Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Moonchild720

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by Moonchild720 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:25 pm

Last night I finished burning a skull candle I dressed for an ex. We had been together 5 years. I burned a blue candle for healing. I carved her name in the back of the skull. Everything burned down, except the back of the skull with her name. Also appears to be a heart in the melted wax. She contacted me today. When I responded she never replied. What could this mean as far as the back of the skull not melting and there being a heart. I’d like to post a pic but not sure how.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:26 pm

Hello Moonchild720,

I'm sorry but we do not provide custom divination on the forum, as that is a paid service provided by professional rootworkers. If you would like a specific reading on your situation, you can contact a member of AIRR who can do a divination on your candle burn. You can find members here:
www.readersandrootworkers.org/

Speaking in general terms, however, any part of a skull candle that does not burn is an indication of the message not getting through. For example, if the mouth does not burn, it can be a sign that your target would not speak the thoughts you implanted in their head; if the eyes do not burn, then they would resist seeing clearly, etc. A reading could help you understand the specific results you had.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Moonchild720

Unread post by Moonchild720 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:59 pm

No problem thank you

lawofattraction2000

Unread post by lawofattraction2000 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:26 pm

Hello! General question on when burning candles on top of a honey jar- I melt the bottom of the candle (pink) with a lighter so that it sticks on the top of the honey jar; however, Ive noticed that the pink wax turns black at the bottom- could this be a faulty batch of candles or just the way im going about melting the wax?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:33 pm

Hello lawofattraction2000,

I sometimes do that too, to help a candle stick to the lid. I disregard any discoloration in the wax drippings as a function of physics associated with this approach, not a sign of anything spiritual or manufacturing in origin. Just proceed with your work and trust in a positive outcome.

crazycatlady
HRCC Student

Unread post by crazycatlady » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:23 pm

At the beginning of a candle burning, the flame was dancing a lot. I did read the LM page on ceromancy and I understand that means the person the work is for is being affected. I get that. Here is where the confusion comes in: the candle was for St Martha; today is Tuesday. Does this mean it is affecting her, that she’s working with me, or that it is affecting my target in which she is assisting me with?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:57 pm

Hello crazycatlady,

If the candle was to petition Saint Martha for help, I would take it to mean that she has heard your request. If the candle was for work on your target, it would mean that he is being affected.

Good luck with your spell.

This is the first book that ever explained candle divination signs in hoodoo and Spiritualist practices.

The Guiding Light to Power and Success by Mikhail Strabo, edited by Catherine Yronwode

This ground-breaking work was originally sold via ads in Black-owned newspapers, and it opened up a nation-wide conversation on the increasing importance of conjure work with candles. The author was a participant-observer and documentarian who respectfully verified the sources of his information from workers in the African-American Spiritual Church Movement, to compile a complete manual of home and church altar candle services for use in churches and by home practitioners. This famous hoodoo grimoire contains more than 50 candle and lamp spells for protection, love, wealth, and luck. Now, with 32 additional illustrated pages by editor catherine yronwode, The Guiding Light is back in print, bigger and better than ever. Chapters include: How to Set Up a Candle Altar, One-Candle Rites with Psalms, Seven-Candle Planetary Rites, Eight-Candle Sacred Octaves, Nine-Candle Catholic Novenas, Ten Ancient Oil Lamp Devotions, Twelve-Candle Zodiacal Rituals, How to Use Seals with Candles, and Candle-Magic Around the World. An inspirational occult classic, it remains a popular source-book to this day.

BOO-GRI-GUID
The Guiding Light to Power and Success by Mikhail Strabo, edited by Catherine Yronwode
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
https://www.luckymojo.com/guidinglightt ... ccess.html

CONTENTS

DEDICATION 4
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS 4
... Author’s Preface, 1942 5
... Editor’s Preface, 2020 5
CHAPTER 1:
... From the Flame to the Candle to Our God 6
CHAPTER 2:
... The Light in Your Soul 13
CHAPTER 3:
... Preparing the Altar 15
CHAPTER 4:
... The Light on the Altar 18
CHAPTER 5:
... Preparing Yourself 20
CHAPTER 6:
... Power of One: Single-Candle Rites 24
CHAPTER 7:
... The Power of Seven: Planetary Candles 39
CHAPTER 8:
... The Power of Eight: The Sacred Octave 50
CHAPTER 9:
... The Power of Nine: The Holy Novena 61
CHAPTER 10:
... The Power of Ten: Oil Lamps on the Altar 66
CHAPTER 11:
... Power of Eleven: The Sacred Seals 69
CHAPTER 12:
... The Power of Twelve: Zodiac Candles 74
CHAPTER 13:
... Sundry Candle Beliefs 82
EDITOR'S AFTERWORD:
... Hoodoo Candle Magic, 1931 - 1943 88
... About This Revised and Expanded Edition 89
... The Man Who Was Mikhail Strabo 90
... Guidance House Publications 94
POSTLUDE, 1942 95
BIBLIOGRAPHY 96

First Edition 2020

Published by
The Lucky Mojo Curio Company
6632 Covey Road
Forestville, California 95436
www.luckymojo.com

crazycatlady
HRCC Student

Unread post by crazycatlady » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:34 pm

Thank you so much Miss Athena! Either one is good, but I am glad that it is affecting my target as the petition was written for the target. And a couple days ago I received a very positive sign from St Martha that she was willing to work with me.

viennayeung

Unread post by viennayeung » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:48 am

I was wonder if anyone could shed some lights.

I have been burning multiple candles for 1 wish/intent. So, the candles on my honey burn usually burn clean - no smoke, no remains. I also burned a candle on a candle burner with just a petition, and it has a little bit of remains (like 2mm?). I am also burning a candle in a jar, and it has a layer a wax sticking on near the top and back of the jar (about 3cm in length). I wonder why all the candles show different signs. How can I interpret them given that they are all for the same intention?

Also, yesterday I used a knife to lightly scrape off the top wax in the glass jar so it bent down to get more heat to melt. I didn't think too much about it. But was it actually wrong for me to do so? Should I start a new candle then?

Thank you for help in advance.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:15 am

Hello viennayeung,

It's impossible to interpret your candle results on the forum. You would need to get a proper reading on your situation to better understand what is happening. You can find readers here:

As for scraping off the wax, don't worry as this is a common practice. You're not hurting your work by doing so.

crazycatlady
HRCC Student

Unread post by crazycatlady » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:06 am

I was performing a candle spell dressed with an oil and herb, and I didn’t like the way the candle was acting while burning. It went out a couple of times on its own and the size of the flame was changing rapidly. I believe this occurred because of how I put the herbs on the candle: after dressing it with oil I rolled it in the herb, and I think there was too much herb on it, so the melted wax continued to “pool up” and drown the wick at times. I snuffed the candle and started a new one, this time only sprinkling some of the herb onto it. That time, I had no issues. Is it ok that I stopped the first candle and prepared another one, starting over? Would this have a negative affect on my spell?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:17 am

Hello crazycatlady,

No, you did the right thing by starting a new candle. Do be careful with overloading a candle with herbs, as this will affect the way the candle burns. A little goes a long way.

Good luck with your spell!

Laky

Unread post by Laky » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:20 pm

This question has probably already been answered but I couldn't find one anywhere so: are certain waxes better than others for certain spells? For example is beeswax better for love spells? Or paraffin is better for hexing? Do you think one type of wax is inherently better for spell work than others? I'm looking to make my own candles but I'm not sure on which type of wax to use

Evan Lionhart
Site Admin

Unread post by Evan Lionhart » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:25 am

Hi Laky,

I'd say it's more of a question of spiritual/magical properties than necessarily being "better". Different organic materials carry different energies.

Beeswax is often used in love candle and spells because of its linkage to Venus and sweetness (bees). You could pour a crossing candle with paraffin but I'm sure there are many workers/companies who use paraffin for everything else, as well.

I personally use soy wax.
Evan Lionhart of Lionhart Candles&Curios

TaurusGirl

Unread post by TaurusGirl » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:53 am

Happy New Year, Lucky Mojo Friends!

So I have a feeling that I already know what the answer to my question will be, but here goes - I'm ready for feedback with an open mind. There's a man with whom I am deeply in love (and him with me,) and we recently transitioned from a two-year romantic relationship, to a platonic friendship where we see about resuming our courtship. He has meanwhile taken another lover (and there was overlap, not in a way that she or I was fully comfortable with.) have told him to dump her, and at first he resisted but last week he said he would do so for me, within two weeks (my timeline.) He said he'd do it in a week. I started some candle burns to support this - one at home, several with an AIRR member.

My burn, at home, is basically to get her out. It's still burning steadily, but with more wax on one side. Currently, in the glass I see soot in the shape of a penis, entering a wax ring on 'her' side which resembles a vagina. Not to be too graphic, but is entering, or pulling out I wonder? The candle is about halfway done burning, so I wonder if this means they'll keep having sex, or that they are stopping? Do I need to wait and see? I don't mind admitting if one of my burns is a fail, but I can't PERSONALLY be objective about this situation bc I love my target, so much. I would choose to believe it means they are going to stop having sex, but I honestly doubt that's how I would interpret it if were someone else's candle!!!

ETA: This woman also told him that I was back 'with him,' she would leave. She claims to love him - he claims not to love her. And he and I openly admit to being the love of each others' lives. It's a mess, I know.

Thanks in advance.

TaurusGirl

Unread post by TaurusGirl » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:09 pm

Ok ... so I was way premature in my earlier post and I was projecting! Whatever is showing up in the glass (we probably have one day left for the candle to finish burning,) it is NOT a penis and vagina. Lesson learned... never rush to a divination!

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:38 am

TaurusGirl,

Yes! I agree. I will read the flame while the candle is burning but I leave the wax until it's completely done and hardened. If you find it hard to be objective with the reading (it happens) then I suggest contacting a reader and sending a picture of the wax for them to divine.

You can find professional readers at AIRR that provide this service: https://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... or_Clients

You can also order this book which is the first book published to discuss candle divination.

This ground-breaking work was originally sold via ads in Black-owned newspapers, and it opened up a nation-wide conversation on the increasing importance of conjure work with candles. The author was a participant-observer and documentarian who respectfully verified the sources of his information from workers in the African-American Spiritual Church Movement, to compile a complete manual of home and church altar candle services for use in churches and by home practitioners. This famous hoodoo grimoire contains more than 50 candle and lamp spells for protection, love, wealth, and luck. Now, with 32 additional illustrated pages by editor catherine yronwode, The Guiding Light is back in print, bigger and better than ever. Chapters include: How to Set Up a Candle Altar, One-Candle Rites with Psalms, Seven-Candle Planetary Rites, Eight-Candle Sacred Octaves, Nine-Candle Catholic Novenas, Ten Ancient Oil Lamp Devotions, Twelve-Candle Zodiacal Rituals, How to Use Seals with Candles, and Candle-Magic Around the World. An inspirational occult classic, it remains a popular source-book to this day.

BOO-GRI-GUID
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

CONTENTS

DEDICATION 4
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS 4
... Author’s Preface, 1942 5
... Editor’s Preface, 2020 5
CHAPTER 1:
... From the Flame to the Candle to Our God 6
CHAPTER 2:
... The Light in Your Soul 13
CHAPTER 3:
... Preparing the Altar 15
CHAPTER 4:
... The Light on the Altar 18
CHAPTER 5:
... Preparing Yourself 20
CHAPTER 6:
... Power of One: Single-Candle Rites 24
CHAPTER 7:
... The Power of Seven: Planetary Candles 39
CHAPTER 8:
... The Power of Eight: The Sacred Octave 50
CHAPTER 9:
... The Power of Nine: The Holy Novena 61
CHAPTER 10:
... The Power of Ten: Oil Lamps on the Altar 66
CHAPTER 11:
... Power of Eleven: The Sacred Seals 69
CHAPTER 12:
... The Power of Twelve: Zodiac Candles 74
CHAPTER 13:
... Sundry Candle Beliefs 82
EDITOR'S AFTERWORD:
... Hoodoo Candle Magic, 1931 - 1943 88
... About This Revised and Expanded Edition 89
... The Man Who Was Mikhail Strabo 90
... Guidance House Publications 94
POSTLUDE, 1942 95
BIBLIOGRAPHY 96

First Edition 2020

Published by
The Lucky Mojo Curio Company
6632 Covey Road
Forestville, California 95436
www.luckymojo.com
A Tarot Reading, Bone Throwing, Tactical Conjuress
HRCC Graduate #2145

Reinaj

Unread post by Reinaj » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:39 am

Hello everyone, I’ve finished burning my candle and I’m having a hard time finding someone to do a reading for me. I had no issues burning my candle but I have a ring of wax at the bottom of the glass and I don’t know if that’s a good or bad sign. Any advice is helpful.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:20 pm

Hello Reinaj,

Generally speaking, a ring of wax as you describe is a sign of obstacles or resistance to the work.

If you want a more precise opinion, you can find readers and rootworkers who can read your wax remains here:

Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR) -- Economical, pre-paid scheduled readings and rootwork help
http://readersandrootworkers.org

Hoodoo Psychics (1-888-4-HOODOO) -- instant telephone readings for immediate answers to important questions
http://hoodoopsychics.com

Good luck!

Ethereal48
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Ethereal48 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:39 pm

Hello everyone, I had the weirdest experience last night with a sour jar I have going. It’s a lemon break up spell which I have submerged in a jar and topped with vinegar. I am burning nine candles on it before deploying in my targets yard / place of residence.

Last night was the fourth candle I had burning. As per the other 3 every drop of wax is being consumed with a very tall strong flame. The flame looks angry while it’s burning but it’s tall and strong. Last night after praying over it I settled into bed and was woken about 2 hours later with really bright strobe like lights shining from the toilet where I work the jar a leave the candle to burn out and not only that but the sounds were that of a heart stopping and starting .The flame right at the end of the wick (it was right at the end of the burn ) was flashing like a bright strobe light. The sounds it was making woke me. It was making explosion sounds like that of a gun going off then heartbeat rhythms and then the heartbeat would end and would try to revive itself ... finally with one last gun sound it finished.

I’ve never ever experienced any candle burns like that.

Anyone have any ideas on that?

Anyone experienced anything so loud and so real sounding?

I honestly thought there was a gun going off.
HRCC G2020
Thank you St Lazarus
Thank you Archangel Michael

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:47 am

Dear Ethereal48 --

I have heard popping sounds, which folks in the Spiritualist Church told me were spirits trying to get through, but this sounds different.

I think you are bringing your power to this enemy pretty strongly!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Ethereal48
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Ethereal48 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:40 am

Thank you Miss Cat :) I too have never experienced this before. I’ve heard hisses and pops and seen images in the flames themselves but this was something else altogether. The sounds of gunfire and a beating heart right to the end was something I will never forget. I too thought the same, that the work is affecting my target as intended and rather viciously. Thank you so much for your response. Much love from Australia :)
HRCC G2020
Thank you St Lazarus
Thank you Archangel Michael

Brujo_Sireno

Unread post by Brujo_Sireno » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:13 pm

It finally happened: I broke a plate with candles. The herbs I had left as a pattern caught fire, cracked the plate and burnt. Genuinely should have followed my common sense telling me it was too much on the plate. Lesson learned.

I didn’t have a bad feeling at all and a little bit of the flame was still burning, so I took a little candle to transfer it to a glass encased candle.I dressed it and prayed over it to finish the working.
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:28 pm

Brujo_Sireno ,

Everyone of us has a candle flame story! It is important to use safety and precaution when working with candles and flames. It certainly can be read as a sign, most would see it as a sign, depending what the work is for. I place candles in a metal pan with sand and burn them in a fire safe spot like a bathtub.

Nice job on continuing the work and pushing on, praying over the work that attitude, that perseverance will pay off in doing hoodoo.

JayDee
HRCC Graduate #2156, Forum Moderator, Reader and Root Worker.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:26 pm

Hello Brujo_Sireno,

This kind of situation can be the result of a number of things, be it a spiritual sign or interference, a consequence of environmental effects, lack of commitment or indication that one should not be performing this particular work. It is impossible to assign reason or conclusion without a proper reading on your situation.

Personally, when I hear of such a thing, and when someone such as yourself says they ignored their common sense in preparing their spell, it suggests that they may not have been as invested in the work as they believed themselves to be. Lack of care or sloppiness in general is a form of apathy, so moving forward, I would ensure you are committed to the goal of your work enough to take your time and prepare properly. Don't ignore tradition or your instinct, as both will keep you from making these kinds of mistakes again.

Good luck.

Brujo_Sireno

Unread post by Brujo_Sireno » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:51 pm

Miss Athena and JayDee, thank you.

I saw my mistake in second guessing myself at the last minute and now I regret it. I think Spirit was also telling me it wasn’t time for that particular working just yet. Like there are obstacles to be removed beforehand and that’s what I need to work on next. That’s my instinct, not from a reading though.

I greatly appreciate the advice and input though.
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:58 pm

Brujo_Sireno ,

You are so welcome. Always listen to your gut (Intuition), cleanse your area and yourself after this happens and continue the work. You can always contact an AIRR members for a reading if you need clarity on it as well.

Airr Readers: http://missionaryindependent.org/associ ... rkers.html

Reinaj

Unread post by Reinaj » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:51 am

It hurts me to say that I have decided to stop doing any candle that I have been working on. For over a month I have been trying to get someone to read my candles for some guidance, I don’t know if anything is how I want it to, and I’m just not feeling confident about anything anymore. Maybe I’ll come back to it but right now I’m not so sure

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:19 am

Reinaj,

We do not do candle readings on the forum, but you can reach out to an AIRR member who can interpret the candles for you, you can also have the Missionary Independent Church burn candles for you, they will send a candle report when it is done.

AIRR: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/A ... ootworkers
Missionary Independent Church Candle Services: http://missionaryindependent.org/candle-services.html

You can also learn a great wealth of information though reading of several books published by Lucky Mojo on these topics. This candle burning book is a great asset: https://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html

JayDee

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:32 am

The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

Use in Magic:
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic: Conjure and Spiritual Church Services in Rootwork,"</span><br> by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo</b><br>Candle magic is one of the foundational practices within African American hoodoo folk-magic. Spell-casters of every level of experience within the community know the value and efficacy of setting lights, This book is actually three books in one filled with history, teachings, traditions, and instructions on how to become a candle magic practitioner, how to provide candle ministry services to clients, and how to conduct public candle-light services.<br>96 pages, trade paperback.

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in spells of love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
96-page paperback, illustrated

BOO-GRI-AHCM
$9.00

https://www.luckymojo.com/theartofhoodoocandlemagic.html

Use in Magic:

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in spells of love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
96-page paperback, illustrated

BOO-GRI-GUID
$9.00

catherine yronwode

Ladybug48

Unread post by Ladybug48 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:42 pm

I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I had something freaky happen with my Peaceful Home glass candle overnight. I have been burning it only when my husband is home with me (we're in a trial separation right now, living apart), putting it out when he leaves, and I burn it out of sight upstairs so he is unaware of it when he is here.

Well, last night he ended up sleeping over so I had no opportunity to sneak upstairs and put out the candle, and I know from past burnings of LM glass candles that they have always, for me, burned very smoothly and cleanly with no problems (I know, I know, I hear you cringing!)

Well, around 2-4 am, my smoke alarm beeped just a few times then stopped - this has never happened and it took me a minute to even realize what could have caused the three beeps I heard. Then I remembered the candle, ran upstairs, and the candle was smoking inside, the glass was totally black from soot, and I was frightened so I blew it out (I normally would never blow out a spell candle but I was panicked).

The flame looked high and erratic when I blew it out. I wasn't able to look into it further until my husband left this afternoon. First, there is still a good 1/3 of the candle wax left. The glass is completely intact and unbroken, but the black soot is so 'baked into' the inside of the glass that I am unable to clean it off, but using a long-handled wick trimmer, I was able to cut off a good inch of twisted up, wrong-looking blackened wick. And from what I can see looking into the glass with my naked eye, the wick looks possibly defective or deformed. Either way, I'm not going to use this candle any further and have no choice but to consider the spell ended, badly, and I have another Peaceful Home candle that I can burn in the future.

Until this incident, I've probably burned this candle five or six times over the past few weeks, for about 5 to 7 hours each time, and it burned cleanly every time, no soot at all, clear glass, only very minor wick trimming needed. So everything was seemingly perfect until this fire hazard crazy event in the middle of the night last night.

I'm not sure how to 'read' this whole event, as my home has been super peaceful and my relationship with my husband is going wonderfully as we work toward reuniting, so what meaning does this have or is it maybe just a defective/deformed wick and doesn't mean anything?

One other question I have - I just received an order of 6 LM glass vigil candles and notice that the new batch of candles are a bit smaller in diameter and have different wicks - the prior candles had a rectangular silver wick holder on the bottom and the new, smaller candles all have a round silver wick holder instead.

Why the changes, or is it normal that LM glass vigil candles vary slightly like this from order to order?

Thank you in advance for any and all help!

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:56 pm

Ladybug48 ,

I am sorry to hear about your candle situation. One issue with letting glass candles burn then putting out and burning again is that it can cause a disturbance in the burn, can affect the steady burn and how evenly the candle burns. When you put it out and light it again it will also produce smoke in the glass.

That being said, a candle burn like yours is a bad sign to the work, it may indicate trouble coming to the peaceful home, or whatever the petition was. You could have someone working on you and it is why this happened. This is why we suggest readings with AIRR members to tell what is going on, and to advise on which workings to do.

It is best to start over and see how this candle burns.

After the burn you had, I strongly suggest taking a spiritual bath, and cleansing your entire house. Then resetting the candle.

I am not sure on the candle size question, that can be based on availability. I do know wick bottoms come in different sizes and bottoms based on the manufacture of the wicks.

JayDee

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:16 pm

Ladybug48 --

JayDee is right about the bad burn. Take it seriously. It is foolish of folks to cast a spell, see really horrible signs, and then ask, "That was all just a coincidence, right?" I mean, either you are into magic, even when the result is a warning, or you are not. You can't change your plan just because you got a bad candle burn.

Do like JayDee suggested -- bathe, cleanse, and put up some protection.

As for candle sizes -- since the Covid pandemic started we have had a difficult time getting candles. We had to go to a different supplier, just to get some in stock. We intend to return to our regular supplier as soon as they can get some wax in stock. Times are tough!
catherine yronwode

24Kpink

Unread post by 24Kpink » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:52 pm

Hello everyone ...
I just finished up a break up work using one if LM's black divorce candles and I'm curious on how to interpret the results...
The candle burned steadily, with a tall, strong, steady flame.

The middle pillar and the male burned down into a puddle of wax, while the female fell away as it burned and twisted so she was lying face up in the wax puddle when the candle went out.

I'm not exactly sure what to make if this result. Does this mean the male was completely open to the breakup but she is not? I welcome your insights.

Many thanks!
24Kpnk

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:10 pm

Hello 24Kpink,

It sounds to me like that is a real possibility, but we can't know for sure here on the forum. You would want to have a proper divination for more clarity, and for this I would recommend you contact a member of AIRR for a reading to find out what is going on in their relationship. That reader can also divine on the meaning behind these particular results, either from your description or from photographs that you provide. You can find: members of AIRR here:

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:10 pm

People do have a lot of questions about how to interpret or read candles, such as:

* candle flames (including popping, hissing, low, high, and flickering flames)

* candle wicks (including knotted or split wicks)

* candle wax (on both free-standing and encased candles)

* candle glass (including breaking and smoke patterns on glass)

* candle remains (including shapes, unexpected fires, and scorch marks)

We cannot answer specific questions here in the forum. Reading candles and candle glass is like reading tarot. It's something you either do for yourself or you can hire a professional to conduct he reading.

To educate yourself, i have written the following FREE web page:

https://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

And there is more information on spells that involve candle burning -- and candle reading -- in this book

BOO-GRI-AHCM

$9.00

Many of the readers at AIRR will do photo-readings of your candle wax burn. Their prices may vary for the services -- and some may do the reading by phone, while others will do so by email.

Go to the AIRR site and look through the readers, then book one who advertises that he or she performs candle divinations.

If you want to hire a reader or a rootworker, start with these two sites and look them over:

The Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR)
https://readersandrootworkers.org

Hoodoo Psychics at 1-888-4-HOODOO (HP)
https://hoodoopsychics.com

AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics have their own Facebook pages and you can follow their feed by going to these page and LIKING them.

AIRR Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/ReadersandRootworkers

HP Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/HoodooPsychics

There are two pages at the AIRR site that are also very helpful if you are looking for a reputable root doctor:

Suggestions For Clients
https://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... or_Clients

Questions to Ask Your Reader, Rootworker, or Conjure Doctor
https://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... ure_Doctor

Also, to avoid scammers, read the HITAP page on

"Readers, Rootworkers, and Black Gypsies"
https://luckymojo.com/blackgypsies.html

and the AIRR page on

"Fake Psychics"
https://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... e_Psychics

Good luck!
catherine yronwode