• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 8:39 am

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo prepared or pre-made spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.

Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread postby amysx13 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi Ash1111,

I've personally opened my ongoing honey jar more than once, to add more personal concerns and also to add a new petition one time. Based on everything I've read in this forum, it's okay to open the honey jar and it won't damage the power of the jar. I certainly haven't noticed any problems with mine, it's still just as strong as it has always been. I'm not an expert however, but if you read through the pages in here, I think you'll feel comfortable opening the jar to add the personal concern. It might work fine being under the jar, but if it was me, I'd want to put it inside. Hopefully that helps you a little!

-Amy
Thank you Saint Martha for your continued blessings!
amysx13

Unread postby Sister Jean » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:25 am

Hello Ash1111,

It's fine to open honey jars and add more items. The ones you don't want to open are vinegar jars.

Hope that helps!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org
Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread postby babygirl » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:29 am

Thank you sister Jean, I’m debating on leaving them be, or going in and Re folding all of them. That’s going to be a sticky mess! Makes me wish I did a sugar jar instead of honey!
babygirl

Unread postby Sister Jean » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:15 am

Hello babygirl,

I just went back and read your original post and realized you started this jar two months ago. I think it's past the point of messing with stuff, the jar is already established. If you are seeing good results with it, just leave it be. If not, you'll want to just deploy the first one and start over.

Take care.
Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread postby BabydollBunnyXx » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:07 am

First time poster so if I'm posting in the wrong place or this isn't something to discuss let me know kindly :)

I start a honey jar for love quite a while ago on someone who I feel, and he has even said himself that he feels, is my soulmate. We fell in love but then he had to move away interstate a year ago for work and I wanted to use it to keep us on track so that down the line when his work contract is up (end of this year) we would end up together.

Its been working really well, he keeps coming back to visit every month and always stays in contact, even when I've gotten annoyed and tried to push him away at times when I was feeling overwhelmed with impatience and so on. But the last 6 weeks our passion grew a lot stronger, I burned a pink candle outside under the Libra full moon and the next evening we were on video chat for hours and he was emotional and saying how he just wants to come back already and be with me, get married, etc, all good signs I see of course.

1) in the last 3 weeks I had been worried as he had seemed distant. There is another girl who is infatuated with him and hasn't left him alone the last year so I'm thinking I need to do a freezer spell or vinegar bottle on her to go away?

2) so I started burning a lot of candles on the jar and last week he started saying he felt like he had all this pressure on him with me even though I haven't really done or said anything since that full moon, I shouldn't have burned so many candles out on worry/anxiety, I feel this could have caused that feeling of pressure on him?

3) About 2 weeks ago the wick did become long and ended up in the shape of a heart while the candle was burning and then when the flame got closer to the lid it lit up another old wick and two flames were going then they joined and made one big flame. I want to take them as good signs but now he's feeling pressure? What would two flames mean?

4) I admit I did shake the jar a few times while anxious this month and I haven't been shaking it before.

5) Has anyone had a honey jar work really well and then suddenly look like it was backfiring?

6) So I buried that jar and decided to let it rest. I think its had enough of me working it so damn much the last 3 weeks. Is this possible?

7) I've since made a new jar last night while its a waxing moon and I intend to be more gentle with this one and only burn a pink candle on Friday evenings and leave it alone the rest of the time. I feel like this one could be stronger as I only had a bit of unwashed clothing of his in the other one but in this one it has his semen, hair, unwashed clothing, my hair and I have put in a rose quartz in this one along with cinnamon, cloves, coriander, lavendar, ground ginger and rosemary. I had the herbs/spices in the other one but I didn't have a crystal in there, I also burned sage around everything prior to assembling. He has been more talkative today and seems to be relaxed and happy. Would it be okay to burn a candle every friday (and obviously not ever shake this one haha) or should I be more gentle and just do it every full moon or?

8) Also wanted to know if lady beetles and dragonflies symbolise anything after spells? Today doing the gardening I had an immense amount of lady beetles land on me near where i buried the old honey jar and starting that new one last night. I did a quick red candle sugar bowl spell this evening (wax formed a heart) and buried it and two dragonflies followed me back into the house.

My jar will be left alone now but thats the only thing i'll be working from now on and only once in a while.
BabydollBunnyXx

Unread postby Ash1111 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:47 am

thanks amysx13 and Sister Jean for your replies. :)
Ash1111

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:59 am

BabydollBunnyXx --

I wish i could answer all of your questions, but you are new here and are rushing things. I have numbered your questions and will reply partially here -- in the Sugar and Honey spell thread -- and partially by directing you to where you should have been asking -- in other areas of the Forum. We have 15,000 topics, each one different, and it is unwise to try to shovel off-topic questions into a thread set up for a specific topic. Thanks for understanding.

----------

1) A freezer spell on the other women is a good idea. If they are together, try a vinegar jar or break up spell to drive them apart.

See these pages:

ICE BOX AND FREEZER SPELLS in the Hoodoo and Conjure Tradition
http://www.luckymojo.com/freezer.html

General Freezer Spell Questions and Answers
general-freezer-spell-questions-and-answers-t8676.html

BOTTLE SPELLS and SPELL BOTTLES
http://www.luckymojo.com/bottlespells.html

General Vinegar Jar Questions and Answers
general-vinegar-jar-questions-and-answers-t5581.html

----------

2) I believe you are drawing an incorrect conclusion. A honey or sugar spell cannot be overworked and change its intention. You said that you have "gotten annoyed and tried to push him away at times." I think that your shifting moods, not the sweet spell, have caused him to feel "pressure."

You can learn more about sugar and honey spells and how they are used in this excellent book by Deacon Millett:

BOO-GRI-HHSS
Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells: by Deacon Millett
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

----------

3) Divination of candle flames and wicks is discussed here:

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains
candle-divination-flame-wick-wax-glass-remains-t8537.html

You will find more details on candle divination in this book i wrote:

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

----------

4) Shaking a jar is done to increase energy -- particularly the energy of speed, stress, or anger. I have no idea whether you shook your honey jar out of impatience or anxiety, or because your moods had shifted, but, typically, there is no reason to shake up a sweet jar if it is working. Sweetness should be calm, not rough. Why rock the boat?

----------

5) I don't know about "anyone," but you are here at the Lucky Mojo Forum, so i will state my opinion, as a long-time worker. I have never seen a spell "back-fire." I have seen spells fail, but not "back-fire." If i set a spell in motion and it works, it works. A long-term spell may weaken and fade over time, but that is not "backfiring." I submit that your statement about your shifting moods, when you have have "gotten annoyed and tried to push him away at times" is the root cause of the experience you are having.

Read more about people's opinions about spells "back-firing" and contribute to that particular topic here:

Can Spells Back-Fire, Blow Back, Reverse On Me, or Harm Me?
can-spells-back-fire-blow-back-reverse-on-me-or-harm-me-t40.html

----------

6) No, that does not seem possible to me. To attribute an emotion of disgust or annoyance or anger to a honey jar sounds like a fantasy from a horror movie ... you know, the kind in which, during the final 20 minutes of the movie, the honey jar literally UNDIGS ITSELF from the garden and comes rolling back into the house to KILL THE TEEN-AGED GIRL. Sounds silly to me.

----------

7) I get the sense that you are asking for an expert's opinion on whether it is better to burn candles on a sugar or honey jar three times a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are traditional for love), or on Friday only (for love), or at the full moon (for unspecified reasons, including love).

Burning candles on a sugar or honey jar is not the only way to work a sweet jar. Read the material for which i have provided links, and buy Deacon Millett's book to read -- and you will see that your question is founded on your belief that there is a rule-set -- the idea that hoodoo is a game, with rules, like poker, or Candy Crush Saga. It is not like that. It is an art. Your sense of the artistry of your spiritual work should guide you.

Traditional workers can point the way, and they can tell you what are the most common, the most popular, and even the most effective techniques and methods and ingredients that they know -- but no one here will give you a rule-set. So, i find that three times a week is great to get a spell going, then once a week for maintenance is fine, and if it is working well, one a month is good.

----------

8) Post this question here, please:

Insects or Spiders as Omens: Ant, Bee, Wasp, Spider, Bug
insects-or-spiders-as-omens-ant-bee-wasp-spider-bug-t20597.html

----------

I have spent 45 minutes replying to you. I cannot do that again. I know you are new, but from now on, i request that you post your questions in the correct threads, so that the moderators and i can reply to each question. If you wish to hire a personal coach for rootwork, to answer all of your questions in one go, this sort of material could have been covered verbally in about half an hour (it takes longer to type than to speak).

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby babygirl » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:50 pm

Sister Jean, I would like to start over, but all the personal concerns I had left went into this jar. I do still have his boxers that I can put pieces of them in there, but I don’t have anymore hair. I spent way too long trying to tie one of his pubic hairs to one of my head hairs, that took forever!!! Can I search for the hairs in the jar and reuse them in a new jar? I can also start over with the pics and petitions. My only concern is that hair.
babygirl

Unread postby BabydollBunnyXx » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:46 pm

I appreciate all your help catherineyronwode and will look into all of that!

Thank you :)
BabydollBunnyXx

Unread postby Sister Jean » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:07 am

Hello babygirl,

Some people do not like to reuse personal concerns, but if you absolutely must, get a pair of tweezers and find them, then put them into the new jar.

Take care.
Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread postby vmadone » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:52 am

Hello lovelies!

Is honey jar suitable for making your partner smitten by you again? I mean he seemed distant since we are hardly seeing each other though texting is but hardly any phone calls. I can sense his changes. He used to give me sweet messages every morning, calls me between but now no more.

Feedback is totally appreciated.
vmadone

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:26 pm

vmadone --

A sugar or honey spell would be one leg of such work. I would also use candles (leg two) and physical contact work, such as sending him a dressed gift.

You may wish to get a reading to see what is slowing down his expressions of love -- it could be anything from health or family matters to job pressures or another lover. A reading may help you gain clarity and enable you to work most effectively in the magical realm.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Pyromancer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:27 pm

vmadone he could be having an issue or stressed out
Pyromancer

Unread postby Eternal_Moonlight » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:11 pm

I started my new honey jar. The petition paper filled with the person concern and herbs floated to the top. Not open, nothing fell out. It is still tightly folded. I was just curious if that was a bad thing. Help!
Eternal_Moonlight

Unread postby RevJames » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:55 am

Eternal_Moonlight,

I would say your fine, if you like you could give the jar a quick turn and back over to coat keep it all coated with honey. It may eventually soak up enough honey and sink and stay down.

I wouldn't say its anything bad though :)
Matthew 17:20
RevJames

Unread postby prickly-pear » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:07 pm

Hello all,
Just a quick update on my situation and a solicitation for some additional advice. I received my honey jar kit on a Friday night and got right to work that night. As for personal concerns, I didn’t have a hair, but I did have some semen which I had caught on a little piece of tissue. I took that and placed it inside a dried petal from some roses he gave me, and then folded all in with the petition paper. I did the carving intentions in the candle, anointing, etc. The next day he called me 7 times while he was out drinking with his friends. Every time was about how much he missed me and how hard it was without me. That was incredibly fast for a honey jar, but I’m not complaining. A week later he called again that he wanted me to come over so I did. Again, he missed me so much and wanted to be with me. But when we tried to talk about it, he wavered. He wanted to stay broken up because it felt like the right thing to do since we don’t want the same things. But he wanted to be back together because he missed me and loved me and wanted to make me happy. Finally he asked me for more time to think about our relationship and what he wants. His mom went into the hospital the day after we broke up and he said he’d been thinking about that a lot and hadn’t had time to fully process us breaking up. So he wants a week or two where we still talk but he can really think about everything. I want to give him this space because I don’t want to push him. That being said I don’t want to be dragged around. I know I said this would be quick, so I’ll wrap it up. It would seem as though the miss me/love me aspects of my honey jar are working, but the getting back together/influencing ones are experiencing a little stickiness, so to speak. I have been lighting candles M/W/F but I plan on upping that to every day while he’s “thinking,” does anyone have any suggestions for things I might add to give some extra oomph to the getting back together/influencing aspect of the jar? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all so much!
prickly-pear

Unread postby Sister Jean » Tue May 01, 2018 1:16 pm

Hello prickly-pear,

I think increasing the frequency of your candle-burnings on your honey jar is a good idea, and you could add in another type of work like a red skull candle dressed with Influence oil, or a doll baby.

http://www.luckymojo.com/products-candle-skull.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/influence.html
general-doll-baby-voodoo-doll-poppet-questions-and-answers-t8946.html

Take care.
Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread postby prickly-pear » Tue May 01, 2018 9:40 pm

As always, thank you so much Sister Jean. I just placed my order for the Red Skull Candle, hopefully it ships soon so I can get to work on in in conjunction with my honey jar. Thanks again!
prickly-pear

Unread postby inquiringminds128 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:52 am

So I'm slowly finding my way to this forum just about everyday LOL!! Almost as if I'm hooked. But moving, I've been reading a lot on the Honey Jars mostly because I'm wanting to apply for a line of credit (I have poor credit, all 3 scores are in the 500's) but I don't think I have a good chance. I was thinking about making a honey jar using the name of my bank since I don't know EXACTLY who approves the loans, and use the money for the loan to help clear up some debt (collections, charge-offs, and etc.) Once I've cleared enough and my score has boosted a little I was thinking of doing a new Honey Jar for the same bank, but this time for a revolving line of credit instead.

Now, my question is should I do the Honey Jar for the revolving line of credit and just let one Jar do for all or do two Honey Jars for each purpose separate? Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. Once I get the line of credit, I was also thinking about doing a Money Stay With Me spell if that makes any sense.

Be blessed you all 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
inquiringminds128

Unread postby Sister Jean » Fri May 04, 2018 7:43 am

Hello inquiringminds128,

I think your plan for the honey jars sound great; I would do separate jars for each separate purpose. And Money Stay With Me work sounds like a great idea!

Since you are trying to increase your credit and get out of debt, here is a thread I think you'll find very useful:

spells-to-get-out-of-debt-fix-credit-get-higher-credit-score-t9133-120.html

Good luck!
Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread postby inquiringminds128 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:01 am

Thank you so much Sister Jean!
inquiringminds128

Freezer Honey Jar to bring someone to you

Unread postby Prettylady1214 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:53 am

Has anyone heard of putting a honey jar in the freezer to draw someone closer and sweeten them up? Thanks
Prettylady1214

Re: Freezer Honey Jar to bring someone to you

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat May 05, 2018 11:53 pm

Prettylady1214 --

No and that is one of the dumbest ideas i have ever heard.

Read about Freezer spells here:

http://luckymojo.com/freezer.html

Read about honey spells here:

http://luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

and also in this great book:

BOO-GRI-HHSS
Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells by Deacon Millett
$9.00

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby vmadone » Sat May 12, 2018 7:55 am

Hi Cath

Thanks for the reply. Well, he's recently separated but all of sudden wanna go back to his ex. I think that might lead to his cold shoulder towards me. So is doing honey jar practical enough to actually sweeten him back to me?
vmadone

Unread postby Sister Jean » Sun May 13, 2018 9:10 am

Hello vmadone,

I think I'm missing the beginning of this conversation but yes, the honey jar should sweeten him toward you.

Take care.
Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread postby SugarLoveHoney » Thu May 17, 2018 9:12 pm

I was wondering if you can make honey jars on yourself? To make you sweet towards yourself/self love type of thing? I’m starting to do some self work and this thought came into my mind. Since I’m female maybe using herbs like Queen Elizabeth, Rosemary and Angelica root, making a petition that says “Self love, confidence, empowerment” And burn purple candles on the jar Anointed with Queen Elizabeth root oil and master oil. Has anyone else done something like this?
SugarLoveHoney

Unread postby Sister Jean » Sat May 19, 2018 11:24 am

Hello SugarLoveHoney,

I think this is a great idea! I've recommended it to a client before. Good luck to you in your work.
Sister Jean
Site Admin

Previous

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

Return to Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo