Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Virginia Hoodoo Archeology Artifacts Anthropology Documents

News stories and historical documents relating to the practice of conjure. Brought to you by our sister-site, Southern-Spirits.com
Benita78
Forum Member

Virginia Hoodoo Archeology Artifacts Anthropology Documents

Unread post by Benita78 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:51 pm

I don't know if anyone has ever read the Va GhostVvolumes by L.B. Taylor, but there are some stories that talk about Hoodoo in "Va Ghost" Volume XIII. It begins on Chapter 30, page 110 and goes on to talk about several stories regarding hoodoo, hag riding ect. These were autobiographies written in the 1800's and I think it's neat finding about more info in Va. Where I live in Va has changed drastically and most of the people who knew about Hoodoo or knew stories have passed on, don't want to share too much info, ect. I know it sounds kinda silly to be excited by this find. but Va is boring and this adds a little more flavor to it!

kittynmoon

Re: VA Ghost Volumes discusses Hoodoo

Unread post by kittynmoon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:30 pm

Thank you. I use d to live in central VA. It was very hard to get any information from people. The seemed to like to keep it in families and the young lost interest. I will check out the book.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: VA Ghost Volumes discusses Hoodoo

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:53 pm

Thanks for that information...I like to hear about "new" sightings in books, newspapers, magazines, etc... I'll be on the lookout for that book...

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Hoodoo in History / Hoodoo in the News”