Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Graveyard, Ancestors, Mediumship, Dying, Death, The Dead

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Graveyard, Ancestors, Mediumship, Dying, Death, The Dead

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:48 am

rcm272 --

You seem conflicted, both "seeking to incorporate ancestor veneration into [your] practice" and at the same time stating that, based on your suspicions about their beliefs, "the thought [of contacting them] is so abhorrent to [you that you] don't know how to incorporate a practice which could be seen as venerating their actions."

I cannot resolve those issues for you. I can tell you that we generally distinguish between worthy and unworthy ancestors. and that studying what you can of the genealogical and historical record may help you select a few worthy ancestors with whom to begin your journey of spiritual exploration.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Metalina
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Metalina » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:57 am

I had to have my beloved dog put down yesterday and I want to do something nice for her spirit and feed her ghost if I can. I have heard that certain incense can strengthen spirits, but I don’t know which ones are used for that. I won’t have her ashes for a few weeks, but I kept a lock of her hair to keep on my altar.

Any suggestions as to what incense ghosts like, or what kind of offerings to make? She was my baby.

Evan Lionhart
Site Admin

Unread post by Evan Lionhart » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:14 pm

Hi Metalina,

I'm so sorry to hear your beloved pooch is gone. Animal companions are truly something special.

In terms of offerings, uplifting "blessed" scents like Frankincense and Myrrh are always good. You can throw in a pinch of sage as that's always a good plant to offer spirits. If this were a cat, I'd switch out the sage for catnip.

You may also want to make a mojo bag out of our doggie's hair, maybe with some althea, acacia, violet leaves, frankincense to keep on your altar. I'd offer plain white candles with some cool water in his favorite bowl.

Hope this helps-my heart feels for you!
Evan Lionhart of Lionhart Candles&Curios

RisenRaven

Unread post by RisenRaven » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:54 pm

Someone suggested to me that you should only ask ancestors who were known to practice some form of magic to help me. Is this accurate? Because in that case I would not know of anyone I could ask. I was concerned that I couldn’t ask certain deceased relatives to help me because in life they were Christians and that perhaps they would not approve of me practicing hoodoo; or if they were willing to help, maybe they would only approve of positive things and nothing like cursing, for example. Has anyone found this to be true or false?
Risen as in the phoenix.
If I must face the raven, let me be brave.

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:18 am

RisenRaven,

I'd say this is right up there with "Your tarot cards must be gifted to you" myth. Now if they held strict Christian beliefs, would think twice about asking them to help you with a vinegar jar. I don't see why any ancestor wouldn't want to help you succeed with career, money, or love though. You are their legacy and without you all their work was for nothing.

Leaving them a small offering of fresh water, flowers or food and maybe a candle lit for them once a week is enough to open up the communication lines. I'd tell them about what you how you are doing and if you have something troubling you, tell them that too. It doesn't need to be spell related. When I throw the bones, I invite them to offer guidance. If certain ones don't want to participate in that, I'm sure they don't and I leave it at that. Invite them but don't pressure

It's hard to know where they would stand. If a trusted friend stole a money from you and you turn around to curse them, a relative might support you because they know how hard you work or what that money was going toward. I wouldn't write them off as non supporters just yet.

I hope this helps
A Tarot Reading, Bone Throwing, Tactical Conjuress
HRCC Graduate #2145

RisenRaven

Unread post by RisenRaven » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:02 pm

Thank you so much for your reply Terra!
Risen as in the phoenix.
If I must face the raven, let me be brave.

Willow Grey
Newly Registered

Unread post by Willow Grey » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:08 pm

Hi. This is my first time posting in the forum, and I hope I am posting my question in the correct place.

I've never had a connection with my ancestors simply because I did not know who they were. I didn't even know my grandparents as a child. So in an effort to find out who my ancestors were and how I might work with them such as what offerings might be valuable to them and what help they can offer etc I got just enough information about my grandparents to go on ancestry.com. I traced my ancestry back to Scotland in the 1500s. It turns out that I'm directly descendant of the Scottish royal family. Mary Queen of Scots is my 19th great aunt and King James V is my 20th great grandfather.

So, here's my concern. My ancestors are personally responsible for the witch trials of Scotland, Ireland, and England. One of my great grandfathers even published a book about witch persecution while he was king. As a practicing witch, I am very afraid to invite any ancestors into my life because my whole family line was like this. I don't feel like I can ask great grandpappy james to assist in my magic when I know that while alive he would have had me burned alive for being a witch.

I am wondering if ancestors see things differently after they die or if they stay the same way that they were in life? If one only has ancestors that persecuted witches as far back as they can possibly find, is this person just out of luck in the ancestral helping spirits department? Is there anything I can do to know which ancestors are safe to connect with and which ones are not? Thank you!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:11 am

Hello Willow Grey,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum. We're happy to see you here.

You can petition your ancestors who wish to be helpful and in service of your highest good. It is not an all-or-nothing proposition. I have ancestors who are extremely helpful to me and others who still won't give me the time of day, so I appeal to them individually. You can do the same.

If you have ancestors who played no part in the witch trials, and I presume you do, petition them by name and see who responds to you. You can use some of the ideas in this thread for advice on how to reach out to them.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Msmoody
HRCC Student

Unread post by Msmoody » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:49 pm

My question is about graveyard dirt and collecting it from a 'burial ground for colored people' mass grave site. It was one of the first slave plantation in Shelter Island, New York. I am also a current student I collected it to submit it for the homework my question is what can i use this type of dirt for.
I also collected grave dirt from an 11 year old and left offerings for both. I am new when it comes to working with graveyard dirt and would like some directions on what type of spell to perform with this dirt.

Thanking you

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:06 pm

Hello Msmoody,

I have moved your post to the topic of graveyards, as this is more closely linked to your query. You can read through the many posts here and will likely find your answers.

As you were posting in the thread on the radio show, I presume you wish to be considered as a caller. For that, please fill in the appropriate sign-up form for the week you wish to be selected. Next week's sign up form will be posted later today or tomorrow.

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

DrCalamusSweetflag
HRCC Graduate

Holy Water gathering and Usage

Unread post by DrCalamusSweetflag » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:15 pm

I didn't see a "Holy Water" section so I will ask my question here:

So I went to a local catholic church on a Tuesday morning and got a gallon of holy water. On the main sanctuary floor they have a font that looks like a small built in hot tub where baptisms are done. I was instructed by a "church lady" floating around in the church to fill up my bottle in that tub. Then later on I found out that the water in that tub is used baptismal holy water. Water that has been poured over one’s head and allowed to deposit into the tub. The baptisms are done with fresh holy water and not the water that’s in the tub. What’s in the tub could have bacteria, virus, fungus, hair/body products, etc. in the mix.
Some regular folks say to boil the holy water to cleanse it. I thought of putting water based oregano extract in my jug to at least counter act the possible bacteria, virus and/or fungus. I wouldn’t want to use this to anoint someone or to add to a spiritual bath. For splashing a house or room it would be ok.

My question: Is there a way to clean the holy water without affecting the blessing placed upon the water?
HRCC Graduate #1046

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”