Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

HRCC: Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course

How to take cat's Correspondence Course, plus news about Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Workshops, Apprenticeships, and Parties.
Miss Athena
Site Admin
Re: HRCC: Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:51 am

Hello Goddess_moon,

Well you certainly sound motivated, and that is an important first step to taking the course! I hope you schedule your interview with Miss cat soon. She is the very best teacher and has a wealth of knowledge that she generously shares. Don't miss this opportunity to learn more.

I wish you the best of luck!
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Goddess_moon

Unread post by Goddess_moon » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:09 pm

Hi Miss Athena,
Thank you for your feedback, I love hearing you when you are on the Hoodoo Rootwork Hour on Sundays.
What do you advise on how to schedule an interview? Do I apply for the correspondence before hearing back for a possible interview?
Blessings
Amina

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:40 pm

Hello Goddess_moon,

Thank you for that! I'm glad you enjoy the radio shows.

There is a process for applying to the course. You can read through the following page for details on what to do, as well as read the posts in this topic. It's all pretty straightforward.

https://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

You will need to notify the shop when making your next order that you wish to have your purchases flagged as a prospective student. Once you complete your required purchases, you can have your interview scheduled with Miss cat.

Read through the posts here and on the link above and you should know how to proceed. If you still have questions after that, feel free to ask us here.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:22 pm

Goddess_moon,

Athena is right.

Step 1: In your next order, leave a note in the message area for your account to be flagged as a "Prospective Student" and for Nicole to send you a list of anything you still need to purchase.

Step 2: If you bought the required books from another vendor, send a photo to Lucky Mojo via email, showing that you have the books and you will be credited for them.

Step 3: Read all the other requirements, regarding internet connectivity, connection to the African American community, and familiarity with the forum -- at https://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

Step 4: Ask Nicole to stay in touch with you -- she will schedule your interview just as soon as you meet the requirements. Interviews take place on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Step 5: Once we have the interview done, you may purchase the course book and begin studying.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Goddess_moon

Unread post by Goddess_moon » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:46 pm

Thank you Miss Athena and thank you Cat for confirming. So far I have read the links and the correspondence course in the forum. I just wanted to make sure I don’t miss a step. I just made my monthly order on feb 10, but will make sure to add “prospective student” to the notes on my next order. I will also ensure I purchase all the books prerequisite to being accepted into the course. Your message completed my day, thank you again for your feedback and response.
Amina 💛

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:33 pm

Thanks for your interest. I have interviewed 7 folks and approved them all in the past 7 weeks -- and 5 so far have purchased their course books. The "super secret student forum" is buzzing with introductions and newly enhanced signature lines bearing student numbers. I hope you will soon join our happy band.
catherine yronwode

ComeOnInMyKitchen
HRCC Student

Unread post by ComeOnInMyKitchen » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:35 pm

The Super Secret Student Forum. :lol: :lol: :lol: That moniker needs a handy dandy comic style logo.
But no man yet has seen God's hand, nor yet His fingernails. ~ Hurston
HRCC #2219

Goddess_moon

Unread post by Goddess_moon » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:34 pm

I am looking forward to being a part of the course and student community of LM. A few years ago I wanted to join but didn’t have enough knowledge and didn’t practice consistently as I do today. I learned so much from the forum, podcast, purchasing products and Learning from your products. I believe that timing is everything & truly appreciate the opportunity to be mentored.
Thank you!
Amina

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:25 am

Hello Goddess_moon,

As they say, there's a time for everything and everything in its time. Good luck with your studies, and I'm glad you are finding this forum among all else very helpful to you.

JNReign
HRCC Student

Unread post by JNReign » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:26 am

Good afternoon I am reaching out to request an interview with Miss. Cat. I have purchased all but two small items. I would like to schedule the interview to see is I am accepted and can purchase the remaining items all at one time. How would I make an appointment?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:22 pm

JNReign --

Thanks for your interest in my course.

To schedule an interview, please call the shop and ask to speak to Nicole, who schedules the interviews. She is there on Wednesday through Saturday. She will set everything up for you.
catherine yronwode

JNReign
HRCC Student

Unread post by JNReign » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:23 pm

Thank you

Nicole
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Nicole » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:56 am

Hello!

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Nicole and I work in the Lucky Mojo office Wednesdays through Saturdays. I am the go to person for anything Hoodoo Correspondence Course related. You can contact me at the shop (707) 887-1521 anytime between 9am - 5pm (PST) Wednesday through Saturdays if you have any questions or want me to go through your purchases to see where you are at in regards to getting on the course call schedule. You can also email me at order@luckymojo.com.

If you are on the fence, take the leap! As someone who has had the opportunity to take the course, the course book really gave me a great jump start on learning more about Hoodoo. Also the homework is hands on, informative, and FUN!

I am here to help and answer any questions you have.
Good Luck,
Nicole
HRCC Graduate #2056
LMCCo Staff
Redwood Witchery on Etsy

airredones
HRCC Student

Unread post by airredones » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:39 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pop in, say hello, and that I am also a prospective student for this course. Looking forward to learning what I can as I prepare and complete the prerequisites.

I plan on being active on this forum with all my questions so hopefully I get to interact with a bunch of you all!

Peace and blessings.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:44 pm

airredones --

Welcome to the Forum -- and thanks for your interest in my course.
catherine yronwode

Cupcakes
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Cupcakes » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:53 am

I have just received all the supplies needed but have found that google is listing the store as temporarily closed and was hoping to find out if this applies to people interested in taking the course as well
HRCC Student #2246

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:37 pm

The store closes every night and opens every morning. Thanks for the FALSE report that Google gives.

WE ARE NOT CLOSED -- temporarily or otherwise.

I got siva to fix this error ASAP.
catherine yronwode

CountessLove
HRCC Student

Unread post by CountessLove » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:46 pm

Hello everyone. I’m so very excited to take this correspondence course. Hope to meet all of you soon❣️
HRCC Student #2239

OLROS
HRCC Student

Unread post by OLROS » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:14 pm

Hello everyone, I started with the Hoodoo Festival last year and I loved it and here I am.

Cupcakes
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Cupcakes » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:27 pm

Thank you! It has returned to the regular hours! I am responding to the email now and look forward to hopefully speaking with you!
HRCC Student #2246

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:18 pm

Thanks for your interest, cupcakes.
catherine yronwode

DeborahHarris

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:19 am

I don't have a Facebook page. Do I have to get one in order to take the Correspondence Course.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:26 am

DeborahHarris ,

It is one item that seems to be indicated in the outline that one would have for the course, I know Miss Cat discusses why on this page about the course.

HRCC course link: https://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

JayDee
HRCC Graduate #2156, Forum Moderator, Reader and Root Worker.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:20 pm

DeborahHarris, You do not specifically need a facebook account in order to take the Correspondence Course. but if you are no on FB, you must be in Instagram.

There are two reasons:

1) I must be able to stay in touch with you while you are a student, and i have found that in addition to email, a social media account is an indicator of scial stability.

2) This is a course in African-American folk magic. If you are not Black, you will not be able to graduate unless you have Black friends, due to the requirement of Homework No. 2. Dozens, even hundreds of non-Black people have tried to take this course without being able to demonstrate to me that they have Black friends -- and they cannot graduate, and so i have stopped admitting them as students. This is not a rare situation. It is common. Please see my web page on the problem here:

The Excuses
https://luckymojo.com/theexcuses.html

Good luck, and thanks for your interest.
catherine yronwode

DeborahHarris

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:03 pm

Thanks Cat. I'm looking forward to speaking with you about taking the course.

Johnny Jones

Unread post by Johnny Jones » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:12 am

Hello, cat I would like to speak to you about taking the course. I called the Lucky Mojo but you were not there someone took my info and said you would get back to me. this has been about four days ago. I also tried to send you a friend request on Facebook but I don't think your excepting and friend request at the time because there was nowhere to send the request. I've already purchased the required books for the course and set up the payment for the course just need to know what I need to do next. Also, Johnny Jones is my name on Facebook. Thanks I'll be waiting to hear from you.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:51 am

jjones2214

Did you also buy the required items to take the course including: oils, powders, incense? I believe if you have met these requirements you can add the book to your cart and purchase it, then the shop will contact you to set up an interview.

Course information: https://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

JayDee

lauronztheone
HRCC Student

Unread post by lauronztheone » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:05 pm

Hello Everyone, my is Lauron Jones! I am happy to be enrolling in the HRCC class. I am looking forward to connecting with you all and learning together!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:25 pm

Hi, lauronztheone!

Because my course is not a beginner's class but more of a master class, i give prospective students a list of requirements to order first, to familiarize themselves with the typical home-level work. The list consists of inexpensive, basic books that i have written, plus a range of spiritual supplies to work with and become familar with -- some of which will be used in the class itself.

So the first thing to do is to read the required books and products list, and to start ordering items from those lists -- and each time you order, leave a message in the message area of your order statin that you are a "prospective student" so that we can check off what you have purchased.

If you keep a checklist yourself, it will help, and when you have checked off every item, then you can call the shop, ask someone to confirm that you have all the items, and they will set up an appointment. We will talk for an hour (maybe more) and i will then approve you as a student and my husband nagasiva will change your forum status, add an avatar for you and we will walk you through the private student forum (hidden within this forum). When you order the course book, i will sign it and inscribe it with your name and from then on you will be able to read the student lesson and homework threads, and to ask me any questions that arise from your reading of the course book.
catherine yronwode

Jon Stetson
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jon Stetson » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:30 pm

Greetings All, Jon Stetson here. I'm thrilled to be enrolled in the HRCC class. I'm looking forward to living, learning, laughing and loving with you all!
I am incredibly grateful for this opportunity.

DeborahHarris

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:14 pm

Another question: Lesson 1 of the curriculum is "Gifted for The Work". When Cat interviews us before taking us on as a student, will she do a reading to see if we are? I don't have a problem with it. Just wondering if I am.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:08 pm

DeborahHarris,

The interview with Cat (my experience) is a conversation to get to know you, not a reading. The lesson is discussing topics of Gifted for the Work and also your experience that you feel qualify you. You may discuss your experiences growing up, family, culture, your experiences working in magic or doing divination etc.

I hope that helps clarify for you!

JayDee

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:37 pm

Thanks, Jaydee -- You are correct. The interview is to see if you have a real reason to study with me, if the work will be feasble for you, and if you have realistic expectations about what i offer to my students. I also seek to find out what your goals are -- to learn about family culture and folklore, to become a professional reader and rootworker, to open a metaphysical shop, to research material for literary purposes, or to collect information for academic use.

I then walk you through the 8 homeworks to see if you have experience with the tasks or will need extra help -- for instance, if you have dried herbs routinely in the past, i will not need to give you pointers on how to do that.

After that i ask your agreement to four basic social agreements, and then i walk you though joining the private students' forum, with nagasiva as a helper, and we introduce you to the private aspects of the forum.

Hope that helps.
catherine yronwode

DeborahHarris

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:04 pm

Okay, great! Sounds good. Yes, it helped a lot. Thanks!

DeborahHarris

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:55 am

Okay, so I put all the books/materials needed for the course in my basket. Then realized that the "Hoodoo Jukebox- The Luckymojo Conjure Toolbox" requires a CD/DVD drive on a computer to download the art images. I have a CD player for playing the music, so that's no problem. But I don't have a CD drive on my laptop (for the images). So what do I do now?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:47 am

Hello DeborahHarris,

You have several options. External CD-ROM drives for laptops are relatively inexpensive and can be used across multiple computers. It's a good investment if you're so inclined.

Alternatively, most libraries and office supply stores have computers available for use by the public for a small fee. You could print out the images there or download them to a thumb drive (also known as jump drives, which are very inexpensive). You could then use that drive on your laptop by plugging it into the USB port on your computer.

If you have a friend with a computer that includes an internal drive, then ask if you could print/download onto a thumb drive from their computer.

These are just a few suggestions.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

DeborahHarris

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:00 am

Yes, it helped a great deal. Thanks a bunch Miss Athena.

karnal777
Newly Registered

Unread post by karnal777 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:20 am

I am a new member and wanting to enroll in your course program. I have been referred by Mama Vergi whom I have been working with tarot card reading with bibliomacy and candle work. I also have been working with Sister Conjure Girl for past couple years.

Can you please instruct on how to sign up as I became a forum member recently but when I tried to purchase the course book it said bad login after I signed up???

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!!! I will follow all your directions to the tee to achieve success and make a difference in the community and the world!!!

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:36 am

karnal777 ,

Here is a link to the course. To become a student there are certain purchase requirements and book to purchase, to be aquatinted with, while you learn Hoodoo. Thereafter, you can sign up by emailing the shop, confirming you met the requirements, and have an interview with Miss Cat. After that, she will send the book as soon as you purchase it. You can learn all about this process by reading this link.

Course: https://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

JayDee

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Catherine's Correspondence Course and Apprenticeship Program”