Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spells for Blessing and Cleansing the Home and Person

Miss Athena
Site Admin
Re: Spells for Blessing and Cleansing the Home and Person

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:25 pm

Hello Two.2HeadedBear,

There is nothing wrong with practicing other spiritual traditions alongside hoodoo. It's done all the time. The only caution is you don't want to mix the traditions in a way that ends up neutralizing your approach to either one.

Your example of substituting sage for hyssop when reciting Psalm 51 is a case in point. The psalm specifically calls for hyssop, so stick with that. If you wish to also cleanse with sage (either yourself in a bath or to cleanse a space by burning sage), I would perform that as a separate act.

You can honor your ancestors by performing rituals according to their tradition, just as you can honor hoodoo by adhering to its practices. It's a rich and rewarding combination.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Ochun_Sweetness

Unread post by Ochun_Sweetness » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:48 pm

Hello everyone,
I hope that I have placed this question in the right spot for what I need assistance with. I was looking for a way that I can calm the energy down in my apartment? It’s only me that lives here and my neighbors are quiet and chill. I just really noticed that since the full moon that I can’t really tone the energy in here. I know do need to do a healing spell for myself because some recent event that has happened that disrupted a lot in my life too but I also wanted to work on my home too. Also what are some things that I can do for my home before I can get the supplies from the shop? Thank y’all for your time and patience. Please stay safe during this time.

Best

brian_s
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by brian_s » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:34 pm

Hi Birainluv,

For your problems in your apartment I would recommend Chinese Wash. You can buy this from Lucky Mojo directly. You add a little to some mop water and then clean your apartment's floors with it, working from back to front. To supplement this, I would also recommend buying some House Blessing Oil or Van Van oil to keep things fresh and clear.

For yourself, I would recommend getting some Van Van products and using them how you see fit. Whether it be bath crystals, or using a Van Van oil to set some lights for yourself.

Hope this helps!
hrcc student no. 1976

Ochun_Sweetness

Unread post by Ochun_Sweetness » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:15 pm

Thank you Brian!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:24 am

Thank you, brian_s, for your thoughtful answer. Nicely done!

Jeepgrl
Newly Registered

Unread post by Jeepgrl » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:33 pm

I am unsure how to go about this or what kind of cleansing is needed for my situation.

I'm 38 almost 39 and never had a serious boyfriend not even for lack of being attractive. I get flirted with but I still view myself as unattractive/ugly/hard on myself all the time.

I had a cleanse recently so I hope that will help. I always have negative feelings or emotions.

Currently, there's a lot of fighting between my parents, and my brother is always angry and moody. Our other family isn't talking to us and being assholes because one of them lied about a rumor they spread that didn't even have to do with me or other members of my family but we still got put on ice.

My dad is always moody and wants to leave for another country after being in the US for over 50 yrs and leave my mom with nothing but still have the audacity to say he'll come back every 6 months. He's very secretive, never communicates and lies a lot about everything. He's also very cheap and despite making good money for a long time he cheaps out on his wife and family. We never go to any nice places to eat despite him making over 6 figures at his past job. So he's a selfish guy and has been extra moody and angry lately always arguing about everything and even talking to himself since he'd been laid off.

What can I do or what kind of cleanse can I do for myself and family? FYI my dad doesn't believe in magic.

nino_x3

Unread post by nino_x3 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:43 pm

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this but
I saw a spell/bath for cleansing and protection by Madame pamita (she’s a AIRR Rootworker) using van van oil
The thing is I’m not using it on myself I’m using it on my targets photo. To remove any influences that this woman tries to put on him. Is van van appropriate for this situation?
Do I burn the photo after cleansing it??

Also I don’t won’t to remove my workings from him
How do I just get rid of hers?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:19 pm

Hello nino_x3,

You can do that on a photo but it would not be as effective as doing it to them in person. It's worth a try.

I wouldn't burn the photo, I would keep it for potential future work.

State in your petition exactly what you wish to rid your target of and to keep your work intact. That should help.

Good luck.

alexinmadison
Patreon Patron

Unread post by alexinmadison » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:52 pm

Hello! I'm about to cleanse a house to remove the negative energy left by a previous resident. I have all the tools I need for my spell and am happy with how it's come together. The one thing I'm struggling with is the "prayer" portion. I'm not a Christian and I feel really strange speaking the words of psalms, prayers, and bible passages. If anything, I'd call myself agnostic/spiritual as I do believe that all things are connected through energy and that we have the power to effect that energy with our actions, thought, and words. So, Christian words seem hollow, making me feel as though I'm not actually infusing my spells with "word energy". I'd love some insight into alternative ways of "praying" over spells so I can stop struggling with this particular issue. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

EndlessSky79
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by EndlessSky79 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:34 am

Hi AlexinMadison! Although it is traditional to use Psalms in Hoodoo, each individual prays or directs energy in a unique manner. When your intent is true, the energy will move the right way. If Christian words feel hollow, why not use your own words? I often call on the Benevolent, Loving Universe and I haven't been let down yet. I am sure your own words will be plenty sufficient.

I wasn't super into Psalms when I started learning Hoodoo. However, I did try the workings as Miss Cat and others recommended using Psalms and got good results so I use them now. For me practicality is key. Miss Cat often writes that she will not tell us how to pray. I'm with her. Trust your heart, speak from it and you'll be all good. Bright Blessings and good luck.
HRCC Student- #2187

Sweetden25

Unread post by Sweetden25 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:54 am

Hello my beautiful people! I need help. I am about to make a vinegar jar to separate my man from his mistress. I need help cleansing afterwards. I have on hand Hyssop herbs. What I need to know is, is there a prayer I would say while bathing with the herbs? Or do just bathe in it and that would be sufficient.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:13 pm

Hello Sweetden25,

Hyssop baths come from the lines in Psalm 51: "Cleanse me with hyssop and I shall be clean. Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow." I would pray that psalm if you wish to recite something while bathing.

Graveyardhag
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:02 pm

I am moving to a new house this week, been going through this thread for some ideas and there is a bit of conflicting information.
To clarify, the new house is gross. Physically and spiritually, the previous tenants don't seem to have cleaned themselves or the house the whole time they were there. It feels heavy, and it stinks. It is supposed to have been physically cleaned before I move in but I am intending on doing a full spiritual cleanse before I move so much as a piece of paper into that place.

I have chinese wash, I have ammonia. (also jinx killer and run devil run bath crystals) As I understand it, I leave my old broom at the old house (or toss) Would I also leave my old mop and bucket?
I intend on purchasing a new broom, mop and bucket after I collect the keys on my way to the new house.
At the start of this thread there are a few posts saying to cleanse thoroughly then toss the new broom (and mop? bucket?)
In the middle of the thread Miss Michaele states that as far as she knows you keep them as long as you are in that house.

My mops have removable heads that you can change once the old ones start getting a bit ratty - I intend to mop out with one, toss it and then do a drawing mop with the new head and keep that one. Is that sufficient?
Will I need to purchase 2 brooms? One to cleanse and then toss and one to keep for the new house?

Things are not cheap here I'm looking at an easy $50 for the new broom mop and bucket, So if I have to buy 2 of things I will need to try one of the discount stores for the disposable ones!

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:03 pm

Graveyardhag ,

The cleaners you have are great, just be careful with mixing items at the same time, do not want to create a chemical reaction, mostly worried about ammonia, I only use that alone when I am cleaning. Depending on the physical condition of the house when you move in, you may need to do a physical cleaning to rid of the junk and gunk. Then follow with a spiritual cleansing. You would purchase new items for the new house, but you can keep them, you do not need to keep them forever, until it is time to replace them. Yes a new mop headed is fine. One broom would be fine for the new home. As long as the broom and mop is good you would be fine. Remember to cleanse from back to front, top to bottom. When my friends move into a new home for the first time, I also set a white candle from Lucky Mojo, dressed with House blessing oil, and dressed the doors and windows with protection oil.

JayDee
HRCC Graduate #2156, Forum Moderator, Reader and Root Worker.

Graveyardhag
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:27 pm

Thanks very much JayDee. Makes things a lot cheaper for me.

Yeah I might just leave the ammonia, my kids will be there don't want to make them sick with a reaction.
I'll definitely use the Chinese wash. I'm hoping it might neutralize some of that smell if it is still there.
Currently planning on Chinese washing the entire house before I start moving in, might use jinx killer after I'm in - just in case, and then do some drawing work.
I only have money house blessing and fiery wall of protection but yes that is also part of the plan!

SR33
Newly Registered

Unread post by SR33 » Tue May 18, 2021 3:49 pm

This message is for Miss Cat as I had a consultation with Deacon Millet today and he recommended me to post this question in this forum and get advice from Miss Cat.

I moved into my current house 8 months ago but for some reason none of my house plants survive. I tried to buy several plants from time to time but they all die within two days. I even tried to change their position and environment but nothing helps. Even some plants that require least amount of care are dying.

This topic came up today during my consultation where I was mentioning how I am facing extreme delays in almost every matter of my life since I have moved into this new house.

I am not in a position to move into another house anytime soon so please tell me how to clean and bless this house. I am tired of all the setbacks and hurdles in my life and I am sad of seeing all of my plants dying within 2 days. Please advice me what to do.

Thank you !

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue May 18, 2021 5:16 pm

SR33 --

To tell the truth, having your houseplants die quickly like that can be a very bad sign, both spiritually and physically. On the spiritual plane the house may be, as you suspect, unclean -- but on the physical realm the house or the water you give to the plants may be toxic or polluted.

Start with a simple plant like Pothos or Spider Plant and buy two of them.

Place one inside the house and water it with bottled water (not distilled water, but regular filtered bottled water). If it does not die, get your tap water checked -- there may be something seriously wrong.

Place the second plant where it will get fresh air from the outdoors, like on a porch or balcony, out of the wind. Water it with the bottled (but not distilled) water. If it survives but your indoor plant dies despite being watered with bottled water, there may be toxic gasses in the home.

I want you to do this because what you describe is not a common spiritual problem -- but it can be a sign of toxins in the air or water.

Okay, then, for cleansing the house, i recommend Chinese Wash. Dilute a capful of it fr each scrub bucket and clean the house top to bottom and back to front.

As you finish each room, light a small white candle -- like a birthday candle -- in that room and pray the 23rd Psalm.

Good luck to you.

WAT-CHI-GL04
Chinese Wash, 4 oz.
$6.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

RisenRaven

Unread post by RisenRaven » Fri May 28, 2021 3:31 pm

On a mundane note, I found out the hard way that plants do not like water that has been through a water softener.
Risen as in the phoenix.
If I must face the raven, let me be brave.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:37 am

Foot washing is covered in this book by Aura Laforest: "Hoodoo Spiritual Baths: Cleansing Conjure with Washes and Waters: --

BOO-GRI-HSPB
Hoodoo Spiritual Baths by Aura Laforest
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see: https://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoospiritualbaths.html

HOODOO SPIRITUAL BATHS:
CLEANSING CONJURE WITH WASHES AND WATERS
by Aura Laforest

Hoodoo Spiritual Baths is a clear, concise, and authentic guide to traditional techniques of bathing and cleansing. Learn how to perform a spiritual house cleaning, how to take a magical bath, and how to ritually dispose of bath waters. This practical guide contains clear instructions on how to use easy-to-find ingredients for teas, baths, and washes, plus dozens of time-tested spells and recipes for every condition, including uncrossing, protection, love, sexuality, marriage, beauty, money drawing, business, gambling luck, blessing, and success.

Aura Laforest is a community herbalist and root doctor who wildcrafts, teaches and consults from her rural home in Quebec, Canada. When she isn't making herbal products from local herbs and roots, you'll find her hiking or leading herb walks.

CONTENTS

Dedication 4
Acknowledgements 4
Hoodoo, A Bit of Background 5
Spiritual Supplies 6
Basic Conjure Terminology and Practices 8
Cleaning the Home and the Body 9
House Cleaning and Bathing for Specific Purposes 10
Hiring a Hands-On Spiritual Worker 10
How Often and How Long 11
Preparation: Terminology and Techniques 12
Spiritual House Cleaning 14
House Cleaning in Seven Easy Steps 15
Floor Washes 16
Fixing the Laundry 18
Floor Sprinkles 20
How to Take a Spiritual Bath 22
Bathing by Proxy 24
Timing When to Bathe 26
Prayers for the Bath 28
Drinking Teas and Bathing 30
Bathing Body Parts 32
Dissolving Words in Water 33
Deployment and Disposal of Waters 34
Ingredients for Teas, Baths, and Washes 35
Special Waters 35
Liquids Other Than Water 36
Minerals 37
Herbs 38
Oils 40
Spiritual Soaps 41
Recipes For Spiritual Baths 42
Baths for Uncrossing 42
Baths for Protection 42
Baths for Love, Sex, and Marriage 46
Baths for Money Drawing and Business 52
Baths for Gambling Luck 54
Baths for Blessings and Success 56
Baths and Washes for Beauty and Glamour 56
Baths and Washes for a Peaceful Home 60
Frequently Asked Questions 62
Bibliography 96

ILLUSTRATIONS

Baths and Floor Washes, 1934 - 2014 13
Circa 1890 Bath Tub and Shower Combination 21

Published by
The Lucky Mojo Curio Company
6632 Covey Road
Forestville, California 95436
https://luckymojo.com
HRCC Graduate #2156, Forum Moderator, Reader and Root Worker.

Evergrowing

Unread post by Evergrowing » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:44 pm

Hi, I apologize in advance if this is a silly question.

I am getting ready to perform a cleansing bath in the next few days to get rid of some negativity that’s been thrown my way.

I was wondering, since this is the first cleansing bath I’ve ever done, can you use regular soap (your everyday soaps and shampoos) with your cleansing bath or is there a certain spiritual or magical soap that needs to be used?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:17 am

Hello Evergrowing,

Not a silly question at all!

Personally, I would take a mundane bath first (regular soap and shampoo) then follow it up with your spiritual bath. That's what I do.

Evergrowing

Unread post by Evergrowing » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:44 am

Yes that was very helpful, thank you.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Cleansing, Health, Healing, and Blessings”