Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Keezhig

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by Keezhig » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:31 am

So basically what I read in the flame held to the wax. I had a stub on the same jar on the other night (an orchid).

My biggest weakness is trust when related to myself (in so many aspects in life). Thank you.

And for the most part, I believe that despite the names we all use we're all praying to the same gods, so I'll accept the European explanation. Besides while I'm half Indigenous, my other half is Cajun, so I'm OK with listening to both sides.

littlewing

Unread post by littlewing » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:17 pm

Thanks Miss Cat. I had a reading with Angela that was most helpful.
Thank you Saint Expedite, St. Joseph, and St. Jude

MoonGoddessKat

Unread post by MoonGoddessKat » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:17 pm

So this was my first glass encased vigil candle I have burned in my work before. I was using a return to me candle for a man in my life. I wanted to know your guys' thoughts on the burn.

Day 1, small flame, dancing.
Day 2, small flame, dancing and flickering. Almost going out at times.
Day 3, flame is larger but still on the smaller side, dancing.
Day 4, flame is more calm but still dancing slightly
Day 5 larger flame, still dancing every now and then
Day 6 large flame, ball in wick, flaring/twin flamse at moments before merging back into one flame.
Day 7 large flame, fairly calm.

Every day it was burning, while watching it I lit other candles around it to see if those flames were also dancing like the return to me candle, but they were not. They were completely calm, only the glass encased vigil candle's flame was dancing. Hardly any wax left over. Glass was burning completely clear since day 1 but once the candle went out the first 3 and a half inches on the top of the glass are a little foggy, then clear the rest of the way down. Kind of coincides with the first 3 and a half days the flame was dancing like crazy then calmed down. So am I right to think that things will be slow moving and have some resistance but eventually work out?
Saint Martha, thank you so much for answering me!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:55 pm

MoonGoddessKat 00

That is a typical viewpoint, with a burn as described, Read more sample free divinations are online here at my HTAP web page:

HOW TO READ DIVINATION SIGNS FROM CANDLE-BURNING: CEROMANCY IN HOODOO CANDLE MAGIC
http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

And if your want a deeper grounding, pick up a copy of my book "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic," available right here on this page if you scroll up a few entries.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

VenusRising777
Newly Registered

Unread post by VenusRising777 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:04 pm

I remember that when I did the reconciliation spell on my ex using an Adam and Eve candle... the male candle burned much more quickly and turned off first. The female candle took a lot longer to burn...

What exactly does this mean?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:22 pm

VenusRising777,

Male was most effected by the work but the results may not be long lasting since it was a quick burn.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

terra_rising
HRCC Student

Re: Lesson 49 Divination

Unread post by terra_rising » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:11 pm

Thank you!

I have kept this tab up on my browser for weeks to remind me to study. To stop jumping system to system and just dive deep and become an expert on one. I'm going back to the tarot cards and I'm going through the motions as if I was reading for a client. I dress my hands with Master Key powder and I explain each card out loud as I lay them out. It has been really good keeping me from over thinking the meaning and keeping my mind from making it fit the way I would want. It also identifies cards I stumble on when applying them to a difficult question.

I do love the bone set though! I'm having a great time going on trails and collecting what I find. I found Blue Huron leg bones which are far to long to fit in the set but I might cut them to just have the oddly shaped joint. It has notches where it interlaces with the tarsals and I was thinking it could mean conjunction or joining for change.

Anyway, I took your lessons to heart and I'm going to keep trying.

Terra Brown

Gratitudenlove84
Newly Registered

Unread post by Gratitudenlove84 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:28 pm

Hello all,
I’m working a banishing spell for a certain annoying individual in my life and in all the candles I’ve lit, I’ve never had a fly land in them but this one has one. Is this an omen? Good or bad? Very little wax drippings and a tall steady strong flame.

Thank you!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:42 am

Gratitudenlove84

I would see it as a problem, here is a link where bugs in wax is discussed.
candle-divination-flame-wick-wax-glass- ... -1920.html

Sweethoney

Unread post by Sweethoney » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:42 pm

I wanted to share an interesting experience. A few days ago, I burned a small red votive type candle in a glass bowl with a photo of my love interest and a petition underneath the bowl as it burned. I prayed earnestly before and during. Very uneventful burn, no wax residue, clean and as the sides of the bowl were wide and shallow, no smoke marks either. Only the herbs used on the candle left its remains in a vaguely heart shaped pattern.

By then, I received this glass encased vigil candle fixed for the purposes of attracting the right man. Since I had just had an uneventful candle burn that was satisfactory, I was wondering if I should even burn the vigil candle. It looked pretty so I just decided to use it as I would a normal candle without any specific petition or have my love interest fully in mind when I lit it with a few thoughts about attracting the right man. The flame burned okay initially and then a flower bud on top of the wax caught the flame and was burning in a stationery manner while the actual flame started doing this crazy staccato movement where it almost looked like it was making love to the bud flame! Something to behold. Once the bud flame went out, it was again fairly standard.

Since I could not leave the flame unattended I would put it out in the morning and for 3 nights it burned as usual, but I could see the wick moving closer and closer to the glass. Then sometime yesterday (4th) night, it went out, the glass developed a crack and some wax had seeped out through the crack making a teardrop pattern as it flowed down one side (not good, I know).

The interesting and puzzling part was that the wax that dripped on to the wood underneath the candle had formed a smooth phallic shape.

My interpretation? I should watch out for men pretending to love me but are only just looking for sex! Sorry for the long comment! I hope forums mods will share their thoughts.

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:45 am

Hello Sweethoney,

This definitely sounds interesting. We don't do candle divination on this forum though; I advise you to get a reading to check in on the progress of your work. You can get a quick one through Hoodoo Psychics, or there are some readers through AIRR who do 10-minute readings:

http://www.hoodoopsychics.com/
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

Take care.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:38 pm

Hello all,

Apologies in advance for the long-winded message. I've been dealing with a very persistent and evil individual on and off for 4 years. After this person's initial attacks, I was only able to do a major spiritual cleanse, "surgery" I call it!. After the "surgery", I moved on to heal and leave the rest up to Spirit. About a year ago, this person circled back via a shared romantic interest and inflicted more damage. Fortunately, their damage was minor, but it also resurrected the past cruelty. By that point, leaving it up to Spirit was longer the plan.

Because this person was recently forced to leave town due to their evil, my spell work is via distance. I started with the Run Devil Run Spell to make sure they were gone in all ways. Then, I immediately proceeded with a Double Action candle, which burned for 30 hours!! So, shielding, resistance, and possible reversing from this person were clearly issues. Since then, I've simultaneously been working with St. Michael (those candles have been burning well) and burning a few more Double Action candles with slightly faster burns but still slow. Finally, I burned three (all colors) simultaneously in a triangular formation, and the burn times were faster but haven't been clean. I don't know if reading these particular candles is different from reading others because the top portion is directed at the other person and the bottom portion is directed at myself. Does anyone know?

My results have been:
-One candle burned quickly with immediate pooling and "tears" columns during the black portion. During the colored portion, it burned steadily and clean with a high and hot flame. Before it finished, one column fell flat on its side onto the mirror, and the others twisted and turned off to the side (neither of which resembled angel wings). That candle was the first to finish burning by a significant period of time.
-The next candled burned steadily with minor pooling and "tears" columns during the first half of the black portion. There was minor sweating or dripping of black oil (not "tears") down onto the colored portion. Then, it burned steadily with a high and hot flame through the rest of the black and into the colored portion. The tears columns that were initially upright became twisted, turned, and arched back away from the candle as the colored portion continued to burn. Then, a straight flap of wax peeled back and arched away from candle resembling a banana peel. This was the second to finish burning.
-The final candle burned slowly but steadily with a high and hot flame and some sweating or dripping of black oil down onto the colored portion. There were neither pooling nor "tears" with just a small stub of wax remaining.

Any insight would be appreciated, including whether I should re-do the spell or abandon Double Action candles and take a different approach for the intended outcome. Thanks very much.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:38 pm

standswithafist, you will find some good information on "reading" candle burns in The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic in Rootwork, Conjure and Spiritual Church Services, by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo. you can order it here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html

You can also do some divination for yourself on the results of your work and how it has altered your situation, or schedule an appointment with a reputable reader.
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:35 pm

Miss Michaele, Thank you kindly. I've already purchased and studied "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic..." by miss cat, which is why I took to the forum. My intuition is wonky on this one because of so much going. I'll see if I can find a reader well versed in ceromancy, unless anyone else here has input.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:09 pm

standswithafist,

I think you are answering your own question with the candles.
Candle 1: Tears on black part but clear and good burn on green. items fells so unfinished issues. fast burn means may have quick results but not last long. Keep the work up.
I think some of what you are seeing is natural to the candle ie the wax to drip down then burn up. Tears seem to indicate to me since they come from the black portion the work being reversed on to them. I would suggest that you keep the work up. You may not use reversing candles but certainly can, or use glass incased reversing candles. Seems some left over issues to be dealt with still from candle 3 left wax.

The book by cat is great, having candles set by the church is also a great way to back up the work and also get a candle report, or set a candle with an AIRR worker who will send a report with results from the burn as you do your own. As for the question to do again or do new job, that is up to you. I personally would cleanse my house, cleanse me, protect me, do a reversing job on the person, then at the proper moon repeat the work of the candles and see the results.

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:02 am

JayDee,

Thank you very much, again! This is very helpful.

MoonGoddessKat

Unread post by MoonGoddessKat » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:14 pm

I've read through the candle magic divination page on here multiple times, I usually refer back to it if I need to for a burn on a candle. But I couldn't seem to find exactly what I was looking for. This is the cleanest burning glass encased candle I have burned in awhile. No black soot, no haziness. Theres not any wax left in the bottom, just the leftover glitter and herbs. But on the sides of the glass and going down maybe starting 2 inches from the top, there is a bit of wax residue on the whole thing, except for a couple inches on the very bottom as well. It leaves rings and other spots where it was just running down towards the bottom as the candle was burning. It was a red candle, and the spots of wax on the glass are a cloudy color so it isnt enough of the wax to actually make a color out of it. Other than that it was a clean burn. I was wondering if that meant something or if it was just some build up from when I was moving the candle around. (When I would leave for work I would put it in my shower, because my babysitter would blow my candles out before :| , then when I got home I would move it back to my altar). So I did notice since the first couple inches were clean, and so was the bottom, the first day I lit it and then when it finished today, they were days I didn't have to move it to my shower, I could just let it be and burn. So I'm assuming it's just from me messing with it and moving it around but I wanted your guys' opinions as well. I know I've heard from other practitioners that rings could mean time frames as well, but wasnt sure if that applies since I believe it was my doing for any residue. Otherwise I think it would have been a PERFECT burn. Rats!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:57 am

MoonGoddessKat ,

I have noticed candles may leave marks when moved, that is one of the downsides of moving a candle, however its also a necessary for safety. I have read rings as time frames. A streak down the candle can mean something is still holding on which is preventing the complete outcome. Like something was holding on the whole way down the candle. Hard to really tell without a petition, the work etc. Generally wax left is indicating some issue still existing. Keep the work up! In addition to the great page LM has I would order Cats book on candle magic it is an asset to reading candles.

http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html

MoonGoddessKat

Unread post by MoonGoddessKat » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:22 am

Thanks JayDee, I was assuming it was mostly from me moving it, because the two days when I didn't at the beginning and end, it is crystal clear. But it was a Saint Martha candle with the petition being for her to help me get my love interest to start communicating with me again. It burned beautifully, and as I said I think the residue was from me moving it. But even so, those bits of wax and rings and where it is running down the candle that signifies an issue holding on definitely makes sense also in this situation. Thanks for your input!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:01 pm

MoonGoddessKat ,

A little trick I have done with a candle burns almost clean is, I melt the left over wax in the glass. Then take a candle dress it with oil then take the wax as it is soft enough and put it on the new candle. then burn the candle to burn off that left over remaining issue. Best of luck!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Lesson 49 Divination

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:45 pm

Terra --

So i am not the only one who keeps tabs open on my browser to remind me of things i want ot need to do! LOL!

The heron and other wading birds are interesting symbolically because they are of the air yet fish in the water. See the tarot card of The Star in the RWS deck - an Ibis sitting in a tree!
catherine yronwode

stregheria
Newly Registered

Unread post by stregheria » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:28 pm

I'm hoping you lovely people can offer me some insight about the meaning of an exploding candle. Yesterday I was burning three dressed novena candles in tandem (a road opener, a block buster, and a fast money candle) when I heard a loud pop. I looked up to see that the road opener had exploded. It had broken cleanly in half and sent shattered glass flying. The candle was still burning so I extinguished the flame and noticed a small amount of melted wax had run down the side and pooled on my altar.

I feel like this can't be a positive sign, but I was hoping for some further information about what specifically it could mean. I was burning all three candles with the intention of bringing myself more business/money-making opportunities. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:55 pm

stregheria, I agree: an exploding candle isn't a positive sign. Something as dramatic as that suggests fierce opposition.This might be from a competitor, someone who disapproves of your project ("she should have gone to medical school like I told her to," for instance), or someone who disapproves of you yourself.

If your other candles burn cleanly and manifest good results, the power of your opponent is limited. Still, I would clean your altar physically and cleanse it spiritually. Dispose of the remains in the traditional ritual way -- although I will tell you that the late, great Dr. E recommended the trash baskets that are often installed at urban crossroads.
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

OzarkConjureChoir

Unread post by OzarkConjureChoir » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:21 pm

I would really appreciate some advice from ya'll about my candle for The Just Judge. I used a standard white candle and placed it in a candle holder, I have used this candle holder many many times. I prayed and anointed it, and used it to perform some reversal work on a curse thrown on me by my twin. Ms. Cat confirmed that my twin cursed me during a reading. A symptom of this curse has been three plagues that manifested inside of my home. Yestersay evening I was spraying and cleaning my home to continue the arduous process of removing one of the three plagues my twin sent my way.
I had the feeling that I should perform a banishing ritual against this particular pest, and because it was caused by something my twin did to me I chose to utilize the same Just Judge candle I have used in my reversal conjure to aid in my banishing work yesterday evening.
I walked up to my altar today and found the candle honoring The Just Judge bent like an L at about a 75 degree angle, facing towards where I stand. Truth be told, it spooked me. It doesn't appear as if a heat source caused this, because theres no risidual wax and although my altar is near a south facing window we have snow on the ground right now and has been bitterly cold.

The candles from my banishing yesterday and other items worked perfectly for me, strong burns but a bit of smoke upon initially lighting the black banishing candle. Beyond that I felt good about it!

I take my interactions and appeals to the saints and to Christ very seriously, and needless to say I would love some insight on this. It has deeply disturbed me and I am not quite sure what to make of it. I took photographs and I wish I could post them here.

I appreciate ya'll helping so many folks, and would love to get some advice and insight.
et in Arcadia ego

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:28 pm

OzarkConjureChoir,

A just Judge candle would be used in a court case for the judge to rule fairly when you were falsely accused of a crime. I dont think it was the right candle for the work you are using, unless you burned it simply because of the photo of Christ was on it? If the candle bent towards where you stand at a 75 I would see this as the person is still working on you since the candle turned and bent to you. Relight a new candle and try again and see the results.

landsgenesis2

Unread post by landsgenesis2 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:32 am

Hello All, I've searched and searched to no avail to learn of and discover a thread on divination with coins (and maybe I'm simply ignorant of its proper name--but I have not found one). Not particularly I-Ching either. Can regular US Dollar coins be used as a form of yes/no divination: pennies, dimes, quarters. Must all coins be of the same kind: all dimes, all pennies, etc.. With Obi readings I've read its best to do in front of an altar of the deity one is working with. But I'm wondering, if like the three-split playing card deck, can coins be used so divorced from a different spiritual ecosystem as are the cards a general question to Spirit, that I can pray to Spirit and Ancestors to ensure a reliable result when asking a yes-no question?

If this is the case, would the general interpretation be the same: 4 heads, strong yes. 2 heads 2 tails, absolute yes; so on and so forth. Thank you all for your kindness in replying.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:34 pm

Hi,

The information you want is in the excellent book "Lithomancy" by Jon Saint Germain -- it contains many excellent methods for telling fortunes and getting answers to questions with coins and stones. There is no other book like it and i recommend it very highly;

BOO-DIV-LITH
Lithomancy by Jon Saint Germain
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

LITHOMANCY:

Divination and Spellcraft with Stones, Crystals, and Coins

by Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain

For centuries, stones and crystals have been valued for their pretty colours and inherent magical qualities, and certain gifted individuals have employed them for divination. But unlocking the secrets of Lithomancy has been difficult and obscure, often requiring years of research and frustrating trial and error.

In this book, Jon Saint Germain, "The Voice of the Crystal Silence League," guides you through every aspect of fortune telling with stones and coins, including how to:

* Answer questions with common river rocks
* Cast colourful gemsstone readings
* Divine with the Elder Futhark runes
* Tell the future with Witch Stones
* Use common coins for character analysis

Lithomancy: Divination and Spellcraft with Stones, Crystals, and Coins teaches you how to select your stones, train them for divination, and use them to read for yourself and others. Beginning with simple two and three stone castings, and working up to multiple-stone layouts, you’ll soon gain expertise in this most rewarding method of divination.

Here's what's inside:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Dedication 4
Acknowledgements 4
Introduction 5

PART ONE: READING WITH STONES
Chapter One: The Foundations of Lithomancy 6
Chapter Two: Symbols in the Stones 9
Chapter Three: Preparing Yourself as a Lithomancer 16
Chapter Four: Collecting and Preparing Your Stones 20
Chapter Five: Casting the Stones 23
Chapter Six: Adding Colour 26
Chapter Seven: Direction and Orientation 29
Chapter Eight: Casting Onto a Marked Surface 34
Chapter Nine: Ron Martin Shank’s Crossroads Circle 38
Chapter Ten: Runes and Runecasting 41
Chapter Eleven: The Witches’ Rune-Stones 53
Chapter Twelve: Brian Howard’s Gemstone Reading 63
Chapter Thirteen: The Chakra Stone Reading 66
Chapter Fourteen: Projective Lithomancy 67
Chapter Fifteen: Magic and Spellcraft with Stones 69

PART TWO: READING WITH COINS
Chapter Sixteen: Introduction to Coin Casting 72
Chapter Seventeen: Cat Yronwode’s State Quarter Casting 78
Chapter Eighteen: Richard Webster’s “Success” Coin Cast 85
Chapter Nineteen: The “Grand Tableau” of Coins 87
Chapter Twenty: Magic and Spellcraft with Coins 88

PART THREE: READING WITH ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING
Chapter Twenty-One: The “Horcrux” or “Dollhouse” Reading 90
Chapter Twenty-Two: Mind-Boggling Readings 93
Chapter Twenty-Three: Reading Candy Hearts 94

Conclusion 95
Bibliography 96

First Edition 2018

Published by
The Lucky Mojo Curio Company
6632 Covey Road
Forestville, California 95436
http://www.luckymojo.com
catherine yronwode

landsgenesis2

Unread post by landsgenesis2 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:38 pm

Thank you miss cat! :D

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:49 am

Well - I'm a mess!

I lit an Attraction vigil candle today with sunrise after I finished making a honey jar (for the same person / intent).

I always leave it in my shower when I sleep / go out (I've done that with many vigil candles before)
When I have a shower I move it to another place in the bathroom. And I pray on it once a day.

In any case, I took it out earlier to shower. I was in a bit of a rush and remembered then I need to move it back in before I leave.
The candle fell, spilt but remained lit. I immediately fixed it back up and went on to clean to spill (managed to clean most of it! :lol: )
Only then, my leg knocked the candle over and IT FELL AGAIN! And spilt again. Mess! This time the candle went out. I cleaned what I could, relit it immediately and prayed. Both times the petition fell of the saucer too and I placed it back under the candle.

Now, it's my carelessness I know - Not a good day for me. This doesn't tend to happen.
But is it a sign in any way? Is there anything I should do to make things better? I'm hoping to see that man tomorrow so I'm a bit concerned (but this isn't just for tomorrow - I mention tomorrow when I pray but it's not in the actual petition).

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:09 am

aniviel ,

The fact that you knocked it over not once but twice indicates it is a sign to the work. Either someone is working against what it is you are attracting to you or your dedication, or mistakes will prevent the attraction (indicated by the forgetting and accidental drop twice and break twice)). I would cleanse and start a new one.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:21 pm

Thank you.

I suppose I should allow this one to burn all the way down and see the residue and then cleanse and start again rather than snuff this one out.. it's burning steadily other than spilling it today, and the glass didn't break.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:37 pm

aniviel --

When spell work contains errors, you can remedy the situation and move on, but as errors pile up, your chances for success go down -- like hitting strikes in baseball -- three strikes and you're out.

You are fine to let that candle burn through, but rather than go to what you call a "cleanse," i would rather suggest a reading. You see, a cleansing takes off dirt, messes, and crossed conditions, but it will not cure inherent ambivalence, sloppy work, or careless handling of tools.

Rather, i suggest you get to the root cause -- an attack on you, your own inexperience or gracelessness, or both.

After that, work to remedy the cause -- do a reversing and cleanse yourself, study rootwork and magical activities more deeply, or both.

Then, start over.
catherine yronwode

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Thank you very much Cat,

It is unlike me, I've not done that much work before but I have done it. I don't think it's an attack on me (I had that once before and the vigil actually exploded. A small bit of my shower actually melted), and the person of interest is a very sensitive man whom I'm already close with (and it's not romantic at all) and work I've done regarding him in the past proved very successful very quickly. He seems very receptive of it.
I do think it's due to momentary carelessness. I've fixed a honey jar for him this morning at the same time and that seems to have gone perfectly well. I'm planning a mojo hand too. I've recently had a reading and there wasn't anything negative in there except my own issues -
I do have bipolar disorder and I'm currently working on healing myself too - in fact - he tends to help me quite a bit but it also makes me feel anxious about our friendship because I keep worrying I'm stretching the limits of his patience with me. That in mind, the last couple of days I've been working hard on myself too and finding more time time to heal and meditate. It was rush today that brought on carelessness.

I will await the candle burning through and see how things are going with the mojo hand and honey jar then I'll do a reversing and cleanse.

Also I must say it's been quite a few hours since the incident and the flame is still dancing consistently. All windows are shut cos it's freezing and there's no wind here so a bit strange.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Moving this from the Attraction Vigil Candle thread into the Candle Divination thread.
catherine yronwode

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:06 pm

aniviel ,

You can learn about candle divination here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

Also a book I recommend and use frequently: http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:55 pm

Thank you very much JayDee!

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:31 am

Hello all,

I've been working with double action and reversing candles as well as cleansing and protection around a particular situation for a few months. I've come across my first instance with a solid black (red interior) reversible and was hoping for some wisdom. After studying miss cat's "Hoodoo Candle Magic..." book as well as reading the forum etc., I see that when the wax arcs out to form angel wings that means someone or the situation is being protected by an angel. Personally, I work a lot with both Archangel Michael and my Guardian Angels; however, how do I know if I am the person being guarded or if the person whom I'm reversing the work back to is being guarded? That person is a skilled enough practitioner to know that the work is being sent back.

Thanks in advance.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:26 am

standswithafist --

That is a good question, but as i view it, the answer is somewhat encoded in the intention. If the wings had formed on a white candle dressed for blessing yourself, that would be a guardian for you. However, you are reversing to someone, not protecting from someone. The candle is directed at that person, not at you. Therefore, the wings represent the guardianship granted to the one whom you are attacking, not a guardian of yourself.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:54 pm

Thanks, miss cat. How this person could possibly have anything other than demonic entities guarding them, let alone an angel, escapes my and a bevy of other people's comprehension, but that is another topic.

Oshunbaby
Newly Registered

Unread post by Oshunbaby » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:03 pm

Can anyone tell me what this means. I did a glass candle for Oshun and prayed. At the bottom of the candle the wick burned and fell off piece by piece it looks like bird droppings. The glass was clear though with no smoke.

Amarsi
Re: Love Romance Sex Honey Jar Spell Kit Questions and Answers

Unread post by Amarsi » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:38 pm

Can I reuse a honey jar? I started one maybe a year ago on my bf and i stopped. Its been in my closet since so im wondering can i just start it up again on the same person like just continuing what i was doing last year? Thank you

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Re: Love Romance Sex Honey Jar Spell Kit Questions and Answers

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:19 pm

Amarsi,

This is perfectly okay, so long as the goal is still the same 😊
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

Deliciousdonut

Unread post by Deliciousdonut » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:02 am

JayDee,
Hi let me start off by saying I don’t want someone on here to read any wax puddles for me I know there’s people on here to hire to do that.I did my come to me spell kit yesterday on my boyfriend and the free standing candle burned all over place with crazy looking wax shapes when it finished, then tonight I did my spell for a new guy the free standing candles burned down into beautiful puddle that’s never happened to me before.I I feel things are gonna really work this time , I’m going to get what I want and deserve someone that I can be happy with.

mastersirius678

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:44 am

What can you guys say if I burned a black glass enclosed candle(from LM) in addition to a Bend Over + Boss Fix candle to banish my target's resistance, but the black glass candle has black burned soot marks at the top? But clear at the bottom? I lighted a non-LM black candle this time but in the future, the black candle to banish resistance will be from LM.

I know these signs on normal candles means multiple repeated spells are needed, but if it was a black candle for banishing resistance, does it mean that my target were initially fighting against the black candle but later submitted? No black soot marks at the Bend Over+Boss Fix, and the flames is dancing and a good size. The glitters for Bend Over all formed on the right side of the flame with one of the confetti star, only a little area was occupied. The glitter from Boss Fix all formed on the right side as a crescent moon with 5 confetti stars. All the herbs had sunk into the melted wax. There were glitter at the top of the candle but they were there when I first got the candle. So there are delays and obstacles and known causes before I get what I wished for? Also, I thought I was hearing things but I definitely heard a pop from the candles. A spirit trying to talk to me? The Bend Over candle initially had a very weak flame but it was steady, formed a couple knots but I removed them all with a scissor, putting out the flame in the process but I relighted, I never blew them out. The Boss Fix had a good flame going the entire time. Again, both candles now has a good dancing flame going, not too high, not too weak, the right size.

Only my interpretation, looking for second opinions. These are what I saw so far, the candles haven't finished yet.

mastersirius678

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:57 am

I take what I said above back. After a bit research, my Bend Over and Boss Fix candles have guttering flames and alternating between high and low flame. But they were good burns and not weak flames. My non-LM black candle (a double wick scented candle) had two HUGE guttering flames causing black soot burn on top of the glass all around, now it is two slightly smaller flames but the bottom of the glass is clear.

I know that there is no wind or draft at where my candle were placed. Looks like I might need a reading from AIRR when I have the time and money.

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:39 pm

Hello all,

I have a similar question to the one miss cat was kind enough to answer about solid black (red interior) reversing candles, except this is regarding the bi-colored double action. Unless I'm mistaken the top portion (black) is meant to send back harm that was sent to you, and the bottom half (red, green or white) is mean to bring back what was lost, denied or taken from you. So, if angel wings form on bottom (red, green or white) portion of the candle, does that mean you, rather than your enemy, is being protected or has a guardianship? Or am I missing something about the overall premise behind these candles?

Thanks in advance.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:41 pm

standswithafist ,

The black would burn and return to them while the red returns to you (or the color you are using). If wings are in the red wax it would be a sign to you. Im not miss Cat but that is how I would read it if I was burning the candle. Here is candle burning info: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
Great book on candle burning by Miss Cat: http://www.luckymojo.com/theartofhoodoocandlemagic.html

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:15 pm

Thanks, JayDee. That was my initial thought, but I wanted to run it by y'all after seeing negative signs in a previous solid black reversing candle job.

I love miss cat's book and Gamache's on candle magic, but neither goes into that much detail with reading the signs in these specific candles.

Much obliged for everyhing.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:08 pm

standswithafist ,

Yes it is an art to learn and a lot depends on the candles burn, the wax, the oils and herbs and of course the petition and prayer. Understanding symbols left in was can be helped by using a tea reading book.

LostInThought

Unread post by LostInThought » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:33 am

I know omens can be seen as good or bad to give clues about how your work is going but can they be taken as a guide to help you to change your course or behaviour?

I had an experience with some candles I did recently, which was clearly an omen. I burned two together for the same petition. Candle one was dressed with herbs, placed on a glass dish. Candle two had the petition carved into it and was just dressed with oils.

Candle one burned with a tall flame but very quickly, ending up just a pool of wax with a flame and no wick remaining, at which point the glass cracked and the flame was hard to extinguish. I was meditating at the time and was jolted out of it, the thoughts in my mind at that moment, clear as day and very strange. I knew it meant something and after bit of analysing, I think I know what. My candle was for love and if I'd followed the course that I probably would have as my petition came to fruition, I probably would have messed things up. I didn't see that before but this made me re-think. Interestingly the key was openness and that same message was one that one of your readers gave me recently. It was like a reminder to stick to what I was told.

I allowed the second candle to carry on burning. It was only half way when this happened. It burned well, with a tall, smokeless flame and went out in a small puddle of wax, in a C shape.

So my instincts tell me that although it was a bad sign; a bad sign could just mean I need to rethink my actions or behaviour. Is that right though or am I way off course?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi LostInThought,

It sounds like your instinct is guiding you well. Breaking glass in a love spell is not a good sign, so if you interpret that result as an indication to rethink your direction, then go with that. You can always re-do a spell to see if you get the same result, or new information, so you have that option open to you as well.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Administrator

LostInThought

Unread post by LostInThought » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:13 am

Thank you. I'm just waiting for some new supplied to arrive and then I will re-do it. I guess I just need to learn to trust my instincts with these things.

Mark777

Unread post by Mark777 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:16 am

Hi

Would it be okay to leave love spell remains near my targets house or near a restaurant we use to aleays go to ? Unfortunately burrying it in my yard or a plant is not an option. I was thinking of leaving it at the base of a tree near our favorite restaurant, nesr his home, or on a the side of road i know he will drive through.

Thank you

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:56 am

Mark777,

Yes, those are good options. By the way, what you are asking about is NOT "Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains" -- because "Remains" is meant here in the context of "Divination." The thread you should have posted in -- and which i heartily recommend you click the link for and read through -- is this one:

Disposal of Ritual Remains Questions and Answers
disposal-of-ritual-remains-questions-an ... 10676.html

In addition, that entire thread springs off a web page from my free online book, "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" (HITAP) -- and the relevant basic knowledge is here:

LAYING DOWN TRICKS AND DISPOSING OF RITUAL REMNANTS IN THE HOODOO TRADITION
http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

I have left your post here, however, because folks often use this thread to try to find that information, and ... there it is!

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

WhiteWitch81

Unread post by WhiteWitch81 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:50 am

I lit a pink figural female and a pink figural male for a moving candle spell, plus some Block Buster incense.

At one point, the incense started blowing toward the male figural candle. There were no drafts in the room.

What does this mean?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:14 am

WhiteWitch81 --

When incense blows to one figural candle but not the other, it means that your wish is having an effect on the person who is represented by that candle.

Be aware that you can also, if you wish, deliberately blow or hand-waft the incense smoke toward the candle -- because candle spells, especially moving candle spells, are active as well as passive. That is, we need not merely interpret signs and omens, we may influence the outcome of the work. There is more about that in my book, "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic," and the book may be of interest to you, as it also describes other ways to influence candle burns.

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Mark777

Unread post by Mark777 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 am

Thank you so much Catherine. I'm so glad those are good options. I will leave them near his home and the places we use to enjoy together. Thank you again. ❤❤

WhiteWitch81

Unread post by WhiteWitch81 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Thanks Catherine. What's heartbreaking is on monday, my target started a new relationship with someone else. But I understand spells take a least a month to manifest, and I could always do a breakup spell on them. Which in my case, will be justified.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:19 pm

WhiteWitch81 ,

Spells do not need to take a month to work.This is something many people confuse with watching for movement and signs. A spell can be instant, it can be a few days, it can be a few months. As a worker, I want it soon not later. I work till I see it. After a few weeks if no movement and no signs I would read on the situation and see if its working, if not do something else, if it is kick it up a notch.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:07 pm

JayDee is so right! I have been on the phone with a client, just DESCRIBING a return-to-me or come-back type spell i want my client to perform and the man calls my client WHILE WE ARE TALKING! That's about as instant as it gets! LOL!
catherine yronwode

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”