Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
m_beth13
Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by m_beth13 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:40 am

Last night I was doing some cursing work with a small black candle, dressed it, put a petition & name paper underneath the candle. At the end of the candle burning after I stated her name, petition, and prayer..... the candle flame split into two flames looking like two devil horns. I kept concentrating on the flame focusing on my justified revenge and then the candle holder exploded and the glass broke into two pieces. A couple of things come to mind,
was the holder poorly made and the heat caused it. Or is it a sign, if so what is it telling me to do?

RevJames
Forum Moderator

Unread post by RevJames » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:23 am

m_beth -

I have moved your post to Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains as it deals more with reading candles than cursing objects for people to touch.

Without us knowing exactly what kind of cursing work you did it's a bit hard to determine what this means for your work. However there are a few pages that can help you determine this for yourself.

Starting at paragraph 16 on the following page, Miss Cat speaks about "Was this due to a poorly made candle?":
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Here are direct links on the same page which talk about a twin-flame, and glass breakage:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... l#signsA10

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsC3

I also highly suggest THE ART OF HOODOO CANDLE MAGIC which you can purchase right here in the forum, just a few posts above.
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148G

DragonsLoveTacos

Unread post by DragonsLoveTacos » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:51 pm

Hello LM family!

Whoa. I am in a state of shock. A glass plate just exploded during the end of my candle working. It obviously got too hot, but I know everything is relevant in magic! This has never happened.

A few days after I ordered the Lady Luck candle vigil at the church, I was inspired to set up an altar for Lady Luck (Fortuna). I went all out and now she is enjoying her little gifts. She has a glass of cabernet, chocolate, a handful of $2 bills, pyrite, 3 small lodestones dipped in magnetic sand (SO cute!), and a small green candle I placed in a cauldron. She looks absolutely gorgeous! Every time I look at her altar I fall in love. Her altar sits right in front of my work station. So she is near me during every ritual.

Today I decided to do some candle magic for abundance. I used a small glass plate (pretty sturdy), a green 6 inch freestanding candle loaded with herbs, tarot cards (thanks for the insert with my order!) and some incense. Earlier today I lit the Road Opener prepared vigil I purchased from LM, and I followed the instructions on the back. I also scrubbed down my apartment with gusto! I used Chinese Wash and Run Devil Run oil for the floors, then I walked over to the nearest crossroads with the bucket and dumped the dirty water. I even wiped down the front door (both sides) with vinegar, then with the Chinese Wash/Run Devil Run mix. I dabbed the five points on all windows and the front door (front and back) with Fiery Wall of Protection. It felt great! A couple of hours later I sat down to work the candle. Towards the end of the ritual the plate exploded! And one of the tarot cards has a burn mark - the number 10 in the ten of cups!

I would love to learn more about this. Anyone ever have this experience?

Thank you!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:49 am

Hello DragonsLoveTacos,

Most practitioners at one point or another have experienced things breaking during a spell. Unfortunately we do not provide divination on the forum, but you may want to familiarize yourself with candle divination on the following page:

You could also get a reading on this. You did a spell for abundance and a broken plate is likely a negative sign. Also, the 10 of Cups is the abundance card and that was singled out and burned. I would get a reading for details on what is happening with your spell. Reputable readers are here:
www.readersandrootworkers.org/
www.hoodoopsychics.com

Also, it's not a good idea to use oils when washing your floors as they do not break down in water and can streak your floors or make them slippery. A tiny drop is OK but don't go overboard. You can dissolve bath crystals if you wish, but Chinese Wash on its own is a powerful spiritual cleanser.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Administrator

DragonsLoveTacos

Unread post by DragonsLoveTacos » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:01 am

Thank you, Miss Athena! It definitely helps! I may have added a too much oil. LOL!

The interesting part was during the candle burning I was was having a chat with a friend via FB messenger. She shared how she grew up on a farm in Mexico. On this farm there was treasure that the previous owner hid. He was actually killed by robbers when he didn’t reveal the location of the treasure. Many years later my friend and her family were living on this farm. A psychic visited the farm and astral traveled in front of the family while describing everything on the farm. He knew nothing about the treasure but he described the gold coins, gold chunks and jewelry in detail. It was in the well and in the tunnel below the farm.

Long story short, her family started digging for the treasure and this man’s spirit retaliated. It was actually very dark the way she described it! Every time they started digging, it would get really dark and cold on the farm. She described it as a shadow of darkness and coldness hovering over the farm. While they were digging a spirit pushed her little cousin down to the floor and she broke her arm. At one point some of the animals died all of a sudden. There’s so much more! I felt like I was watching a horror movie when she was sharing the details. I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

Around the same time I started practicing magic I booked a session with Mama E. This was my first and only session I’ve had with the LM family. The first card that she drew when I asked if I was crossed/cursed was the Magician card. She said I have all the tools to clear myself, and didn’t feel I needed to order any rootwork. This inspired me to go hard on reversing and uncrossing! The reading was actually very positive, so I’m wondering if yesterday was a sign of a major breakthrough. My finances have actually gotten much better since I started uncrossing and reversing...with a vengeance. I guess I won’t know until I book another reading! So many questions!

Thank you, THANK YOU! I’m learning SO much from this forum. It’s a great novel I can’t put down!

WhiteWitch81

Unread post by WhiteWitch81 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:18 am

Is it possible this energy went to the wrong person? Because I'm seeing her name everywhere. What went wrong, and how can I fix it?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:29 am

Hi DragonsLoveTacos,

WOW, what a story! I guess they never dug up the treasure after all, right?

Very interesting.

Yes, you really should get a reading on this as the events may or may not be connected. It's not possible to know on the forum, and we do not provide divination here. You'll need to re-connect with Mama E or another reputable reader.

Good luck, please keep us posted.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:31 am

Hi WhiteWitch81,

That's generally not what happens, but it is possible that someone has been caught in the spiritual cross-hairs of a spell. We can't know for sure here. You might want to get a reading to see what's happening and to learn if other work needs to be performed. You can find qualified readers here:
www.hoodoopsychics.com

Good luck.

MercurysMaiden
Newly Registered

Unread post by MercurysMaiden » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:38 pm

:D
Hello All - I’m new to the forum and consider myself a newbie to the art. Very respectful of things and taking it slow.

I have recently done a bottle with a petition for new friendships and reconciling old ones. Just a pure request to clear out any bad karma and start fresh. Genuine and sincere intent.

I had a very curious thing happen and need help in the interpretation. I had a white taper candle in a glass holder on top of my bottle. The candle was almost out, burnt strong, clean and no tears. The candle had no oils, had just been cleansed as the bottle below it contained the main ingredients for new friends/reconciliation. I leave for a moment to come back with flame still going, no wax left, but a heart shaped glass piece blew out from the holder. The holder had a crack ring around it and a heart shaped (though jagged) hole.

So many thoughts on what this could be - any help is appreciated!

Edward T
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Edward T » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Hello MercurysMaiden
Welcome to the forum. please read this thread on reading candles for divination.
Blessings to you . Edward T
HRCC Graduate #1985 --Hoodoo Psychics, Reader, Forum Moderator, Rootworker

WhiteWitch81

Unread post by WhiteWitch81 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:18 pm

Miss Anthena, I think that's might what happend. Because this is the same name of the girl he recently started a new relationship with. On the female candle, there were lots of dripping that I read means there will be "tears before there was a reunion", they weren't kidding around. I was crushed when I saw that in my newsfeed, but I'm not going to give up just yet. Will try a couple different tactics before that happens.

holyguacamole
Newly Registered

Unread post by holyguacamole » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi: I am a new member and enthusiast to the community.

I lit a 7 day vigil candle "Come to Me' on Tuesday the 18th, anointed with Come to Me, Attraction, and Money Drawing oil - intended to bring an intended person of desire closer and specifically have him more apt to join a trip I am taking in a week. I have lit 2 previously with no incidence, and have noticed small, but gradual, shift increased attention from him. So I continued on . . .

Last night, I awoke to the Come to Me Candle breaking in the top 1/3, with black soot and a red rim of wax around the top rim of the candle. The glass was broken neatly, as if it were on an invisible hinge.

I don't know how to attach pictures here, but I hope that makes sense?

I lit the remaining 2/3 again; re-carved out names and DOB; re-anointed, and let it be. Note: I am also consequently lighting a 7 Day Money Drawing next to the Come to Me Candle. Money is unaffected. There would have been no reason or sudden "atmospheric something" to account for the Come to Me breaking, and if so, it didn't affect Money Drawing (can I get an AAA-MEN)

Please - tell me it's not as bad as I think. (and let me know how to attach pix - I would love divination!)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:34 pm

Hello, holyguacamole, and welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum!

This is post number 3,530 in the thread on candle divinations. I know you are new here, so i will try to make this short and sweet --

1) Read the previous pages; your question or one much like it has been asked and answered many times.

Broken glass is bad, bad, bad.

2) Go to the link provided for the Candle Divination web page from my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice"

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

3) No picture attachments are allowed here due to repeated abuse over the past ten years

4) No divinations are given here because this is a customer service area for our curio company and spiritual supply shop -- but you can hire a candle reader at the Association o Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR), who will accept your photos and interpret them for you, for a small fee. AIRR is not an affiliate of our company, but all of the members are trusted colleagues of ours.

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... le_Reading

5) Candle glass does break, and the breakage can cause fires, so be sure that your candle altar is as fire-safe as you can make it. See instructions in this book i wrote, "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic:

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

WhiteWitch81

Unread post by WhiteWitch81 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:52 pm

While I was burning my petition today it cast a blue flame, pretty neat, and I think it’s a good sign.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi Whitewitch2020,

Please refer to Miss cat's post just above yours. She provided a link to the free page on candle divination, as well as a link to her wonderful book which will educate you on everything you need to know about candle magic.

Good luck.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:51 pm

Whitewitch2020,

A blue flame can happen when the fire gets too hot and causes a flame. Paper or other organic items can cause a blue flame as well. I am not saying its not a good sign rather some other ideas to think about. When you burn a petition remember to spread the ashes when done! I own Miss Cats book on candle burning, among some other classics Lucky Mojo carries such has Henri Gamache, which I highly recommend. The Black Folder book also has candle burning tips and and other goodies you may enjoy to read and learn about.

Candle magic book by Cat:THE ART OF HOODOO CANDLE MAGIC http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html

Great book to learn about types of candles: THE MAGIC CANDLE by Charmaine Dey

Classic on candle working and Psalms: THE MASTER BOOK OF CANDLE BURNING by Henri Gamache master-book-of-candle-burning-by-henri- ... t9297.html

Cat's free "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web page on candles: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

THE BLACK FOLDERr book, with many articles, including candle divination: http://www.luckymojo.com/blackfolder.html

You can always have candles burned at the MISC church as well and they will send a candle report. This can be used as your primary candle in the work or back up to your work. Here i a link on setting candles: https://www.fouraltars.org/candles/
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

tyak
Newly Registered

Unread post by tyak » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:07 am

I had a dressed an prepared Lucky Mojo Mercury candle for communication with a former friend which burned out after a little more than 5 days.

While burning it the flame was steady and burned very clean with some glitter stuck at the top.

Once all the wax had burned except for a little in the edges the metal that holds the wick had some residue that lit up and flamed very high leaving a light layer of dark soot along the glass.

I know that dark soot is a bad sign but wasn’t sure what to make of it when it only occurred at the very end of the burn like that.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:05 am

tyak,

Here are some links that Lucky Mojo provides for candle reading, and you can also go to an AIRR worker and receive a reading on the wax. In general dark smoke on the candle would mean obstacles and the person is resisting the work. I would try a reconciliation on the friendship and a road opener then do this candle again.

A "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" info page on candle divination: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
"The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic," a book by Miss Cat on candle burning and divination: http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html

Mysticalsiren

Unread post by Mysticalsiren » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:20 am

Hi there,

I’m fairly new to using honey jars, anyway last night I burned 3 candles on top of my honey jar( it’s a small sized jar), when I woke up the candle wax residue seemed to pool beneath and around the jar and it looked almost like it was in the shape of a lowercase n.. but then again it could be that it took the shape of the jar. My question is, is that lowercase n shape telling me no it’s not working or am I just reading to much into it?

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:29 am

Hello Mysticalsiren,

I have moved your query to the appropriate form: Candle Divination.

Although there there are several accepted wax shapes to look for with designated meanings, signs can, and often times will, be very personal. No one can really answer that for you for certain. On the one hand, I'd say always trust your gut feeling and intuition. It will never steer you wrong. However if you are inexperienced with this type of work and are not particularly gifted in the area of divination or are not in tune with your intuition then it is possible that you are "reading too much into it" to use your term.

I would either give it another go buy continuing to burn or if you are concerned, I'd hire a professional reader. Of course you can find our recommendations at AIRR http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

Also, check out Miss Cat's book on Candle Magic. I think you'll find this greatly helpful.

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Good luck.
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

Klandstrom
Newly Registered

Unread post by Klandstrom » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:54 pm

I lit a red 4 in altar candle inscribed with my desires. I dressed the candle with honey, oils, herbs, glitter and some of my last moon. I lit and prayed over it and when it was done it was a complete charred mess. This was a love working for a current lover things have fizzled a bit. Any theories or advice is appreciated.

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:13 pm

Hello Klandstrom,

And welcome to our forum! I see that you are new here and this is your first post. We are glad that you found us. I have edited and moved your post here into its correct forum. We ask that you, please, do not create new topics as the forum is strategically organized to categorize all information. Please take a moment to review the forum guidelines when you have a second: forum-guidelines-for-newbies-forum-soci ... -t776.html

To answer your question, I'm not too certain about this without all the information. What do you mean by it was "charred mess"? Did the candle not burn all the way down or did it burn all the way down and the heat caused your holder or whatever the candle was on to blacken? If the latter is the case this is normal and I would not worry but if the former is true then I'm not sure. I would need a better visual of what you're saying to comment.

Klandstrom
Newly Registered

Unread post by Klandstrom » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:52 pm

The candle burned completely. I burned it in a jar top since it was such a small candle. It Created sort of a charred crust in the bottom of the jar. I wish I could attach a photo. Thank you so much for your response Keith.

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:08 pm

Klandstrom,

No problem at all. Listening to what you describe, it sounds more like a natural occurrence, but still I couldn't be quite sure. It's possible, and maybe even likely, that it's a result of the all of the spell ingredients you used burning. I've had this happen and things turned out fine. Sorry, I don't know how much more assistance I could be with this one without seeing it. If you are concerned about the outcome, you should do a reading or have one done. You can contact our affiliates at AIRR www.readersandrootworkers.org. Find a reader that resonates with you.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:35 pm

Klandstrom,

Dressing a candle with all the items you mentioned can cause a messy burn. Dressing a candle with multiple items is called double or tripple dressing a candle. The more you add the more likely it will burn messy. IE take a candle carve it and dress it with oil ( dress 1), then dust it in powder (dress 2) then roll it in herbs ( dress 3), another way is to then roll it in wax and sprinkle herbs on it again ( dress 4). Some people use all or none of them or one at a time. Honey is a sweetener, the sugar content in honey will char when burned. Dried herbs will also char. Try burning a candle carved with intention and oil only and see the results. This burn may be messy due to the added items. You can also burn a candle ask for signs, then tip it over and drop the wax into a glass of water and read the signs in the wax for answers to your question. Best of luck!

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Student

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:45 am

Crazy candle behavior I've never seen... I have an interview tomorrow and I lit a green candle and rolled it in Money Drawing herbs, with Good Luck and Special Oil #20. Wrote a petition paper, 5 spotted that with Money Drawing oil. Everything was going great, but some of the herbs got caught in the flame, and this sped up the candle wax melt, considerably. The flame flared up to about a foot, but never once did it leave the candle stick or dish underneath. The wax then dropped over to the left, creating a very thick rope of wax. Then the flame went back to normal and looks like it's preparing to close the burn normally.

So I consulted "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic", and on page 58 it says this could be a good sign. I tried Lenormand, and got Fish + Birds + Letter, so I took that to mean "Good news, based on personal networking", which I've done considerably trying to get this job. THEN I tried Bibliomancy, and got a story in Chronicles where David summons some musicians to sign and dance around the Ark of the Covenant, so with all of these things together, I'm getting the sign that this is positive. I hope that this is how a typical candle setter might review the scene, any thoughts on what I could do better or how I went wrong?

Is there a cheiromantic angle to address if the herbs catch on fire? It *feels* good to me. I have photos if anybody wants to review them, maybe other students have ideas.
HRCC Student #2174

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:41 am

Cognitivedissonance,

I've moved your post here to its appropriate forum.

The same question was brought up yesterday here. It's happened to me before, a couple of times, and I'll echo what I told the last person. Herbs will catch fire and flare up. This is natural and not an indicator of bad signs or unsuccessful work. I personally like it when this happens. I get the sensation that the fire is burning the essence of the herb(s) into the ether to make my work more potent.

I would take heed to your signs from your own divination work. I like your interpretation. Look directly above your post here for some more insightful information from one of our forum regulars, JayDee.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:51 pm

Hi cognitivedissonance,

Please be mindful that we do not provide free candle divination on the forum. If you would like a rootworker to help you understand your results, you can contact someone at AIRR who would, for a nominal fee, be happy to help you. You can find them here:

Also, we do not allow photos to be posted on the forum, as they eat up bandwidth and interfere with pagination.

Thanks for understanding.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”