Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Gaylette Gale
Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by Gaylette Gale » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:28 am

First, Happy New Year to everyone! I hope this is an amazing 2018 for all.

Second, I had a pretty jarring experience last night with, of all things, a simple yellow 4-inch candle dressed with Van Van oil. Recently I have been inspired to return to my hoodoo work, which I had put away a few years ago, and decided to do some simple road opening and blessing work for the new year, as well as a bottle spell for a new job I am hoping for.

My (adult) daughters wanted to join me, so I had organized several items and supplies, including various Lucky Mojo herbs, incenses, sachet powders, oils, etc., on my dining room table, and we were discussing the items' various meanings and uses.

I tend to be fanatical about candle safety, so had even provided large plates for each of us to burn our candles on, in case they fell over, etc. Ironic, as I made the (stupid) mistake of at one point leaning over my candle-- and my shirt caught fire! It turned into a pretty full-on blaze, and my daughters had to rip the shirt off and we soon got it out-- but not before I burned my shoulder (not too seriously, but not too comfortable, either!) and singed my hair. The whole event was pretty traumatic, and left me shaken! (Thank God for my daughters, who were extremely fast-thinking, sweet and comforting throughout!)

Needless to say everyone snuffed out their candles and we abandoned our work for the evening. At this point, I'm not sure if I ever want to light another candle again! I feel like this is some huge sign that I shouldn't be doing this work, which truly makes me sad.

Anyway, not sure if anyone has any insight on what might have happened (other than me being completely careless!)? My daughter thinks I should chalk it up to just that-- a momentary bout of uncharacteristic carelessness-- but I thought I would check with those on this forum, who are so wise about these things!

Thanks so much for any/all thoughts about this--

Best,
Amy

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:30 pm

Hello, Gaylette Gale,

In my honest opinion, this was just a violation of fire safety.

Even with decades of experience of candle work, we must be very careful and assume nothing. always treat fire with respect and caution. There have been times when flames have done some really weird things and it has led me to become even more cautious than I had ever been.

About 2 years ago, I did not put a candle and its holder on a fireproof surface (such as sand, etc). I turned away for just 1/2 hour and returned to a burned altar cloth and burning altar. I had to use a fire extinguisher (and I recommended that ALL spell casters who work with candles have one handy). What was my Spiritual lesson? In my opinion, it was a sign that if I am not more careful, I could have a serious mishap. So, it was actually a blessing in disguise.

I hope that you're OK and pray that you heal fast.

Take care

Gaylette Gale

Unread post by Gaylette Gale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:35 am

Miss Aida, thank you so much for your feedback and kind words! I agree that this has been a very strong reminder of the need for caution when working with candles.

I appreciate your perspective on this, and hope you have a wonderful new year!

hopeandfaith

Unread post by hopeandfaith » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:31 am

What does it mean if a candle sizzles a lot (propably because of the herbs too), burns high and then burns low. Then suddenly a small knot falls down on the base of the candle creating another flame making it melt and then suddenly recombines with the original wick and flame and burns high???

Moonlightdream

Unread post by Moonlightdream » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:49 am

My court case honey jar candle just burned with sizzling sounds and then into two separate flames, which later went back into one big flame, and then quickly another separate flame inside the big flame. Quite a lot of candle wax melt down in different directions from this 4" candle but at the end, somehow the fire burned it all clean, leaving only a small wax remain with an image looking like a ring (which I have my own interpretation what it might mean). And at the end when the fire extinguished, white smoke came up briefly. Should I take this as a good sign? I read that sizzling sounds can mean that spirits are trying to talk to you or work for your intention and that white smoke is a positive sign.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:50 am

Hey folks,

We don't provide candle interpretations on this forum, but you'll find a lot of information on the subject right here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

If you still have questions after that, we recommend you get a reading:

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

Be well.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

alchemyofmagick1206

Unread post by alchemyofmagick1206 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:55 am

Hello all,
I have been researching and researching my question before posting and need some insight. I am currently burning a sweetening candle for my daughter's grandmother, (obviously her dad's mom). I began on the night of Jan. 31st. On the 1st of Feb. and 2nd, there was a heavy amount of wax plastered on what is the right side of the candle (being where the pic and petition is placed), with just a little stuck to the back (a huge glob that traveled that way). Everything I read, said this is a sign of the spell being receptive/projective.

On the 4th day (yesterday), I went in to do my usual routine of prayers and intention to all of my candles, and noticed the wax that was stuck to the side has completely melted down. I mean there is literally like 2 or 3 super tiny specs of wax where the thick layer was, but that thick layer is now nothing. The flame is beautiful and I have been putting loads of energy into this particular candle. I did read http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... tml#signsB, but do not see something like this mentioned.

I have been doing candle magick for years, and have NEVER had this experience before. I am wondering if anyone has had this experience or has any insight into this. It would be most helpful and most appreciated.

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Hello, alchemyofmagick1206

It means: progress

take care

alchemyofmagick1206

Unread post by alchemyofmagick1206 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:07 am

Thank you Miss Aida,
I appreciate your response :)

SAgirl

Unread post by SAgirl » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:27 pm

Hey everyone. So I recently went through a break up on this past Wednesday. On Thursday night I burned a short white pillar candle to see him on Friday for an important event because I didn't know if he would still come. The candle burned quickly through the night almost all the way down cleanly with a strong consistent flame with an almost even puddle of wax around it by the time I was ready to leave home for the event. He showed up. I did do my part in messaging him to still come in the real world as well.

Today I started a reconciliation candle of the same type. It's been burning about 6 hours with a strong consistent flame, clean and pretty even down the middle but at first it was burning more in the direction of where I engraved his name on the candle. It is also burning slower than the previous candle.

Now here comes the weird part. I've never experienced this before. I was feeling really sad about the break up and I started crying so I sat infront of the candle took out my phone and started to draft a message to him all while crying when I looked up and saw the candle was also tearing what looks like two streams of tears down the side of the candle with his name on it plus the flame was slightly stronger. I was so shocked I stopped crying and when I stopped crying the candle stopped tearing. Now there's a puddle of wax on the side and the candle is still burning clean and even.

I'm still in shock and have no idea what this could mean. Is it good, bad, in between, coincidence? It didn't feel like coincidence.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Update: Now the side with his name is melting more than the rest of the candle.

SAgirl

Unread post by SAgirl » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:46 am

Update: So the candle is very slow burning but still with a strong flame and is burning an even tunnel through the middle of the candle.

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Hello SAgirl,

Unfortunately we can not do a reading on the candle wax as this is a professional service offered by the readers at AIRR (www.readersandrootworkers.org). If you look over this thread it will give you an idea of how to go about interpreting your candle burn. You can also check out this info page (http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html).

Peace~

Nathen

Nolagal504

Unread post by Nolagal504 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:11 am

Okay quick question I just lit a red man and woman figure candle free standing. Now the wax has melted down unto a puddle, and in that puddle of wax is a heart shape. What would you say this means? My red alter candles are also melted within that puddle! I wish there was a way I could post a picture!!!

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:22 am

Hello Nolagal504,

I'm going to refer you to natstein's great post directly above yours:

candle-divination-flame-wick-wax-glass- ... ml#p381800

Take care.

scarred37

Unread post by scarred37 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:29 pm

I was doing a bring back my ex, candle spell, and the candles were tied together and finally brought together, and the candle representing me , the glass broke, not to where wax spilled, about maybe an inch above the wax line, i dont know if it means anything or maybe its because the candle wick was very off centered? and i would like to know if i can still use his candle, and try again , or do i have to dispose of both ? and where should i dispose of them? Thank you for any suggestions or help.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:22 am

Hello scarred37,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum. We don't interpret candles burns on this forum, but I'd suggest that you check out this page:

To learn what to do with the remains, check out this page:

http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Take care.

cartks

Unread post by cartks » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:39 am

I was doing a domination spell on 2 people. They are witnesses of my boyfriend court case and the spell was for them to be silenced and confused so they won't be witnesses any longer. Anyhow both their 7 Day candles were black sooted so I am not sure what this means? Can someone tell me the interpretation of this? Will the spell work or no? Do I need to redo it?

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:23 am

Hello cartks,

We don't provide candle interpretations on this forum, but you'll find a lot of information on the subject right here:

Be well.

TheJovialCentaur

Unread post by TheJovialCentaur » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:52 am

Ok,

So i wasn't sure where to post this as I couldn't find a category that seemed to fit so im sorry if this is the wrong place to post it.

I have been practising magik/spell work for many years and this has never happaned before so im unsure of what to make of it.

I decided to combine a few practices mojo bag/honey jat spell to keep a sort of honey jar mojo bag under the bed, we have been trying to convince for some time and have got the go ahead for fertility treatment.

I decided to do some spell work this morning, combined my ingredients (Basil, honey, sugar, corriander, tumeric, hemp oil, some hair, a drop of blood, a crescent moon, a bell pendant, a tigers eye and a jade stone). I put alot more energy into it than usual, I'm not sure why, it was just flowing.

The working went well, lit great, felt good then i accidently blew it out oops. Relit fine, it burnt very fast with a good strong flame, way quicker than anything I am familiar with, I took this as a good sign. But then towards the end the flame parted slightly, not completely, and started twirling and dancing with an absolutely enormous blue flame, and then the glass cracked. I've never had this happen and don't know what to make of it? It was all going so well in the beginning. It then burnt right down with a steady white flame and then extinguished with a vast amount of white smoke (never see smoke before) the smoke lasted for ages and then left behind a black smudge at the top of the glass.

Can anyone help with what this means or what happaned and if there is anything i need to do next?

Thanks for reading.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

X

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:04 am

Hello TheJovialCentaur,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum.

Be well.

revenge

Unread post by revenge » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:27 am

I don’t know if I am posting this in the correct place but I need some help with a reversal I did, can anyone tell me what this reversal wax suggests? I have been doing reversals and they usually burn out clean no wax and take 9 hours but this one burned out in 2 hours with loads of wax, same candle type, I know who is attacking me I was just wondering what the wax suggests they’re up to?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:40 am

Hi, revenge --

You'll notice your images did not come through. This forum is not a free divination service, although many folks wish it were.

I have moved your post to the candle divination thread, where we do discuss the theory and practice of divination and provide pointers, but the only thing we can do here is to help educate you.

For professional candle readings, you can hire someone -- you would send them a photo and an explanation of the work and for a small fee, they would read the candles.

Also, you can learn to do your own candle readings by reading this FREE wen page i wrote:

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

or studying this book i wrote:

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

Luckylady123

Unread post by Luckylady123 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:45 pm

Would the remains of red skull candle for love be subject to the same means of deployment as a red pillar for love? I know the skull influences thought so I was wondering if the same practice applies

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:58 am

Hello Blackcattt0123,

Yes I believe so, since the end result (love) is more or less the same. If you're trying to bring in love, bury these remains near your front door. If you're trying to keep existing love, bury them in your backyard.

You can read more about deploying spell remains here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Take care.

Newbygirl

Unread post by Newbygirl » Fri May 11, 2018 2:36 pm

I have been burning a confusion with a petition for an enemy. Today when i came the candle wick was pulled to the left and there is a black streak on the left side and about 3 inches from the bottom it was cracked and wax spilled out. What does this mean?

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun May 13, 2018 8:54 am

Hello Newbygirl,

I'm sorry but we don't provide candle divinations on this forum. But you can read this page for lots of information:

You could also get a quick reading to find out what it means:

http://hoodoopsychics.com/

Take care.

lolitabd

Unread post by lolitabd » Wed May 30, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi :)

I had an Adam & Eve vigil burned for me for 7 days for me and the person I love and trying to bring back.

I received this as what the wax and remains looked like: Ring- Thin to medium.Glass - Bottom 1/2-Fog roots. Top 1/2- Light film. Animal in pink bunny suit riding big black bird. Owl wearing construction helmet looking out in the future. Dog and raven dancing tango.

Then this line about the divination of it: One may be feeling on the self-protective side, yet teamwork here will be needed for passion to ensue.

Is anyone able to provide a little more information about the wax or what the fog roots for the bottom half of the glass and light film for the top half etc mean? He can't discuss each candle report as he does so many so wouldn't mind if anyone can provide further interpretations to this?

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:28 am

Hello BBBunnyXx,

I'm sorry but we don't provide candle divinations on this forum. But you can read this page for lots of information:

You could also get a quick reading to find out what it means:

Take care.

4Angels

Unread post by 4Angels » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:46 am

Hello!

I have been doing work to separate my wife & I because I feel we are both (unintentionally) holding each other back from becoming our best selves.

I have recently been doing work to bring positivity (confidence, understanding, support & luck) into her life. I set and lit a candle last night. When I woke up, there were 2 wicks burning. Has anyone else had this experience before?

Blessings!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:07 am

4Angels --

Yes, this phenomenon is called "twin flames" -- and depending on whether you are drawing two people together or moving them apart, the meaning varies -- but in each case, it does signify that you have the other person's spiritual attention, as it were.
catherine yronwode

4Angels

Unread post by 4Angels » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:25 am

A very sincere thank you for your time and energy! Blessings!

vigil

Unread post by vigil » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:27 am

Hi Catherine! I completed the spell last week and the wax pool that formed from the candles representing my ex and me formed what appeared to be a baby. However, at the last minute, wax from the intruder crept under the scissors and touched the other wax pool. Do you think this represents something and what course of action would you recommend taking? I've ordered the reconciliation book you recommend. Thanks!

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:01 am

Hello vigil,

We actually do not give candle interpretations on this forum. I think it would be a good idea for you to get a short (10 minute, tops) reading to find out what this means and if you need to do anything. You can find readers here:

Take care

Cindylouwho808

Unread post by Cindylouwho808 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:16 pm

So I am a bit new to trying to read my vigil candle after it's burned. Due to safety reasons, I have to extinguish the candle from time to time. I was taught previously never to blow the candle out, but to smother the flame which I do by using a piece of aluminum foil. My question is, would smothering the flame cause the wax to stick to the sides like it has? I know you don't do divination readings on here, but I would love insight into the popping noise I heard as it went out. I just chalked it up to the herbs burning in the bottom before the candle finished. The vigil candle I used was a fixed Blockbuster candle from LMC. Thanks for any feedback. 🙏

Ernie
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Ernie » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:31 pm

Cindylouwho808 --

Any interference with a straight burn may render a candle unable to be read for divination. In other words, once you choose to do a stop-start burn on a glass-encased vigil light, it would be impossible to read it, because the wax, soot, and smoke effects would be the result of your smothering the flame.

You can read more about this in the book, "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic."
Rev. Ernest, MISC Deacon -- Facebook Fridays! Sweepstakes Admin -- Online Catalogue Team at LMCCo

Cindylouwho808

Unread post by Cindylouwho808 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi Ernie. Thank you so much for your response. It makes total sense. 🙏

SpellsnSuch

Unread post by SpellsnSuch » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:44 am

recently burned some vigils at home purchased from lucky mojo..

Can someone tell me, in general, what does it mean when a vigil glass has burned down and the glass has a waxy residue? filmy residue? la

i have read the page on the lucky mojo site about candle divinations, but it only mentions sooty marks and cracks... not a waxy residue or filmy residue..

thank you

j82

Unread post by j82 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:21 am

spellsnsuch,

I would see that as the work is not finished as its not a clean burn, it has a film over like its cloudy so not able to see the work through at this time. the wax distorts the look into the glass.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:44 am

I think that's a good point, j82.

aurorua

Unread post by aurorua » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Hey all...I purchased a candle burn with deacon millet and received the burn report but have no clue what it means..was hopeful someone could help..
It was a reconciliation 7 day candle.
Thanks bunches!!
The report was as follows

Ring- thin glass- Bottom 2 inches clear. The rest fog. Paychy at lip.
Goat carrying other goats on head. Door opening. Off road vehicle.
===A sacrifice may weight on ones mind here, yet an indication of an opportunity presenting itself.

j82

Unread post by j82 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:10 pm

aurorua,

Best thing to do is email Deacon and ask for clarity that you do not understand the report. Without knowing the purpose of the candle, the oil, herbs or anything, we would be shooting in the dark to help you understand. Besides he burned it for you, I ams sure he can help explain it. Try and look at your petition from the candle and how it relates to this candle.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:51 am

Hello aurorua,

I agree with j82, you need to contact Deacon Millett if you don't understand your report.

Take care.

f4259btk

Unread post by f4259btk » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Can anyone help interpret a candle wick that is burning in the shape of a number 9? Or a capitol "D"? The flame is more blue than yellow.

It is a Santa Marta Dominadora candle burning along with a St Jude and a San Miguel standing around a honey jar. I am asking for a lover to return.

j82

Unread post by j82 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:35 pm

f4259btk,

We don't do candle interpretations on the forum, AIRR readers can do that for you, or have a candle set by Lucky Mojo and they will send a report. Lucky Mojo does have some great resources to assist you, some free on the site others for purchase and well worth it if you are interested in candle interpretations.

A guideline for you is to think about the signs you are seeing and how they relate to the work, example is the number 9 important at all? Related to anything? Or is the letter D related, example of the name of the person starts with a D it would be a good sign to me. Look at the signs as they related to the petition you wrote for the candle that is burning. Here are some links to assist you:

Great book to purchase: http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html

The Black Folder also has candle reading info: http://www.luckymojo.com/blackfolder.html

Book on reconciliation work: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooreturnan ... pells.html

Book on using candles with Psalms: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

Book on using novena candles and 7 day candles, not a link but look it up on the LM site:
THE MAGICAL POWER OF THE SAINTS: EVOCATION AND CANDLE RITUALS
by Reverend Ray T. Malbrough

LM online free source on candles: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:49 pm

That's a cool list, j82, and i am going to list here the FIVE best-selling books on candle magic that we sell in our shop, in order of their popularity. (The fifth one deals with more topics than candle work, and it is useful for teaching those other concepts as well, but i include it here as it is famous as the first book ever published that described hoodoo candle magic.)

-----
ONE:
-----

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

-----
TWO:
-----

BOO-GRI-MSCB
Master Book of Candle Burning by Henri Gamache
$7.50

-----
THREE:
-----

BOO-GRI-GUID
The Guiding Light to Power and Success, by Mikhail Strabo
$6.95

-----
FOUR:
-----

BOO-GRI-MCCD
The Magic Candle by Charmaine Dey
$8.95

-----
FIVE:
-----

BOO-GRI-LIHO
Legends of Incense, Herb, and Oil Magic by Lewis de Claremont, ed. cat yronwode
$9.00

catherine yronwode

f4259btk

Unread post by f4259btk » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Thank you for the reply with so many great resources! I have a lot to learn!

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”