• Advertisement
Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm

Deities, Angels, Spirits, Saints: Selecting, Best Choices

Re: Questions about candles for Saints...

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Hello kimberlyanne.

kimberlyanne wrote:First question....if I don't have an actual candle made for a specific Saint, is there a list or reference page somewhere with this information? Or would white still be considered universal in this instance? I have seen the pages for Saints w/history & prayers on the LM website...but I don't recall there being mention of "colors"

Not every saint has a specific color candle associated with him or her in Catholicism, in fact most do not. In Catholic influenced folk magic many do, but not all. A good source for such info is "The Magical Power of The Saints" by Ray T. Malbrough. Avalabe from LuckyMojo here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html In general tho a white candle dressed with Holy Oil will do fine.

kimberlyanne wrote:Second...if I don't have an actual candle made for a specific Saint...can I dress a candle w/corresponding LM oils and selected herbs?

If its a saint that has an oil made by LuckyMojo then yes, but not every saint does.

kimberlyanne wrote:Third...how do I know what is considered an appropriate offering? I am guessing that whiskey/rum and coins are not the best choices here. I've read that I should place a glass of water next to the candle for St Expedite (I think he was the one) along with flowers. I've read mention of wine...and pound cake.

Here is where it gets a bit complicated. In Catholicism with very few exceptions technically you wouldn't make an offering to a saint, you can petition for their intersession on your behalf, but for many Catholics an offering comes too close to worship.

In folk magic tho this is not always so. In general a candle and a glass of water is good, but some saints have very specific and traditional offerings asked in return for there help. The most well know being the publication of thanks for Saint Jude in the newspaper and Saint Expedite's pound cake and flowers (or water or rum or red wine or coffee). <--- You see that? That's one of the discrepancy one sees all the time in such work, one person might say you must give red wine, another rum, and another still just water or fresh-picked flowers in water in the candle glass. I personally give a glass of water, you should do divination and ask the saint.

kimberlyanne wrote:So...do you put all of that there as you light & pray over the candle? Do you wait until your petition & prayers are answered? A sign? Movement?

Pay them their due when they have helped you, if they don't help you don't pay.

kimberlyanne wrote:Fourth...when you leave the pound cake/wine/flower....how long do you leave it? Do you replace it?

Until it gos stale.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby kimberlyanne » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:05 pm

Thx HD.

When petitioning a Saint...is it the same process/theory as writing a petition paper in other candle work? I haven't done any work with Saints...so this is some uncharted territory for me.
Kimberly Annie

“How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone”...Coco Chanel
kimberlyanne

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Kimberlyanne, at this point i would advise you to take a step back and read more about Catholicism and folk-Catholicism. You are approaching this from a piecemeal/case-by-case/outsider's viewpoint that is not grounded on a thorough understanding of the religion.

Seriously, one doesn't just waltz in and say, "I'm gonna petition Catholic saints" without having a deep appreciation for the Catholic church, for the cultural nuances of folk-Catholicism, and for the traditions of novena vows and spoken prayers.

You were given a good book recommendation with "Magical Powers of the Saints," and i advise that you also absorb the following web pages as well. The list is long. Please, do read them all before striking off into this "uncharted" territory.:

LUCK, PROTECTION, RELIGION, and MAGIC http://www.luckymojo.com/luckprotectionreligion.html

GODS AND SAINTS AS LUCKY FIGURES http://www.luckymojo.com/deityluck.html

PATRON SAINTS for various OCCUPATIONS and CONDITIONS http://luckymojo.com/patronsaints.html

AIRR: Category:Spirit Work http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... pirit_Work

AIRR: Category:Working Within the Catholic Tradition http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... _Tradition

AIRR: Category:Catholic Church Saints http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... rch_Saints

AIRR: Category:Catholic Folk Saints http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... olk_Saints

AIRR: Category:The Virgin Mary http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... irgin_Mary

AIRR: Category:Angels and Archangels http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... Archangels
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:05 pm

P.S.: From every one of those pages i listed above, you will find links leading to information on indvidual saints, some at Lucky Mojo and some at AIRR. Read them all!

For instance, just for starters, here are the Lucky mojo page and the AIRR page for a couple of saints whose names start with the letter "A" :

SAINT AGATHA CATHOLIC PATRON SAINT OF BREAST CANCER http://www.luckymojo.com/saintagatha.html

AIRR:Saint Agatha http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... int_Agatha

and

SAINT ANTHONY CATHOLIC PATRON SAINT OF LOST THINGS http://luckymojo.com/saintanthony.html

AIRR: Saint Anthony http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... nt_Anthony

Good luck, and most of all remember, if you have come to Catholic saint veneration and petitioning as a guest -- listen, learn, pay respect. Each saint is a unique entity -- there is no one way to venerate saints, there is no single or best prayer to speak, and there is no one form of thanks-offering that is to be made to all saints. Each has his or her own unqiue qualities, life history, interests, prayers, and cultural traditions.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby ablake » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:44 pm

Kimmie ---

Do not worry. This is a good path for hoodoo newbies like us. Once you research the above books and links it will start to make sense. I suggest you start with the Archangels section because I think most people believe or want to believe they have a guardian angel.

Good luck with the kittens...oh just the thought of them make me smile.
ablake

Unread postby Mama Micki » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:22 am

I agree with ablake. Start with angels, since they are universally regarded as God's messengers, and can be petitioned by those of any faith.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby kimberlyanne » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:46 am

Thanks family! This is good stuff! I really had NO idea where to start...and my interest has been peaked via discussion on the forum. Y'all are GREAT!!!

Cat...you are correct. I do not have a thorough understanding of Catholicism/folk-Catholicism. I was christened/baptized episcopalian...but I refer to myself as being "religiously challenged" (chuckle chuckle) because I personally don't understand why we can't all just get along...I just claim to be spiritual...find what works for me...and don't worry to much about the rest. My interest in other "stuff" has grown by seeing & reading discussions on the forum. Call it a hunger for knowledge so my practice can be well rounded.

ablake...my kindred newbie friend :D ....Archangels is/are a great suggestion. I do believe I have a guardian angel...actually as wild and crazy as I was I am sure I have more than 1...watching over & protecting me was a 27/7 job! Well, I'm still wild & crazy...just lower keyed than I was 8 years ago :roll: . Have I mentioned to you yet that my sisters first name begins with an "a" and her middle name is blake? And....I've been Kimmie or Kimber all my life to family & friends ;) ! Way cool....

I started this response last night...but got side tracked w/my baby kitties. Took them downstairs to have feeding time w/Grammie (85 w/Alzheimer's) it was time well spent!
Kimberly Annie

“How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone”...Coco Chanel
kimberlyanne

Is there patron saint for nurses and other questions..

Unread postby zee » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi all,

I am a nurse looking to advance my career with further education, but am running into the usual difficulties: not enough money, too many prereqs in the programs close to home, and so forth, and I cant make up my mind ( am an RN but want to get into a good NP program asap, with low tuition and easy location of preceptors..is such a thing/combo possible?)

I wanted to petition St Gregorio as he is for health workers, but wondered if there was also anyone else on whom I could /should call upon? I also wanted to work a spell for the same effect for smoothing the way and incorporate it in my daily work. I enjoy candle work, but it is difficult for me to put out honey jars as there is no secluded spot in my home...but maybe i can work around that...

I just finished deep spring cleaning of my home, on the mundane and spiritual levels, and tomorrow will begin a 7 day uncrossing ritual, as i have been advised that i might have the remains of a crossed condition that was not properly removed. After that i plan to light road opener candles for this purpose, and also 'activate' a prepared success mojo from LM...

I have read the page on St Gregorio but am still at a loss as to how to petition him on a daily basis..can anyone advise on this as well as on what else i could do to further my nursing career at a swift and smooth pace ?

Zee
zee

Re: Is there patron saint for nurses and other questions..

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:17 pm

If you are comfortable with saints then Saint Martha is good for getting your employers to favor you. I believe the LM site lists Saint Agatha as patroness of Nurses here: http://www.luckymojo.com/patronsaints.html

In addition to Road Opening consider working some Crown of Success conjure to help you succeed and excell in your work. Worked along side Steady Work can help you not only move forward in your career but can ensure you continued employment.

Good luck!
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Saints/Goddess

Unread postby danger » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:14 pm

What Saint/Goddess should I consider petitioning to for sexual attraction?
danger

Re: Saints/Goddess

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:20 pm

Best is the not used here in those terms but for the moment consider 'appropriate' Research the list of Saints (review the links below) or I would suggest purchasing Magical Power of the Saints: Evocation & Candle Rituals by Reverend Ray T. Malbrough (found here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html)

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... rch_Saints

http://www.luckymojo.com/patronsaints.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Saints/Goddess

Unread postby Turnsteel » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:21 pm

With saints there is no "best". It comes down to you, who you are comfortable working with and who you have or can build a relationship with.

I can not comment o "goddess" as hoodoo is christian folk magic and I have had no dealing with anything of that sort.

Also consider the Attraction, Lodestone,Magnet, Fires of Love, Adam and Eve(if you are trying for a hetro relationship) Q, Lavender Love Drops (If looking for a queer relationship) and Fast Luck lines of products. Also LuckyMojo maintains a large free spell archive with a lot of love/lust spells that might be able to help you. Free Love and Sex Spells

Good Luck
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

which saint can help with my injury

Unread postby adam283 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:16 pm

my deep fryer blew hot oil all over my hand n burnt it VERY bad second degree n blistered it up bad n i cant use it to write any petitions let alone put on a sock, the hosp gave me vicoden but it doesnt help much for the pain, i have LM all saints oil is there any way i can ask a saint for help with healing n help with pain??
adam283

Re: which saint can help with my injury

Unread postby blanca080 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:26 pm

The saint that deals with illness is saint lazarus...
blanca080

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed May 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Blessed Dr. Jose Gregorio Hernandez is also another good one to ask for medical aid.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby adam283 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:59 pm

would it be fine to just say his prayer n burn a candle without a petition? i can barely type let alone write
adam283

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed May 05, 2010 2:19 pm

The prayer is what is important - say the prayer and then speak to him in your own words. Do this while you hold the candle and dress it - then light the candle.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby reality9401 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:21 pm

I want to know what do I do if I don't have a front yard or back yard to bury dressing from a spell. What would be another option?
reality9401

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed May 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Crossroads
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby adam283 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Thank you Devi!
adam283

Unread postby CarinHuber » Wed May 05, 2010 2:36 pm

A search online suggests John the Apostle. One story says he raised from death 200 pagans who had been killed in a fire. Another tale tells how he was ordered beaten, poisoned, and thrown into a vat of boiling oil, from which he stepped unharmed. Sounds like just the guy for you to talk to! :) Many depictions of Saint John show him wearing a red cloak. This, combined with the fact of red being a fiery color, may suggest red as a good color of candle to dress with your Lucky Mojo All Saints Oil. Alternatively, you may prefer the cool healing of a blue candle.

Also, Lucky Mojo offers St. Florian Oil, dedicated to the patron saint of firefighters, who guards against death and loss through fire. He, too, may intercede on your behalf.
CarinHuber

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Wed May 05, 2010 4:37 pm

I don't work with saints too often, except for a few that I've had a relationship with from another tradition I work with, but I do enjoy invoking the archangels. Since you seem to have a good relationship with Saint Michael, you can try Saint Raphael who is known as Archangel of healing. He may be able to help you.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Which saints for love?

Unread postby ntsur2002 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 pm

I Would welcome any help on what would be the best spells as far as candle burning to bring someone closer to me ,help with making him think of me.....is there a particular saint that might be more helpful than others that i can ask for help?
ntsur2002

Re: Persuasive Candleburning

Unread postby Turnsteel » Wed May 12, 2010 8:36 pm

Hello ntsur2002 :)

ntsur2002 wrote:I Would welcome any help on what would be the best spells as far as candle burning to bring someone closer to me ,help with making him think of me
/

If you already know the man, and have a relationship but its not as passionate or as hot as you like then I suggest a Fires Of Love candle. If you are not in a relationship then a Love Me or Attraction candle would be best.

ntsur2002 wrote:is there a particular saint that might be more helpful than others that i can ask for help?

I see that you are going after a man, if you yourself are a guy you can petition Saint Sebastian, a true saint of gay love.

On a slightly related note I know someone is going to mention Saint Martha. I know that she is powerful but if you do not have a relationship with the guy then she may not be best for you.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby GoldenFlow7 » Thu May 13, 2010 1:59 pm

HailDiscordia,

Interesting what you wrote, who else would you recommend apart from St Martha? Just curious...

Thx!
Thank you God, Holy Spirit,St Martha, St Expedite, My Guardian Angel, Archangels, My Ancestors, Oshun and all Heavenly Hosts for hearing, answering my prayers and helping me each day!
GoldenFlow7

Unread postby Turnsteel » Thu May 13, 2010 7:59 pm

GoldenFlow7 wrote:HailDiscordia,

Interesting what you wrote, who else would you recommend apart from St Martha? Just curious...

Thx!

Off the top of my head, Saint Valentine,for heterosexual love, committed love tho, he was really big on marriage. And as I said, Saint Sebastian for gay love.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Unread postby blovinglife » Mon May 31, 2010 10:57 pm

Thank you so much, Sacred Heart of Jesus, St. Jude, St. Martha, St. Anthony, and St. Michael. I have been faithfully praying to all of you regarding a job that I have really wanted. I got it. I know all of you have been a powerful presence in my life and help this to materialize. Thank you so much. I will always pay homage to you and keep you in my heart. You've also helped me in restoring my broken relationships. I love all of you.

Peace & Light,
Blovinglife
blovinglife

Re: Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:47 am

Im glad that things worked out for you!
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby DrXTheRebirth » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:33 pm

Blessed be the saints!
Thank you St. Anthony, Ancestors and Expedite.
DrXTheRebirth

Re: Which saints for love?

Unread postby lucky7clover » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:57 pm

Generally speaking, St Martha is used for controlling and binding a particular man. I wouldn't use her to just attract a new love in general. I have heard from Doreen Virtue that St Catherine is used to find a mate for marriage. Other great saints to use are Virgin of Guadalupe, La Santa Muerte (she is her own system of Magic), Maria Delorosa, La Diosa del Mar (The Lady of the Sea)... the list can go on. If you use St Anne however, she is very flirtatious and probably won't send you a long-lasting relationship (which is what I've heard and also from some experience).
lucky7clover

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:17 pm

Saint Martha has been petitioned to keep u on someone's mind.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby j82 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:14 pm

I heard of praying to Arch angel gabrial for love, dont quote me on it just what i heard lol
j82

Unread postby lucky7clover » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Its probably Uriel has to do with love and emotions... but Grabriel probably wouldn't hurt either...
lucky7clover

Unread postby pisces78 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:06 pm

I use St. Martha for almost everything she is awesome. But what I would like to know is if you are using her for love do you use your own picture or the picture of the person you are working on or a picture of you and the person you are working on?
"Thank you St. Martha for everything you have done for me" *Pisces78*
pisces78

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:33 am

Its probably Uriel has to do with love and emotions... but Grabriel probably wouldn't hurt either...

Actually, it's Raphael who is prayed to for to bring a partner.

Here are two traditional Catholic prayers for such:

O Raphael, lead us toward those we are waiting for, those who are waiting for us: Raphael, Angel of happy meeting, lead us by the hand toward those we are looking for. May all our movements be guided by your Light and transfigured with your joy. Angel, guide of Tobias, lay the request we now address to you at the feet of Him on whose unveiled Face you are privileged to gaze. Lonely and tired, crushed by the separations and sorrows of life, we feel the need of calling you and of pleading for the protection of your wings, so that we may not be as strangers in the province of joy, all ignorant of the concerns of our country. Remember the weak, you who are strong, you whose home lies beyond the region of thunder, in a land that is always peaceful, always serene and bright with the resplendent glory of God. Amen.

St. Raphael, you were sent by God to guide young Tobiah in choosing a good and virtuous spouse. Please help me in this important choice which will affect my whole future. You not only directed Tobiah in finding a wife, but you also gave him guidelines which should be foremost in every Christian marriage: "Pray together before making important decisions." If through prayer we keep God as the "third Partner" in our marriage, we will have the strength and grace we need to always accept and do His will. Amen.

Pray 1 Our Father, 1 Hail Mary, 1 Glory be...
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:52 pm

pisces78 wrote:I use St. Martha for almost everything she is awesome. But what I would like to know is if you are using her for love do you use your own picture or the picture of the person you are working on or a picture of you and the person you are working on?

Well it depends on your situation. If you are looking for a particular lover, you can either put your picture and their picture facing yours and put it under the candle, OR you can put just the target's picture under the candle. If you are not looking for a particular lover, I would put your picture under the candle, along with attributes, and characteristics that you would like your lover to have.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: Thank You St michael

Unread postby latoy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:55 am

Thanks so much st michael, ur presence has changed my life, u are a great protector. Thankyou
latoy

Unread postby 2010luckyme » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:01 am

Thank you St. Martha, St. Jude, St. Joseph, St. Expedite, Virgin Mary, my Guardian Angel, and Archangel Michael for helping me, protecting me and working in harmony together to answer my prayers... bless all you wonderful Saints :)
2010luckyme

Unread postby pisces78 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:27 am

Thank you!
"Thank you St. Martha for everything you have done for me" *Pisces78*
pisces78

Choosing a saint

Unread postby ShadowyEmbrace » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:54 pm

Do you know a good saint?
ShadowyEmbrace

Re: Choosing a saint

Unread postby ShadowyEmbrace » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:00 pm

BTW I have read most of the info on this website not all of it I'm just very new to Hoodoo I realize I might be bugging you a bit LoL but thank you for your help!
ShadowyEmbrace

Re: Choosing a saint

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:47 pm

You are not bugging me Lol. This is a place to get help and learn. In any case, st anthony, and st martha help to bring a lover back to you, but st martha helps with the domination but she is not all about that. You can go on the forum and read about everyones experiences with these saints . Feel free to PM me if you need any more help.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Which love saint for my situation?

Unread postby ShadowyEmbrace » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:15 pm

I've gone through the various saints to use for love but for all that are familiar with my posts which one do you feel would best suit my situation and should I say an invocation before going into my petition?
ShadowyEmbrace

Re: Which love saint for my situation?

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:40 pm

Personally, I feel like you need to not do so many spells. I mean maybe in theory you are not, but from your posts it seems like you are doing quite a few spells at a time. For this situation, I wouldn't do more than 2 or 3 at a time because it can get quite draining. In any case, I would work with St. Anthony for reconciliation, and bringing back a lost love. What other Saints were you looking at?
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:01 pm

I always caution people who ask to petition saints, by first asking what they know about Catholic folk-magick.

I am not saying you need to be Catholic to petition a saint, but neither are they neopagan spirits that can be called upon by anyone. They requires a certain respect and protocal that is found within the Catholic tradition. If you are unfamiliar with this tradition, or if you are not willing to work with it then I recommend steering away from working with saints. I say this because there seems to be this sense of saints being nothing more than convenience-store spirits you can call upon when you like.

This isn't aimed at you, ShadowyEmbrace, I am merely saying this--especially after I just saw a youtube post by a young witch who was teaching people on how to call upon St. Expedite and who (wrongly_ claimed that he's actually a deity and not really a saint and brushed off years of Catholic influence.

Now, if you feel like you are familiar with the Catholic folk-magick tradition and that you are respectful of the religious and cultural traditions that give rise to saints then I'd suggest St. Anthony to help draw back a lost love and St. Peter to help open the paths for you.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Devi Spring » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:28 pm

I just saw a youtube post by a young witch who was teaching people on how to call upon St. Expedite and mentioned he's actually a deity and not really a saint and brushed off years of Catholic influence.

I've seen that one too and raised my eyebrow at the "deity" remark.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:40 pm

Perhaps an article needs to be written about this. I think people feel like they can work with any everything, and it is safe to do so because lucky mojo sells it, and many other people here work with such saints. I agree that there needs to be a level of respect when working with saints, and like anything else things need to be researched, and a level of understanding needs to be grasped by the person.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Devi Spring » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Honestly, that same thing NEEDS to go for every magical tradition, not just in hoodoo. There's too much gumball-machine-spirit mentality going around in my opinion. Superficial spirit work leads to superficial results - spend the time getting educated and developing relationships with spirits and watch how much deeper your magic will go.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ShadowyEmbrace » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm sorry everyone I didn't mean to come off like the Saints where simply gumball-machine-spirits I have the up most respect for all religions and have always admired Catholic traditions and artwork. I was raised very religious and have great respect I was simply inquiring but it may be best for me to not work with any saints in hoodoo until I'm more comfortable with it.
ShadowyEmbrace

Unread postby Devi Spring » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:34 am

ShadowyEmbrace, we weren't directing our comments at you specifically - it was just a comment on a modern trend of late in the Western magical communities. If you re-read ConjureMan's post to you, you'll see that. :)
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

What Saints??

Unread postby Untouchable » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:14 am

What saints do you use for break up/ separation or anything to get rid of a rival. Or cause fights with groups of people/friends?
What saints do you use for money, more customers and good health?
Untouchable

Re: What Saints??

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:42 am

St Jude is for helper of the hopeless-- I NEVER USE HIM UNLESS I REALLY NEED HIM, out of respect. I have used him for health issues, and even issues involving work and money. (publish his prayer and directions 9 days etc. once answered). St Jude has NEVER failed-- delay maybe, but always works.
St Michael is for protection. I have used him to protect me and my family from people who have been harmful.
St Anthony For "lost items"
St Expeditie for "rapid results", specific issues like a certain amount of money-- pay him with flowers and pound cake.
Your question is very general... I recommend you do a search. As for a Saint to get rid of a rival (I do not believe using the Saints for break up or anything negative-- but this is my belief-- not necessarily shared by all) but I would use St Michael for Protection for you from this person.
There are many Saints-- MANY--. Research, find the ones that can assist you. Give back to them as instructed to do so.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Untouchable » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:42 am

What about the Loas?? When do u use them?
Untouchable

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:43 am

Untouchable wrote:What saints do you use for break up/ separation or anything to get rid of a rival. Or cause fights with groups of people/friends?
What saints do you use for money, more customers and good health?

One, you do not "use" Saints anymore then you "use" Jesus Christ or God The Father, they are spiritual entity's you work with and petition.

Secondly, they're Saints, unless you have a really really really good reason they are not going to break up a couple.

I suggest you buy the book Magical Power of the Saints: Evocation & Candle Rituals by Reverend Ray T. Malbrough, its a good place to start, you can buy it here http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:45 am

Untouchable wrote:What about the Loas?? When do u use them?

You do not. Again you do not "use" them, and you can't just decide to work with them, they come from a religion with its own customs and rituals and a complex initiatory system, you would need the guidance of a H'ougan or Mambo to work with the L'wa.

And thats is all off topic for this forum.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:52 pm

I have always respected Haildiscordias replies. HD educated me today on word usage of the word "use" with regard to Saints. I had word regurgetation myself. I should have utilized another word-- a better word like prayer and should have been more clear myself. HD is correct, you do not "use: the Saints; moreover, I would not recommend for breakup work.
I have no knowledge of the the Loas.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:18 am

What we make, what they are used for, what they look like, what they cost, and the SKU you can use to order them:

St. Agatha Glass Novena Candle, Fixed
Patron of those suffering from breast cancer who is called on for protection from house fires, lightning, volcanic eruptions, and sexual assault.
8" tall; pink wax; fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-AGAT

Anima Sola (Lonely Soul) glass novena candle, fixed
Image of woman chained in flames; to harm and release from harm.
8" tall; red wax; fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-ANIM

Archangel Gabriel glass novena candle, fixed
God's Messenger; patron of telecommunication workers, dream interpretation, and conception.
8" tall; yellow wax; fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-ARGA

Archangel Metatron glass novena candle, fixed
Archangel of Sacred Geometry, also believed by some to be the Archangel of the New Age.
8" tall; white wax; fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-ARME

Archangel Michael glass novena candle, fixed
"Like Unto the Lord" -- defender of Heaven and Earth; patron of policemen, a powerful protector.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-ARMI

Archangel Raphael glass novena candle, fixed
Archangel of protection to young travellers; helper and healer of the blind, patron of fishermen.
8" tall; blue wax; fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-ARRA

Archangel Uriel glass novena candle, fixed
Archangel of light, patron of poets, artists, and musicians.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-URIE

St. Francis of Assisi Glass Noena Candle, Fixed
Appealed to for the health, well-being and protection of all animals; facilitates dream contact between deceased pets and their owners.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-FRAN

Guardian Angel (Angel de la Guarda) glass novena candle, fixed
Famed image of boy and girl on bridge with Angel; for protection.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-GUAR

Dr. Jose Gregorio Hernandez glass novena candle, fixed
Venezuelan Dr. Hernandez, patron of medical students, is known for his healing miracles.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-HERN

The Holy Family (Santisima Familia) glass novena candle, fixed
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph in a garden, the Holy Spirit dove between them.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-HOLF

The Holy Trinity (Santisima Trinidad) glass novena candle, fixed
Jesus and God the Father seated in Heaven, the Holy Spirit dove between them.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-HOLT

Jesus Christ the King glass novena candle, fixed
Enthroned Jesus holding the globe; prayer for mercy and restoration.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-JEKI

Jesus: Sacred Heart of Jesus (Sagrado Corazon) glass novena candle, fixed
Compassionate, gentle Jesus reveals his sacred heart.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-JESA

Just Judge (Justo Juez) glass novena candle, fixed
Jesus crucified, burn before and during court appearances for justice and mercy.
8" tall; brown wax; fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-JUDG

St. Lazarus Glass Novena Candle, Fixed
Patron saint of lepers, the sick, and those with AIDS.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-LAZA

Jesus Malverde Glass Novena Candle, Fixed
His help is sought by drug-dealers, illegal immigrants, and others otuside the law
8" tall; green wax; fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-MALV

Mano Poderosa (Powerful Hand) glass novena candle, fixed
Hand of Jesus supporting Saints, with Angels and Tools of Crucifixion.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-MANO

Maximon (San Simon) glass novena candle, fixed
Patron of Guatemala; ancient Mayan god represented as a black-suited peasant.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-MAXI

Nino de Atocha (Infant of Atocha) glass novena candle, fixed
Helps those in prison, kidnapped, missing, or living under political terrorism.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-NINA

Nino Fidencio glass novena candle, fixed
Mexican folk saint and healer whose herbal cures were based in ancient native practices.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-NINF

Infant of Prague Glass Novena Candle, fixed
$8.50
CAN-GLC-PRAG

Rose of Crucifixion glass vigil candle, fixed
A Rosicrucian candle for contemplation on the Mysteries of Jesus and Mary.
8" tall; pink wax; fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-ROSE

The Seven African Powers (Siete Potentias) glass novena candle, fixed
Seven Catholic Saints representing 7 African Orishas, plus Justo Juez.
8" tall; 7 color wax; fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SAFR

Saint Anthony of Padua glass novena candle, fixed
St. Anthony is said to help in the return of lost things and missing people.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SANT

Saint Barbara glass novena candle, fixed
St. Barbara aids those in need of strength; she is also associated with the Orisha Chango.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SBAR

Saint Christopher glass novena candle, fixed
St. Christopher is the Patron of motorists and travellers.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SCHR

St. Clare Glass Novena Candle, fixed
8" tall; purple wax; fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SCLA

Saint Cyprian glass novena candle, fixed
St. Cyprian is the Patron of occultists and spiritual workers.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SCYP

Saint Dymphna glass novena candle, fixed
St. Dymphna is the Patron of victims of child sex abuse, incest, rape, and the mentally ill.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SDYM

Saint Expedite glass novena candle, fixed
St. Expedite brings luck in a hurry; light his candle on a Wednesday for quick results.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SEXP

Saint Joan of Arc glass novena candle, fixed
St. Joan is the Patroness of France and the protector of all women soldiers.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SJOA

Saint Joseph with Jesus (San Jose) glass novena candle, fixed
Patron of workers; St. Joseph aids those wishing to sell real estate.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SJOS

Saint Jude (San Judas Thadeo) glass novena candle, fixed
Patron Saint of lost causes; prayer "to be said in cases despaired of".
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SJUD

Saint Martha the Dominator glass novena candle, fixed
Patron saint of servants and women who wish to rule and control.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SMAD

San Martin Caballero (Saint Martin of Tours) glass novena candle, fixed
A Roman Centurion who shares his cloak with a beggar; draws money and customers.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SMTC

Saint Martin de Porres glass novena candle, fixed
For charity and especially for the improvement of racial relations.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SMTP

Santisima Muerte (Santa Muerte, Holy Death) glass novena candle, fixed
Ancient Aztec goddess of the underworld transformed into woman's keeper of mens' fidelity.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SMUE

Saint Peter the Apostle glass novena candle, fixed
Patron of fishermen, ship-builders, stone cutters, locksmiths, and those with fevers.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SPET

Saint Raymond Nonnatus glass novena candle, fixed
Patron saint of those falsely imprisoned and of pregnant women wishing an easy labour.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-SRAY

Virgin: Our lady of Caridad el Cobre (Charity of Cobre) glass novena candle, fixed
Apparition of Mary who appeared near Cobre, Cuba and saved the lives of sailors, patroness of Cuba.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-VICA

Virgin: Maria Dolorosa de Monte Calvario glass novena candle, fixed
Sorrowful Mary, her heart pierced by swords, surrounded by heart effigies.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-VIDO

Virgin: Our Lady of Grace glass novena candle, fixed
Her aid is sought by those in need, especially for healing miracles.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-VIGR

Virgin: Our Lady of Guadalupe (N. S. de Guadalupe) glass novena candle, fixed
Patroness of Mexico, surrounded by vignettes of her miracles.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-VIGU

Virgin: Our Lady of Loreto (Loretto) Glass novena Candle, Fixed
Patron of aviators, builders, and those seeking a new home.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-VILO

Virgin: Our Lady of Mount Carmel (N. S. de Carmen) glass novena candle, fixed
Patroness of the scapular, grantor of pardons after death.
8" tall; brown wax; fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-VIMT

Virgin: Our Lady of the Sacred Heart glass novena candle, fixed
The crowned Virgin holds the Infant Jesus, displaying His tiny flaming heart in Her hand.
$8.50
CAN-GLC-VISH
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Working with Saints: Choosing the Appropriate Saint

Unread postby gsk » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:22 am

Hello everyone

I would be extremely grateful for your thoughts.

I am extremely concerned for a person I am very close to. He has fallen into a depression and has hidden himself away from everybody he loves. Very natural for a clinically depressed person.

I am wondering if there is a saint that I can pray to to help heal him? Depression can be so difficult to climb out of. I have heard so many good things about St Expedite; would he be appropriate at all? We all want him to feel better as soon as possible, but depression is obviously quite complex.

I'd like to ask another question as well. If you petition St Expedite using a seven-day candle, what should you do if your wish has not been granted before the candle burns out?

Thanks for your help.
gsk

Re: Choosing the Best Saint

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:59 am

St. Expedite would not be appropriate for this situation. He is worked with for speedy assistance, and for even procrastination issues. I would recommend that you work with st.dymphna as she is great for mental health issues such as this.

http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... nt_Dymphna
Her candle can be found here under the saints section.
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html

I would also recommend doing an egg cleansing on this person as well.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: Choosing the Best Saint

Unread postby gsk » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:12 am

Perfect, thank you for the suggestion!

Unfortunately, silly me had already started on a seven-day candle for St Expedite. I had read so many testimonials and references saying he can help with ANY issue, and I just wanted to try for a quick boost to help asap. Oh dear. What shall I do?
gsk

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics