Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
NYStarchild

Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by NYStarchild » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:51 pm

Hi JayDee! Thanks so much for such a prompt reply! Ok, will do!! Also, great question. I forgot because I'm a super busy entrepreneur and ran a bit out of time that day due to some unexpected opportunities that came up. I was just SUPER focused on getting the names on the paper correct, reading the tips on the Lucky Mojo page about Honey Jars, and adding the special oils I had, and making sure I got myself in the right mindset. The photos were actually parenthetical, in my mind. Then the next day, it hit me that I had forgotten them and wouldn't mind adding them but that it wasn't a disaster if I didn't because it's more about what I feel when I do this rather than a paper with an image. Better time management is something that I am working on each day. :-) Some days are more successful than others. But maybe I've answered my own question here too as you've made me think... Thank you!

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:53 pm

NYStarchild ,

As a practitioner I read that you forgot them as a sign of distraction, energy is unfocused or some other reason to the work. Going back and correcting it is what I would do as well. Now pay attention to those individuals and add extra energy and focuses to show you are serious and focused on your goal like a laser.

JayDee
HRCC Graduate #2156, Forum Moderator, Reader and Root Worker.

NYStarchild

Unread post by NYStarchild » Mon May 03, 2021 6:45 am

Aw, JayDee. THANK YOU for this!! I will and am ON it!!!

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Mon May 03, 2021 12:27 pm

NYStarchild ,

You are so welcome I hope for the best and cannot wait to heart about your success!

JayDee

Inanna in Diaspora

Unread post by Inanna in Diaspora » Tue May 11, 2021 11:03 am

Hello,

I made a sweetening jar for my ex and I just realized that I forgot to put personal concerns in it. I do have some hair of his from a pair of underwear, he is bald and grows almost no other hair on his body.

The jar contains:
Organic honey
Lavender
Rose buds
A happy picture of us together
A petition to sweeten him to me.

I put the folded petition inside the folded picture.

Should I open the jar and try to add personal concerns to the petition?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue May 11, 2021 11:25 am

Inanna in Diaspora,

Yes, you should -- but also take into consideration that when you leave out an important part of a traditional spell such as this, it may be that either

• you are not yet sufficiently connected to the tradition to understand the root and basis of the work,
or
• you may know the basis of the work but lack focus on your work.

The fact that you ask this question points to the first alternative -- being new at this and not sure of the tradition. So, in addition to answering your question with a "yes," i am also going to suggest that you buy this simple, fact-packed book -- in which your question and dozens of others are answered in detail, and you will receive 100 spells you can do yourself:

Bottle Up and Go! by catherine yronwode and Lara Rivera

Use in Magic:
This foundational book of conjure methods will introduce you to more than 100 time-tested ways to cast magic spells for protection, love, luck, wealth, health, and revenge within a variety of containers including:
• Eggs, Bones, Shells, and Fruits
• Potted Plants and Hollow Trees
• Paper, Cloth, and Leather Packets
• Mojo Hands and Troll Bundles
• Doll-Babies and Loaded Statuary
• Glass Bottles and Jars
• Sugar, Cigar, and Match Boxes
• Mirror Boxes and Compacts
• Loaded Oil Lamps and Candles
• Ice Boxes and Freezers
• Black Hawk Buckets
• Scandinavian Spiritus Boxes
• Witch Bottles and Bottle Trees
• Jewish and Arabic Spirit Traps

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in spells of love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
96-page paperback, illustrated

BOO-GRI-BUAG
Bottle Up and Go! by cat yronwode and Lara Rivera
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Inanna in Diaspora

Unread post by Inanna in Diaspora » Wed May 12, 2021 8:45 am

Thank you very much for the response! I will order the book shortly.

Do you have any advice on how to open the jar and place the personal concerns? I only have a couple of hairs left but I have his underwear as well as mine that has his semen mixed with my fluids. Can I use a piece of any of these things?

Should I pull out the picture with the paper in it and open both then place the concern in the paper, refold and put it back in the honey or throw out the jar and make a new one?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed May 12, 2021 9:51 pm

Inanna in Diaspora,

Making a new paper with the personal concern in it, or unfolding and refolding the original would be superior to wasting a jar of honey.

I already said not to throw out the honey above, and i can say it again a often as you ask. LOL!
catherine yronwode

Inanna in Diaspora

Unread post by Inanna in Diaspora » Thu May 13, 2021 8:24 am

Thank you so much!

I opened the jar unfolded the papers, added the concerns, folded it back up and resealed the jar.

Riz18

Unread post by Riz18 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:36 am

I'd noticed that my boyfriend had started pulling away from me and started a honey jar. It has our hairs, a lodestone, violet leaves, deer tongue and daminia. I've been lighting a red candle dressed with menstrual blood and his semen and "love me" oil. The candles all burned quickly and the flames were big and it looked like it was working well. He was starting to come back. However, this morning we had an argument and he broke up with me. But then texted me to tell me that he'll come to the house tonight to talk to me and that I didn't do anything wrong.

What can I do between now and then to help?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu May 13, 2021 1:35 pm

Riz18,

Prepare some food or drink with your vaginal juices or menstrual blood plus some of the honey from the jar. Wear a little Love Me Oil. Be prepared to be very conciliating and loving.

The thing is, a honey jar can make someone sweeter, but if the two of you get into arguments, it cannot endlessly repair the conflicts.

I am not your reader, but ask yourself if there is a way to prevent such blow-ups while still being attentive to your own self-resect and your plans for life. He may just be the wrong person for you, or you may have a temper that you need to work on, or alcohol and drugs may be fueling conflicts -- so many things can go wrong.
catherine yronwode

DaniellaG

Unread post by DaniellaG » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:10 pm

Hey all,

So I made a very powerful honey jar exactly one year ago on my on/off soulmate of 20 years... who's always in and out of my life. I took a good 2 hours preparing it, put his semen inside it as well as strong love and passion herbs, strong petition, pictures, and honey as well as Rum. As soon as I started the candle on the jar, I got my period that same instant and I took the my fresh blood with my finger and anointed the burning candle with it during ritual. The thing is I got lazy because he always came back anyway so I gave up. After one ritual. The jars still sitting there on my dresser. But now I want to start again but I don't have his semen anymore or a lot of the herbs and things I put inside and we've been fighting on the rocks now for the last 3 months because I befriended his baby mama to get more info on him but really she's interfering between us and uses money and supporting him financially to have him depend on her and still try to be a family together even though they been separated for 6 years now and have a 10 year old Son and she became a lesbian. But she is always in our relations and as long as she knows about us he doesn't want to talk to me or her. But then when he is talking to her he's trying to feel like theyre a family again so hes not alone with his Son, and I'm basically like the lover. She's known him for 20 years as have I, since HS, the difference is they got intimate 10 years into knowing each other and had a kid soon after and their relations have been toxic ever since. I've been intimate with him since the day I met him, it was love at first sight and he was my first love first everything. I know I'm his true soulmate not her, but she got him trapped with a kid 10 years ago and now even if I had a child with him she'll always meddle between us using their kid as an excuse.

My question is can I just start lighting new candles on the old honey jar on him from last year or I need to make a new one? Or maybe start a pink skull candle on him and talk to it for a month before lighting it? To make him only think of me and fall in love with me and obesses over me?

That jar was really well put together and a lot of powerful links were put inside it and a lot of focus was put in it. I'm wondering does the energy inside it still stay or it goes away?
As for the baby mama, her and I are no longer friends as she tried to pretend to be him when texting me to cause problems between us and is a jealous lesbian who still wants power over him and keeps him depending on her financially and thinking she's the only family he can have. He isnt attracted to her in that way but he still wants to feel like they are a "family" even though she betrays him left and right every chance she gets and he is always running back to me whether she likes it or not. so they have this unhealthy attachment to each other even though they know they wont ever get back together. What do I do about them?

Thanks

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:59 pm

DaniellaG ,

A honey jar is a container spell in itself, there is a long history of honey and spells for sweetening and love. Many workers, myself included, also add a candle to heat the work up. Because you still have the other jar, intact, I would start working that jar, light a candle on it daily to get it going again, then you can do it Mon- Wed-Fri.

For her, as they do have a baby together, he does have parental responsibilities, but you can limit her, putting her in a freezer spell to freeze her out, using products like stop gossip to stop her talking and slander.

In your case I also think it would be wise to get a nation sack created and tie his nature, you can read more about that here, this is a traditional women's work to control a man.

Nation sack: https://www.luckymojo.com/nationsack.html
I dominate my man: https://www.luckymojo.com/femaledomination.html
Stop gossip: https://www.luckymojo.com/stopgossip.html

JayDee

DaniellaG

Unread post by DaniellaG » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:41 pm

hi jayDee,

So you dont think if a honey jar hasnt been worked on and just sat there for a year it's useless now?

Also, what do you think about me doing a pink skull candle on him in addition to it to get his mind obsessing over me?

As for her, will freezing her actually stop their toxic attachment to each other?? How do I break their toxic attachment to one another? He has sole custody but she sends him money and uses that as an excuse to basically go over his house and sleep over whenever she wants to see their Son even though it also makes them still spend time together and remain close.

Also, do I put his semen and my fluids together into the nation sack and wear it on me everyday?? Or just his??

She took him to court right now to finally get her own visits with their Son away from him, but knowing them, even with court orders, theyll still basically spend time together when she sees her Son...they cant break away from each other and now she has a 3 year old daughter and doesnt know who the Father is and he basically fell in love with her daughter like its his own even though she's their Sons HALF sister...he is obsessed with her daughter now and acts like now their family is complete, even though they arent IN LOVE anymore...its sick. I need her gone and him to detach from her and her daughter and start a family with me....

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:52 pm

DaniellaG,

Nope, that is not tradition, a honey jar can be sealed and worked for years, why? Honey never goes bad, it is an organic item that will last forever. The jar is still workable and completely fine. I would start working it several days with candles to get it going and then keep the work up.

A skull candle to get him to think of you, add Love me oil and follow me boy oil, dress it with some of your vaginal fluids as well.

A freezer jar would freeze her from your life and her influence. Sounds like, based on what you are saying, that a break up spell would be appropriate to break their relationship up, it can be used for love or platonic relationships.

I would also tie his nature and make the nation sack I mentioned in the prior post. Feeding him your period blood hidden in food is also a traditional trick to get a man to follow you and love you.

Information on spells using semen: https://www.luckymojo.com/bodyfluids.html
Break up: https://www.luckymojo.com/breakup.html
Love me: https://www.luckymojo.com/loveme.html
Follow me boy: https://www.luckymojo.com/followmeboy.html

JayDee

lovebillionaire
Newly Registered

Unread post by lovebillionaire » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I used to be on the forum as far back as 2008 but life happened so since I can't get access into my old account am using a new one.

I have a question.

I have done different types of work but never a honey jar until a recent order I placed here at Lucky Mojo.

Are honey jars only effective when worked with free standing candles? Can glass vigil candles or tea light candles be used on honey jars?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:50 pm

Hello, and welcome back, lovebillionaire.

If you go to this thread and ask for nagasiva to help you, he can connect you up to your old account and put whatever name you pefer to it -- which will show your loyalty all the way back to when this forum started:

Update Change Profile Username Password Email Gender Avatar Sigline
https://forum.luckymojo.com/update-chan ... 15891.html

As for your question --

Vigil lights are way too tall and unstable to set on a honey jar. That's a recipe for disaster.

Tea Lights are okay, but most folks use very small candles, like birthday candles, Hanukkah candles, or 4" altar lights that burn for 20 minutes to 1 ½ hours, depending on their size.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Sireanita

Unread post by Sireanita » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:35 pm

Hello, when I made my honey jar on my relationship, I was not in a good place and was new to hoodoo. I have more experience now and the appropriate candles. Would it be a good idea to replace my honey and do it properly?

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:31 pm

Sireanita ,

Honey jars last forever, but you did make a statement about " not in a good place and new", if you doubt the container, I would wash it in running water like a river, then recycle the container and start over. If you feel you are more mentally, emotionally, skilled, then yes I would start over. If however, the container is working, then no need to replace it.

JayDee

imthefairestofthemall

Unread post by imthefairestofthemall » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:33 pm

Hi I want to know can I reopen a honey jar I made to add dry cake mix to the jar I think that would make the target sweeter?

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:13 pm

imthefairestofthemall,

That is not traditional at all! Honey is sweet, its virtually sugar, there is no need to add powdered cake mix to the jar. I would opt to light a candle and pray over it while it is dressed in a traditional love oil.

JayDee

Lovemoore

Unread post by Lovemoore » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:11 pm

Hello
I've heard that Honey Jars or Sugar Jars can take a long while to get started and once they get started then it's almost forever that it lasts. I've had around 3 Honey Jars from Lucky Mojo, 2 of them were money and the other one was steady work. The first thing that I did when I got them was that I added in tigers iron, jade & aventurine semi precious stones for amplifying the energy more in terms of abundance and a hematite magnet because of the attracting properties and grounding negative energy as they arise but then these things were not in the instructions and things worked out well and still going strong. I recently ordered Devil's Shoe String to add into a Honey Jar that I have built so far to tie down challenges caused by rivals and I ordered Devil's Pod to put at the entrance of the home where I am going to place that Honey Jar. I hope that the Devil's Pod is going to counteract Dark Arts and allow things to run smoothly.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:22 pm

Lovemoore,

This is a common rumor that has circulated the internet, there is no rule that honey jars are slow. I have seen them work very quickly in work. You are correct that they are long lasting work. Honey does not spoil and will last forever.

Why would you add Devil Shoe String to a honey jar? Honey jars are to sweeten a person to you, unless you are trying to sweeten the person you are using the Devil Shoe string on as well. Devil's Pod is used similar to like a gargoyle is used in Europe churches, it scares away evil.

You can learn more about Honey jars from this Lucky Mojo Book.
BOO-GRI-HHSS
Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells by Deacon Millett
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Lovemoore

Unread post by Lovemoore » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:58 am

Hi JayDee

Great to hear from you concerning my recent post and my first post on the Forum. I have gone through the Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells Book from Deacon Millett and before that I had made a Sugar Jar that was using Condensed Milk, Maple Syrup & Golden Syrup with Herbs and thought that I was in trouble because maybe the Condensed Milk was going to at some time rot but then it soaked in nicely with the Herbs and sunk right to the bottom and left the top layer dry which was pleasant and worked out very well and even sold a few copies of it to some friends. So in South Africa, it's very interesting how people make Honey Jars because animal fats are added in together with the herbs and they poke a few holes at the top of the Jar because they feel that the Honey Jar needs to breathe and they also add some Black Mamba Fat inside the Jar to tie down danger because some stuff is always going to happen unexpectedly so there must be something in place to buffer it. I just felt that by adding a devil's shoe string to my Honey Jar then I'll only be focusing on using it to tie down challenges because you can doctor herbs individually and allow the other herbs to be doctored together then actually build the Honey Jar thereafter but then I'll post an image once I'm done with mine and I have the devil's shoe string inside.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:37 am

Lovemoore ,

Thank you for explaining the rationale it makes much more sense now based on the information you provided, and the history of honey jars, and the different preparation that is found in South Africa. You will find honey jars have a nice long history in many cultures from around the world. For this reason, they are one of my favorite workings.

Here is a link to Lucky Mojo information on Honey Jars: https://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

JayDee

BellaSolanae

Unread post by BellaSolanae » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:34 am

I wanted to share my experience/success with making a honey jar for reconciliation with a former lover.

I made a jar with appropriate reconciliation herbs, petition, etc. I lit candles on it for nearly 6 months, and checked in with some tarot readings. While it seemed there was a deep connection for a period of time, neither reached out to the other. What became clear to me, was that the answer was "NO", but working the jar helped sweeten the bitterness and helped me forgive my former lover.

To respectfully dispose of it, I strained out the herbs and petition packets, and gave them a respectful burial in the back yard. I ate the honey over a period of a week by sweetening my coffee. Today on the full moon, I finished the honey. While my lover did not return to me, this working significantly sweetened my bitterness over the breakup. My heart feels much more healed, and open to love from a new partner. So, despite God's answer of "No" on reunion/reconciliation, within myself, I feel as if forgiveness and reconciliation have occurred. This seems to me a true success in working.

Deacon Millett described the core aspect of reconciliation work as "forgiveness" in his LMCC book "Hoodoo Return and Reconciliation Spells". Hyssop, balm of gilead, and lavender helped me work on the healing and pain from the break up. Thank you to all who have contributed your wisdom and knowledge on sweet works and herbs, both in the book and on this forum.
"When you are going though Hell, keep going."
-Winston Churchill

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:31 pm

Hello BellaSolanae,

Thank you for sharing your story and hopefully it can inspire a forum member on how they could approach a honey jar for their own purposes.

Nicely done, and I'm glad you have found peace in your situation.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”