Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
ultraldc
Newly Registered
Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by ultraldc » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:54 pm

How interesting! Thanks, always, for clearing up "myths." Okay, that settles it for me. Thank you, again. Can't wait to hear from the Rev. about this mirror work back on the other topic forum. Good feeling on that one!!

significant

Unread post by significant » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:20 am

Hello guys..
I have few question about honey jar... I have read most of this topic, but again I have some doubts..
So... l have no problem in my relationship and I want it to stay like that...so l want to make honey jar and want to be ongoing work and holding it at my altar for years as Miss Cat. .l have lots of his personals (hair,semen on tissue,blood on tissue,handwriting,photos..)..l will make petition paper with herbs, and put on it,our pics(with names and DOB's) "glued" with honey (and between is our tied hair,mine and his finger blood on tisue,his semen and mine juices-l think is enough of personals,lol).. l know how to make jar also learned here (eat some of honey,state demand etc...)..and l want to accent that later l dont want to use honey from jar for cooking,or serve him to eat.. so my question is ..

1.) Can l put some love draving LM oils and powders at petition paper,or in the middle of our phottos ?!( ok l will put oil and powder later on candle) but also l want put it at petition paper so is that traditionally acceptable ?!?

2. ) About inscribing candle.. I have some attitude about it...if I'm attracting something to me I will write from bottom to the top .. and if I take something away from myself, then from top to bottom...also see that on youtube on Madame Pamita channel (from bottom to top)..but then here l read JayDee's post which said to inscribe top to bottom.

And few pages before that Miss Aida says to inscribe it from bottom to top.

So l am in doubt... uhh

And last question (doubt)
-in most cases l will burn 4" red or pink candles...or tea lights so l have no room for extensive writing.. what should l inscribe ?!... our names,or his name with petition(as JayDee suggested) or only petition (as Miss Aida suggest )?!?!.

...also l am confused,when l will inscribing in spiral fashion i don't know in what way l need to write or rotate candle (ugh l know that in clockwise direction but don't understand will l rotate candle in clockwise or will write in clockwise direction... lol,l don't know how to explaine or describe what l mean but l hope you understand me)..
...maybe I figure it out too much but just want to know right way to do this..and most important for me - it is from top or from bottom ?!?!

I apologize for a long post but I want to doing this for next few years and I want to do it correctly, traditionally acceptable .
Tnx in advance..

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:30 am

1. Yes you can put the oils, powders and roots into the paper then tie it up like a pastry box so it does not open. Then you can use it to cook with.

2. People carve candles in different ways. One author discusses to carve candles like a magnet from outside to inside to draw, from inside to out to repeal. Carve bottom to top.

2b. Either method is ok, you can carve the names, you can carve the petition, you can carve the petition and the names. It is two suggestions doing the same thing. You will see both used in hoodoo and neither is right or wrong. I always carve mine with name petition if you carve it tight enough meaning the loops around the candle are very close together then you can carve the petition and name many times on a candle. The wider the writing the less times you will fit it. Here is an example of how I would carve a candle: Jane Doe come to me and love me now Jane Doe come to me and love me now..etc

3. English writing by the nature of our style is to write in clockwise direction, the writing moves left to right. Going counter-clockwise is used in reversing work when you carve the names backwards into the wax to send them or the work on you away. You would start at the bottom of your candle and carve the name, petition or whatever you decide to do around the candle moving from left to right around the candle till you reach the tip.

Here is Miss Cats free information on how to work with and prepare candles: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

significant

Unread post by significant » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:49 am

Thank you JayDee for this detailed explanation and crystallization of things that was not 100% clear to me..thank you from the bottom of my heart..

cappygirl11

My honey jar was seen

Unread post by cappygirl11 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:12 am

I had a lit candle on my honeyjar and suddenly my brother walked into the room and saw it. He though it was a candle to saint expedite and walked out. What do i do now?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:26 am

cappygril11,

There is not rule that a candle, honey jar, etc can not be seen by other people. In fact the actual practice of using honey jar and sugar jars is that many are left in plain sight in the kitchen and used frequently on those in the home. Mojos cannot be seen or touched by other people otherwise it can kill them. What you should do now is not freak out, the jar and the work is fine and keep on sweetening.

Lucky Mojo info on honey jars: http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html
Book on using food in hoodoo: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoofood.html
Book on honey jars and sweetener spells: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoohoneyandsugarspells.html

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:30 am

Hi significant,

I had to edit your post to remove your volume of emojis as they are distracting and eat up band width for the forum. Please do not post in such a fashion moving forward. Also please do not post quoted text, just summarize what others have said if you are referencing it.

As for carving candles bottom to top or top to bottom, it depends entirely on the goal of the spell vs. an individual preference of the practitioner. If you are working to draw something/someone toward you, carve from the bottom up. If you are trying to get rid of something/someone, then carve from the top to the bottom.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Administrator

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:38 am

Hi cappygril11,

Unless your brother physically disturbed your candle, you should be fine. You said he thought it was for St Expedite so he obviously has some knowledge of hoodoo and your work, so I would not worry as he didn't interfere with what you were doing.

Mojos are where we should take care that they are not seen or touched by others. This includes the nation sack.

cappygirl11

Unread post by cappygirl11 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:44 am

Thank you Jaydee and Miss Athena.

I have various Saint Expedite statues all over the house and although they see him, they assume its just a saint.

I was really worried i would have to restart my honeyjar. Im so glad it is fine.

Strangely enough the candle wick i used today burnt through layers of old wax build up.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:16 am

cappygirl11,

Sounds like a good sign to me. You can read about wax reading, and candles on these links provided by Miss Cat: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

lolitabd

Unread post by lolitabd » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:26 pm

My most recent honey jar had started making movements within a week, they definitely can work fast, sometimes when I change up the candle colour and oil to get contact from them it works within hours, definitely not something I would consider slow moving. I've done candle work where some have worked slow and some have worked fast. I think in the end its all about divine timing and waiting for other factors to fall into place first.

nino_x3

Unread post by nino_x3 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:53 pm

Hey I recently burned a white chime candle on a love jar and the wax results from this past Friday looked like a heart but I was told it looked like a bunny I was told it means fertility of body or money but I believe it's leaning towards fertility of body because it's love work and starting a new relationship my question is does this mean a baby is due for us I want to more to the meaning

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:37 pm

nino_x3,

We do not do candle wax readings on the forum. If you want to consult a reader you can send it to an AIRR reader to get interpretation: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... ootworkers

You can learn more about candle wax and readings here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

A tea reading book would help with interpreting your own signs in the wax.

I personally see a bunny as fertility, but if you seen a heart then go with your gut, signs are personal to the person.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:12 pm

Hi everyone,

So I've been using my honey jar a few months now, burning candles and praying Monday-Wednesday-Friday. It's for a friendship. And while the friendship remains great as it was, it feels a bit stuck as I'm awaiting things from him. The last big progress was beginning of December and I attribute it to the jar and my Mojo Hand.

I use a star candle holder with my 4'' candles on top of the jar. There never seemed to be any wax building up or drips or anything. Until not long ago it was dripping from 3 sides. When I picked up the jar in the end to place it in my drawer, the wax drips broke so I cleaned all the residue and put the jar back in the drawer. Things have been great since... there was nothing again for a while until last week, I had another drip, just a small one this time. Once again it broke as I placed it away so I cleaned all other residue. Nothing seemed to be on top of the jar at all - except I realised I was wrong, there was a very very thin layer of wax that kept the candle holder stuck to the jar. I had another drip last week, this time facing me so it felt like tears, and then one today, facing the back of it so I took it as a good thing.

That said, I had the urge to clean the jar completely of wax. Using matches, to clean the top of the jar of the thin layer of residue too. Is that okay? In a way it feels to me like removing blockages but I don't know if it's done and couldn't find anything here..

Thank you and blessings

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:29 pm

Hi aniviel,

You could clean the jar of wax if you want. It's not uncommon, especially if you use the honey for cooking.

As for removing blockages by burning wax residue with a match, that's not how blockages are removed. That's just doing a little light housekeeping on your jar.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:54 pm

Brilliant thank you Miss Athena.
I'll clean the wax residue with a couple of matches then. I don't use the honey so I haven't actually opened the jar since making it, but a bit curious to have a look in now. I noticed it started crystalising (it's getting very cold here).
Many thanks.

Fawd2019

Unread post by Fawd2019 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:02 am

Hi hope everyone is having a good day. I have a few questions that I really need help answering

1. My lover returned but then left again because I was moving too fast (1st time having work done)
2. When you contact lover during love work, what does it do exactly? Sometimes she can be so sweet next she can be so cold and distant.
3. Is it best to just stop contact and let her contact me?
4. When having work done to separate two people is it normal to still see them together? But the other person is posting things on Facebook about breakups and things of that nature.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:49 am

Hi Fawd2019,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum! We are happy to see you here.

You are posting in the thread about honey jars, am I'm not sure if your first two questions have to do with that subject. That said, I'll answer all four:

1. It's possible that it was a result of your work or just a random thing. You might want to get a reading to determine what is happening with her. You can find reputable readers here:
www.readersandrootworkers.org/
www.hoodoopsychics.com

2. It's impossible to tell you what the result of your contact with her would be while your work is ongoing. Everyone reacts differently to spiritual energy, and it's not uncommon that targets will run hot and cold. Again, a reading will shed some clarity on your situation.

3. We can't advise you either way as we don't know what's really happening. Consult a reader who can also advise you on a course of action to take.

4. Yes it is normal. People behave in whatever way makes sense to them at any given moment, and that doesn't always align with your idea of how that should look. Trust in your work and keep it up.

In the future, please post your questions in the relevant sub-topics on this forum. We have nearly every situation covered so you're likely to find just the right spot to post your questions.

Fawd2019

Unread post by Fawd2019 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:38 pm

Yes thank you for the response I actually do have a honey jar working for about 3 months.. but I was advised from my rootworker not to light any candles on top of it.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:19 pm

Fawd2019 ,

A honey jar does not require a candle on top, it is actually a combination of a container spell and a candle spell which goes very well together. Consult your worker if that combination would be helpful or not.

Generally you want to keep communication open so they can reach out to you.

Miss Athena answered it very well we cant really say what it looks like because it is different for each person and the needs of that situation, this is why we often suggest readings. http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... ootworkers

I think you may be seeing "movement" but not "Manifestation" of your work. Here is a forum topic on them: signs-movement-completion-of-spells-que ... t6436.html

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:00 am

Hi again everyone,

I've been reading more here and saw someone said what worked well for them is alternating between candle colours and intentions.
So I wondered how I could use that with my intentions, as they're to make someone who's a close friend already, into a best friend. To be invited to his home, meet his family, and have closer communication - as best friends.

I do find myself praying for all of that at once, and I use Attraction and Mercury, occasionally Zodiac oils too (mine and his). I alternate yellow, white and pink candles.
Is there a way for me to make this more precise? Should I do so? I currently do this Mon / Wed / Fri. I try to do it at sunrise but sometimes I don't wake up as I do it during evening.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:48 am

aniviel,

You can alternate candles such as light blue and white or yellow. You can also work on the wording of the petition and make it clear and concise and work towards that. I know people who also burn candles around the jar in a circle or a triangle to influence the work, such a your case you may dress one with attraction, one with come to me oil, one with blessing oil. Keep burning the days you are it is the proper days to burn the candles. You can also add a road opener candle to the triangle mentioned to open the roads leading to friendship.

When working the jar you can call on his spirit by name, then call on the spirt of true friendship and ask to
bind you to together in friendship.

Cloves are traditional in making friends. You can powder it and sprinkle it on the candle when you burn it.

Blessing oil: http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-blessing.html
Come to me oil: http://www.luckymojo.com/cometome.html
Road Opener: http://www.luckymojo.com/roadopener.html
Cloves:http://www.herbmagic.com/cloves-whole.html

Here is a book lucky mojo carries that covers the topic of using candles in shapes, moving them in great details:
Cats book art of candle magic: http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html
Henry Gemache Candle burning: THE MASTER BOOK OF CANDLE BURNING
by Henri Gamache

Deacon Millet also wrote a great book on honey jars/sweetener spells: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoohoneyandsugarspells.html

Bible versus to use: Proverbs 17:17- A true friend loves at all times, Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 - two are better then one and how friendship helps one another, Job 29:4-6- the blessings of friendship, 1 Samuel 18: 1-3- soul of jonathan knit to the soul of david, John 15:12-15- God calls us love, You are my friend if you do what I call you to do.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:30 am

Thank you again JayDee

I always recite Psalm 23 because I know it by heart but I will try the others. I'll also definitely light candles in a triangle once I get my LM order with more. And I think I have Blessing and possibly (not likely though) Road Opener oil already (not Come to Me though). I may have to do one with Blessing, one with Attraction and one with Mercury. To be fair I do think the road is very open with this friendship. He's extremely expressive and has been pretty much saying all of this himself. Just occasionally acts hot and cold, and I get paranoid, though I know he is a busy and emotional man (and I've actually directly spoke to him about this before, and we've been very honest and open with each other. It is really a blessing and I thank the spirits for bringing him into my life).
I'll have to work with what I have because I'm currently waiting on an order and they take a very long time to get here and cost a lot of money (shipping and taxes).

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:43 am

Hi aniviel,

It sounds like you have a good plan and a smooth road to enhancing your relationship with your friend. Attraction + Mercury is a good blend to encourage deeper communication between you. If you want to become confidants for each other, as best friends often are, then this is a good choice to get you there.

I wish you the best of luck.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:29 pm

Perfect, thank you.
He's been very cold with me on social media these last few days (unlike mutual friends of ours)... and I know I can go to him and talk to him about it, as I have before, but I always did before and I know I'm just paranoid. I don't think he realises he's doing it because he's not comparing me and other friends of his - I do in my head though. It's all to do with his own life and whatever he's doing through at that moment and I just need to learn to let it slide. The work has been of great help to me so far, especially when we meet in person, so it's good to learn things to add more spark to it.

HearthHoodoo
Newly Registered

Unread post by HearthHoodoo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:35 am

I have a team that is currently struggling to be cohesive and cooperative. How do I help them focus on TEAM instead of selfish pursuits that are costing us valuable time and money as a team to try to fix? I was thinking of using a honey jar but am open to suggestions

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:52 am

Hello HearthHoodoo

And welcome to our community. We are really excited to have you.

I see that you are new here. I have moved your post to its correct forum. We kindly ask that you do not create new topics as the forum is strategically organized. Instead take a moment to read our guidelines for newbies and feel free to explore. forum-guidelines-for-newbies-forum-soci ... tml#p48915

To answer your question, I think that a honey jar is a great idea for this. Its simple enough and straight forward. I would place all the names of the team members on one side of the petition paper you will want to prepare and something to the effect of, "May you all work together in perfect unity and perfect love" on the other. Anoint the for corners and the center of the petition with Peaceful Home Oil (because this is for a family and teams are, indeed, family) and Crown of Success Oil and place crushed/powdered/grinded clove in the side where the names are and fold up the paper and place inside your jar. Burn Pink candles upon it and you should see some results sooner or later.

For your convenience, I have added the link to purchase the items I mentioned. Good luck!

http://www.herbmagic.com/cloves-whole.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-peaceful-home.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-crown-of-success.html
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:41 pm

I probably shouldn't have spoken. Things have gone 180 between my friend and I really quickly. I've had a horrid couple of days, and he's been cold and distant, when in past when he saw I'm unhappy he was always there... and an outcome I was praying for, which was suggested by him 2 months ago (and the suggestion came after I was praying for it so I thought I had a success) - has been overturned because suddenly he took it back. I've expressed sincere disappointment and he said it'll still happen, just not yet, and I'm just worried we're falling apart. I don't think he knows how much this offer he made means to me.
As said before, I can only use LM products I have already because anything else would take months to arrive here.
I've been working on my honey jar this Monday and Wednesday but I woke up so emotionally in pain today that I didn't work on it today. I wonder if I should do so before the day ends? Or, if you can't control your sadness, should you be working on a honey jar? Or best to put it aside until you're more balanced?

I did message him a bit of a cry out but not a thorough, honest one as before because he's got a very busy week ahead. He's always been supportive and understanding when I poured my heart out and I'm sure he would be now too, but I wrote to him that although I'm hurting I know I shouldn't dump anything on him at this moment and I hope I'll be able to consult him in the week after the current one. Unless he's completely changed on me, as long as he allows me to do that I will tell him how I'm hurting about our friendship too, and how important his offer is to me, amongst other things. I've never been dishonest with him, even when it comes to us.

I don't have Blockbuster or a Road Opener at home. What I do have other than the Attraction and Mercury and two Zodiacs (Sag and Leo) oils I've been using are:- Healing oil, Blessing oil, Magnet, Master, Good Luck, Fast Luck... I don't know if any of them fit the bill.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:30 pm

To add now, I need to mention he's replied and said I've noticed he's distant (I didn't mention it), and that he's going through things too but he'll be there for me later.
Is there anything I can do perhaps with the Healing oil to help him from afar as well? With the honey jar?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:45 pm

Hi aniviel,

Personally, I don't approach a honey jar if I'm in an off mood. I save the work until I feel more emotionally balanced, so it might be a good idea for you to wait for that time as well.

You have Magnet and Fast Luck oil, so I would dress a candle in them and burn it on your jar. That can help to draw him back to you sooner rather than later. He did mention that he is going through some things, so your idea of working with Healing on him is a nice one. You can dress a white candle in that and burn it on his photo.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:41 pm

Thank you Miss Athena.

I'll continue on Monday then if I feel better. Knowing he's not doing well puts things in perspective for me and at least now I know, though I want to help so I'll do what I can.
So I should burn the white candle with Healing Oil, on a picture, not on top of the honey jar, right? Can I also have a pink candle on the honey jar with Magnet & Fast Luck and/or with Attraction & Mercury (the combination I've been mainly using so far. I've actually not yet used the Magnet Oil at all!), at the same time as the white with Healing Oil?

I want to draw him as a best friend, as well as hopefully bring back the offer he made me which was turned yesterday... It's just an invite I've been really looking forward to and him taking it back (with reasons he told me, of course, unrelated to me. I'd like to believe he'd have told me if it was something I'd done). So these are the things I want to work on.

RevJames
Forum Moderator

Unread post by RevJames » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:47 am

Aniviel -

I'm not miss Athena, but from her post I would say you are correct, that you are not burning the candle on his photo, on the honey jar. This is a separate work.

A pink candle with the oils on the honey jar is a good idea for attraction work. Yes you can work your honey jar at the same time the white healing candle work is burning.

I hope you and your friend work things out!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148G

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:13 am

Hi aniviel,

I agree with RevJames' advice, except I did mean for you to burn the Healing candle on his photo, not the honey jar.

You said he's going through a few things that are distracting him, and you want to help him through that. Burn the Healing candle on his photo, since your goal is to heal him from whatever is troubling him.

Burn the other candle on your honey jar, as that is for drawing him back into a relationship with you. And RevJames is correct, you can work both of these candles at the same time.

I hope this clears up any confusion. Good luck, do keep us posted on how it all turns out for you.

RevJames
Forum Moderator

Unread post by RevJames » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:34 am

I suppose I could have worded that a bit different, That is what I meant, meaning to burn the white candle on the photo, not the honey jar vs on the photo, on the honey jar.

Thank you Miss Athena for clearing it up!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148G

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:08 pm

No worries, RevJames! I figured that's what you meant, just wanted to make sure it didn't get confusing for anyone reading this.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:35 pm

Thank you both. You're wonderful :)

I also ordered a Road Opener from MISC, but actually just after talking to them about it, he sent me a message. So I think things are already turning around.

Blessings

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi aniviel,

Excellent, keep up your work until you get the results you want.

You're on the right track!

EndlessSky79

Unread post by EndlessSky79 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:24 pm

Hello All,

I tried a honey jar working for the first time 4 weeks ago and was delighted with the results. It worked *fast* and impressively so.
I was working for clients who had just applied to get approved in a mobile home park. Parks are notoriously difficult to be approved for in this area. I needed to work right away and didn't have a glass jar with metal lid, only a plastic jar with a red flippy lid. However, the red lid spoke to me and the container was originally for nutmeg, so I gave it a try. My method was as written on this page: http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html using a paper petition with the park manager's name written first, and my name crossing his. I then wrote my goal to have my clients approved around our names, all in one line (this was actually the most challenging thing and took me 3 tries to not lift the pen from the paper.). I started the honey jar with a sprinkle of cinnamon (while praying and visualizing), then a dollop of local honey, then a spoonful of white sugar. I repeated this 3 times, adding a tad of nutmeg to the last pinch of cinnamon. I placed the petition as specified on the honey jar page, then screwed the red top back on the plastic container, but left it open, as if to sprinkle the energy liberally. I also sprinkled a ring of cinnamon/nutmeg around the jar for good measure.
My candle had to be burned behind the jar due to the flip lid situation, but it felt right so I didn't sweat it. I dressed the candle with Van Van, Siva Sakti oil, and Ganesha oil.
Parks usually take exactly 14 days which is the time allowed by law to respond to a resident's application. My client was approved in 5 days, which is in park time, like lightning. His application had a few issues that also could have been called out but were totally ignored. Today I disposed of the contents with great thanks as appropriate. Thank you kindly, Catherine Yronwode, and Lucky Mojo team. Honey jar spell for the WIN!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:28 pm

Hi EndlessSky79,

I'm glad that worked out for you, but did you dispose of it or deploy it? These are two different things.

You deploy a container spell to keep that energy working for you. You dispose of spell remains when you've either made a mistake or want to end the spell.

I hope you deployed it, and in the appropriate manner.

EndlessSky79

Unread post by EndlessSky79 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:19 pm

Hi Miss Athena,

Thank you for your well wishes and for your swift responses.

I both disposed and deployed. My goal has been achieved as of last week, so there is no need for further action on the matter. My first instinct was to dispose of the spell, as there is no need for it anymore. After the first part was disposed of into a running stream, my gut told me to deploy the rest in my backyard, which I did. I have no explanation for this aside from it felt right to do. I am absolutely open to all input as I am a newbie on the Hoodoo path.
Blessings and thanks,

EndlessSky1979

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Hi EndlessSky79,

If you deployed the remains in running water, that is the correct thing to do. It keeps the energy of that spell working after you got the results you wanted.

If you "disposed" of anything (as in throwing it in the trash), you are indicating that the work was trash. That is the difference.

Don't throw spell remains away after a successful outcome. Deploy them instead to ensure your success will continue.

As for deploying remains in your backyard, you do that to keep something with you. Since you worked this for a client, you want the results to stay with them. You are just an intermediary.
If I buried the remains of every spell I conducted for clients in my back yard, there would be no room for anything else.

I hope this makes sense, and I hope you rely more on traditional hoodoo practice than on any shortcut your "gut" is telling you. We all have instincts, and in many cases they are correct. But we are practicing a traditional form of folk magic here and we should stick with traditional instructions.

I hope this helps. Glad to know you had success for your client.

Fawd2019

Unread post by Fawd2019 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:31 am

Hello all!!

Me and my lover spoke Friday and she was really nice asked when we were going to see each other said she missed me too and things of that nature.. But when I texted her on Saturday she never responded.. 😩.. It’s going on 4 months since I’ve had my honey jar and idk what else to do.. I know that she is still messing around with her ex but I don’t say anything about it at all.. it’s just so hard to have faith during these times..

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi Fawd2019,

Well that is wonderful movement! She's talking to you affectionately and misses you. Trust in what she's saying.

It's only been a day since you texted her so give her time to respond. I also don't think you should consume your energy by worrying about her ex. She misses YOU, and that is what you should focus on.

Meanwhile, I believe you said elsewhere that you have a rootworker working with you so I would consult that person for next steps. We don't want to interfere with their prescription for you. You're getting good results so far, so take it to the next step with whatever your rootworker advises you to do.

I'm so happy for you and look forward to hearing about your next success with her!

Fawd2019

Unread post by Fawd2019 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:02 pm

Thank you for the response and well wishes!! & Yes I do have a rootworker he’s told me exactly what to do but I don’t like to go to him everyday with little questions that’s why I come here lol.. I’m still fairly new & don’t understand how this works.. I overthink it sometimes.. and my patience sometimes is short..

Fawd2019

Unread post by Fawd2019 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:04 pm

Idk why but I thought honey jars were supposed to work in 3 months but now that’s it’s going on 4, that’s what makes me nervous I guess or the fact that the “Ex” is still around.. I’m sorry that I ask these questions I just really don’t know much.. I really thought it worked like super quick..

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi Fwd2019,

Like all other spellwork, honey jars may work quickly, slowly or not at all. It's up to Spirit to decide these matters.

Keep up with your work because you are already getting results based on her attitude towards you. Doubting yourself will only undermine your success.

If your rootworker has prescribed a course of action, follow it and don't be afraid to ask questions. I always answer my clients' questions if they are unsure about how to do something I prescribe, and your rootworker should be no different.

You're on the right track so don't doubt yourself. Good luck!

EndlessSky79

Unread post by EndlessSky79 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:55 pm

Hi Miss Athena,

Thank you for the clarification of definitions between deploy and dispose. One thing I am really liking about Hoodoo is the deployment of ritual remains.

In this case then, the deployment was partly in running water, which was running in the direction of the people in question.

You raise an excellent point about the proper placement for the deployment in my backyard vs. the client's backyard. Point taken, hehehe.

What you are saying definitely makes sense. I appreciate the traditional instructions, they are a large reason why I am here. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:36 am

Following the suggestions I've lit a white candle with Healing Oil on top of a picture (with the star candle holder)
I've also lit a pink candle with Fast Luck and Magnet this time in my recently-cleaned and de-crystalised honey jar. Unfortunately this candle is not from LM (I ran out. Awaiting an order... they take forever to my country), and it's been running wax from the moment I lit it! I'm not taking it as a sign because it's my first time using this candle and it's a bit exaggerated (though subconsciously it makes me doubt the work a little and that bugs me). Shame it's straight after my clean (which was a thin layer of wax after many months).

I also sprinkled Deer's Tongue Leaves around the honey jar for the first time.

I was wondering if I may "recycle" the Leaves for Wednesday? Because I used all I had left from LM!

Finally, wax remains from an oncoming honey jar - deployed or disposed?

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:40 am

Aniviel,

1) Doubting yourself and/or your work, subconsciously or otherwise, is a sure path to failure. Do some prayer and meditation focusing on calming yourself and envisioning your work working for you.

2) I've looked back to see if there were any messages about the type of jar you are doing but I didn't see anything so I'm not entirely sure what the Deer's Tongues Leaves or for and why you'd need to recycle them or what exactly you mean by recycling them.

As a general rule, surrounding a particular working with an herb or powder appropriate to that working is just fine. If it were a free-standing candle for instance and you wanted to use the herb in the exact same way after the candle burned down completely, then yes, you could "recycle" the herb by leaving it exactly in its place and burning another atop the remains of the last candle until you are done with the spell. After you were finished, however, you would not want to recycle the herbs for a different spell.

Since you are working a jar though, this is not feasible because you , generally, will not remove or replace the jar unless something happens to it so the herbs would surround the jar until you have completed your spell and once again, you will want to dispose of the remains (herbs) included ritually. So I believe the only other way you could be speaking of recycling the herbs is by using them for another spell which hopefully you know by now that that is not a good idea.

3) Disposal or Deployment and by means you will do it will depend on the type of work you are doing and the goal which you hope to achieve. Take a look at this page on how to accomplish this: http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Good luck to you.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Thank you, but I'm afraid I don't understand the answer.

I'm doing an Attraction Honey Jar to bring a friend closer - as a best friend (not romantic), including more Communication. I've written quite a few posts here about it so I didn't specify it again, my apologies.

I ended up not doubting the work because when the candle reached the end - it actually melted all the wax away. But then some wax was left on the side and below the jar - I'm not sure if I need to dispose or deploy it. I have read the Laying Tricks page and I'm still unsure.

I also surrounded the jar with Deer's Tongue Leaves yesterday. The honey jar still at the centre of it and I believe I can leave it there until Wednesday morning. Is it okay to reuse those same leaves (only for the honey jar. No other rituals) when I light a candle on the honey jar again? At least until I must move them? (which will be later on Wednesday)

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:44 pm

Hi aniviel,

Yes, you can leave the Deer's Tongue where it is and continue working with it as you continue lighting candles on your jar.

I would leave the wax there as every subsequent burn can change their shape, to give you more signs for you to interpret. I generally leave wax where it is unless or until it becomes a hindrance to future candle burns.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:02 pm

Thank you Athena. So when I burn the candle on my honey jar Wednesday morning I'll do it surrounded by the Deer's Tongue Leaves and the wax still there.
However, straight afterwards I'm going to have to put everything away. My honey jar is on a table which is a chest, and Wednesday noon I have a cleaner come in so I hide my honey jar inside the chest. Shall I then dispose of the wax and Deer's Tongue? Or can I place the Leaves on a plate and then reuse on Friday?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:28 pm

Hi aniviel,

You can put everything away, including the wax and herbs, while your cleaner is there. Then resume the work when you're ready.

Good luck.

LittleWitch2020
Newly Registered

Unread post by LittleWitch2020 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:10 pm

Hello everyone
I hope all of you are well.
Question: I started a honey jar. But, the lid is platic. I've covered the lid with aluminum foil.
Will the spell still work, covering the plastic lid with aluminum foil?

BTW... I've bought several books Ms. Cat and other LM graduates have written. I'm getting my glass supplies ready.

I didn't read of plastic lid substitution anywhere in the book(s). I've looked before I asked the question.

Thank you

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:16 pm

LittleWitch2020

I would strongly advise against working with plastic at all. Even though aluminum will absorb most of the heat there is still a chance that it will melt the plastic.
I'd stay away from it. Mason jars come very cheap, I suggest trying those.

LittleWitch2020
Newly Registered

Unread post by LittleWitch2020 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:30 pm

Ok, thanks. Once I open the jar... Will the spell spoil? Can I just pour the contents in the new jar or will I have to add more herbs?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:53 pm

Hi LittleWitch2020,

As you know from reading through the pages in this thread, honey jars can be re-opened. This is usually done to top off the honey, use some in cooking or to add stronger personal concerns as they are collected. It will not end the spell.

Yes, you can pour the contents of your current jar into a new one.

Good luck.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:39 am

Thank you Miss Athena, I shall do that.

I always blow smoke from a Cigar to the candle on top of the honey jar and "talk to him". I do it quite quick because I don't like cigars. Today I blew it so close to the candle that I actually blew the candle out! So I relit with prayer. There was a lot of wax residue again but just like yesterday, it's been burning a long long long time when only the wick was left, cleaning everything...

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:11 pm

aniviel,

Try to puff the smoke to the face not blow it hard, or puff it then wave it in the face of the candle to prevent putting the candle out. Blowing a candle out is like blowing out the magic of the work.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:52 pm

JayDee, I know, I've never blown a candle out before. I just wasn't careful enough this morning with the cigar (to be fair, I'm also sick and the cigar isn't good for that. I should have passed on the cigar this morning). I did however relight the candle and prayed all over again, so I don't think it was all for nought. It's a honey jar so it's an ongoing work anyway, not a one-time ritual.
Something specific I had prayed for actually came to pass later in the day (just now) - of course, I pray for it everytime I work the honey jar, not just today.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”