Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
luvinginthecity

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by luvinginthecity » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi everyone!

@MissMichaele, @lostinbigd and @ JayDee

I appreciate all of the feedback. This morning before re-lighting my candles I noticed that the wic was folded into the wax, like a mini loop. So I gently lifted it and the burnt part fell off. I relit them this morning and prayed more intently in front of them. I'm not really good at chanting mantras and visualization for long periods of time, so I just talk to them and let them be. I also cleaned my altar and refreshed my offerings. The flame was still tiny and barely noticeable; but I gave it more time and this afternoon the flame is much better and more active. It's fluttering all over the place. There is still a good amount of was on this side around the sides, so it may be the quality of the candle, dunno.

Thanks for the help. I am slowly reading the amazing articles on this site!

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:01 pm

luvinginthecity, I just wanted to reassure you that "just talking to" your candles is a legitimate and effective way to pray over them.
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

WhiteWitch81

Unread post by WhiteWitch81 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:11 am

When a candle has a spark, what does that mean?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:12 am

WhiteWitch81,

We do not do candle divination readings on the forum, you can read about candles on this link by Lucky Mojo.
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

This seems the part you want to focus on: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA2

You can also get an Airr reader to read for you relating to the situation: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/A ... ootworkers

Miss Cat wrote a great book filled with information about candle magic and divination as well: http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

LittleyMe
Newly Registered

Unread post by LittleyMe » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:34 am

Hello,

I'm probably posting in the wrong thread, but hopefully not. I mean, it isn't really an intentional reading - but perhaps falls under divination in a sense.

I was feelig very discouraged about a simple petition spell I had cast and was just going to burn the petition paper and move on. I've always preferred to use matches, not lighters. The first two matches were duds - the lit heads flew off them and immediately extinguished mid-air. The third I took care lighting it, and it self extinguished before coming into contact with the paper I lit a candle with the same box of matches a couple of hours later with no problems, and I'm half way through the box so I know it's not full of dud matches.

I took it as a sign to keep my petition. Do you think this is the correct sign? Or maybe I'm meant to dispose of it a different way?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Hello LittleyMe,

I have moved your post to the topic on candle divination, as you are asking about signs. Although technically you're not asking about candle signs, it is close enough to your query to be a more appropriate location on the forum vs. your original choice.

We do not provide divination on the forum, therefore I can't answer your question. I suggest you get a reading from a qualified practitioner to get a better understanding of this situation and what kind of message it may be sending you. You can find readers here:
www.readersandrootworkers.org/
www.hoodoopsychics.com

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

0asis

Unread post by 0asis » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:19 am

I did a honey jar and burnt a white candle on top. While it was burning, there were trails of wax that actually eventually started to look like two people like kissing or dancing I even took pictures because I wanted to show everyone here.. however the wax figures of what looks like a couple is not even melting away as the candle is burning. Any input on this would be really greatly appreciated as I have never seen this before
Thank you St. Expedite for everything you do for me

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:13 pm

Hello 0asis,

I'm sorry but we do not provide candle divination on the forum.

To help you understand how your candle is performing, you should consider a reading from an AIRR member, which you can find here:

You can also consult the following sources for more information on candle magic divination:
www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
Miss cat's book, The Art of Candle Magic: www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html

LaJaguarina

Unread post by LaJaguarina » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:01 pm

My 7 day candle burned fast, and I’m taking it as a good sign given my circumstances but I’m really puzzled about how it burned.

On three sides there’s very very thin clear wax on the glass... along with 5 rings. The candle was a dark green. I understand that rings can be a time frame? But the wax on the sides is concerning me. They look kind of ripple like too. I’m not asking for a candle divination just want confirmation that 3 full rings and 2 broken rings = time and delays ?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:09 pm

Hello LaJaguarina,

Wax remains on the side of the glass usually indicate some kind of obstacle or delay.

If you want a detailed reading on your candle burn, you can hire someone from AIRR to interpret the results for you. Find them here:

Good luck.

newwitch2018

Unread post by newwitch2018 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:32 pm

Hello everybody. I’m hoping to get a little insight to the candles I just burned. I burned 2 for the same target. I scrolled thru this thread and didn’t find anything to this specific issue.

1) I did a white skull candle for a narcissist to see his own wickedness. The skull started burning fast. By the time I snuffed it out (3 hours later) there was only half the skull left. The flame was burning low like it was about to go out. I know this part isn’t the greatest meaning. The candle itself burned only in the middle. I’m not sure if this means there’s walls creating obstacles, resistance, or that’s the way skull candles burn. Can anybody give me their own personal experience with a skull candle?

2) I’m trying to do a black penis spell to make him impotent. I didn’t have a black penis candle just a regular black candle so I used that for now until my order comes in. I commanded it that it was his penis and carved his name and dob on it. I also wrote it was his penis. I put his semen, commanding oil, dominating oil on it with licorice root and calamus root. The candle burnt almost all the way down (there’s maybe about an inch left from the 6” candle) and looked “limp”. Of course there was wax running down that side of the candle. I can’t find anywhere why it would look that way. Can it be because I prayed for his penis to be limp with other women except me? Is this a good sign? Sorry but I couldn’t find anything regarding a “limp” looking candle.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:58 am

Hello newwitch2018,

We do not offer personalized candle divination on the forum, however I can offer you some general insights.

When a skull candle burns down the middle leaving the sides of the skull intact, it indicates obstacles. You can repeat the spell or choose another method of working and see what results you get.

When a free-standing candle burns but not entirely complete, leaving part of the candle base intact, it also indicates obstacles. You can repeat this spell when you get your correct candle.

If you want more information on candle magic divination, please read the following page:
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

If you would like a personalized reading on the remains of your two spells, you can hire someone from AIRR who can provide more detailed divination.

LaJaguarina

Unread post by LaJaguarina » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:49 am

If someone did spell work to bring a couple closer together and the wax residue forms a clear number “3” would that symbolize a certain amount of time?

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:04 pm

Jaguarina,
It might - or it might symbolize a third party -- either a "Miss Thing" or a baby! Look for other shapes in the wax that might hint at "three what, exactly?" If there is no illumination there, us another method of divination, one you can rely on to tell you the truth -- or schedule an appointment with a trustworthy reader.
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Ana_banana1738
Newly Registered

Unread post by Ana_banana1738 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:00 am

I recently did a break up spell and on all 5 days out of 7 I had a clean burn, but on the 6th day it formed “trail of tears” and on the final 7th day my black candle wax dripped and formed a perfect half heart and the other half looked like it was bleeding out. I’m curious to know what that means. I take it as a positive sign.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:25 am

Hello Ana_banana1738,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum! We're glad you have found us.

I have moved your post to the thread on candle divination, as you were posting in the wrong topic.

We do not perform individual candle divination on the forum. If you are interested in interpreting the wax results from your candle, you can get a reading from a member of AIRR, who can give you a clearer view:

You could also read the following page on candle magic divination for general advice:
https://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

i hope this helps. Good luck.

musclequeen378

Unread post by musclequeen378 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:04 pm

Hello, I just finished a hoodoo separation spell with a black candle on top of brown petition paper, which I placed inside a glass bowl. The candle burned down nicely, with the leftover wax covering some of the petition paper. About an hour later, I was ready to leave and throw it at a crossroads, but some names on the paper were still visible, so I decided to burn the paper some more so nosey people won't see it. The flames engulfed the inside of the bowl at this point. About 5 mins in, the bowl got too hot to handle the high temperature which caused the bowl to explode and break. Please tell me this was MY fault and not related to the spell! 😂😂

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:00 pm

musclequeen378,

Please do not edit your subject line when posting.

It's really difficult to say what happened without a reading. As for the spell, I would redo it and be ready to dispose of the petition in a fire safe container. I also like to burn petitions by lighting an appropriate incense on top and then disposing the candle remains and ashes together. Just an idea.

Good luck to you and don't lose heart.
HRCC Graduate #2145

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:23 am

musclequeen378,

When folks mess up a spell through untrained use of the tools of spell craft -- burning candles in non-fire-safe ways or brewing herb-teas from toxic plants -- the bad outcome does not present me with a choice between two possibilities. True, i am often asked if the bad oucome was the practitioner's fault for carelessness or if it was an omen of the spell's bad outcome. To my way of thinking, and in my experience, i choose BOTH: It was your fault for recklessly undertaking work of a serious nature without training in basic physical operation of the materials AND the catastrophe signifies a bad or unwanted outcome to the spell.

By analogy, let's say that you drove a car before you had gotten training in how to do it, and you made a wreck. You couldn't say, "This car wreck is not my fault because i didn't really know how to drive" and you also couldn't say, "It's not really a car wreck because i actually didn't know how to drive." It's actually BOTH your fault AND it's a car wreck.

Like Terra said, don't lose heart -- you CAN learn and you can look back on this messed up spell with laughter -- because at least you did not burn your house down and you were unharmed. But ...

I would also like to suggest that you buy this simple 96-page book, "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic" -- because for a mere $9.00 it will set you on the path to well-trained candle magic:

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Read more about the book here: http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

brighteyes

Unread post by brighteyes » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:52 pm

Hello! I know you don't do personal divination so I won't give any specifics, and it will be a couple weeks at least until my next reading. I was wondering, what does wax shaped as an ear (while the candle was burning still) traditionally mean? I've searched the boards, but couldn't find anything.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:03 pm

Hello brighteyes,

It could mean that one has heard a message, or that one should pay more attention to what's being said, or that one is being deaf to a situation, or something else entirely. It really needs to be put into context of the work being done, the stubbornness of the target, and a host of other possible influences. Your reading should help to clarify this.

Good luck.

brighteyes

Unread post by brighteyes » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:12 pm

Thank you Miss Athena, I appreciate your insight. I will keep notes of everything so I have context for my next reading.

coastwitch

Unread post by coastwitch » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:03 pm

brighteyes,

If your reader will accept photos, do as I do and take a picture of unusual wax formations, then send them to the reader a day or two before the reading This advice was given to me about five years ago and it has helped me a lot. I hope it is of help to you.
coastwitch

ChunLi718
Newly Registered

Unread post by ChunLi718 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:32 pm

I packed a skull candle with picture of my lover & I, petition, etc.

1) The picture ended up burning only the side he was on. I did not take as a bad sign but was the picture suppose to get burned as well?

2) Wax then burned and and what was left was remaining perfectly flat no flows or anything etc. I wonder if there is any significance to that.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:35 pm

Hello ChunLi718,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum! We're glad to see you here.

It's fine that the picture ended up getting burned. I take that a sign that Spirit has heard your petition. Don't worry about it.

No significance to your wax remains. Deploy them appropriately (you can bury them in your front yard to bring someone to you, or in your back yard to keep someone with you.

Scorpio Spirit

Unread post by Scorpio Spirit » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi all. Just wanted to share..

I have a honey jar that I lit a candle on. It has been just over a week since the last time I lit one. I've had things going on and just knew I want in a state of mind to concentrate. But out of all the candles I have lit in my magical journey, I've never seen signs so quickly and clearly.

At first the flame was a bit small but steady. Then after about 30 seconds or so, it dimmed as if it was about to go out. Then it started cracking and popping like a sparkler. It went so low it looked to have gone out for a split second, sparked one last time and then the flame returned brighter, double in size and burning string and steady.

I am taking this as a sign that spirits are fighting for me and the honey jar is doing the job I created it for.

I've had readings and there's some healing that needs to be done on both sides but in time it's possible for my wish to be granted. This is very uplifting!

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:20 pm

Scorpio Spirit,

That is great to hear! Keep up the good work.
HRCC Graduate #2145

Star Nikki
Newly Registered

Unread post by Star Nikki » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:03 am

I burned a black skull candle yesterday. At first the flame was very strong and high. Then it started flickering and it started to produce a lot of black smoke towards the left. Then the flame turned small, but was flickering still. At the end the flame turned almost completely blue and small. It burned for hours with the blue flame. The flame went off in the middle of the candle when I opened a window. I didn't continue with the candle after this.

Today I continued to burn a small white tealight for the same intention. The flame was medium high and very stable the whole burn. The candle also produced a lot of white smoke.

Any ideas how to interpret this?

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:14 am

Star Nikki,

Hello, welcome to the forum. Your candle burn doesn't seem to be a strong one. We do not give candle divinations here so you could do a couple of things.

1. Make an appointment with a professional reader who will be able to tell you what candle burn means and if your work is successful.

2. Attempt a divination on your own using whichever method you feel comfortable with. This could be tarot cards, playing cards, or pendulum.

3. Read through this thread to get some ideas on how others interpreted a burn like this.

It is difficult to gain enough knowledge on your situation through posts. I would book a reading to find out more.

You can find a professional reader here: http://readersandrootworkers.org/
HRCC Graduate #2145

Magick786
Newly Registered

Unread post by Magick786 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:38 pm

Hey, I recently burned a candle to influence four of my professors to give me A on the exam. I studies and performed by best. The candle remains were strange. I have attached links so you guys can see and give me suggestion.

Please let me know what you think it suggests. I just wanted to influence my professors a little, not expecting them to hand me over an A.

Rev Ernest
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rev Ernest » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:52 pm

Dear Magick786,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum. We do not provide candle divination on this Forum, so we've removed your attachment link.

If you'd like your candles interpreted, then you can go to the Association of Independent Readers and Rooteworkers at http://readersandrootworkers.org to ind a reader who looks good to you, and message them concerning your candle. They will charge for the divination.

Or, you can go to the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church website, www.missionaryindependent.org, and order a appropriate candle there, and it will be burned for you, and you'll receive a candle report when it's finished burning.

And, to teach yourself candle magic, including traditional methods of candle divination, we recommend this book:

BOO-GRI-AHCM

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

I hope this information has been helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Rev. Ernest
Rev. Ernest, HRCC Grad #0891, MISC Deacon,
Facebook Fridays! Admin, Online LMCCo Catalogue Team

failteisteach
Newly Registered

Unread post by failteisteach » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:52 pm

What I have here is not so much a question, but just something I‘D like a second opinion on as I have a pretty strong gut feeling on what it means.

I did a moving candle breakup spell combined with Come to Me (two black figure candles and one red female one). After I had reached the point where the black and red candles were touching, the wax of the red candle began to drip into the wax of the black candle, and combined there, causing the resulting wax from the black candle to spill out the other side as a burgundy colour. After some time, the black candle began to “exchange” it’s wax with the red candle, and the two became “fused” together.

To me, this signifies the energy from the red figure is “flowing through” the black figure, getting “under the target’s skin”. So to speak.

I received the first sign later the same day the candles finished, the target (the black figure of the man) got a tattoo of a candle.

To me this all seems pretty good, I burned it alongside a breakup vigil candle, which burned in 4 days and left a black sooty top and a clear bottom; it also burned with an EXTREMELY high flame. I am repeating the breakup candle as I know a fast burn can mean impermanent/incomplete results.

Overall I thinking this is a good thing, but I was wondering what others thought.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:33 pm

Hello failteisteach,

I'm sorry but we do not perform custom candle divination on the forum. If you would like to have a professional opinion of your wax burn, you can contact a member of AIRR who can interpret your results for you for a nominal fee. You can find them here:

Good luck.

Sunflowergirl97

Unread post by Sunflowergirl97 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:49 am

Hi! I don’t know if this is the right thread for this so I’m sorry if I’m wrong but yesterday I began burning a vigil candle for attraction. I dressed it with some oils and herbs and prayed over it however the flame was pretty weak after about 15 minutes to the point where it looked like it would go out. I was about to go to leave the house so I snuffed it and today I decided to relight it. The wick had gotten covered in wax so I dug it out and while it was burning today it did the same thing however, I noticed that there was a lot of melted wax pooling so I poured it out. As I was pouring the wax out some of the herbs I put started to burn a bit too and I got a black smudge on the glass. But now the flame is burning strong and bright. Like it’s completely different from how it was yesterday and earlier today.

I’m wondering if that’s a good sign that it’s burning well now? Is it okay to pour out excess wax or does that ruin the spell?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:13 pm

Hello Sunflowergirl97,

It's OK to doctor a candle if it is in danger of snuffing itself out. However this could impact your final burn and interpretation of the wax remains.

Wait until you finish your candle then interpret what you see, using input from the following page:

Sunflowergirl97

Unread post by Sunflowergirl97 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:11 pm

Thank you Miss Athena! So should I just pour out the wax as needed or try to not? I don’t want to negatively impact the final burn or the overall outcome

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:17 pm

Hello Sunflowergirl97,

You can pour out any wax as needed. It won't negatively impact your outcome (in fact, "doctoring" stubborn candles is done all the time to get them to burn properly), but it may interfere with your ability to read the remains. When this happens to me, I err on the side of a proper burn and then read my cards vs. remaining candle wax for divination.

Good luck.

Pegasus

Unread post by Pegasus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:33 am

I would like some advise. I asked for help on a blockbuster spell. It was to blast away obstacles to true love. I put in LM blockbuster oil and blockbuster herbs. I sprinkled a little of the incense on top of the vigil candle.
The candle burned in 6 days with a steady flame. The glass was left very sooty and black over 80 percent. I will repeat the work. The vigil candle made a loud bang at the end and cracked the glass jar. Is that a good sign?

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:31 am

Pegasus,

If the vigil candle was already fixed from the shop, I wouldn't add anything to it. The insense and herbs you added can be a fire hazard and probably made the candle burn dirty turning the glass sooty.

If you buy them fixed, just burn them as is. You can place them on your petition pray with them a few times a day as they burn down. If you wish to use the herb mix, I would use them for a bath instead and maybe burn the incense as you bathe.

I hope this helps!
HRCC Graduate #2145

Pegasus

Unread post by Pegasus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:43 am

I used it on a plain black vigil candle. I added the mixed blockbuster herbs, oil and incense from lucky mojo to it.

FiachnaCybele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by FiachnaCybele » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:31 am

Hi Pegasus,

As Terra Rising suggested, it could very well just be too much of everything added to the candle. I've done this myself many times and gotten a sooty burn, just because I was a little heavy-handed with my herbs and oils. One thing you can do is use an herb grinder to make your herbs very fine, and just do a light sprinkle over the top of the candle.

If you try that and burn a 2nd candle, and you still have soot, then I'd take that as an indication of obstacles, etc. I'd also use the incense separate from the candle, instead of adding it to the candle itself, i.e. have it wafting next to your burning candle to set the atmosphere.

I hope that helps!
Fiachna Cybele
HRCC #2163G
Tarot Reader & Conjure

Thank you St. Joseph, Michael, & Raphael!

Pegasus

Unread post by Pegasus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:36 pm

Great suggestion I will blend the herbs down and see if it makes a difference. I think I have some major obstacles in my path to love and will keep carrying on until it burns clear.

Ianoydb

Unread post by Ianoydb » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:16 pm

Hi everyone!

I have been burning a red skull candle for 3 days now. It was burning nicely and pooled up nicely. When it got to the end, my petition began to burn as well. It heated up the wax a lot, and my petition burned to ashes.

During the final blaze of the fire (because of the petition burning) the plate that was catching the wax broke very loudly. Like I said, I was feeling really good about this spell and it felt very positive. The flame went out very shortly after the plate broke (less than 15 mins later after it had burned for a total of about 18 hours).

I guess my question is... since the spell was going so well, and I still feel pretty positive about it all. Do you think the plate breaking was a good or a bad sign?

Should I bury the wax and plate, or release my person of interest from the spell?

Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated!

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:14 am

Ianoydb,

I wouldn't take the broken plate as a sign for the outcome of the spell. It is just a sign of overlooking a detail. Next time use something that won't break or burn. Sand in a large bowl, a metal cookie sheet or serving tray. If you go to a thrift store you will find a wide range of usable items that will work.

Bury the wax and whatever else remains of the spell properly. Take the plate and bury it off your property. You don't want something broken associated with your spell.
HRCC Graduate #2145

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:40 am

lanoydb,

Breaking a plate or a glass candle stand is a function of physics. It indicates a lack of knowledge of physics and may aso show carelessness or misunderstanding of the power of flame. It's like burning your biscuits while baking or running off the road and into a ditch. Next time you will be more careful.
catherine yronwode

Casteel344

Unread post by Casteel344 » Fri May 08, 2020 7:37 am

First I have ever seen this. A thick broken wax ring(red from love candle being used as one and only) on the right side of glass candle. What could it mean. This is the second candle I burned as I am trying to perform a run of three. The first candle has only a tiny bit of black spot at the top but burned good the rest of the way down and left clear rings about 8. Tiny bit of wax at the bottom. Way less than the amount to be concerned about. I know that the right side of the candle indicates future on the second candle but I’m not sure about the rest.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 08, 2020 8:47 am

Casteel344,

When wax remains in a candle, it sigifies stuck energies, things not moving forward. Your positioning is one often noted -- the left is the past and the right is the future (because in out alphabet we read from left to right), while the rear signified hidden things and the front those things which are out in theopen and well known.

We don;t perform candle divinations in this forum, but there are readers at the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR) who will perform candle readings from photos for a modest fee, or you can teach yourself with the help of my website, Lucky Mojo, and this book:

Use in Magic:
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic</span><br>by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo</b><br>Candle magic is one of the foundational practices within African American hoodoo folk-magic. Spell-casters of every level of experience within the community know the value and efficacy of setting lights, This book is actually three books in one filled with history, teachings, traditions, and instructions on how to become a candle magic practitioner, how to provide candle ministry services to clients, and how to conduct public candle-light services.<br>96 pages, trade paperback.

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in spells of love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
96-page paperback, illustrated

BOO-GRI-AHCM
$9.00

For more information, see:
http://www.luckymojo.com/theartofhoodoocandlemagic.html
catherine yronwode

daoist

Unread post by daoist » Thu May 28, 2020 10:56 pm

I did not want to open another topic because something similar happened to me (broken plate). I have done a black candle spell on a annoying neighboring shop that annoys me with noise all day for years (right under my living room / bedroom). I told them many times and even official organisations that enforce retailer regulations talked to them. but the shop owner/workers are so narcissistic that they did not change their behaviour one single bit. like 0% change.

I had spells on the shop owner before, but they did not seem to work. Now i decided to make just super simple spell where i just carved the name of the shop in the candle, and put a paper under the black candle with name of the shop 3 times with big black letters from black marker. i sprinkled salt around the candle for protection.

I made up a spell, to basicly say if your shop cannot stop the noise your shop should go away from me. but i just chanted it but did not put it under the candle or anything. the candle burned for almost 3 days straight. I started to do the spell as soon as i hear the annoying noises again. during my casting i hear it go silent a few times quickly. and when noise started again i cast the spell few more times and i pushed away my hands few times toward the flame to throw all my frustrating energy towards the flame of the candle, while i was chanting the spell.

Everything went beyond expectation. The next day (less than 24 hours) the shop was closed, and have not been open for 4 days now. (I have asked nicely before, too many times).

Now here is the thing. The candle burned all the way to the bottom and almost all the wax was gone until the bottom where the paper was started burning. The flames were pretty intense. I moved over the plate to the bathroom and put it in shower cabin. The flames went bigger and bigger. But i let it burn more. Than at one point i was afraid it would get to hot and melt the bottom (drainage) part of the shower cabin. so i turn on the shower to put out the flames. When I did this a big Flame of about 4 foot high was shooting up into the air, immediately followed by a big bang because the dinner plate i used cracked because of thermoshock (i assume).

What is the meaning or significance this? Is this a good or a bad sign?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri May 29, 2020 9:46 pm

Hello daoist,

Your situation sounds like more of a case of basic physics than anything spiritually relevant. Your flame caught your petition and burned it up (a good thing) but the resulting flame was so high you doused it with your shower. It's unsurprising that the flame got higher and your plate broke, as a result of that kind of sudden shock.

I wouldn't read too much into it, and advise that you have confidence in your success. You're seen some movement already, trust that your spell will ultimately manifest as you desire.

Jimm108

Unread post by Jimm108 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:13 am

Hello Everyone,
I decided to try using tea lights for my work. I have been using 4 candles 1 at the center and 3 in a triangle formation. What I have interesting is each time I light the the 3 outer candle always finish first. Even though I light the central candle to begin. Anyone have any insight on this.

Thank you
🙏

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:29 pm

Hello Jimm108,

If you have assigned different goals for each of the candles, then the ones that finish first mean those goals may be met but the results may not be long-lasting.

We do not provide specific candle divination on the forum, but the above is a general principle. For more information on candle wax divination, you can consult the following page:

If you would like a detailed look at your specific situation by a professional reader and rootworker, you can find them here:

Alice Kyteler

Unread post by Alice Kyteler » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:21 pm

Wow! My testimonial is almost the same as Daoist has posted above!. Miss Athena's response is very helpful as I had the same doubt. Thanks.

I have performed a mirror box spell today. Have burnt a black candle with the name of my target backwards, and during the hours it has been burning, the flame was high, all clean and normal with a positive vibe to me of success about the procedure. It has burnt for almost 13 hours! (It was a normal paraffinum candle, just a common one). The whole day has been lit up. Everything was ok but as long as the wick was closed to the crystal candle support at the bottom, at the point of being faded out and consumed to wax remains, it has cracked up the crystal.
I have thought that this was due to the wick so closed to the crystal, but I don't know if it has a meaning: I was finishing my bath with some herbs and after reciting the psalm 37, I heard the crystal crack.
I'm not an expert about candles, but, can this be a signal of conclusion and success of the ritual?. It has had a feeling of ending or conclusion to me, just like if I had arrived to an ending with my target and the whole situation, some kind of victory over my target.
Maybe is just physics.
Thank you Saint Jude, glorious Apostle, miracle performer, because you took me back to Jesus.

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Alice Kyteler,

It could mean the ending or it could mean you broke through a barrier. I guess only time will tell. Keep your eyes open for signs for the next three days.

Best of luck!
HRCC Graduate #2145

Jimm108

Unread post by Jimm108 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:38 pm

Thank you Miss Athena,
You answer is helpful. Was not looking for answers to my specific situation. Just an idea of why this might be happening. I am fascinated by this (as it happens the same each ). 1 Candle is for my specific goal, 3 candles to give the work a boost.

You have answered my question more then you may think, have given me some insight which is all I needed.

Thank you,
Be well!

Starhime13
Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by Starhime13 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:20 am

1) I read that Cat was Jewish --

2) and since I did look a bit into candle divination and saw how it was like wishing for something.

3) I was wondering if during Hanukkah or the Sabbath, I forget the holiday it's called but it is like the version of what Christmas is here,

4) can you burn seven different colored candles and petition to the diety things like protection, love, prosperity, wealth, etc?

5) I always found that holiday interesting because it's 7 days full of presents and hope. I love Christmas and it is my favorite holiday because of how I get to spend time with my family and how I get to see a more generous side of people. The thought of having something like Christmas for a week where you spend time with your family and where people are kind to one another had always fascinated me.

6) I'm curious because Cat is a witch and I read that she was Jewish,

7) so would you implement that if celebrating that holiday?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:58 am

Starhime13,

I have broken your post apart into sections, without changing your words, because i wanted to reply to your ideas in a neat and orderly way. In some respects, this should be a topic for the "Religion and Hoodoo" thread, but it also does deal with candle divination, so i will leave it here.

1) Yes, i am Jewish, but it is also important to note that i am Reform Jewish, one of the most liberal Jewish denominations, and since my teens i have spent much time in Black Baptist and Spiritualist churches, so while i consider myself an ethnic Jew and a cultural Jew, i also self-identify as an eclectic Jew with respect to region. I basically maintain Jewish beliefs and practices (according to the precepts of Reform Judaism) and i have welcomed quite a few other forms of practice into my life. There are quite a few Jews like me in America; i am not a rare type.

To be specific, with respect to Christianity, i accept Jesus for what he said he was, "the son of man" (meaning a natural human male) and NOT for what breakaway Christians said he was, namely "the son of God." Had Jesus ever said in the Bible that he believed he was "the son of God," i would have written Christianity off as a misguided Jewish cult and never become a fond ally.

I wish to make it clear that i believe that the imposition of these supernatural claims on behalf of Jesus (who was long dead when they were made) and further claims by Christian clerics that "the Jews killed Christ" (note: it was the Romans who killed Christ) have given rise to a bloody history of attempts to exterminate Jews, led by certain factors within the Catholic and Protestant Christian communities.

So, for shorthand -- i am Jewish, yes, with a significant overlay of Black Baptist and Spiritualist.

2) Candle divination is not like wishing for something. Candle prayer may be, but the divination on how a candle burns and what remains are left in the candle holder is a prediction about the outcome of the spell, not a form of wishing.

I suggest that you based this entire line of questions on a simple misunderstanding, so i will address that next.

Divination means foretelling the future through spiritual ("divine") means. It is allied to other forms of foretelling, such as the use of card, astrology, dice-casting, bone-throwing, dream interpretation, tea leaf reading, clairvoyant, crystal gazing, and dowsing. To learn more about candle divination, please see this free web page from an online book i am writing

HOW TO READ DIVINATION SIGNS FROM CANDLE-BURNING:
CEROMANCY IN HOODOO CANDLE MAGIC
from "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" by catherine yronwode

https://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

3) The Sabbath is the Lord's Day among Jews. It is observed every Saturday. The parallel in Christianity is the setting aside of Sunday as the Lord's Day. Hanukkah is a holiday among Jews. It takes place in early winter, but it is not like Christmas (the birthday of Jesus), nor is it like Yule, the ancient European Pagan mid-winter festival that has given such elements as the Christmas Tree and the Decking the Hall with Boughs of Holly to contemporary Christian Christmases, in most (but not all) Christian denominations. Hanukkah celebrates a miracle during a military siege.

The Greeks had invaded Jewish territory and the Jews were almost entirely defeated and under Greek rule. One man and his sons -- they were the Maccabee family -- determined to fight on for Jewish independence. They were holed up in the Temple, with only enough oil in their lamp for one night, and the miracle was that the lamps kept burning -- for a whole week. Empowered by this miracle and their belief that God favoured their cause and showed his favour by this miracle, the Maccabees gathered strength, rallied their rebel friends, and overthrew the Greeks, regaining Jewish independence.

The Maccabees then set themselves up as a kingly line tat endured for hundreds of years. They also installed their own line of priests. (Comedic-plaintive Jewish aside: "... and that's when our troubles began.") These priests, the Hasmoneans, were blamed by the strictest Jewish sects for the fact that, hundreds of years later, God withdrew his favour and eventually allowed the Romans to conquer the Jews. Jesus belonged to one of the anti-Hasmonean groups, and felt that by a return to the old Davidic lineage of kings (of which he was, conveniently, a member) and the installation of a true priesthood as ordained from the time of Aaron, God would favour the Jews to overthrow the Romans and regain independence.

Modern Jews in the European and American diaspora, in search of a way to overthrow the successors to the Roman conquerors of their historic land -- most recently the British -- began to emphasize the once small festival of Hanukkah in order to gain strength to claim their land. Additionally, the festival became a way to seem "neighborly" to the Christians among whom they lived. "We have a mid-winter festival too," they said. "We also give gifts to the kiddies," they said. And thus the modern festival of Hanukkah grew to be much larger than it originally was.

TO BE CONTINUED (i have to do some pre-scheduled readings for clients now...)
catherine yronwode

Starhime13

Unread post by Starhime13 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:27 pm

Thank you, I'm sorry for the lack of knowledge I have on the Jewish tradition and culture. It was diluted in what was taught in schools and the holiday with the 7 day candle lighting was taught in a picture book to me during elementary school. I hadn't thought of it since , until I connected the dots with candles and what I had read online about them. It's hard finding knowledge that is clear and concise. You tend to end up with a lot of spam websites or general information on the internet. I can't wait for the book on candles so that I'd understand it more. I would typically use a candle to invite a spirit in to do work for me and lay a offering beside it. I don't use candles as much , so I'm not fully familiar with it and was looking for more knowledge. Your site was overwhelming at first, but I was able to actually dissect some of the information that is given on here and it cleared up a lot of misinformation I found online.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:14 pm

PART 2

Starhime13 , no problem. I am glad you learned about Jewish customs as a child. It sometimes feels lonely and frightening to be a Jew -- there are so few of us left, after all the killings -- and it is very nice to know that someone is interested in us and our ways. I am happy to supply background information. Onward to the rest of your questions:

4) Originally the festival of Hanukkah was celebrated with oil lamps, and this persisted in many places well into the 19th century.

This is a Chanukah Oil lamp.

When paraffin wax candles first became popular and were manufactured in factories during the late 19th century, some, but not all, Jews adopted them and made special Chanukah candle holders for them. The candles are lit at sundown and are generally small, for they are intended to be out by the time we go to sleep.

When the artificial dyes used to colour candles were invented in the early 1900s, Jewish candle makers often packaged them as Chanukah candles with the idea that because gifts are given to children on the days of Chanukah, the lighting of the candles would do double-duty, teaching the children a simple message about faith and persistence, and also allowing parents to teach the kids about colours and numbers. Having young children light the candles has become a widespread custom in all forms of Judaism, and having them name the colours and count the candles is part of this ritual. Some families -- the more conservative ones -- stick to white candles only, of course.

Here is a family of Jews wearing modern kippahs, also known as yarmulkas (skull caps), teaching a child to light the evening's candle. (Going back to what i mentioned before: there are many denominations of Judaism, and in some denominations men do not wear these caps -- or they wear them only when engaged in a religious activity.)

5) You are right that Hanukkah is a family holiday. It is mostly for the immediate family. We make a bigger deal and travel farther, and invite our non-Jewish friends to a Springtime festival called Pesach or Passover at which we spend quite a long time preparing and eating a meal called the Seder, while reciting portions of the story of our people and singing songs.

This holiday starts off a bit grim, with the memories of enslavement and sad songs, proceeds to the time the Lord saved us (the literal passing over of the Angel of Death) and there is the seder plate, which we hold up and show to all, and explain the meaning of every item on it . And then his goes on into snack time with unleavened bread (pita bread or baked matzohs), bitter food (horseradish), sweet chopped fruit (charoset -- MY FAVOURITE EVER!) and then, still while waiting for the feast, these get put together in a Hillel sandwich (an ancient teacher or Rabbi named Hillel the Elder invented this and it is great!), and then the meal is served.

Oh, and a piece of one of the matzohs (called the afikoman) was hidden earlier and it must be found and the child who finds it gets a reward, and the reason it all becomes blurry around then is that there are four glasses of wine for each person to drink throughout the story-telling. And there is wine for the Prophet Elijah, and the door is left open for him to enter. We stick with the program and down all four glasses of wine, even the children (who get tiny glasses), because that is part of the story-telling of our escape from slavery.

There's more to it -- i forgot to mention that we do all of this while reclining on pillows on the floor! Also the story-telling -- the haggadah -- is different from family to family, and it is considered a blessing to add to a haggadah or tell it differently, which means that there are old fashioned ancestral haggadahs, and haggadahs about the nation of Israel, and radical left-wing political haggadahs, and feminist haggadahs, and ecological haggadahs, and haggadahs about our commitment to civil rights for our African American brothers and sisters, and, of course, Maxwell House Coffee haggadahs. (I am not kidding. There are Maxwell House Coffee haggadahs.) You can tell what kind of a Jew a person is by asking them about their family's haggadah.

So if you have any Jewish friends, ask them to invite you to a Seder. It's always fun and we do make a custom of inviting non-Jews, as i said.

Here is a seder plate:

6) I'm not a witch. I am a root worker.

7) Nope. But you are close to something here -- the making of the candles in different colours, for the kids, and the fact that so many candle-makers are Jewish, led to the use of coloured candles all over America, and by the mid-1930s, the identification of these candle colours with the twelve signs of the zodiac, the planets that govern the seven days of the week, and the various departments of life began to take form. Since the early 1940s, the symbolism of candle colours has been pretty firmly set n African American hoodoo -- but although Jewish candle-makers made it possible, by inventing those nifty coloured candled, the tradition of choosing candle colours for wishes did not carry back into the Jewish festival of Chanukah.

Whew -- okay! I hope that was interesting to you.

I may move this over to the Religion thread after all, but i want you to see it, and since you are new here, you might not find it unless i leave it here for a day or two.

Enjoy!
catherine yronwode

Starhime13

Unread post by Starhime13 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Thank you for the clarification and I'm sort of new to the labels of the magical community.

I thought that a witch was a practioner in magic and I didn't exactly like the label of it. But to educate me, what's the difference between a rootworker and witch ? I thought that it was just a different denomination in magic. I don't like the label of witch because of how it was used to hunt down practioners of magic. But not to excuse my ignorance, many people of the magical community had identified themselves as witches and it just was a slip in the tongue.

I know that there's different denominations but it's difficult when there's labels of witch being used and it sort of felt normal to just call anyone who practices magic a witch. I don't like the identification of it , but to explain to people who aren't familiar with magic, I sometimes say I practice witchcraft. I felt like that word was superstitious and I don't like the idea of using a word that was used to label practioners of magic and undesirables such as the elderly as someone who worships the devil or sends people bad spirits. But other people in the magical community have used it to label themselves and redefined the meaning of the word, so I kept my disdain of that word to myself and I just used it as simplicity so that I wouldn't argue with people.

I don't have anything against the use of identification of the word witch, but I hate how everyone who is a practioner is considered one and how it's validated by other practioners who use that word to identify themselves as one.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:39 pm

Hello Starhime,

A rootworker is someone who practices the tradition of hoodoo conjure, as it was established in the southern United States. Practitioners of magic who self-identify as witches are likely to follow other spiritual paths such as wicca.

Some people use the term to generically identify anyone who practices magic of any kind, however that is like calling all tissues "Kleenex". It is also a cultural pejorative, in that it is sometimes used to derogatorily suggest that one is involved only in dark or maleficent magic.

Whether you identify with the term "witch" is as much a personal choice as it is a reflection on the spiritual tradition you follow.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”