Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Rosewood Oil Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo conjure oils and ritual oils in magic spells, and which oils are best for your purposes.
LDB1957
Rosewood Oil Questions and Answers

Unread post by LDB1957 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:25 pm

Hello Everyone

Would like a little info concerning ROSEWOOD ESSENTIAL OIL. Only a brief comment on LM website:

"Used in healing and spiritual work".

Am making my own HOLY OIL from scratch and rosewood oil caught my attention.
Just general info is fine.

Thanks
LDB1957

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Rosewood Oil Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 04, 2018 6:35 pm

Hi, LDB1957 --

Rosewood trees of several species belong in the Pea or Bean family (the Fabaceae). Their wood is a rich reddish brown and their essential oil has long been used in the perfume industry to give a "woodsy" note with a complex aroma that is stimulating, mildly aphrodisiac, antiseptic, analgesic, and antidepressant. These latter qualities have led to the inclusion of Rosewood in healing formulas, but, in addition, like many tree-oils, it also has a masculine quality.

Unfortunately, overharvesting and habitat destruction of Rosewood has resulted in all of the species being declared endangered, and it is unknown how long any perfume company will be able to acquire true Rosewood Oil. For now, we use our existing stocks sparingly. Brazilian Rosewood oil cannot be sold without a government-endorsed CITES certificate affirming that it comes from a sustainable source. For now, we can get CITES-approved Rosewood Oil, but i would not be surprised to find that we will have to discontinue its use soon.

Human overpopulation is destroying our once-bounteous and beautiful natural sources of pleasure and magic.
catherine yronwode

LDB1957

Unread post by LDB1957 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:46 am

Thanks Cat

I will choose something else in that case.

Am concocting a HOLY OIL similar to the Biblical type but with inclusion of some extra ingredients that I personally like.
I can substitute Rose Geranium for the Rosewood.

LDB1957

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon May 07, 2018 6:22 pm

LDB1957 --

Holy oils are found with variable formulas in different cultures. If you wish to pioneer your own methods, then by all means do as you wish.
catherine yronwode

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Anointing and Dressing Oils in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”