• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

Vigil candles blown-out on purpose.... what to do???

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.

Vigil candles blown-out on purpose.... what to do???

New postby Mohammed » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:02 pm

I have a BIG problem... so to make a long story short.... I have an elderly relative living with me. I work during the day. There are certain days that the daughter comes by to visit the relative living with me. She insists on blowing out my vigil lights "because they are evil, and a hazard". She and my relative go out to lunch. I know it is her, because my relative told me the first time it happened, that "she was looking all over the altar, and making comments" and that "she blew out the candles before they left the house because they are a hazard and evil"

This woman is meddling. My altar is not in a prominent place in my home. I am not looking for ways or spells or recommendations to stop her, because she can't be stopped. She is so stubborn and strong willed, it isnt even funny. SHE is the evil one. She was charging her own elderly mother rent to stay in her home, before I took her in. Sorry to rant, just making an illustration... that is just the tip of the iceberg.

What I want to know is...

1. I have heard that one should never blow out the candles.... just to pinch out, or use a snuffer. Why exactly is it bad to blow them out? What happens when you do? These are the glass 7 days... so as we all know, they are lit, and burn down.... so I have quite a time re-lighting them.

2. How should I, for lack of a better word, recharge them when I have to relight them? -- and does this do anything to my intention?

3. Any suggestions? I am so sick of this. Its going to continue, and there is no use speaking to her, because her mind is so warped.

Thank you
Mohammed

Re: Vigil candles blown-out on purpose.... what to do???

New postby jwmcclin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:39 pm

Blowing out a candle signifies that you are done with doing the spell. If blown out, you will have to start over from the beginning.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

New postby ConjureMan Ali » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:26 pm

Well first, she's coming into *your* house and blowing out your candles, I would let her know that. As long as she is on your property, in your house she doesn't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to messing with your property. But that's besides the point ;-)

The concept behind blowing out the candle flame is a matter of tradition. Some traditions claim that its an insult to the spirit that resides in the flame or the candle. Other say that when you blow out a candle you are stating that you are done with the spell.

Either move the location of where you leave the vigil candles, maybe put them in the oven or bath tub, or in a small bowl of water in your room. Or set up a spell to keep her away from it.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

New postby Mama Micki » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:26 am

Put the candle in your bedroom in a dish of water and close the door. Do not let her in your room. Vigil candles are meant to be burned continously. If you can't do that, then dress freestanding 4" or 6" candles instead. They burn in a few hours and the results can be as effective.

My motto is "Adapt and overcome." Keep your eye on your goals and don't let anyone or anything get in your way. Thwarting your "evil" practices gives this woman a feeling of superiority that is backed up by her religious beliefs. (I believe that Devi mentioned that she had a similar experience with a relative, only worse.)

She probably would feel even more negatively about your sexual orientation, so it would be a good idea to do something to keep her out of your house altogether. Hotfoot, Fiery Wall of Protection, or even something stronger might be in order.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

New postby Devi Spring » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:31 am

Mama Micki wrote: This woman is set in her ways and thwarting your "evil" practices gives her a feeling of superiority that is backed up by her religious beliefs. (I believe that Devi mentioned that she had a similar experience with a relative.).

Oh boy did I ever! But I was lucky in that I lived a whole country away from her (I moved and instructed my mother to NOT give away even the name of the country that I went to to anyone in the extended family) - she just managed to do her damage through prayer warrior groups praying against me after finding info on my through the internet 10 years after I had divorced myself from the extended family. That was bad enough!

The VERY short amount of time when she did live in the same house as me when I was a teen, she did the most crippling psychic attack on me that I've ever experienced. I was so energetically devastated that I couldn't stop bawling for 8 hours, and it took 2 days for the physical shaking to stop. I had to sneak back in that house and move into a friends house to get away from her - I was 16.

Hot foot and mirror box the hell out of that woman and get her out of your life!!!!!!!!!!!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

New postby Tabbylove17 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:49 pm

I think that you should tell the elderly person that she is not welcomed there because she does not mind the rules of the house. Also she is not being a "good Christian" by touching your things without permission. I say move it into an area where you can lock the door so she can't get in. It's your house lay down the law! She can say all she wants, she is sinning just as much as you because, a good christian doesn't judge. It says in the bible that you can't judge. That lady is what I like to call a Biggit! Your house, Your candles, Your rules!
Tabbylove17

New postby CopperFox » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:02 pm

Mohammed,
I would continue buring the lights in good faith and try to put any possible negative effects of her extinguishing them improperly out of your mind. I'm sure many here have blown out an unfinished candle by mistake during spellwork and gone on successfully with the working. I cannot believe the spirits would hold her actions against you, a true and faithful believer.

Your kindness is apparent: from reading your previous postings and the fact you have taken in this relative in her time of need. Your adversary's lack of kindness/understanding is just as obvious -- I think you are right, there is probably no sense wasting your energy attemtping to change her behavior. I do not mean you shouldn't do work to protect yourself from her, but that there's clearly no honey jar sweet enough for the ol' vinegar pot!

As distasteful as it may be, I think those who are suggesting stealth are probably right on track. If you continue to work with the vigil lights, by all means, be careful; if her mind is as warped as you believe it is, she may arrange a candle fire just to vindicate her sick mind. (Look! See the outcome of those evil and hazardous candles!) NOT what you need! From personal experience, I can say I really like the 4" candles; they burn for 1.5 - 2 hours. Which for me means I can do focused candle work every morning/evening if I like and not have to worry about my bad kitty or curious children burning down the place by accident. If you feel very strongly about having a vigil light burning for a certain situation, you may want to look into having Ms. Cat set a light for you on her altar; I've heard very good things from others who have used this service.

Take care, friend, and let us know how you fare.
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121
CopperFox

New postby Mohammed » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Thank you everyone for your imput and ideas.
I am going to keep on keeping on, as it is..... ut us impossible to keep her away, as it is her daughter.
I guess I should try to do some sort of hot foot, because she stirs up trouble every time she is here.

Please know that I am not bashing Christianity, as I am Christian myself, it is just that she takes it to a whole new level.
Mohammed

New postby cabriellenil » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:54 pm

Do a barberry cross to keep her away from your property.

http://herb-magic.com/barberry.html
cabriellenil

• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells