Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Taurus Vigil Candle Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
country_girl

Taurus Vigil Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by country_girl » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm want to add my helper light to my altar. I'm confused on the color. The Master Book of Candle Burning by Henri Gamache, says that Taurus is red. But the LM dressed candle is brown. Can I use either, or both? Is LM the best way to follow all true colors for the Astrological themed candles?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Zodiac color

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:26 pm

There is no one system of colour symbolism for candles. Red for Taurus is not what i was taught. I was taught a chromatic colour-wheel appraoch -- Red for Aries, Red-Orange for Taurus, orange for Genimini.

However, this is complicated because very few candle companies make more than 10 colours of wax. Subtracting Black and White, that leaves 8 colours -- and there are 12 signs of the Zodiac.

If you don't use the colour-wheel method of assigning colours, you can use the planetary method. Taurus is ruled by Venus -- but even in Classical colour cymbolism, venus has TWO colour ranges -- pink coral to red coral and green. Some assign the coral colours to Taurus and some assign green. But coral red and coral pink are not literally red or pink, of course.

Brown goes to Taurus out of a THIRD colour-cymbol system -- Taurus is an Earth sign ruled by Venus, so it is reddish-orangish earth, that is, clay-brown.

If you look at our candle and oil labels, you will see that we blend most of those colours into our Taurus product labels: Green, brown, coral-pink, red-orange. coral-red.

CAN-GLZ-02TA
Taurus Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

OIL-ZOD-02TA
Taurus Oil
$7.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Now look at Libra:

This is the other Zodiac sign ruled by Venus.

Using the chromatic colour wheel system, its colour is green, but, again, we must not forget that Venus, in Classic colour symbology, is coral-pink, and that brown also enters in. So look at our Libra candle and oil labels to see how we dealt with that:

CAN-GLZ-07LI
Libra Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$9.00

OIL-ZOD-07LI
Libra Oil
$7.50

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

country_girl

Re: Zodiac Sign Candles Questions and Answers

Unread post by country_girl » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:51 am

Thank You! I'm new to this. I was raised as a cradle Catholic, and I'm finding out more about the benefits of prayer, through your web site and its links. You can't just do a spell and have everything be done for you. You really have to have faith in the powers of the universe and put a lot of effort into your prayers. I feel like I'm connecting to a whole other world. A better and more positive life. But it will take time and dedication, but I have faith. Bless You

Witchyone

Re: Taurus Sign Candles Questions and Answers

Unread post by Witchyone » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:46 am

I had the same question about Zodiac / Astral Candle Colors. Good to see that its been addressed here.

I think that I'll just stick with the candle colors listed here on lucky mojo's site, and if I don't have the proper candle colors used in LM vigil glass lights but I have colors stated by Gamache, I'll use those as secondary. I figure it would be better to use LM's because I can always depend on getting the best out of my work when I work by following LM in its foot tracks.
Thank you Saints Martha, Joseph, Anthony, and Expedite for blessing all aspects of my life.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
ARIES Vigil Candle (fixed)

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:26 pm

Ask us about the Aries glass vigil candle (fixed) here.

Reason: Post no longer needed
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Taurus Vigil Candles Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:27 pm

Taurus vigil lights are used to represent people of the Zodiacal sign Taurus in rootwork and occult spells.
HRCC Graduate #1631

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”