Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
mrslight

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by mrslight » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:59 pm

It worked!!!! I did the honey jar on the 11th and did the candle come to me on the 8th I added my a bit of my blood because I was lead to do that and bam today I had a strong feeling he would reach out and he did :) He messaged and I just replied so we'll see how it all goes :) Just wanted you to know :) Reading the progress of the candle really worked! (also had a road opener going at the same time)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:04 pm

mrslight --

Great news! Thank you for posting.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

aoao85

Unread post by aoao85 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:21 am

Hi Everyone!
I'm looking for a little help in determining the outcome of a candle I recently burnt. I have used a few candles in the past with preset intentions but this time I decided to burn a plain red palm wax candle for love. I wrote my intentions on the glass in permanent marker, dressed the candle with oils and herbs/flowers and may have overloaded it a bit initially. When I prayed, I prayed to god. I burned this off and on with breaks for about a month or two (sometimes I forgot, and for a while, I was out of town) but finished this up this past Saturday. As you can see, a chunk of the glass broke off at the top when I started burning this candle and to my surprise, also at the bottom of the container..but it still stands. Recently things have been going on in my love life that seem like fate, but could also be seen as coincidence...Any help in interpreting this?

(I couldn't upload images here so I hosted them online--links are safe :-)

https://ibb.co/dvS7We
https://ibb.co/eguzcK
https://ibb.co/n44nWe
https://ibb.co/mRFGPz

Thanks in advance!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:42 pm

aoao85,

Broken glass is almost always seen of a bad sign in working with a glass candle. When doing it to break through something such as a road opener it can be read as a good sign, or in work to break people up. In love work it is not a good sign. I would redo the candles. Its hard to read signs in a candle when its burned off and on because when you put it out it creates smoke and will cause the glass to darken. I would redo the work with a new candle, if you can let it burn all the way through. If you cannot then you can burn it like you did and have one set on the alter at the church by LM to back it up while you are not burning yours. Here is some books and links that would be of good interest.

LM glass candles: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html#vigil
Come to me candle and options on purchase/set at the church: http://www.luckymojo.com/candle-come-to-me.html
How to questions on candles including divination signs: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#vigil
Cats book on candle magic: http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

aoao85

Unread post by aoao85 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:41 pm

@Jaydee,

Thank you! I was actually burning other candles at the same time (just got a new job) and this may have been the candles reacting together... so hopefully, that means good things.

Appreciate it

Dreamgrl19

Unread post by Dreamgrl19 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:53 pm

Hello everyone!

Earlier today i lit a 6 inch free standing red candle with a love petition under it. The candle had both our names, a short version of my petition and some oil on it.
It burned away normally until it got about halfway, suddenly the flame got huge and the candle started to burn very very quickly down the center creating a hole and then the outer walls would fold out and melt and fall apart. In a matter of minutes the candle was down to about 1/2 inch aand it calmed down and is now burning normally again.

Ive done a lot of successful candle spells but have never had this happen and although something inside me tells me its positive id like to hear your perspectives on the matter.

How would you interpret this?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:08 pm

Dreamgrl19 --

A fast burn like that means fast action that may not last.

For more signs from burning candles, see this free web page i wrote as part of "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice":

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.hml

or buy this book, for even more information on candle magic and divination by wax and flame:

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

tfree
Newly Registered

Unread post by tfree » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:06 pm

Hello--this is my first post--so hopefully I am following protocol. I burned a Come to Me Candle in hoped to bring the right man in my life. I have an ungodly amount of black soot on the top half of the candle. So much so that it looks like I spray painted it black. the flame danced continuously through out the burn with a high flame. Candle took approximately 4 days to burn. The amount of black soot to me indicates bad mojo--any advice on how I should proceed?

Edward T
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Edward T » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:45 am

Hello tfree.
You will find more about divination from candles on this free web page Miss. Cat wrote as part of "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice".
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
Enjoy your day. Thomas K
HRCC Graduate #1985 --Hoodoo Psychics, Reader, Forum Moderator, Rootworker

mommashae

Unread post by mommashae » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:25 pm

Ase and Blessings!

I have been working with figure candles for quite a while now and never in the years have I ever seen one of my candles (woman) "sprout" a wing. The wax formed a wing off the right side of the back of the woman candle and shortly after burning half way down it went out. There was a strong, steady flame and it went out like it was blown out.

Any suggestions??? It's racking my brain, I've never experienced that before.

Thanks!!!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:43 pm

The woman wants to sprout wings and fly. To interpret that, the reader would need to know the petiton. I will give you three examples:

1) The petition is for a woman whom you wish would leave your man alone. She is sprouting wings and flying away. Good job.

2) The petition is for a woman you love and want to marry. She is sprouting wings and flyig away. Not good at all.

3) The petition is for your socially awkward daughter, to improve her charisma in school. She is sprouting wings and flying. Great work, and she may achieve more personal power soon; but take care that she doesn't fly too high and get burned.

See --? That's why we do not interpret candle burns for folks at this forum. Get a copy of my book on candle magic and -- if you want to speed up your learning, take photos of the candle as it burns or after, and pay a reader for a ten-minute reading on it. You'll learn a lot.

Good luck
catherine yronwode

mommashae

Unread post by mommashae » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:19 am

I see... many ways to read it! I do have a copy of the book, great little altar tool!! Thank you for your feedback! Always appreciated!! ~ Blessings

Graveyardhag

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:48 am

Hi everyone.

I've been burning a come to me glass encased candle for a few days now that started out wonderfully and then went awful in a hurry, throwing out black sooty smoke and has badly sooted up the top half of the glass.

I'm aware of the reasons why and what has happened with this person for these signs to show.

What I am wondering is if you would finish that candle off, let it burn itself out then work on fixing the other issues before trying again. Or end this one early and get to fixing things?

I think I will let it finish - no harm in continuing to send that energy out there but I was curious what others would do in this situation?

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:01 am

Hello Graveyardhag,

I think if this were me, I would let this candle finish burning, then burn a Road Opener candle, then try another Come to Me candle. Just to clear things out first, and then try again.

Take care.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Graveyardhag

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:25 pm

Thank you sister Jean, pretty much my own thoughts as well. Except there is going to need to be much more than a road opener needed I believe!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Graveyardhag,

I would let the candle completely burn out on its own, then read it for the signs left in the glass a swell. You read the signs as it burns and when its done to give an over all. The candle could suddenly turn clear which would indicate obsticles but you will over come them with work and effort. Wax left can leave symbols in the glass detailing the issue needed to be addressed. Road Opener, block buster are both great to open ways, van van, if the person is mad at you add a reconciliation candle as well.

Graveyardhag

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:26 pm

Thanks JayDee. I'd say it will be completely done in a few hours there's maybe half a cm left of wax in the bottom. That soot is creeping further and further down the glass though. Zero wax on the sides however in that sense its a very clean burn.

I honestly probably should have left this one for a few weeks and did others first but I got impatient. That will teach me hey.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:42 pm

Graveyardhag ,
Do you own cats book on art of candle burning? great resource! Also make sure the petition is clear and concise and use scripture in your prayer to assist. Seems it may be a angry person or relationship issue, I would suggest Psalms 23 and 32 together for reconciliation and heal past hurt. I think its great you burned the candle you learned a lesson on signs and intuition. While you work a candle also consider all the work you can do with it to support the work such as a reconciliation candle with a honey jar to sweeten someone. The 7 day candle backs up the work while the jar sweetens them.

Reconciliation book great for any situation friends, family or love: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooreturnan ... pells.html
Honey jar book great for work, friends, family, love or any relationship: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoohoneyandsugarspells.html
Balm of Gilead bud great to bring reconciliation to any relationship: http://www.herbmagic.com/balm-of-gilead.html

Graveyardhag

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:08 pm

The book is on my wishlist :) Along with all the other books lol.
It's a big stupid situation involving someone else having crossed myself and him (yes I've had a reading, yes with an AIRR reader lol) and pushing him onto someone else just to make sure I wouldn't be happy. I've already been advised she isn't going to stop trying anytime soon so I believe that black jar indicates she's definitely doing what she can to stop it.
Honey jar is done, already seeing positive signs with that which is great.
The come to me candle is done now, just the tiniest bit of wax residue left, not even enough to scrape out and bury. But black 3 quarters of the way down.... won't be coming any time soon lol but I knew that already.

I've ordered an uncrossing candle with MISC to back up my own uncrossing work, and am working on protection work etc
so current plan, keep working the honey jar, get rid of the crap she's thrown at me, protect, reverse, blockbuster, get rid of the new woman, and THEN work on bringing him back.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:17 am

Graveyardhag ,

Do you wear, or have you made a fiery wall of protection mojo? They are great to get rid of curses and keep them off. Wearing a cross, dressed with fiery wall oil, I wear a Hand of Miriam (or hasma depending on what you call it) dressed with the oil as well. Placing two photos of you with a piece of hair between them inside two round mirrors, have the reflection part shine outward, dress with reversing oil and wrap in white linen this is good to reflect anything negative sent at you. I dress the oil on my feed limbs, chest back and head. You can buy an oil and mix it with a body wash to use nightly to cleanse as well, this is good for daily use when not taking a spiritual bath. Rue is a great herb to uncross, to break a jinx and to cleanse love jinxes.

Reversing products: http://www.luckymojo.com/products-reversing.html
Fiery wall products: http://www.luckymojo.com/products-fiery ... ction.html
Rue: http://www.herbmagic.com/rue.html

Rose_joy

Unread post by Rose_joy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:27 am

I had a LM hummingbird candle buring since Friday. Then on Monday 8th Oct- night A moth flew in and died inside the candle. I removed it.

However, this has left me wondering. On that morning 8th Oct, was the 1st I had used the “fire wall of protection” oil and this just seemed a bit simbolic of anyone trying to hurt me or my work will burn to ash!!!

Any thought?

Also, a continious run of candles at home...is this recommend?

Freestanding candle for protection, I had used both protection and firey wall of protection oil from LM to dress the candle. This candles is now curling in the back...does this have any meaning?

Graveyardhag

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:49 pm

JayDee,
Currently wearing a seal of Solomon pendant, dressed with a plain protection oil. I have a hasma pendant in my car, and a tea light holder in the shape of one as well. My rootoworker has given me a big protection thing to do as well just waiting for everything to arrive.

I'm getting a second reading before ordering any more products and I need to keep the order small or I'll end up with over $100 in postage costs, and our exchange rate is pretty bad. It's all a bit steep this time of year.
Fiery Wall of protection is a definite yes however! Getting herbs into Australia can be hit and miss too so I wasn't sure if I wanted to try buy the herbs themselves or go for something that is better able to make it through customs.
I have to make what I end up purchasing count so I am researching and really thinking before placing any orders

CuriousIndigo

Unread post by CuriousIndigo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:13 pm

I have two Vigil candles that finished burned but have leftover glitters and plastic money (Bayberry Vigil) in the bittom of the glass. How do I take them out to dispose it before I recycle the glass? Please advise. Thank you.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:00 pm

CuriousIndigo ,

Most people simply recycle the whole thing. Some melt the wax, wipe it out and dispose of the items in the traditional manner. I would recycle it, its what I do.

CuriousIndigo

Unread post by CuriousIndigo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:08 pm

Ok, Thank you. I thought I would have to somehow “dig” them out to properly dispose them, burry them in back yard for example. I don’t want to feel like I “trashed” them as if they’re part of bad work cuz they’re not. I hope I make sense.

CuriousIndigo

Unread post by CuriousIndigo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Oh by the way, what I mean by recycle was in the recycle bin, not by reusing the glass let’s say to put another candle for the same purpose.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:29 am

CuriousIndigo,

I understood your question, some people do carve it out and and dispose of it, others do not, I am one who does not. It is more respectful to God and his creation to recycle the glass and keep the earth clean. I think you are fine with recycling the product.

littlewing

Unread post by littlewing » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:08 am

My uncrossing candle has a confetti star stuck to the glass near the top. I can't find any information on what stuck confetti shapes mean so any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Thank you Saint Expedite, St. Joseph, and St. Jude

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:29 am

littlewing,

We do not interpret candle wax or smoke signs here on the forum, but if you want a reader to do so for a modest fee, you can contact an AIRR member who does this or pay Rev. Ernest at MISC for the service. Whoever does the reading for you will want a photo (or two or three) and a brief description of what life condition the candle was burned for, how it was dressed (with what oils, herbs, powders, etc.), what prayers or petitions were associated with it, and whom it was intended to affect.
catherine yronwode

Keezhig

Unread post by Keezhig » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:25 am

My second candle on a three night love work.

First, due to my traditions I don't always use a candle as my fuel source so I'm more practiced at reading flame and smoke than wax.

Second, I do non coercive love work: opening for reconciliation, a first kiss, they can take it from there on their own. It's not that I'm against some coercion, I just find love lasts longer and is healthier without it. I use some coercion for break ups and all.

Third, in all my years, this is the first time it's for my benefit.

The flame was beautiful. It popped when lit. It was strong all the way through, no smoke (this is common when I do love work even if I use wood as fuel, it's an area I'm gifted in, not that it's ever benefitted me lol. It danced, beautiful colour and halo. At 4 hours, 46 min, the droppings from the wick lit and stood up making two wicks with red embers in one beautiful spiralling flame. That flame melted what was a lovely orchid pattern (we're both women) into a crescent which shrank into nothing, no wax left at all and the second wick went out, instantly re lit, then both wicks extinguished from a tall flame to a small white tendril of smoke at 5 hours, 8 min, meaning the twin lasted 23 min. Flame / smoke wise this is the best I've seen.

Wax wise (like I said less experience) there was tears down the honey jar, ending in nothing or small pools at the back. To the front right was two sets of tears pooling into a feather which lifted up from the plate. I expected tears as this night I was working on healing a past disappointment that had led to a relationship not starting, and I had come to understand it was cuz I never read her advancements as such. So this is like opening for a second chance. But I'm not used to drippings and such with no stub left. Like there is zero wax left on top. I guess it reminds be of a new moon since it went from orchid to crescent to nothing.

I think my insecurities in my own love life is why I'm not just trusting beautiful flame work? But I've not come across anything anywhere about no remain wax/stub.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:38 am

Keezhig --

When setting a light on a honey or sugar jar with a metal lid, there is complete air circulation and it is quite common for the metal of the lid to heat in such a way that even the stub melts and runs.

This is unlike a candle holder, in which lack of air circulation in the holder may lead to a stub being left in the holder.

And that fact, by the way, las led to the old rhyming mnemonic about how lucky it is to burn a candle "to the socket" -- that is, to leave no wax remnant stub in the holder. You will find this in the old British-style spell-rhyme about candle divination. It comes in many variants, but this is the version i learned as a child:

A Bayberry candle that burns to the socket
Brings luck to the home and gold to the pocket

Despite its European cultural origins, this rhyme entered African American hoodoo folk magic long, long ago, and is often recited when lighting bayberry-scented money candles.
catherine yronwode

Keezhig

Unread post by Keezhig » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:31 am

So basically what I read in the flame held to the wax. I had a stub on the same jar on the other night (an orchid).

My biggest weakness is trust when related to myself (in so many aspects in life). Thank you.

And for the most part, I believe that despite the names we all use we're all praying to the same gods, so I'll accept the European explanation. Besides while I'm half Indigenous, my other half is Cajun, so I'm OK with listening to both sides.

littlewing

Unread post by littlewing » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:17 pm

Thanks Miss Cat. I had a reading with Angela that was most helpful.
Thank you Saint Expedite, St. Joseph, and St. Jude

MoonGoddessKat

Unread post by MoonGoddessKat » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:17 pm

So this was my first glass encased vigil candle I have burned in my work before. I was using a return to me candle for a man in my life. I wanted to know your guys' thoughts on the burn.

Day 1, small flame, dancing.
Day 2, small flame, dancing and flickering. Almost going out at times.
Day 3, flame is larger but still on the smaller side, dancing.
Day 4, flame is more calm but still dancing slightly
Day 5 larger flame, still dancing every now and then
Day 6 large flame, ball in wick, flaring/twin flamse at moments before merging back into one flame.
Day 7 large flame, fairly calm.

Every day it was burning, while watching it I lit other candles around it to see if those flames were also dancing like the return to me candle, but they were not. They were completely calm, only the glass encased vigil candle's flame was dancing. Hardly any wax left over. Glass was burning completely clear since day 1 but once the candle went out the first 3 and a half inches on the top of the glass are a little foggy, then clear the rest of the way down. Kind of coincides with the first 3 and a half days the flame was dancing like crazy then calmed down. So am I right to think that things will be slow moving and have some resistance but eventually work out?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:55 pm

MoonGoddessKat 00

That is a typical viewpoint, with a burn as described, Read more sample free divinations are online here at my HTAP web page:

HOW TO READ DIVINATION SIGNS FROM CANDLE-BURNING: CEROMANCY IN HOODOO CANDLE MAGIC
http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

And if your want a deeper grounding, pick up a copy of my book "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic," available right here on this page if you scroll up a few entries.
catherine yronwode

VenusRising777
Newly Registered

Unread post by VenusRising777 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:04 pm

I remember that when I did the reconciliation spell on my ex using an Adam and Eve candle... the male candle burned much more quickly and turned off first. The female candle took a lot longer to burn...

What exactly does this mean?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:22 pm

VenusRising777,

Male was most effected by the work but the results may not be long lasting since it was a quick burn.

Gratitudenlove84
Newly Registered

Unread post by Gratitudenlove84 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:28 pm

Hello all,
I’m working a banishing spell for a certain annoying individual in my life and in all the candles I’ve lit, I’ve never had a fly land in them but this one has one. Is this an omen? Good or bad? Very little wax drippings and a tall steady strong flame.

Thank you!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:42 am

Gratitudenlove84

I would see it as a problem, here is a link where bugs in wax is discussed.
candle-divination-flame-wick-wax-glass- ... -1920.html

Sweethoney

Unread post by Sweethoney » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:42 pm

I wanted to share an interesting experience. A few days ago, I burned a small red votive type candle in a glass bowl with a photo of my love interest and a petition underneath the bowl as it burned. I prayed earnestly before and during. Very uneventful burn, no wax residue, clean and as the sides of the bowl were wide and shallow, no smoke marks either. Only the herbs used on the candle left its remains in a vaguely heart shaped pattern.

By then, I received this glass encased vigil candle fixed for the purposes of attracting the right man. Since I had just had an uneventful candle burn that was satisfactory, I was wondering if I should even burn the vigil candle. It looked pretty so I just decided to use it as I would a normal candle without any specific petition or have my love interest fully in mind when I lit it with a few thoughts about attracting the right man. The flame burned okay initially and then a flower bud on top of the wax caught the flame and was burning in a stationery manner while the actual flame started doing this crazy staccato movement where it almost looked like it was making love to the bud flame! Something to behold. Once the bud flame went out, it was again fairly standard.

Since I could not leave the flame unattended I would put it out in the morning and for 3 nights it burned as usual, but I could see the wick moving closer and closer to the glass. Then sometime yesterday (4th) night, it went out, the glass developed a crack and some wax had seeped out through the crack making a teardrop pattern as it flowed down one side (not good, I know).

The interesting and puzzling part was that the wax that dripped on to the wood underneath the candle had formed a smooth phallic shape.

My interpretation? I should watch out for men pretending to love me but are only just looking for sex! Sorry for the long comment! I hope forums mods will share their thoughts.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:45 am

Hello Sweethoney,

This definitely sounds interesting. We don't do candle divination on this forum though; I advise you to get a reading to check in on the progress of your work. You can get a quick one through Hoodoo Psychics, or there are some readers through AIRR who do 10-minute readings:

http://www.hoodoopsychics.com/
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

Take care.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:38 pm

Hello all,

Apologies in advance for the long-winded message. I've been dealing with a very persistent and evil individual on and off for 4 years. After this person's initial attacks, I was only able to do a major spiritual cleanse, "surgery" I call it!. After the "surgery", I moved on to heal and leave the rest up to Spirit. About a year ago, this person circled back via a shared romantic interest and inflicted more damage. Fortunately, their damage was minor, but it also resurrected the past cruelty. By that point, leaving it up to Spirit was longer the plan.

Because this person was recently forced to leave town due to their evil, my spell work is via distance. I started with the Run Devil Run Spell to make sure they were gone in all ways. Then, I immediately proceeded with a Double Action candle, which burned for 30 hours!! So, shielding, resistance, and possible reversing from this person were clearly issues. Since then, I've simultaneously been working with St. Michael (those candles have been burning well) and burning a few more Double Action candles with slightly faster burns but still slow. Finally, I burned three (all colors) simultaneously in a triangular formation, and the burn times were faster but haven't been clean. I don't know if reading these particular candles is different from reading others because the top portion is directed at the other person and the bottom portion is directed at myself. Does anyone know?

My results have been:
-One candle burned quickly with immediate pooling and "tears" columns during the black portion. During the colored portion, it burned steadily and clean with a high and hot flame. Before it finished, one column fell flat on its side onto the mirror, and the others twisted and turned off to the side (neither of which resembled angel wings). That candle was the first to finish burning by a significant period of time.
-The next candled burned steadily with minor pooling and "tears" columns during the first half of the black portion. There was minor sweating or dripping of black oil (not "tears") down onto the colored portion. Then, it burned steadily with a high and hot flame through the rest of the black and into the colored portion. The tears columns that were initially upright became twisted, turned, and arched back away from the candle as the colored portion continued to burn. Then, a straight flap of wax peeled back and arched away from candle resembling a banana peel. This was the second to finish burning.
-The final candle burned slowly but steadily with a high and hot flame and some sweating or dripping of black oil down onto the colored portion. There were neither pooling nor "tears" with just a small stub of wax remaining.

Any insight would be appreciated, including whether I should re-do the spell or abandon Double Action candles and take a different approach for the intended outcome. Thanks very much.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:38 pm

standswithafist, you will find some good information on "reading" candle burns in The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic in Rootwork, Conjure and Spiritual Church Services, by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo. you can order it here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html

You can also do some divination for yourself on the results of your work and how it has altered your situation, or schedule an appointment with a reputable reader.
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:35 pm

Miss Michaele, Thank you kindly. I've already purchased and studied "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic..." by miss cat, which is why I took to the forum. My intuition is wonky on this one because of so much going. I'll see if I can find a reader well versed in ceromancy, unless anyone else here has input.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:09 pm

standswithafist,

I think you are answering your own question with the candles.
Candle 1: Tears on black part but clear and good burn on green. items fells so unfinished issues. fast burn means may have quick results but not last long. Keep the work up.
I think some of what you are seeing is natural to the candle ie the wax to drip down then burn up. Tears seem to indicate to me since they come from the black portion the work being reversed on to them. I would suggest that you keep the work up. You may not use reversing candles but certainly can, or use glass incased reversing candles. Seems some left over issues to be dealt with still from candle 3 left wax.

The book by cat is great, having candles set by the church is also a great way to back up the work and also get a candle report, or set a candle with an AIRR worker who will send a report with results from the burn as you do your own. As for the question to do again or do new job, that is up to you. I personally would cleanse my house, cleanse me, protect me, do a reversing job on the person, then at the proper moon repeat the work of the candles and see the results.

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:02 am

JayDee,

Thank you very much, again! This is very helpful.

MoonGoddessKat

Unread post by MoonGoddessKat » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:14 pm

I've read through the candle magic divination page on here multiple times, I usually refer back to it if I need to for a burn on a candle. But I couldn't seem to find exactly what I was looking for. This is the cleanest burning glass encased candle I have burned in awhile. No black soot, no haziness. Theres not any wax left in the bottom, just the leftover glitter and herbs. But on the sides of the glass and going down maybe starting 2 inches from the top, there is a bit of wax residue on the whole thing, except for a couple inches on the very bottom as well. It leaves rings and other spots where it was just running down towards the bottom as the candle was burning. It was a red candle, and the spots of wax on the glass are a cloudy color so it isnt enough of the wax to actually make a color out of it. Other than that it was a clean burn. I was wondering if that meant something or if it was just some build up from when I was moving the candle around. (When I would leave for work I would put it in my shower, because my babysitter would blow my candles out before :| , then when I got home I would move it back to my altar). So I did notice since the first couple inches were clean, and so was the bottom, the first day I lit it and then when it finished today, they were days I didn't have to move it to my shower, I could just let it be and burn. So I'm assuming it's just from me messing with it and moving it around but I wanted your guys' opinions as well. I know I've heard from other practitioners that rings could mean time frames as well, but wasnt sure if that applies since I believe it was my doing for any residue. Otherwise I think it would have been a PERFECT burn. Rats!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:57 am

MoonGoddessKat ,

I have noticed candles may leave marks when moved, that is one of the downsides of moving a candle, however its also a necessary for safety. I have read rings as time frames. A streak down the candle can mean something is still holding on which is preventing the complete outcome. Like something was holding on the whole way down the candle. Hard to really tell without a petition, the work etc. Generally wax left is indicating some issue still existing. Keep the work up! In addition to the great page LM has I would order Cats book on candle magic it is an asset to reading candles.

http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html

MoonGoddessKat

Unread post by MoonGoddessKat » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:22 am

Thanks JayDee, I was assuming it was mostly from me moving it, because the two days when I didn't at the beginning and end, it is crystal clear. But it was a Saint Martha candle with the petition being for her to help me get my love interest to start communicating with me again. It burned beautifully, and as I said I think the residue was from me moving it. But even so, those bits of wax and rings and where it is running down the candle that signifies an issue holding on definitely makes sense also in this situation. Thanks for your input!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:01 pm

MoonGoddessKat ,

A little trick I have done with a candle burns almost clean is, I melt the left over wax in the glass. Then take a candle dress it with oil then take the wax as it is soft enough and put it on the new candle. then burn the candle to burn off that left over remaining issue. Best of luck!

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”