Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Possible Copyright theft on Spellsofmagic

Please report copyright theft here: Eliminate thieves and help maintain the online spiritual community as a place of trust and respect.
loyal_stranger

Possible Copyright theft on Spellsofmagic

Unread post by loyal_stranger » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:10 pm

I'm not entirely sure if this qualifies but I figured it's better to be safe than sorry so I'd bring it to your attention. I don't know the name of the person as it is a forum post but it is literally word for word what is on your graveyard dirt section of 'Hoodoo in Theory and Practice". I know, because I've read it multiple times. I don't see where the person specifically credits you - though at the bottom she does use your name and list your website as "site of interest".

Also I should probably note that I clicked on this person's profile and their profile was deleted. So while that person is no longer there, the copyright-infringing post, if that's what it is, is still on the site.

http://www.spellsofmagic.com/read_post.html?post=216309

I found this by searching Google for graveyard dirt spells.

Jordan733

Re: Possible Copyright theft on another forum

Unread post by Jordan733 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:53 am

I can see why this would be a significant irritation, to say the least. I did a quick search on a particular phrase from Cat's page on Graveyard Dirt and found way too many matches online, either directly or with just the slightest of rewrites. I have no idea how this would be addressed, but it is truly offensive...and yes, in my opinion, blatant theft. This is the phase I did a search for. "Accidentally" copying the text would beyond unlikely.

"In hoodoo, as in African magic and in Palo, graveyard dirt can be used for good or for ill. There are several well-known love-spells that utilize graveyard dirt, and just as many spells to hold someone down or restrain them in some way (what British people might call a ''binding spell''

The best of these at least make reference to Lucky Mojo, some do not. It makes it even more clear that sharing ANY information from "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" or any of the information we have access to for that matter, needs to be linked back to the page, and probably not shared in full at all. I have an international food group on Facebook. Many of the contributors have their own websites and the recipes and photographs are their own. I've learned that to share recipes while honoring the authors, it works best to list the ingredients and a photo, but to link the directions back to the post. It is enough to interest people and draw them to the source. Perhaps short summaries with links are best to share when it comes to anyone else's work.
Jordan Rae Mikena
Student ID #2078

nagasiva
Site Admin
Re: Possible Copyright theft on Spellsofmagic

Unread post by nagasiva » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:01 pm

Submitted DMCA Takedown notice via their button on the page: "Report Copyright Violations".

To date spellsofmagic.com has been helpfully responsive to requests to remove copyright violation materials.
nagasiva yronwode

Forum Tech Help
forum@luckymojo.com

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Copyright Theft Reports and Results”