Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon

For just a few bucks a month you can have access to Bonus Pages on hoodoo, spell-casting, fortune telling, and folk magic, and contact Cat directly through this private sub-forum!
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:19 am

RETURN TO THE REALM OF THE READERS!

Tier 3 AUGUST 28th, 2021

Hello, everyone, and thank you for supporting "It's All Ephemera"!

This week, as i am preparing my video presentation for the 2021 Hoodoo Heritage Festival workshop on "Down-Home Sex Magic," "Your Wate and Fate," returns to the lost world of the psychic readers, numerologists, clairvoyants, and cartomancers of the 19th and 20th centuries, with four new additions to the page.

Two weeks ago my Patreon web page on "The Realm of he Readers" opened the door on the shadowy shades of those who came before. This time a bit more light is shed, as we meet one fortune teller of 1915 who offers to take off spells caused by "Hoodoo, Witchcraft and Conjurations," and yet another reader who breaks with 1920s convention to offer readings "for white and colored," until, lest we feel too optimistic, we run smack dab into a tea leaf reader working out of a World's Fair building that promotes American unity with Hitler's Nazi Germany. Yes, then as now, occultism ran the cultural gamut from the angelic to the demonic. So it was. So it is.

1) "In the Realm of the Readers"

[PATRONS GET THE SECRET URL IN EMAIL ONE YEAR BEFORE IT OPENS TO THE PUBLIC]

Four more rare business cards and flyers, ranging from 90 to more than 100 years old, have been added to this quirky illustrated page on the metaphysical practitioners of yesteryear.

Thanks to my wonderfully supportive Patrons -- you have made this web page possible.

2) "Your Wate and Fate" Web Site

http://yourwateandfate.com/Your_Wate_and_Fate

"In the Realm of the Readers" is part of the Your Wate and Fate web site, which is dedicated to mechanical and personally-conducted fortune telling. If you are not yet familiar with the public portion of the site, check it out!

DISCUSSION FORUMS FOR PATRONS

3) "Your Wate and Fate" Private Forum:

[THE SECRET URL IS SENT TO PATRONS VIA EMAIL]

As a Patron, you have access to our exclusive threads at the Lucky Mojo Forum! Signing up takes a few seconds, and each thread allows you to participate in discussions with me about the ongoing Patreon page publications. To comment on this week's new pages, or any of the previous posts, please go to my private Patreon forum at the web address above.

4) And remember, if you have any difficulty reaching any of my PRIVATE Patreon forums, you can post a notice and request for help at the PUBLIC Patreon Forum page here:

support-cat-yronwode-on-patreon-t93993.html

PUBLIC-ACCESS PAGES

5) If you want to support me on Patreon, please go to "It's All Ephemera," where you can read my update posts and sign on as Patrons:

http://patreon.com/catherineyronwode

6) Please follow me on Facebook at

https://www.facebook.com/catyronwode

Cordially,

cat yronwode
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:03 am

Leaves from the Root Doctor's Garden: WHEN HOODOO WAS ILLEGAL

Tier 1 SEPTEMBER 7th, 2021

Hello, everyone, and thank you for supporting "It's All Ephemera"!

This week in "Leaves from the Root Doctor's Garden," i take a look at the United States Post Office's successful legal action to suppress the folklore writings of the famed African American author Zora Neale Hurston

1) "When Hoodoo Was Illegal"

This illustrated page introduces us to the Afro-India Import Company and its suppression at the hands of the United States Post Office in 1959.

Thanks to my wonderfully supportive Patrons -- you have made this web page possible.

2) "Herb Magic" Web Site

http://herbmagic.com

"When Hoodoo Was Illegal" is part of the Herb Magic web site, which is dedicated to herbs, roots, and minerals in African American hoodoo folk magic. If you are not yet familiar with the public portion of the site, check it out!

DISCUSSION FORUMS FOR PATRONS

3) "Leaves from the Root Doctor's Garden" Private Forum:

[THE SECRET URL IS SENT TO PATRONS VIA EMAIL]

As a Patron, you have access to our exclusive threads at the Lucky Mojo Forum! Signing up takes a few seconds, and each thread allows you to participate in discussions with me about the ongoing Patreon page publications. To comment on this week's new pages, or any of the previous posts, please go to my private Patreon forum at the web address above.

PUBLIC-ACCESS PAGES

4) And remember, if you have any difficulty reaching any of my PRIVATE Patreon forums, you can post a notice and request for help at the PUBLIC Patreon Forum page here:

5) If you want to support me on Patreon, please go to "It's All Ephemera," where you can read my update posts and sign on as Patrons:

6) Please follow me on Facebook at

Patrons at Tiers 4, 5, and 6 can expect their packages of books and ephemera to go out on September 1st, 2021.

Cordially,

cat yronwode
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:33 pm

Palmistry and Palm Readers

Tier 2 SEPTEMBER 14th, 2021

Hello everyone, and thank you for supporting "It's All Ephemera"! I'm a day late, due to attending and presenting at the 2021 Virtual Hoodoo Heritage Festival, where the three books you have upheld were introduced in finished print form and distributed to all attendees. In addition, at the end of my video presentation of "Down-Home Sex Magic," i ran a credit-roll of all Patreon members who made the book possible. Your donations enable me to set time aside for projects like these, and i value your help a great deal.

ONE NEW URL (and our regular stand-bys) go out on September 14th, 2021 for Tier 2 Patrons and above as a reward for your ongoing support of my writing projects:

1) Your Wate and Fate -- Palmistry and Palm Readers

A companion piece to my March 21st, 2021 page on the Major Drapkin Palmistry cigarette cards of 1927, this page explores 19th and 20th century stereotypes about palmistry and palm readers through the material culture of white Europeans and Americans who were its chief clients -- and delves back into the ancient origins of hand-reading in India, where it is a well-respected tradition. Please use the above link to access your Patreon preview, which will open to the public in September 2022.

2) "Your Wate and Fate" Web site:

http://yourwateandfate.com

3) "Your Wate and Fate" Private Patreon Discussion Forum:

private-patreon-forum-f237.html

5) If your friends ask you how to support me on Patreon, please send them to "It's All Ephemera," where they can read my update posts and sign on as Patrons:

6) Please follow me on Facebook at:

Cordially,

cat yronwode
catherine yronwode

Startarot
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Startarot » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:21 am

Hello! I joined your Patreon over the weekend. I used a different email than the one I used for this forum. I tried changing my email on the forum but was unable to. I don't know how to change my email or what I need to do to next. Please help.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:27 am

Hello, Startarot --

Thank you so much for joining my Patreon stream! I am going to copy your message over to the thread at this forum that deals with name-changes. We should soon see your name in RED, with a red star on your avatar.

And, again, i really appreciate your support. It makes my writing possible, because without it, i would spend all my time giving readings, and would have no time to write.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:01 am

Floriography or The Language of Flowers

Tier 3 SEPTEMBER 21st, 2021

Hello everyone, and thank you for supporting "It's All Ephemera"!

ONE NEW URL (and our regular stand-bys) go out on September 21st, 2021 for Tier 3 Patrons and above as a reward for your ongoing support of my writing projects:

1) Your Wate and Fate -- Floriography or The Language of Flowers

This week's offering is a happy one, a husband-and-wife collaboration, each of us doing what we do best, scanning and photoshopping (nagasiva) and writing and photoshopping (me). The real treat today was to finally bring before yo my long-held (and slightly incomplete) set of E. Nash Floriography postcards from 1907 or so. The pictures tell the story in glorious chromolithographic detail.

2) "Your Wate and Fate" Web site:

http://yourwateandfate.com

3) "Your Wate and Fate" Private Patreon Discussion Forum:

private-patreon-forum-f237.html

5) If your friends ask you how to support me on Patreon, please send them to "It's All Ephemera," where they can read my update posts and sign on as Patrons:

6) Please follow me on Facebook at:

Cordially,

cat yronwode
catherine yronwode

Chagrinedgirl
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:51 pm

Hi miss cat,
I haven't received last month or this month's boxes, my pledges did go through. I love the ones I've received!
[i]I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...[/i]

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon”