Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

The Secret of Numbers Revealed Book Questions and Answers

All about hoodoo and conjure spell books, instruction books, grimoires, and books on magic and spirituality.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
The Secret of Numbers Revealed Book Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:32 pm

Pre-printing announcement! Check it out! We are taking orders NOW for shipment in Mid-May.

BOO-DIV-SONR
The Secret of Numbers Revealed by Godfrey Spencer, ed. cat yronwode
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
http://luckymojo.com/thesecretofnumbersrevealed.html

This is a restoration, revision, and addition to two older books which i have, as often happens, collected in 7 different editions! Previewing at the 2019 Hoodoo Heritage Festival.

Here is the listing for this workshop at http://hoodooheritagefestival.com

2:30 PM - 3:30 PM Sunday May 12, 2019

Numerology Training with catherine yronwode

Godfrey Spencer's "Secrets of Numbers Revealed" was, until it went out of print, the best known hoodoo book on "The Science of Numberology." To this restored and revised edition of a well-loved classic, catherine yronwode has added much more information, gleaned from 19th century texts and from her own research into the so-called Saturn or Lo Shu Square.

Using nothing more than your birthdate and full name, this workshop will teach you how to derive a startlingly accurate character analysis, how to create a run-down that reveals your minor and major lucky numbers for betting, how to determine the lucky and unlucky days in any month, and how, if you are so inclined, to subtly change the spelling of your name to make yourself a luckier, happier, and more successful person.

TAKE-HOME: A brand-new 96-page book on Numerology for character reading and lucky numbers, plus two personal work-outs on your own name and birthdate.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: The Secret of Numbers Revealed Book Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:52 pm

I think folks will like "The Secret of Numbers Revealed" a lot.

From the 1960s onward, and well into the 2000s, every hoodoo shop i entered, including my own, carried this book and others of its type. It was published first in 1936 as "How To Get Your WInning Number" with the author listed as Lewis de Claremont. From 1939 onward it was published as "The Secret of Numbers Revealed" by Godfrey Spencer. It was released by a logical succession of publishers, including Empire Publishing, Pyramid Publishing, and Dorene Publishing, until it went out of print circa 2006 - 2010. In my introduction, i explain the reasons for the changing author and publisher names -- a bit of detective work which, for bibliophiles such as myself, provides a fascinating glimpse into New York City and Texas conjure from the pre-World War Two era to the near-present.

This book teaches about catching numbers for betting, living a happier life, interpreting signs and omens, and gaining spiritual insight into one's lovers, friends, and foes by the work-outs of their names. Not every rootworker was (or is) a numbers enthusiast, a gambler, or an omen-observer, but "The Secret of Numbers Revealed" provides vital and previously well-accepted knowledge to conjure doctors and home practitioners working in the African American tradition of folk magic.

Time passes and publishers fade away as well, but the falling away of old hoodoo books like this has led not only to the loss of real knowledge among conjure practitioners, but to the loss of the knowledge that THIS IS HOODOO. Forgetting the role that numbers play in our hoodoo history not only diminishes our understanding of what hoodoo is, but it also diminishes our ability to perform spell work effectively for ourselves and our clients.

It is my pleasure to restore, rectify, edit, amend, and add to what was once one of the top-ten most popular instructional 48 page pamphlets sold in conjure shops nationwide, and to create from it a new 96-page book, augmented with a great deal of esoteric material also long out-of print, as well as my own original research into "the science of numberology."
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:29 pm

We just opened this book up for pre-orders. Note that it will ship in MID-MAY, 2019, and that if you plan on attending the 2019 Hoodoo Heritage Festival, a copy will be INCLUDED in your "goody-bag" upon admission to the event.

BOO-DIV-SONR
The Secret of Numbers Revealed ed. by cat yronwode
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

http://luckymojo.com/thesecretofnumbersrevealed.html

Numbers are everywhere and all around us — but do you know what they mean and how to read them?

This book explains the five branches of numerical influence on human affairs:

Numerology: How Your Name and Birthdate Reveal Your Character
Arithmancy: Using Your Numbers to Tell Your Future Fortune
Number Magic: Choosing and Changing Your Name for Luck and Profit
How To Get Your Winning Number: Catching Lucky Numbers to Bet
Spiritual Numberology: The Hidden Unity of Words And Phrases

Based on material first written by Dr. Roy Page Walton in 1914, augmented with contributions by Lewis de Claremont and Godfrey Spencer in 1936, and doubled in scope under the editorship and authorship of Catherine Yronwode, this concise, illustrated introduction to the science of numerology will enable you to make your numbers work for you!

Author Catherine Yronwode is the proprietor of the Lucky Mojo Curio Company, a manufactory for traditional herb-based conjure supplies, and the pastor of the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church. She is the author of Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic: Hoodoo in Theory and Practice; and Throwing the Bones: How to Foretell the Future with Bones, Shells, and Nuts. She lives on an old farmstead in rural Northern California with her husband, a dog, cats, and chickens.

CONTENTS

Dedication 4
Acknowledgements 4
Preface to the Present Edition 5
A Map of Sorts 11
Dr. Roy Page Walton’s Introduction 11

I. NUMEROLOGY: The Numbers in Your Name and Birth Date
1. The Law of Numbers 12
2. The Character of the Numbers 13
3. Reduction and Application: Basic Techniques of Numerology 18
4. The Key and the Keywords 22
5. The Meaning of the Name Numbers 24
6. Interpreting the Birth Date Number 29
7. How to Find Your Place of Power 31

II. NUMEROLOGY: The Numbers in Your Lo Shu Birth Date Square
8. Birth Date Numerology and the Magic Square 35
9. Lo Shu Lines and Arrows 40
10. The Meaning of the Lo Shu Numbers 50
11. Reading the Lo Shu Square 53

III. ARITHMANCY: Using Your Numbers to Tell Your Fortune
12. How the Name Discloses the Future 55

IV. NUMBER MAGIC: Choosing and Changing Your Name for Luck and Profit
13. Deliberately Varying the Signature 59
14. Names Suitable for a Business 67
15. Names Suitable for a Marriage 69
16. Choosing the Best Name for a Child 74

V. HOW TO GET YOUR WINNING NUMBER: Lucky Numbers to Bet
17. Lucky Numbers From Dream Books 77
18. Follow-Ups and Run-Downs 79
19. The Master Code of Lewis de Claremont 81
20. Your Lucky Lo Shu Numbers for Lottery Play 85
21. When to Bet: Your Lucky Years and Lucky Days 86

VI. SPIRITUAL NUMBEROLOGY: The Inner Unity of Words and Phrases
22. Gematria, “Cabalisms,” and “Numberology” 91

VII. Success • Happiness • Love • Money • Life 95
VIII. Good Luck and Happy Numbering! 95
IX. Bibliography 96

First Edition 2019

Published by
The Lucky Mojo Curio Company
6632 Covey Road
Forestville, California 95436
www.luckymojo.com
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:26 pm

The Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour podcast for February 17th, 2019 featured an interview with me about my upcoming book, "The Secret of Numbers Revealed by Godfrey Spencer, Dr. Roy Page Walton, Lewis de Claremont, and catherine yronwode -- plus a FREE SPELL on how to work out your lucky numbers with your birthdate and a Magic Square.

The book can be ordered now and will ship to you on May 13th, 2019.

The radio show archive link and the complete text of our live chat log is here:

lmhrhour-chat-log-february-17-2019-the- ... 92266.html
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:20 pm

The Secret of Numbers Revealed is at the printers now. We are taking pre-orders and will hold copies for shipping until the week of May 13th, 2019, right after the 2019 Hoodoo Heritage Festival.

In addition, to celebrate the release of this new title, i have created a free annotated Bibliography of Books on Numerology for YIPPIE, the Yronwode Institution for the Presrvation and Popularization of Indigenous Ethnomagicology:

Numerology Bibliography
http://yronwode.org/numerology-bibliography.html
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:41 pm

On February 17, 2019, I was the guests of co-hosts ConjureMan Ali and Deacon Millett on a special broadcast of The Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour, featuring "The Secret of Numbers Revealed."

The show's link and chat log are here:

LMHRHour CHAT LOG February 17, 2019 The Secret of Numbers Revealed
lmhrhour-chat-log-february-17-2019-the- ... 92266.html
catherine yronwode

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Fri May 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Just got the Secrets of Numbers Revealed book. This book is DENSE, folks, in the best way. I absolutely love it. I am kind of sensing that this book might require a Facebook group of it’s own, as people learn all the details of this study, and dive into the bibliography. One aspect that doesn’t seem to have not been included (perhaps wisely) has is the importance of numerology to Dispensationalism, which is a system of biblical prophecy extremely popular in Baptist and Evangelical churches, and uses numerology to get very rich meanings squeezed out of every number written in the Bible. Dispensationalist Numerology is frequently applied to big event news stories and election years to predict how those things will turn out. Every time there’s a big prediction about the Rapture, that’s how it’s worked out.
HRCC Student #2174G

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri May 17, 2019 5:58 pm

cognitivedissonance ,

I am very excited for this book, I think it will go lovely with the dream and number books lucky mojo sells and their oils relating to the work as well. It is not uncommon in the church to make connections with numbers and scriptures and also to apply them in life. It is funny you post this because I will get text from friends asking about number sequences and what it means via scripture, meaning which scripture does this mean which applies to my situation. Easy example: I see 3:16 I think John 3:16, or 23 Psalms 23. In Hebrew the letters are pictures as well as numbers and sounds, which gives the word a very rich text to learn and understand.
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:26 pm

Enter our Facebook Fridays contest for a chance to win this book:

It's Facebook Fridays! for July 5, 2019, and we are offering one lucky reader the chance to benefit from ALL of the esoteric wisdom that was introduced at the annual Hoodoo Heritage Festival for 2019!

The Lucky Mojo Curio Company is holding a random drawing to give away 1 stupendous spiritual supply prize to enrich and enhance your magical knowledge. This week one lucky winner will receive all five of the books that were distributed free at the Festival: "The Red Folder," "The Secret of Numbers Revealed," "Genuine Black and White Magic of Marie Laveau," "Secrets of the Crystal Silence League," and "The Fortune Tellers Guide to Success." These grimoires and spell books, totalling 520 pages, unlock the mysteries of five years' worth of Hoodoo Heritage Festival workshops, including step-by-step folk magic and spell-casting rites for money and love, a complete course in numerology, 53 treasured hoodoo spells from 1920s New Orleans, wise and powerful techniques of affirmative prayer, practical crystal gazing for divination and silent influence, and the knowledge you will need to create a profitable career as a psychic reader.

All you have to do to enter is to post a comment to the contest announcement on the Lucky Mojo Facebook page, Facebook Fridays! status message.

http://www.facebook.com/LuckyMojoCurio

First thing tomorrow morning, we will select ONE very lucky winner at random, announce their name here, and ask them to message the Lucky Mojo Facebook Page with their mailing address, so we can send them their FREE Hoodoo Heritage Festival products.

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:17 pm

It's Facebook Fridays! for August 30, 2019, and we are giving away an outstanding assortment of nine books that will teach you divination!

The Lucky Mojo Curio Company is holding a random drawing to give away 1 awesome array of books to help you see what the future holds in store. This week the prize is Assortment of Divination Techniques including; catherine yronwode's "Throwing the Bones," Michele Jackson's "Bones Shells, and Curios," Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain's "Crystal Magic" and "Lithomancy," Professor Porterfield's "A Deck of Spells," Dr. Jeremy Weiss's "Vulvamancy," Valentina Burton's "Fortune Tellers Guide to Success," Dr. Roy Page Walton's "The Secret of Numbers Revealed," edited by cat yronwode, and last but not least, Claude Alexander Conlin's "Secrets of the Crystal Silence League." These 9 books -- a total of 864 pages! -- explain the history, methods, and techniques of reading for yourself or for clients with bones, coins, crystals, stones, numbers, cards, and observation of physical traits, and also include a career-building manual on how to set up your own professional practice as a fortune teller. One winner takes all!

All you have to do to enter is to post a comment to the contest announcement on the Lucky Mojo Facebook page, Facebook Fridays! status message.

First thing tomorrow morning, we will select One winner at random, announce their name here, and ask them to message the Lucky Mojo Facebook Page with their mailing addresses, so we can send them their FREE Divination Techniques Assortment products.

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:26 am

belated thanks for your comments, cognitivedissonance and JayDee --

Rather than start a dead-end facebook group about the topic, i want readers to feel free to post questions and comments in this thread, and i will reply.

Also, for more on the HISTORY of numerology, check out this free online bibliography:

The NUMEROLOGY AND NUMBER DIVINATION BIBLIOGRAPHY
of books for beginners and advanced students,
compiled by catherine yronwode

for
The Yronwode Institution for the Preservation and Popularization of Indigenous Ethnomagicology

which Is online here:

http://yronwode.org/numerology-bibliography.html

Enjoy!
catherine yronwode

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:39 am

If I get an irreducible number in my middle name, is there a special meaning to that? It was an 11.
HRCC Student #2174G

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:40 am

cognitivedissonance,

According to the Master Number system pioneered by Mrs. L. Dow Balliet and her daughter Juno Jordan, and explained in the book, the irreducible number 11 symbolizes mystical and spiritual inclinations with a distinctly humanitarian and artistic bent. It is an empathic and energetically sensitive number, and always bodes well to its bearer.

The fact that the 11 represents your middle name, and people often do not use their middle names, implies that you have a choice to use this gift or not. Its relevance to the other portions of your overall name would be taken into consideration by a numerologist such as myself, were you interested in how the presentation of your name might affect your social dynamics.

I am available to do numerology readings, if you are interested. You may book me through AIRR. Please state that a numerology reading is requested when making the booking, as i will work out the computation of the numbers before you call, to save us time for a full reading.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:34 pm

This book qualifies for inclusion in our price-breaking special that all you divination fans will want to know about:

BOO-SPE-DIVI
Assortment of Divination Techniques, Set of 9
$72.00

http://luckymojo.com/publishing.html
ASSORTMENT OF DIVINATION TECHNIQUES
by Various Authors

This awesome array of books will help you see what the future holds in store. In our Assortment of Divination Techniques you will receive detailed information and instructions covering the history, methods, and techniques of reading for yourself or for clients with bones, coins, crystals, stones, numbers, cards, and observation of physical traits, and also include a career-building manual on how to set up your own professional practice as a fortune teller.

These nine books -- a total of 864 pages! -- regularly sell for $9.00 each (a total of $81.00). Pay only $8.00 each when you buy all nine as a package deal -- a total of only $72.00 (a savings of $9.00). Order "Assortment of Divination Techniques" and you will receive one copy each of these 96-page books:

• Throwing the Bones by catherine yronwode
• Bones, Shells, and Curios by Michele Jackson
• Crystal Magic by Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain
• Lithomancy by Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain
• A Deck of Spells by Professor Porterfield
• Vulvamancy by Dr. Jeremy Weiss
• 'The Fortune Tellers Guide to Success by Valentina Burton
• The Secret of Numbers Revealed by Dr. Roy Page Walton, edited by cat yronwode
• Secrets of the Crystal Silence League by Claude Alexander Conlin, edited by cat yronwode and Deacon Millett

Product Details:
Format: Nine 96 page books (864 pages), trade paperbacks, illustrated
Publisher: Various
Publication dates: 2013-2019
ISBNs: Various
Tagged: Spells and Magic, Spirituality, Specials
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:04 pm

It's Facebook Fridays! for November 8, 2019, and we have a gift for someone -- an amazing collection of books!

The Lucky Mojo Curio Company is holding a random drawing to give away 1 outstanding prize which we are calling the "Cat Yronwode Editor Special." Included in your box will be seven books -- one copy each of "Legends of Incense, Herb, and Oil Magic" by Lewis de Claremont; "Genuine Black and White Magic of Marie Laveau" by Zora Neale Hurston, Catherine Yronwode, et al; "This Amazing Book" by Sunrae Products Company; "The Secret of Numbers Revealed" by Godfrey Spencer, Dr. Roy Page Walton, and Catherine Yronwode; "Secrets of The Crystal Silence League" by Claude Alexander Conlin; "The Black Folder" by Various Authors; and "The Red Folder" by Various authors. Five titles are part of the Lucky Mojo Library of Occult Classics, and two are collections of workshop flyers and lecture notes from the 2008 - 2019 Hoodoo Heritage Festivals. All seven of these amazing books on spell-casting, folk magic, herb medicine, and fortune-telling have been edited (and in some cases co-authored) by Cat Yronwode, and will be signed by her.

First thing tomorrow morning, we will select ONE winner at random, announce their name here, and ask them to message the Lucky Mojo Facebook Page with their mailing address, so we can send them their FREE Cat Yronwode Editor Special books.

catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Books, Pamphlets, Instruction Manuals, and Grimoires in Hoodoo”