Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:48 pm

Hadadat --

Yes. Eating that jar of honey, a spoon at a time, one spoon per day, will be your penance. Make the second jar at the start, but eat that first jar to eat your words. I would not say it if i did not prescribe it.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Hadadat

Unread post by Hadadat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:17 pm

Ok, I see. So, eat one spoon of honey per day from the first jar, till it's all consumed, but I can also restart a new jar at the same time? And I can reuse the personal effects from the first jar in the new one, correct? There are some flowers he gave me mixed in with the honey, can i pick those out to add to the new jar as well? Thank you for being so helpful. 😓

Deliciousdonut

Unread post by Deliciousdonut » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:44 am

Hey group I think I have something I can be exited about, i started my honey jar Saturday and the first candle dropped all over the honey bottle, lit another one this morning and it burned high and clear with know dripping does that mean my honey jar is working? And can I burn a candle for my jar every day?

Fenty

Unread post by Fenty » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:15 pm

I have a question regarding Honey Jars. This will be my first time attempting to create Honey Jars. They are for 3 seperate people.

- one for a man i had an interview with in my line of work. He would make a great mentor. But we have lost touch over some months. I plan to contact him again about the mentorship and want him to be receptive to the idea and willing to assist me in advancing in my field. Can i use his picture as the personal item?

- the other 2 people are for love interests who I want to be open to the idea of marriage soon. One guy Ive dated off and on for 2yrs. The 2nd guy Ive known about 6months.

So my question is do I create 3 separate honey jars for each of them? If so, what kind of oils should I use, and any specific instructions I should follow. If honey jars are not ideal to this situation, any recommendations on what I can do instead?

Thanks in advance for all your help

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Hello, Fenty, and thanks for joining the Lucky Mojo Forum.

First, consider what a sweet (sugar, honey, or molasses) jar is for: It is to make someone sweet. That is, they are to be sweet, kindly, loving, gentle, verbally agreeable, and generous.

This is ideal for your mentor. You want favour to be shown. Add a petition aper folded into a packet, with his name and your wish on the paper. In the packet, place herbs that are used for influence. We make a honey jar for this purpose, with all ingredients and instructions. It is the Influence Honey Jar kit:

SPL-HON-INFL
Influence Another's Mind for Any Good Purpose Honey Spell
$20.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Sweetening spells may be considered adjectival, that is, they are used for sweetening reconciliation, sweetening reunion, sweetening a judge or jury, sweetening a probation or parole officer, sweetening sex, sweetening marriage, sweetening a boss, sweetening co-workers, sweetening a workplace, sweetening friendships, sweetening a loan officer, sweetening a landlord, sweetening a pet, sweetening in-laws, sweetening an ex, sweetening a spiritual entity, etc.

For more information and practical magical tips on how to use sweetening spells for both proxy work (as in a honey or sugar jar) and in direct contact work (as in touching, dressing, feeding, bathing, or drinking) please refer to this book:

BOO-GRI-HHSS
Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells by Deacon Millett
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Next we have the two men whom you "want to be open to the idea of marriage soon."

If they are not already sweet, kindly, loving, gentle, verbally agreeable, and generous, you should not be wanting to marry either of them. There is not much point in asking for a marriage proposal from someone who is sour, unkind, rough, verbally disputational, and stingy!

So why do people use sugar jars on lovers or marital partners? Not to get a proposal, but to sooth them and reorient them to kindliness whenever the relationship hits a rocky patch or to overcome their tendency to stinginess when it is time to open their wallets.

This leaves the question of what would be better for getting a marriage proposal, and i will say that a skull candle, white, dressed with marriage oil would be more to my way of working.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Elisa

Unread post by Elisa » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:37 am

Hello,

I have a question regarding the honey jar spell. I have made a honey jar around 2 weeks ago in regards to a man for whom l have feelings, and l believe they are reciprocated. However as l am very shy l have always kept them hidden despite his attempts to have me open up. There has been much heartache and misunderstanding in our dealings because of these “unspoken” emotions so we have agreed that we are meeting next week to talk. I have made a honey jar (complete with mine and his hair entwined and a piece of his handwriting inside the petition paper) and burned candles on it during the waxing of the moon and will resume when the moon begins to wax again. For the first time in a few months now l felt very peaceful and warm feelings the night l started the jar. My intent was something along the line “we have feelings for each other and we are not afraid to call it love. HIS NAME do not be afraid to love me and choose me”.

Now, l have two questions.

FIRST QUESTION:

I intend to make cookie for this gentleman with the honey from the honey jar, or just give him the honey as a gift (he loves it).

1. How long must l work the jar before l do that?

2. Can l start a new jar with the same intent?

3. Can l re-use the same petition paper and items or have to make a new one for a new jar?

SECOND QUESTION is:

I have noticed the petition paper is starting to unfold. It has not opened or released the contents but it is no longer tight.

4. I had thought of wrap a piece of red thread around it but l was afraid it could “bind” the spell in the wrong way, this being a sweetening spell rather than a commanding one.

5. What happens if it opens up and release the contents, can l still work the jar that way or have to start a new jar?

Thank you very much for your help, it means a lot to me at this time in my life.
Elisa

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:19 am

Hello, Elisa, and welcome to the forum.

I have merged your post into the 18-page thread on "General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers" because these questions, although new to you, have often been asked -- and answered. Please do not start new threads, but do read the previous ten years of questions and answers to help yourself, whenever possible.

Okay, having given my pitch for self-learning, i will answer your questions:

1. There is no "must." You can pray over any food at the time you make it and serve it fresh at table.

2. Yes, you certainly can.

3. I am going tell you to learn a better way to make a petition, because your petition is troubling you, as per your questions 4 and 5.

4. Your petition paper is unfolding because it is not a packet. You can tie it with string, of course, or pin it shut with safety pins (often used to hold someone close. Your idea that tying up a packet automatically makes the spell a "binding" spell is silly and either the result of your unfamiliarity with African-American folk magic or of your trying to create a rule-set for yourself or being told a rule-set by people who are equally unfamiliar with hoodoo. Folding, tying, pinning, wrapping and all other forms of closure are processes used to secure the spell, not to bind a person.

5. Well, since you did not specify "the contents" of your folded paper, i cannot answer that, but if "the contents" are toxic or inedible, that would mess up the honey. Now, to the real solution to your problem: No one has taught you how to fold a packet. A packet is not the same as a folded petition paper of the type one might put under a candle. It is in-folded in a way to contain its contents. As i said above, packets may be made by folding, tying, pinning, or wrapping -- and of all o these, the most elegant for sugar jars (and honey jars) is the self-folded paper packet. You may find how to make these in two of my books -- "Paper in My Shoe" (which is all about petition papers) and "The Art of Making Mojos" (which is all about mojo hands and conjure bags).These books are availabe through us -- or through Amazon, or any good occult book shop. This page will help you:

Lucky Mojo Publishing
http://luckymojo.com/publishing.html

I am glad that you are working in a traditional way -- and i now suggest that you pick up some more traditional tips and tricks of hoodoo for your arsenal of down-home conjure methods.

Best of luck to you.
catherine yronwode

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:43 pm

I must just say that my petition paper unfolded inside my honey jar. I've followed suggestions that were made here, and in the honey jar kit, when making it - putting all the herbs and personal concerns inside, then folded it towards me as per the instructions. I wrote here back then it was nearly impossible to fold because of everything in there - and it has indeed unfolded inside. Nothing is toxic and truthfully I don't intend to be using the honey anyway, and I do feel the honey jar has been working perfectly.

Edward T
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Edward T » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:58 pm

Antiviral
Sorry that happened to you. First try using just a pinch of each herb your putting in your petition paper. You may just have too much in there that it’s becoming bulky.
If you don’t have a copy of paper in my shoe. I would highly suggest getting a copy. There’s a nice illustration on how to fold a petition paper. It works great!!!!
http://www.luckymojo.com/paperinmyshoe.html
Good luck. Edward T
HRCC Graduate #1985 --Hoodoo Psychics, Reader, Forum Moderator, Rootworker

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:29 pm

The honey jar is still working though. And I cannot remake it anyway because the personal concerns in there are ones I'm unlikely to be able to get again. But I'm happy with it. I followed the instructions for folding as they were in the kit and because it's not a packet I suspect it often unfolds, but still works. I suppose if I wanted to cook with it I'd have a problem, but I don't intend to.

Elisa

Unread post by Elisa » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:25 am

Hello Catherine, thank you very much for your kindness in replying to this. Yes l have read several other posts before submitting mine trying to find an answer but perhaps l was not lucky enough, l apologise for that.

No, my petition hasn’t unfolded, it still resembles a packet. Because my friend who does rootwork told me to start right away while the moon was still waxing, l proceeded the same night with what l had at hand. She said l could go with the basics since l had the most important items: his hair, my hair, and his handwriting. She suggested to add the vanilla pod and l added cinnamon as a herb on my intuition. So l checked this tutorial video from a lady on YouTube, Ms Palmita, to learn how to fold a petition paper. I wrote his name 3 times, then turned the paper clockwise and crossed it with my name 3 times. Then l wrote my petition all around the names in a circle without ever stopping my hand, in a continuous line and, to my surprise, l succeeded at the first attempt. Applied a little olive oil 5 points. Then a made a knot with my hair around his hair and placed it there along with two tiny photos of us, our faces facing each other. Then added whatever l had at hand: a little vanilla bourbon beans from the pod and a little cinnamon. Placed the piece of his handwritten note to me and wrote his name and date of birth on the back. I folded it like Ms Pamita had recommended: 3 times towards me until l could fold no more, then turned it clockwise, fold it again towards me 3 times, turned it again and fold it again until l could fold no more. It turned out quite tightly folded. I had a piece of red string at hand but since Ms Pamita had placed at the bottom of the jar without securing it in any way l thought perhaps there is a reason why she doesn’t do that, that’s why l thought there might be something wrong with securing it with string or pins.

Thank you Catherine for your advice on that book, l will immediately buy it, l do not want to make mistakes. Then l ate three spoons of honey while reciting my petition aloud and finally placed the petition at the bottom of the jar along with the vanilla pod, a little cinnamon and sprinkled everything with brown sugar. I also added a tiny tiny statue of the Black Virgin Mary that is at the sanctuary in my hometown because that’s where l went to ask her to help me make this relationship work through sweet and more open heartfelt communication. I finally sealed the jar, grabbed a pink candle, inscribed his name on it as l was reciting my petition, dressed it with a little olive oil and rose essential oil and burned it. I kept burning one every day for as long as the moon was waxing and stopped as it began to wane. I have now purchased the proper oils and herbs that l am going to use on the candle when the moon starts waxing again. In the meantime, l still work my jar everyday without burning the candle: l warm it by placing it in warm water (for instance last night the jar was with me in the bathtub while l handled it, caressed it and talk to it) and praying over it, reciting my petition and reading from the Song of Solomon loud.

I don’t feel the petition opening up is an issue now because it is still tight, only the external corners have lifted. My question was more a concern for the future: what happens if it eventually opens up? Shall l start the jar again? That’s why l was considering feeding him the honey. Sorry, perhaps l did not make myself clear, English is not my mother tongue! I hope l will never have to open it for a long time because l feel l have very good feelings about it. It seems to me that the jar is simultaneously working on me: as soon as l sealed it l no longer felt the frustration and resentment I had experienced before, four days later l was even able to go and tell him that l was sorry for raising my voice to him, and l did so without feeling miserable or anything, rather feeling quite relaxed and joyous. He understood and l believe appreciated it.

Thank Catherine you for helping me out and pointing me to the right direction, so l can learn the right basics.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:10 pm

aniviel ,

Not uncommon to happen, only downside is cooking with it, otherwise the jar is perfectly able to continue its work. I would order the book Edward T suggested as it will teach you many ways to fold a petition and use them in many other workings.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:35 pm

I will for the next one :) I know it'll come in handy for other things I'm planning. Thank you JayDee

Jevaud

Unread post by Jevaud » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:08 pm

I'm planning for a reconciliation honey jar spell. My target's legal name has changed, like completely. Not through any marital status or anything, he went to court and straight up changed his name completely; no vestige left of his birth name at all; first, middle and last name absolutely changed. I have both names fully, I just wanted to gain opinions from the community as to which, if not both would a practitioner use.

I do have personal concerns of his so I'm not worried about using the wrong name, as I feel both are tied to him. I felt however that this would be an interesting topic to discuss as I'm not sure if such an occurrence has been addressed yet.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Jevaud ,

I would use the name he has changed it to and goes by since he has a strong connection to that name and selected it for use. This is a bit deeper then someone going by a nick name or has a real name as John but everyone calls him Ryan, this is a person who went ahead to court and legally changed it, therefore its the name I would use. That is my opinion lol. Great you have a personal concern that is a strong connection to the target.

Jevaud

Unread post by Jevaud » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:54 am

Thank you Jay Dee. That makes absolute sense. One would want to use the name he properly identifies himself with. So I will use that, and note this in my root work notebook.

Fenty

Unread post by Fenty » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:05 pm

So I am working on creating a honey jar for 3 different people. i have a few questions and could use some help. This will be my first time creating a honey jar. The 3 people are

- my boss (to convert my contract position to a permanent one)
- for a man I want to be my mentor in my career field
- a coworker who is in a higher position, to use his influence and connections to help me secure a permanent position, and help me financially

Questions

1) Can I use the same jar for all 3 people?

2) What herbs can I add to the honey jar for the purposes listed above?

3) Can I print out their pictures on regular printer paper then write my petition on the back and fold into a sachet with the herbs, or just stick with writing on parchment paper?

4) I bought green candles for this purpose since it deals with money and career advancement. Or is a different color candle recommended?

5) How often do I burn a new candle - i read somewhere on the forum Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

6) I also plan to dress the candle and anoint the paper with Crown of Success, Road Opener and John the Conqueror oils.

7) Do I fill the jars with honey first, then insert the folded paper sachets, or should i place the folded sachets at the bottom of the jar, then pour the honey on top.

Sorry if the questions are redundant. This is my first time

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:47 pm

Hello, Fenty, and welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum.

Your questions have been asked -- and answered -- many times on this Forum. Since you did not say that you were familiar with it, i would like you to start by reading this web page, which is part of my free online book, "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" (HITAP):

HONEY JAR AND SUGAR BOX MAGIC SPELLS TO SWEETEN PEOPLE
http://luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

Also, i sincerely recommend that if you wish to make your own honey jars or sugar jars, then rather that ask questions, you also study the entire subject of sweetening spells in a wider context, via this book by Deacon Millett on Honey and Sugar spells -- it gives many recipes you can make at home, for all sorts of situations, including business, but also love, friendship, and even health and beauty:

BOO-GRI-HHSS
Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells: by Deacon Millett
$9.00

Now, on to your questions:

1) Yes, because they are all part of the same situation.

2) Go to "Hoodoo at a Glance," a free, online resource, for herbs listed by purpose. The URL is:

"Hoodoo at a Glance"
http://luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

3) You can use photos.

4) Green candles for money or yellow for success.

5) Go read the page i cited above:

HONEY JAR AND SUGAR BOX MAGIC SPELLS TO SWEETEN PEOPLE
http://luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

You don't need ANY candles to make a honey jar spell. Your frequency of burning is your choice. Three times a week is common. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday is a typical way used in both mundane and magical sequencing to get three almost-regularly-spaced intervals out of a seven-day week.

6) Dressing the candle is fine -- but if you intend to cook with the honey (cookies for the office, for instance) do not put oils on the photo-papers. Your choice of Crown of Success, Road Opener and John the Conqueror oils is not what i would have chosen. I would select Boss Fix for the Boss, Crown of Success for the mentor, Money Drawing for the one from whom you wish to have financial help, and Influence for the whole lot of them. You can buy a pre-mixed blend of these oils from us by ordering a Rootworker's and Churches Special. Read more about these custom 4 oz. blends here:

BLENDING LUCKY MOJO HOODOO OILS AND ORDERING ROOTWORKERS AND CHURCHES SPECIAL BLENDS
http://www.luckymojo.com/oilblends.html

7) It is customary to start with a jar of honey or sugar.. You push the papers into the sweetener, taste the sweetener, and say your prayer, once for each prson's paper, in this instance.

Had you bought a honey jar kit from us, you would have had all of those instructions and more included.

SPL-HON-BOSS
Boss, Manager, Co-Workers Fix Honey Spell
$20.00

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Fenty

Unread post by Fenty » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:33 am

Thank you thank you thank you - catherineyronwode! This was very helpful. I'll definitely read up on the links provided. Thank you again

Saracatt
Newly Registered

Unread post by Saracatt » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I am working on a honey jar spell - a love/come to me - spell. I love honey jars. I have had a lot of success with them in the past.

I saw in other comments mention of a male/female paired lodestone set. Would you put that into the jar? Wouldn't that be messy? Or would you leave them next to it?

Also, I was thinking of experimenting with sugar instead of honey this time. Have you all found that there is a difference? I read the article on the site. Is it just a personal choice whether to use honey or another sweetener?

Thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Saracatt --

The lodestones one would normally put into a small jar or bottle spell would be grit or gravel size not the size of stones or rocks. You could fold them up in a paper packet.

Whether to use sugar or honey -- or pancake syrup or molasses -- is a choice of convenience and personal taste. There are spells that call for sugar and honey to be mixed, also.

Honey has the advantage of never going bad. Sugar has the advantage of being more readily useful in cookery
catherine yronwode

Saracatt
Newly Registered

Unread post by Saracatt » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:15 pm

That makes sense. Thank you!

Dareth
Newly Registered

Unread post by Dareth » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:15 pm

Greetings All,

I’m fairly new at hoodoo and I’ve been doing a honey jar spell for a couple of months.

Well today, the jar cracked and I don’t know what that signifies.

I’ve looked online for answers but couldn’t find anything.

Does anyone know what this means? Thanks

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:08 pm

Hello, Dareth, and welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum.

I am sorry to tell you, but when any tool, container, or curio used in a magic spell accidentally cracks, breaks, explodes, catches on fire, falls into the toilet, get's lost. or is eaten by domestic or wild animals -- that is a sign the spell is broken or ruined. It is not going to keep on working. It is dead.

However, merely accepting that it is dead is not helpful for future planning, so i think that you ought to do a divination -- and your questions ought to cover the following concepts:

Was this accidental spell ruination and the death of this spell signifying to me that:

* i lack consistency and focus in my work
* the person i am working on is angrily fighting back
* a third party is attacking my work
* my work is not favourable to God as it is not justified and righteous
* spirit is telling me to give up and stop trying to accomlish this via magic
* it's just an accident or a natural disaster and i shouldn't sweat it

You can get your answers via any divination tool or system that works for you. If you cannot do divination on your own spell-castng, you could hire a seer to determine the answer for you.

Once you know what the death of the spell actually signifies, you can decide -- or ask, via your divination system -- whether you should start over or just stop.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

spiritofjosh

Unread post by spiritofjosh » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:17 am

Has anybody ever had OPPOSITE results or situations after creating a honey jar spell?

I made my own from my own supplies. I wrote the petition with my name crossing hers, and a circling intention without lifting the pen. I included a good amount of her hair from a brush in our house (we lived together) and used very concentrated sugar water instead of honey because I've read it has faster results. I also added a pinch of catnip and poured the water from a bottle I was drinking out of prior for my own DNA. I don't have oils so I burned a red tea light candle on top and let it burn down naturally, this all took place yesterday.

The target is my ex who broke up with me and is acting extremely bitter and cold and I want her to lighten up so we can talk more civil and maturely. However after the jar so woke up and she is tweeting indirectly mean things about me when I've done nothing or spoke to her.

Is this normal or is the spell not taking effect yet? I put this in my window so the sun can warm it, but I made a prior honey jar spell Sunday but ended up burying it in my yard because I wasn't confident in what I had put in the jar and didn't want to open it. Otherwise I did everything as I should have. Just odd it seemed to make her more sour.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:59 pm

spiritofjosh,

No it is not normal to get the opposite effects. Though as you stated it is possible it has not taken effect. After the work watch and wait for signs indicating how the work will go, then watch for movement. A link on that topic: signs-movement-completion-of-spells-que ... t6436.html
I believe it is a myth that honey jars are slow, work slow, not fast. I have done one on the fly for a pressing issue and had results in a day. Iv also done them where I didnt see results for several weeks. I would enter the work with the notion it will happen and quick. I look at honey this way, the worker bees work very hard to collect those flowers for the nest and the queen. I want the honey to work that hard for me. Cat nip is a love herb and increases passion, is the purpose to get her back? To have sex? Or to just be nicer to you? As a personal concern I would take your hair and her hair and fold them together in a petition paper, which has rose petals with balm of gilead buds in it. http://www.herbmagic.com/balm-of-gilead.html
a LM link on honey jars: http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

spiritofjosh

Unread post by spiritofjosh » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:01 pm

With my ex, she broke up with me and post breakup (only two or so weeks ago) she just gradually started getting more and more bitter and for reasons she was coming up with herself. Very unfair feelings to me because they weren't how I felt and acted but more how SHE was thinking. So it made it way messier than necessary.

So the purpose is to get her to lighten up, be less cold and bitter and us be more civil. I feel the love is still there but hidden behind a huge wall of overprotection and negativity. I hope the honey jar helps us past that as I do not want to fully influence her to come back; Id rather let dat decide that.

Oddly enough I dug up the first honey jar I didn't feel right about and buried it in my backyard, as opposed to front because I've read front yard is for new love and backyard is to keep a certain love. I felt better after doing this when I had noticed I didn't feel right burying it in the front yesterday. I wonder if that had anything to do with a new form of her being negative today.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:26 pm

spiritofjosh ,

Make a honey jar with balm of gilead buds and rose petals and white clovers. Balm of gilead is great to help get over hostile, past hurts, fights, it smooths things over. You can add deers tongue herb as well to communicate nicely. Burn pink candles on the top with reconciliation oil as you pray to bring this to a nice kind relationship between you. Front yard is to draw, back yard is to keep. The honey should be disposed of not the glass, recycle the glass or wash it and reuse. If neither option for disposal seems to fit then it is always customary to pour the content at a crossroad asking to send the energy out in the four directions. Psalms 23 and 32 are great and read together for reconciliation, even if the goal is just to be kind and nice to one another.

I think you are really asking if I do a honey jar will it backfire and make her angry", the answer is no. It either works or it does not. When we pray to God and ask for a fish to eat, does he give you a rock? Of course not, same in prayer with work. I would create a traditional honey jar, pray over it daily about sweetening her to you and being kind to you, use some of the honey if you can in cooking she will eat. Replace that honey after you cook with it in the jar. Burn candles on it Mon-wed-Fri.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi spiritofjosh,

I was confused by your original post. Why did you put water into your sugar jar? You made simple syrup out of it.

If using a sugar jar, bury your petition packet containing personal concerns and any herbs you're using into the dry sugar itself. You can use that sugar for cooking.

If you are using a honey jar and intend to cook with the honey, make sure any herbs you're using are not toxic. Do not put oil in that jar.

Don't put them in the sun to "heat" them up. Sweetening jars do the work they need to do all on their own. Give them time to work as they are indeed continuous and steady spells. You can get results immediately or down the road. It depends on the spell and on Spirit, neither of which works according to a schedule.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Administrator

RevJames
Forum Moderator

Unread post by RevJames » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:28 pm

SpiritofJosh -

Just wanted to chime in here. I've said this before and i'll say it again, sugar + water + yeasts from the air and anything else added = fermentation. Also, heat expedites this process...

Water and sugar/sweet/honey jars just don't mix and unless you "burp" it, you'll end up with a sugary mess all over the walls when the pressure builds up and it explodes.

I would suggest disposing of this jar and starting over. If your the type that ascribes to the "the faster it flows, the faster it works" then just use plain sugar, or a maple syrup. They both pour faster than most honeys (though, I've come across some honeys that are naturally quite thin).

Good luck and stay safe!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148G

spiritofjosh

Unread post by spiritofjosh » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Technically I didn't make a honey jar because I didn't use honey, as noticed. I found another jar spell with positive feedback on its results and it was just a small jar containing your petition, sugar a piece of cinnamon and whatever herbs and then top with water and keep shaking it for effect. So far I haven't noticed any built pressure and I don't heat it directly, just with sunlight so it gets warm, not hot. The idea is the "sweetness" of the sugar water runs faster than honey which is mostly obvious.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:52 pm

SpiritofJosh -

I have to say RevJames is dead on!, as a person who ferments items regularly I can tell you sugar, water and yeast together are a wonderful blend but If you dont leave room to air them they blow. Not a good sign to the work. Water can also go stale and sour the jar not a good sign either. LM sells a book on honey jars if interested in learning more. http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoohoneyandsugarspells.html

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:59 pm

SpiritofJosh ,

The response as a honey jar was because you said you did a type of honey jar. A sugar water jar would fall under sweetener spells. Sweetener spells are used to bring people to you. We cant comment on spells that are made and crafted on other sites using items. Questions regarding those spells are best suited for those site administrators. If something went wrong with this spell and is a backfire would depend on the culture and tradition of that work. To learn about traditional honey/sugar/sweetener jars used in hoodoo, check out this book and link from LM: Book: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoohoneyandsugarspells.html
Lots of info on jars free from LM: http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

Agie Lin Nomoto

Love sweetening spell - bath scrub/melt

Unread post by Agie Lin Nomoto » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:04 am

Items needed:
1 cup Sugar - to sweeten them to you, gritty scrubby componenet
.5 cup creamed honey - to sweeten them to you and to make them stick by you, viscous almost solid consistency
.5 cup coconut oil - to smooth the way, solid carrier oil
9 drops of three different love oils - to fulfill the condition/wish/prayer
Hand blender
Heart shaped molds

Preparation:
Slowly melt the honey and the coconut oil. You don't want it hot, just in a liquid state. Add three drops of each love oil. (IE: Peaceful Home + Stay With Me + Dixie Love, but you can use any combination that suits you) Whip in the sugar with the hand blender to until overall consistency is like whipped cream/batter. The concept of whipping them together is so that your target is "whipped on you." It is appropriate to pray and meditate this intent while whipping the oils and sweeteners together. Once the batter-like consistency is achieved, pour into heart molds and refrigerate to re-solidify and harden. (Avoid freezing as you don't want this to be a freezer spell and "halt" your work.) You should now have solid, heart shaped, bath scrub/melts.

Doing the job:
Although solid, these will melt in the bath easily. Take one of the hearts to the bath and name it your target. In it's solid state, it's like a doll baby. State "as this heart melts, so shall <<Name>>'s heart melt for me." Scrub upwards, as you pray from the Song of Solomon. If you feel guided to pray a different biblical verse, do so. Since my intention was to end marital spats and rekindle tender, faithful love, I chose 1 Corinthians 13 as this verse holds deep meaning to me.

This has become one of my favorite ways to work with a sweetener spell because although it is sympathetic magic as a doll baby, it can be applied as contact magic should your target use them (and they make great inconspicuous "tricks"). Good luck, and I hope it works for you as it has for me.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:32 am

Agie Lin Nomoto ,

Awesome spell you have created! I use molds as well to make bath bombs I use heart shapes for love, stars for attention or success etc. There is a book LM sells that you may be very interested in that is about spiritual baths. hoodoo-spiritual-baths-book-questions-a ... 27796.html

amblingphoenix
Newly Registered

Unread post by amblingphoenix » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:54 pm

Hello,

I know it's not necessary to open the honey jar, but upon trying to, it is completely screwed shut, can't get it open at all. I've been burning candles on it & one night, I had sprinkled some herbs around it which ultimately scorched to a gritty ash. The grit got under the ring (one of those 2-piece lids) and the flat part actually is depressed now like when you pressure can something. Is this possibly of any divinatory significance?

Thank you.

Agie Lin Nomoto

Unread post by Agie Lin Nomoto » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi Amblingpheonix,

Everyone has their own way of interpreting signs like that. I would say it would depend on the work you were doing. If you were doing a sort of attraction spell, I would say that getting stuck together like that could indicate success in that whatever you are trying to attract will stick with you. If you were doing it for road opening, I would say getting stuck is not a good thing. It's very subjective to the context of your situation.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:43 pm

Hi amblingphoenix,

We don't do divination on the forum, but may I ask how your jar has been working for you? If it's working, I wouldn't interrupt that progress. If you are having difficulty with your target, then you might want to get a reading to see if your stuck lid is a sign of something you can work on. You can find reputable readers here:
www.readersandrootworkers.org/
www.hoodoopsychics.com

Good luck.

curiouslyhere

Unread post by curiouslyhere » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:52 pm

Hello,

I am currently doing a honey jar on my ex (with the LM influence honey jar kit), with a pink candle, the influence oil, ward off evil oil, and clarity oil. In addition to setting the intention to have my ex see me as sweet, can I use a honey jar to get someone to see through their own self-deception--specifically that a person has convinced themselves something about me that is not true? Should I use the honey jar strictly for getting him to see me as sweet and utilize a separate spell to get him to see through his own self-delusion and see my good intentions? I will be doing another spell to get him to apologize, and I will be using cast off evil and clarity oils on that to encourage him to see through the lies he has convinced himself of.

Thank you

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:19 pm

Hi curiouslyhere,

I answered your other posts about your ex's mother in that thread, and presume this question to be related.

Keep your honey jar focused on sweetening his image of you. That work can continue long after you've helped him resolve the issues with his mother. Your honey jar can strengthen your relationship with him indefinitely.

Good luck.

curiouslyhere

Unread post by curiouslyhere » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:15 pm

Thank you, Miss Athena! I will start a fresh honey jar.

Graveyardhag

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:54 am

No question here, just an observation.
I just dismantled a sugar jar I had done a while ago to attempt to sweeten an ex "friend" toward me so she'd stop lying about me. Decided to go freezer route instead.

My God it was rank! It smelt so bad and the sugar was half melted and sludgy. Definitely would not have wanted to cook with that disgusting mess!
Really good indication that that jar wasn't working lol.
Thank you St Martha, St Anthony & St Expedite for all you have done for me.

curiouslyhere

Unread post by curiouslyhere » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:06 am

I am back with an update. Before I was able to start a new honey jar, my ex came over to pick up some of his things he had forgotten when he moved out. Things were so hopeless, I wasn't even trying for reconciliation because I didn't want to force something that wasnt going to work out. I was just hoping to sweeten him and get an apology (with a separate spell). But out if the blue, he told me he was in love with me and wanted to marry me. He said he wanted to try to make this work, and for the first time in 2 years, he showed himself as who he had always been before and agreed to things that are mandatory for me, including couples therapy.

I hope this brings some engagement to people. this was the first "work" I've ever done. I am so grateful for the Lucky Mojo site that us full of information, this forum, and the moderators and Cat who put so much energy into helping us.

background and spell I used: We have been separated for nearly a year now, but cohabitated in the same house until about 5 weeks ago because of having to figure out house issues. I started the honey jar nearly a month after he moved out. I used the influence honey jar kit from Lucky Mojo and only had one candle, so after that burned down, I used a white taper candle rolled in appropriate colored glitter. then it just sat while I was waiting for more candles.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:40 pm

Hi curiouslyhere,

Well that is wonderful news, congratulations!

I would keep your work going. Honey jars are wonderful for keeping a relationship happy so I would still go ahead and make a new one.

I'm so happy for you and wish you both a wonderful future together.

LittleWitch2020
Newly Registered

Unread post by LittleWitch2020 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:44 pm

@curiouslyhere
He and I haven't spoken since April. I have faith in myself and the products I've bought. He's gonna be sweeter than candy when I'm done. "Honey🍯Jar" on the way! After reading your success... I'm all in!
I am soooooo happy for you!
I'm in love too. I realised how I felt when I was about to do a get even with your ex spell. I realised(he's my soulmate) after 18 months I haven't been with or desire to be with another man. I prayed God would take the love out of my heart for him. But, he didn't. It's still there. I'm gonna do some work on my love. This honey jar will be part of my work.

Congrats again🎉

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:23 pm

LittleWitch2020 ,

In another topic you asked how to write a petition and I thought it was related to a honey jar, here is a link on LM which gives details on how to write a petition with a honey jar: http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

ultraldc
Newly Registered

Unread post by ultraldc » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:56 am

Hi All! Happy New Year! Quick question! I have to travel for a week and will miss working my honey jars. Might any one have any suggestions for this? I could pack them but don't feel right about moving them from my altar, plus they are kinda heavy for a suitcase. Would love a bit of advice asap. Thank you!

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:01 am

Ultraldc,

I travel frequently so I make it a point to have a set of travel materials (basic love/money drawing, banishing/repelling, blessing/healing, oils) , a set of herbs for the same purposes, and chime candles. Wherever I will be staying, I make a dedicated space, a temporary altar if you will, to minor workings if necessary. For me this would be ideal to continue to work a honey jar however, removing it from your altar is a personal preference so if you are uncomfortable with it then yes, I'd stay away from it.

I believe your honey jar will be fine if you don't work it for a while but if you are still intent on finding another way, I would see nothing wrong with getting a very small mini jar and transferring the petition and a bit of the honey into a smaller one. Getting chime candles to work it still may be preferable to you.

Hope this helps
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

ultraldc
Newly Registered

Unread post by ultraldc » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:12 pm

Many thanks Dr. Darensbourg,

Never really thought of a creating a "travel altar." Will consider for sure (thought I typically use white sage the millisecond I get to each hotel and usually use candles and incense just in general so yes, why not go further). I don't really feel good at all about opening up the jars given the kind of natural sealing the wax has made over time so I don't think I'd feel too good opening them up so think I will let them rest a minute but thank you SO much for all!!!!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi ultraldc,

If something doesn't feel right to you, then don't do it. That's a general principle, in magic and in life.

If you want to continue the work you're doing with your honey jar while you are away, you could always have MISC set a vigil light for whatever goal you are working towards with your honey jar. They will pray over it and keep it lit for you (they typically burn for at least 120 hours), so this can back up your work while you're unable to work your jar. Plus, they will send you a report afterwards so you can know how the candle performed.

You can find the candle ministry here:
http://www.missionaryindependent.org/ca ... vices.html

ultraldc
Newly Registered

Unread post by ultraldc » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:49 pm

Yes, I know that. Thank you :-)
Great idea on the vigil light, though!! Thank you.

cappygirl11

Unread post by cappygirl11 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:40 pm

I made a honeyjar about 5 years ago when my boyfriend and I went through a bad patch. 

The relationship had been going great for the last 5 years. Yesterday he ended everything after we had a fight in December and he said I went below the belt and he wasn't interest in the relationship knowing I think those things about him. 

I still have my honey jar. I sometimes still light candles on it. Or put it in a cup of boiling water as the build up of candles on the top is so great that the wax doesn't reach the jar.

Also the honey has reduced a bit and the paper with the pictures protrudes out of the honey level.

Can i continue working the same jar or should I start fresh? I don't have any personal concerns just pictures of us together.

Also is the boiling water fine?

cappygirl11

Unread post by cappygirl11 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:49 pm

Can i use MISC while working my own jar?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:03 pm

Hi cappygirl11,

You can remake the honey jar with fresh honey and you will be fine. Or open the jar you already have and add more honey to it.

Don't use boiling water, use warm water to immerse your jar in halfway, if you find the honey solidifying.

Yes, you can use MISC to set lights for you while you work your jar. It is a wonderful way to back up your own efforts.

I'm confused as to why you wouldn't have any personal concerns of his after all this time together. Certainly some hair (use a lint roller on his pillow), a piece of unwashed clothing, something he's written in his own hand, something he's given you. Be creative, it shouldn't be too hard to find something he's left in your possession.

cappygirl11

Unread post by cappygirl11 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:37 pm

If he wore a shirt just to fit it. Would that be unwashed clothing

cappygirl11

Unread post by cappygirl11 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:51 am

Just to double check. It is fine to open my current jar and add additional honey and herbs? I won't be loosing any energy attached to the jar?

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:48 am

Cappygirl11

Re:
Unwashed clothing- no. You want his essence to be on the clothing so you want there to be perspiration or any of his body fluids. Semen landing on it or wiped up with it.. fingernail clippings, blood from a nose bleed... things like that.

Honey jar - yes
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

Witchin
Newly Registered
Honey jar question

Unread post by Witchin » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:51 pm

:roll: I think I wrote down wrong judge name in honey jar and I already burned a brown candle.. should I open honey jar and stick the real name of judge? Or start all over?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi Witchin,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum!

I moved your post to the correct place in the forum as you posted it to the thread asking for help with technical issues on the forum.

If this were me, I would start a new jar with the correct judge's name. You can empty out the contents of your old jar, clean the glass and recycle it for your new spell.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:08 pm

This is for ultraldc:

Please read this thread from page one and you will see us tell folks over and over that this whole "[honey jars] take a long time to work, sometimes up to a year, keep at it, etc etc etc." meme, which you described very well, is not exactly true.

They LAST a long time, because honey never spoils, but there is no inherent reason they should be slower to start than other spells. Additionally, sugar jars, which are also sweetening spells, are rarely, if ever, called "slow" but honey jars are, which makes no sense. The truth is that any spell can work quickly or slowly, depending on the situation.

I am not saying that everyone who says "honey jars are slow" is wrong, but in the past decade, i have certainly seen this meme misused by unscrupulous workers to soothe restless clients and keep them on the hook. When clients tell me they have been waiting on a honey jar to work for a year or two or three, i tell them to set a time limit on their work, and work within that time-frame.
catherine yronwode

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”