Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Evil Eye All Seeing Eye Hamsa Protection Amulets, Charms, Talismans, Jewelry

How to select, dress, fix, empower, and employ Lucky Mojo magical amulets, charms, seals, papers, talismans, and jewelry.
Elly87
Re: Evil Eye All Seeing Eye Hamsa Protection Amulets, Charms, Talismans, Jewelry

Unread post by Elly87 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:54 am

Is a hamsa tattoo on your back a target? I've read the jewellery is like a armor that's supposed to break, did I bring trouble onto myself ?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Evil Eye All Seeing Eye Hamsa Protection Amulets, Charms, Talismans, Jewelry

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:51 pm

Elly87 --

The hamsa hand or Hand o Miriam is a common protective amulet among Jews, and it is against old-school Jewish law and custom to get a tattoo .... so i really have no reply for you at that level.

Other cultures also use the Hamsa (the Muslims call it the Hand of Fatima) and they may permit tattoos. I hope someone else chimes in on this.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Elly87

Unread post by Elly87 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:24 am

Yeah I know prohibitions, I spent a while in yeshiva. Didn't work out, go figure.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:05 pm

stinastarryeyed --

I've been thinking about what you wrote. Of course, as you know (Jewish shrug) not all Jews consider it prohibited to scarify or mark the skin. So ... (Jewish shrug) if to you it is permitted, then to you it should be a blessing and not a detriment.
catherine yronwode

Elly87

Unread post by Elly87 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:34 am

Yeah wierd life mine.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:48 pm

How To Use Amulets, Charms, and Talismans in the Hoodoo and Conjure Traditions by catherine yronwode and Gregory Lee White

Use in Magic:
In a mere 96 pages, this densely packed and lavishly illustrated occult manual presents more than 150 popular natural curios, apotropaic amulets, protective talismans, animal totems, and religious emblems from around the world and from all eras of history, as prescribed and employed in contemporary hoodoo, conjure, and rootwork.

• Animal Mascots and Fetishes
• Stone and Crystal Amulets
• Herb and Root Curios
• Enchanted Jewelry
• Zodiacal Gemstones
• Empowered Key Rings
• Talismanic Seals and Sigils
• Lucky Charms and Lockets
• Reliquaries and Prayer Papers

Learn how to identify, select, prepare, and consecrate your own magical and metaphysical amulets and charms — and how to wear or carry them for good luck, protection, health, wealth, success, victory, and love! at last: a practical field guide to folkloric charms!

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in spells of love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
96-page paperback, illustrated

BOO-GRI-ACAT
How To Use Amulets, Charms, and Talismans in the Hoodoo and Conjure Traditions by catherine yronwode and Gregory Lee White
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
https://luckymojo.com/howtouseamuletscha ... smans.html
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:49 pm

Terrors of the Evil Eye Exposed by Henri Gamache, Catherine Yronwode, and Dr. Jeremy Weiss

Use in Magic:
Is there such a thing as the dreaded Evil Eye? Can it be possible that some people have the power to cast strange spells on those they envy and wish to destroy, or is it just a figment of a tortured imagination or an unholy belief of the ignorant and superstitious?

At last a book has been written, a book that dares to tell the Facts and Practices of this Horrible Nightmare of Fear and Reveals the varied sources of this most dreaded of all Vicious Spells. Once you understand the Mysterious aspects of this Evil Terror and know of the many different Symbols, Talismans, Amulets, Seals, and Rituals used to thwart and CURE it, all fears will VANISH as the clouds before the Sun! If you believe you are a victim of this unspeakable MADNESS … you need this book!!!

Learn the truth about the Evil Eye in this treasured occult classic from 1946, written by Henri Gamache, the celebrated author of "The Master Book of Candle Burning" and "Mystery of the Long Lost 8th, 9th, and 10th Books of Moses" — presented in a beautiful 75th anniversary keepsake edition, restored, revised, and greatly expanded by the folklorists Catherine Yronwode and Dr. Jeremy Weiss.

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in spells of love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
96-page paperback, illustrated

BOO-GRI-TEEE
Terrors of the Evil Eye Exposed by Henri Gamache, Catherine Yronwode, and Dr. Jeremy Weiss
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
http://luckymojo.com/terrorsoftheevileyeexposed.html

And look at that brand-new back cover! WOW!

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Dedication 4

Acknowledgements 4

Who Wrote This Book? 5

A Valentine for Alan Dundes 6

Preface by Henri Gamache 8

How It May Have Begun 9
Where It Came From 10

1. A Survey of the Evil Eye 11

What People Call It 18
Who Does It and How Do They Do It 20
Who It Hurts and How to Help Them 21
How It Is Prevented 22
Why It Is Hidden Knowledge Today 23

2. A Taxonomy of the Eye 24

The Envious Eye 24
The Eye of Unusual Appearance 26
The Projective Evil Eye 27
The Evil Eye's Effects on Children 30
The Evil Eye's Effects on Mothers 30
The Evil Eye's Effects on Women 31
The Evil Eye's Effects on Men 31
The Evil Eye's Effects on Animals 31
The Evil Eye's Effects on Plants 31
The Evil Eye's Effects on Eating 32
When the Evil Eye is Powerless 33

3. Precautions 36

4. Averting the Eye 39

Averting the Eye with Words 39
Averting the Eye with Gestures 40
Averting the Eye with Rituals 43
Averting the Eye with Amulets 43
Amulets: The Colour Red 44
Amulets: The Colour Blue 44
Thread, String, and Cord Charms 46
How to Make a Red String Bendel 47
Eye Amulets 48
Hand Amulets 50
Bean, Seed, and Plant Curios 52
Lemons to Avert the Evil Eye 54
Rue to Repel the Evil Eye 55
Shoes as a Charm Against the Evil Eye 56
Gendered Charms Against the Eye 57
Mojo Hands to Ward Off Envy 59
Spikes and Points to Pierce the Eye 60
Miscellaneous Charms 61
Protection in the Decorative Arts 64

5. Diagnosing the Evil Eye 78

6. Curing the Evil Eye 82

Water or Holy Water as a Cure 83
The "Showing" Cure for Children 84
Burning the Evil Eye as a Cure 85
Cutting the Eye as a Cure 88
Transferring the Eye as a Cure 88
Saliva as a Cure 89
Salt as a Cure 91

7. In Conclusion 93

8. Anne Fleitman, the Woman Who Was Henri Gamache 94

Bibliography 96
catherine yronwode

singlemomma
Newly Registered

Unread post by singlemomma » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:00 am

Hi all.

So a little background. I was dating someone for 5 years and did some work on him to tie him to me. 6 months ago we had a baby together. About 2 months ago, I had to go no contact with him due to him stalking me. I got a restraining order. I was constantly having nightmares and always felt on edge so I had a reading done yesterday and was told that a third party put a hex on me. It's supposed to make me sick and eventually die, however, it's not causing sickness or any illness and since God is a higher power He is protecting me. All it's doing is causing my nightmare, anxiety and stress. I believe it's my ex's ex that did this to me. I was told to do an uncrossing and reversing.

I would like to purchase something that I can wear to have protection from evil since burning candles is getting harder to do in my current situation (full house most of the day).

What I would like to know is if I purchase the evil eye amulet to use as a bracelet, can I use that prior to doing the uncrossing and reversing spell? Will that protect me from anybody trying to do any hexes on me again?

We're catholic and use the red string with an eye on it for our babies. Is it that same one you sell? There are many different ones in your catalog.

Any help is appreciated.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:22 am

Hello, singlemomma --

We carry an extensive line of anti-evil eye charms and wall-hangers. If you know how to make your own red thread and blue bead wrsitlet, which some people call a "bendel" (little band), we do sell the beads, in various sized. Then all you need is the read perle cotton, thread, or string.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:25 am

Hello, singlemomma --

We carry an extensive line of anti-evil eye charms and wall-hangers. If you know how to make your own red thread and blue bead wristlet, which some people call a "bendel" (little band), we do sell the beads, in various sized. Then all you need is the read perle cotton, thread, or string.

Illustrated instructions for making the bendel can be found in BOTH of the books shown above.

Dr. Jeremy Weiss is also giving a workshop on the evil eye at the 2021 Virtual Hoodoo Heritage Festival on Sept. 11 and 12th, 2021 -- and his workshop includes a video of him making the bendel. You can buy tickets to the the entire festival --all ten workshops on folk magic -- here: http://hoodooheritagefestival.com
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Amulets, Charms, Seals, Papers, and Jewelry in Hoodoo”