Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Saint Martha Novena Candle Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Miss Athena
Site Admin
Re: Saint Martha Novena Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:10 pm

Hi Cadeyn23,

Spells stand their greatest chance of success when we keep them focused and single-minded.

I would burn a separate candle to help with self-love and co-dependency. Keep your reconciliation work independent of that.

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Cadeyn23
Newly Registered

Unread post by Cadeyn23 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:54 am

Thank you ❤️

Graveyardhag
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:45 pm

About how long do people usually leave these novena candles burning for the day, when doing the 9 Tuesdays?
I've 5 weeks to go still and starting to think it may burn out before the last week.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:47 pm

Hi Graveyardhag,

There's no set amount of time to burn your candle each week, as each candle will burn at its own rate depending on the work being done.

You can reduce the amount of time you burn it for your remaining weeks if you're concerned it won't last the full nine weeks. As long as you burn it for a little while each Tuesday, you'll be fine. Let it burn down completely on the final Tuesday.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Missjess21

Unread post by Missjess21 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:43 am

Some insight needed. Bbare with me as I’m still considered new. This is my first time doing saint work.

I called on Saint Martha back in October for help with a petition. A sign confirmed she’d taken up working with me. I felt she was the saint to call upon, I enjoy praying to her, she gets fresh offerings every day...

I did not proceed traditionally (pray every Tuesday for 9 consecutive Tuesday’s) I prayed everyday. There were some movements around the dealings of the petition but the main “goal” of it, has not been granted thus far.

If I look back, 9 Tuesday’s would have taken me to Christmas. Here we are new moon February and things have been silent (there have been some signs here and there pertaining to the petition/person).

So, my questions:

1) Is there a time limit?

2) Should I assume she has changed her mind which is fine I’m not offended lol?

3) How would I go about “closing” the relationship with her (and the candle; do u keep?)?

4) Or shouls I continue on as this may just be a little harder to work on for her?

5) I don’t want to offend her which I feel I’m doing by even asking these questions 😞 (sorry, it’s the anxiety makes me a bit paranoid), but is it possible to call upon another saint (idk if calling upon certain goddesses would pan well or not) to assist or because she is considered a hot saint, that idea is no good?

I’m just kind of at a crossroads I guess. Thank you in advance for any insight and I apologize for all the questions/rambling.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi Missjess21,

I would continue to work with her, as she has already given you signs that she's willing to help you. Have patience and continue your petitions to her. She is a wonderful saint and so you should keep your faith in her.

It's generally not a good idea to "call upon another saint" for the same work. That signifies doubt in the first saint's ability to help you, and you do not wish to offend.

You might also want to ask her if there is something else she would like from you by way of an offering. She may want something different now. See what messages you get and then go from there.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Missjess21

Unread post by Missjess21 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:09 pm

Thank you Miss Athena! I’ve been so mentally jumbled with it all that I have a hard time deciphering signs or I look too into it. And the anxiety I have in general
Doesn’t help when I notice less to no activity. And, I do feel bad always asking for signs too. I feel burdensome. But I appreciate your insight very much! Now, I have to see how I can approach her in offerings to affirm my trust and token of my apologies to her

Missjess21

Unread post by Missjess21 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:26 am

Oh I’m sorry one more question- as I’ve been lighting the candle every day since end of October, the wax is bearing the end very soon. I don’t want to get another candle cause I feel all my energy is in this one (and my petition on the back of the jar). Can I continue to use it candles? Or do I find a candle that would fit in the jar? Thank you again!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:39 pm

Hi Missjess21,

You can use either freestanding candles or a pull-out one to fit your jar. Lucky Mojo sells them here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html#pullouts

Good luck.

amypalgreen1987

Unread post by amypalgreen1987 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:49 pm

Hello again I cant find a where to make a new topic I'll just post here. For thank you gift what flowers I should give to Saint Martha the Dominator and Saint Martin Caballero? How long do I give the thank you gifts?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:15 pm

Hello amypalgreen1987,

The reason why you can't find a place to make a new topic is because that is against forum rules. We already have topics covering nearly every situation so please do a search of the forum and post in the correct thread.

Also, please do not combine multiple topics in a single post. It makes work for the moderators to split your post and send each piece to the correct location. I'm not going to do that here, I'm just going to direct you to the proper thread for your second query.

I've moved your post to the thread for St Martha candle questions. Please read through the posts here and see if you find the answers you're looking for.

For St Martin Caballero, please visit his thread.
san-martin-caballero-spiritual-supplies ... t3951.html

For Saint Martha, see this thread.
saint-martha-spiritual-supplies-questio ... t5462.html

Good luck.

JazzyGirl
Newly Registered

Unread post by JazzyGirl » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:07 am

Hi guys,

I recently starting lighting my novena for Santa Martha a week ago and I am on my second week of lighting my candles.

My question is when speaking to Saint Martha, is it more like praying to her or is it a more ritual type of thing?

When I pray to her, I play music, talk to her, etc. I’m just not sure what type of praying I am supposed to do. I feel like looking at a piece of paper and reciting her prayer doesn’t feel so from the heart as me making up my own words.

I’ve also been leaving her offerings of coffee, water and Florida water.

I’m not sure if she’s agreed to work with me but my candles have been burning well and the flame has been very high and a lot of dancing.

I just want to know if I’m doing this right or do I need to rethink everything I’ve been doing.

Thank you for your help.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:27 pm

JazzyGirl ,

People will work with saints and spirits in different ways. Some will be influenced by their religious background, how they were taught, how they feel. It is custom to pray the prayer to St. Martha, but does that mean you cant pray and build a relationship with the saint at the same time? Absolutely not. Building a procedure that works with you and the saint is what is important. Pray from the heart, offer authentic items to the saint with love and trust that a relationship will be built.
HRCC Graduate #2156, Forum Moderator, Reader and Root Worker.

JazzyGirl
Newly Registered

Unread post by JazzyGirl » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:49 am

Ty for your response!

Serenaali

Unread post by Serenaali » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Many blessing to all.

I done saint martha 2 continue week ritual. I used Dark color saint Martha picture.

I light both week on tuesday green candle. dress with her oil. I give her offering which includes Coffee, Coca Cola, Water,white flowers, Florida cologne, brown egg in bowl top of coffee ground and on top of egg some honey.

I pray each day to dominate and bring husband back.
do I continue ritual every week till he come back. or I can stop and wait for her to bring him back.

I promise her ones she bring my wish. I will do her 9 week nova. and till I'm alive on her feast day I do feast under her name.

also how I dispose properly her offering? need detail on that. I dont want her to mad on me to disrespect to offering waste.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:57 am

Serenali,

This thread is only about Saint Martha VIGIL CANDLES. Further questions about other Saint Martha products belong in their individual threads (e.g. Saint Martha Oil, Saint Martha Bath Crystals) or, if they are about the history and practice of petitioning and making offerings to Saint Martha, they should be posted here:

SAINT MARTHA SPIRITUAL SUPPLIES QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
saint-martha-spiritual-supplies-questio ... tml#p16990

This is our Saint Martha vigil candle:

Saint Martha Dominator Glass-Encased Vigil Candle, Fixed

Use in Magic:
Petition Saint Martha the Dominator, patroness of servants, to gain dominion over bosses and unruly men.

Spell Methods:
Dress and fix vigil light candles with oils plus optional herbs or dusting sachets, and pray for your desires, add a written petition, photo, or seal; burn in a fire-safe place.

Product Details:
Red wax, 8" tall glass-encased Vigil Candle, fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.

CAN-GLC-SMAD
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
https://www.luckymojo.com/saintmarthadominator.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

FiachnaCybele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by FiachnaCybele » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:44 am

Hi Serenaali,

There is a great thread here for working with Saint Martha the Dominator, including ideas from people who've given offerings to her, and when and how long they've burned candles when petitioning her:

saint-martha-spiritual-supplies-questio ... tml#p16990

People have had success offering flowers and Florida water, so I'm sure your offerings will be pleasing! Please read through that thread, as people have discussed how long it took for their petitions to be answered, as well as their experiences with having lovers returned.

There's also a thread here for questions about how to dispose of ritual remains:

disposal-of-ritual-remains-questions-an ... 6-120.html

Good luck to you!
Fiachna Cybele
HRCC #2163G
Tarot Reader & Conjure

Thank you St. Joseph, Michael, & Raphael!

Serenaali

Unread post by Serenaali » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:54 pm

thanks maam

Olori
Newly Registered

Unread post by Olori » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:19 pm

I just want to use this forum to thank saint Martha the dominator. I have been doing the 9 week candle novena to her and she has already started helping me immensely though I am 2 weeks from completing it. I want her to know that I will complete the novena and continue to work with her beyond that as she has been faithful, protective and do generous to me.

supermoon
Newly Registered

Unread post by supermoon » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:34 pm

Saint Martha the Dominator,
Thank you, thank you 100x, for your help so far..2 weeks left of Novena and he is almost at my feet. Not dominated yet but I trust you will bring him down further.
As I promissed to you I will come here and thank you when is improvement.
Many blessing to all.

Sunandstars

Unread post by Sunandstars » Fri May 15, 2020 6:54 am

Hello! If I get a red candle and dress it with Saint Martha oil, will it work the same as the glass candle? It'll be easier for me to put it out than the glass candle since I can't fit my hand in there. Also, can I burn it on a Tuesday all day until it's gone or do I have to do it little by little every Tuesday? Thank you for any help!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri May 15, 2020 12:30 pm

Hello Sunandstars,

You should be fine working with a red candle. The vigil candles generally benefit from having a candle snuffer handy if you do not intend for them to burn continuously.

I would burn one red candle every Tuesday if you are using a smaller, non-vigil candle.

Good luck.

Use in Magic:
Petition Saint Martha the Dominator, patroness of servants, to gain dominion over bosses and unruly men.

Spell Methods:
Dress and fix vigil light candles with oils plus optional herbs or dusting sachets, and pray for your desires, add a written petition, photo, or seal; burn in a fire-safe place.

Product Details:
Red wax, 8" tall glass-encased Vigil Candle, fixed with oils, herbs, and prayer.

CAN-GLC-SMAD
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Sunandstars

Unread post by Sunandstars » Fri May 15, 2020 12:47 pm

Miss Athena, Thank you so much for answering!
Which candle do you recommend to burn continuously every Tuesday? Also, which prayer? Since the the red candle doesn't come with the prayer on the back like the vigil one.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri May 15, 2020 1:08 pm

Hello Sunandstars,

You asked about burning tapered vs. glass-enclosed vigil candles, so that is what I was referring to. It can be a 4" chime candle, 6" candle or even a tea light. Since you don't want to burn a vigil candle, those would be your choices.

Pray from your heart or look up novena prayers to Saint Martha and choose one. The important thing is that you pray with sincerity.

Good luck.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 15, 2020 1:20 pm

Sunandstars --

This thread is about Saint Martha VIGIL CANDLES. For more general discussion of the history and veneration of Saint Martha, with reference to many spiritual supplies, including several types of candles, see this Forum thread:

This is our Saint Martha the Dominator vigil candle:

Use in Magic:

Spell Methods:

Product Details:

CAN-GLC-SMAD
$9.00

catherine yronwode

Sunandstars

Unread post by Sunandstars » Fri May 15, 2020 2:07 pm

I'll follow your advice, thank you so much!

One more question, can I dress it with Saint Martha oil, follow me boy and fire of love? Or is one oil only ok?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 15, 2020 3:20 pm

Sunandstars --

You can use one oil or blend them. We blend oils all the time. For more information on making your own custom oil blends, see this web page in my free online book, "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" --

OIL BLENDS by catherine yronwode
https://luckymojo.com/oilblends.html

Again, this thread is only about Saint Martha VIGIL CANDLES. Further questions about other Saint Martha products belong in their individual threads (e.g. Saint Martha Oil, Saint Martha Bath Crystals) or, if they are about the history and practice of petitioning Saint Martha, they should be posted here:

This is our Saint Martha the Dominator vigil candle:

Use in Magic:

Spell Methods:

Product Details:

CAN-GLC-SMAD
$9.00

catherine yronwode

Sunandstars

Unread post by Sunandstars » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:43 am

Hello!
I just finished my candle. Can I use the glass to put water and flowers for Saint Martha or do I have to dispose of it? If I can not, can I recycle it? Thanks in advance!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:32 pm

Hello Sunandstars,

Yes, you can use the glass as a vase. If not, clean it out and add it to your recycling.

Good luck.

DATZZZ

Unread post by DATZZZ » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:11 pm

I was taught by a co-worker that you can gain the upper hand in your relationships and at your workplace with the help of Saint Martha. I'm not Catholic, but I took his recommendation, lit one Saint Martha candle, and to my surprise, my manager quit. The new manager is much better. Thank you, Saint Martha!

Rev Ernest
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rev Ernest » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:45 am

Use in Magic:

Spell Methods:

Product Details:

CAN-GLC-SMAD
$9.00

Rev. Ernest, HRCC Grad #0891, MISC Deacon,
Facebook Fridays! Admin, Online LMCCo Catalogue Team

Denyce000

Unread post by Denyce000 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:27 pm

I am fairly new to Praying to St Martha. I set up an alter and prayed to 9 day novenna prayer. Yesterday was my 4rth day. After asking for her to show me signs that she is willing to work with me, i javent seen sign etc but yesterday as I was burning my candle, i asked for her to show me a sign that shes willing to work with me and the flames of the candle literally went wild dancing and a gecko or lizard cried right under my alter. I was so scared out of my wits. I dont know if that is a sign. Can someone please help me?

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:52 am

Denyce000,

Signs are often very personal to the person, some may dream them, some may hear them, some may see something that says in their head "thats a sign". If you feel it was a sign then it was a sign. Now looking at the sign, flame got high and danced, a lizard under your feet screamed. I am not sure if you own lizards or not but if you do not then surely it seems to be a sign just looking at the symbolism from the candle for St Martha, torch in one hand and a lizard/dragon under her feet.

St. Martha: https://www.luckymojo.com/candle-saint-martha.html

Denyce000

Unread post by Denyce000 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:02 am

Thankyou so much for replying. Confirming what I thought. I had some results today but it wasnt as I expexted but non the less it was a reply. Will be giving St Martha her red wine tonight 😊

Denyce000

Unread post by Denyce000 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:11 am

I love you St Martha. Anyone who wants to work with her should with faith and a sincere heart. She is a miracle worker. She has come through for me although not in the way i petitioned but she has answered my petition. I OFFERED HER her flowers, a candle dedicated to her and her red wine 😊 While saying my thankyou the same lizard cried right under my alter again. Thankyou so much St Marth. I LOVE YOU.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:48 pm

You can read moe about Saaint Martha at the free web site of the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers, here:

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Saint_Martha
catherine yronwode

Denyce000

Unread post by Denyce000 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:34 pm

St Martha has granted me one of my request in my petition amd I thanked her with her black unsweetened coffee and freshly picked flowers with a picture of her eliminated and put up. I lit the candle and from the start it burnt black. What is this supposed to mean? Please help.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:51 pm

Denyce000,

We do not do candle divination on the forum, though you can get a reading from an AIRR member who would do that for you with specifics to the request and work.

AIRR: https://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/A ... ootworkers

A lot of factors can also go into a candle, where did you buy it, is the place an honest reputable distributor, did the candle get over dressed with oil and herbs, is the location too hot or the wick not centered? These all affect the burn and can cause problems. But you did pick this candle, and you did burn this candle, and the smoke is black, that is a sign of massive resistance, maybe even someone working against you. You can work the candle, try and make it burn clean to cause a positive outcome, you can let it burn and read it for signs, you could set another candle and see if it repeats.

I would suggest this book by Miss Cat if you are going to burn candles to learn how to read them and the symbolism left in candle burns.

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

Denyce000

Unread post by Denyce000 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:58 pm

I burnt a St Martha candle and burnt with very high flames but when it ended the candle gave a very big popping sound and it relighted again continued to stay lit producing double flames with fhe original flame larger burning orange blue and the other smaller with only blue flame then rejoined into one and went off. My husband since then has moved out, called me to tell me he is gaing to stay away for a while, telling me things he wouldnt notmally tell me including telling me he will marry his ex girlfreinds. Right now i am so broke i cannot afford a reading. My husband has left me alone with my son. What have I done wrong? Has Saint Martha refused to work with me resulting in this? Please any help will be highly appreciated. I am so broken and so lost.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:14 pm

Denyce000,

I am very sorry to hear about the situation you are experiencing and the heartbreak! The transcribing situation would seem to indicate that there would be a separation, popping is often a message from the spirit and a call to listen. Saints do not always work for every person every time. Just as God also is the ultimate decider on yes or no to a situation. A lot of people ask, specific to St. Martha " did she refuse to work with me", well a no is not refusal, it is just not meant to be in some cases. In this case it seems she sent a message which means she did communicate with you. I do not think you did anything wrong working with the Saint. The two flames emerging as one can be interpreted many ways and we do not do divination on the forum. The best advise I can give you is to wash your house down, cleanse your body, then set another candle to her and watch it for signs, ask specifically for signs you will know clearly, and understand. Lucky Mojo has a radio show each week and does free readings for those who sign up, you can sign up for next Sundays. In addition here is a link to Lucky Mojo spells on reconciliation.

Candle Divination: https://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
Candle Magic: https://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html
Lucky Mojo Love Spells: https://www.luckymojo.com/lovespells.html
Sign up for the next radio show for a free reading, then login: https://forum.luckymojo.com/lmhrhour-fr ... 95470.html

JayDee

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”