Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades

Miss Athena
Site Admin
Re: Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:51 pm

Hi MoonGoddessKat,

You could certainly do the spell in January and see what kind of signs you get. Then, if needed, you can perform it again in time for the next full moon.

Not all practitioners work by the cycles or the signs of the moon or worry about lunar eclipses, so you should be OK, if you strongly feel it is better for you to begin the work as needed and then repeat as necessary.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:43 am

MoonGoddessKat --

The tradition about eclipses is not to START anything on the eclipse. Ending a hot foot spell (which is what this seems to be, for the other person) on an eclipse is dandy!

Also, go back to your AIRR worker and ask that person why they gave you that particular instruction because whoever it was knows his or her business and had some reason to tell you to work this way. I choose not to second-guess my colleagues.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Graveyardhag
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:43 pm

I see on page 3 of this thread that Miss Cat has said that skullwork isn't advantageous during mercury retrograde.
I'm in the middle of a skull working at the moment and mercury goes retrograde next week, Would it be advised to put it away for the whole 3 weeks? It seems like a long time to halt the working, but of course I don't want to be doing sub-par work, or working to no effect.

I'm also curious if stop gossip spells would be a good idea during the retrograde? I'm thinking yes as it messes with communication?

And then further, do you also consider the shadow phases, or only the 3 weeks mercury is actually direct?
Thank you

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:19 pm

Graveyardhag ,

You can continue the work because you started it prior to the retrograde period started. This was discussed somewhere in the forum about using the moon phase and other spells. Yes stop gossip or silencing people, messing up communication even court cases would be good during a retrograde. Break up is also good because its likely for people to have miscommunications.
HRCC Graduate #2156, Forum Moderator, Reader and Root Worker.

Graveyardhag
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:33 pm

Thanks JayDee, I don't have any court case work to be done lol but stop gossip, silencing someone and breaking up a friendship is all on the cards, just waiting on a big order that includes all my stop gossip stuff for that one. Hopefully it arrives before the retrograde ends I'd like to take advantage of those energies.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi Graveyardhag,

It is generally advisable that you not begin any new spell while Mercury is in retrograde, as communication of any kind - including your petition - may be affected. You could do it if you have a pressing matter, but do make sure your communication is very clear.

You can continue work that was already started before the retrograde, as your petition has already been sent and received by Spirit.

I have used this as a general principle and it's never steered me wrong. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:07 pm

Graveyardhag,

On page 3 of this thread Miss Aida discusses how she uses retrogrades and what work to avoid and why during each stage, as Does Miss Cat. Another poster commented on how burning a mercury candle along with the work while doing it in a retrograde minimizes the effects. Miss Cat also gave some great tips on consulting an astrologer to determine if the planets current condition make any adverse connections in your chart that would make the retrograde effect things. Great discussion. I also believe a few of the AIRR workers do astrology charts.
AIRR: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... ootworkers
Mercury oil: http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-mercury.html
Forum topic on astrology: astrology-and-the-zodiac-as-used-in-hoodoo-t3022.html
Lucky Mojo zodiac: http://www.luckymojo.com/zodiac.html
More lucky mojo info: http://www.luckymojo.com/zodiacal.html
Lucky mojo spell timing: http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/practic ... ml#timing1

Jevaud

Unread post by Jevaud » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:48 pm

I was curious about what other practitioners do in regard to spell work during a Mercury Rx. I assume they carry on with spell work regardless, but I wondered if any do any work during that time at all.

I'm about to experiment with using Mercury oil to anoint an offering to Mercury to ease the Retrograde effects; thinking an orange candle might do along with perhaps a Psalm associated with asking for Mercy. I tend to look at the energy more as 'trickster' energy than anything purely malelific.

Aside from this idea what do other practitioners do to alleviate retrograde symptoms.

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:19 am

Jevaud,

I do drawing work if needed but I go into knowing results may be delayed. Uncrossing and removing work I do as planned. I tend to wear Mercury oil on retrogrades and especially on Wednesdays. I hope your experiment is successful! I love working with the Seals of Solomon. Maybe you could select a pentacle of mercury as well if you want to work toward a specific goal.

Good Luck!
A Tarot Reading, Bone Throwing, Tactical Conjuress
HRCC Graduate #2145

Alice Kyteler

Unread post by Alice Kyteler » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:31 am

Mercury retrograde is a time that usually kills me! And we have to add this weekend the upcomming eclipse. It's a new Moon eclipse, normally a time to start things, but not now in my opinion, eclipses usually take stuff away. I was born two days before a new Moon eclipse and normally in my life projects and a lot of things tend to finish abruptly in a very disruptive and surprisingly way, specially in job and career issues.

I have made a reversing spell this week, I had it planned for a future but I woke up in the morning a few days ago and had the chance so I went straight to the point and performed it. I did not pay attention to the upcomming eclipse and the retro motion. Curious the fact that I made this recently as the planet is going backwards (in a metaphorical way), and although still not oficially in retrograde, is in the shadow zone.
Thank you Saint Jude, glorious Apostle, miracle performer, because you took me back to Jesus.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Sat May 29, 2021 9:56 am

Hello everyone,

Today we embark on one of the least liked event in astrology, Mercury Retrograde. What do you do during mercury retrograde? What work do you do to minimize the effects of this transition?

I personally like to use Lucky Mojo Mercury oil or Van Van oil, I anoint myself with the oil to mitigate the effects of the transition. I also burn a 7 day candle such as Mercury or Van Van one each week during the retrograde.

Van Van: https://www.luckymojo.com/vanvan.html
Mercury: https://www.luckymojo.com/planetary.html
Hoodoo incased candles: https://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html#vigil

JayDee

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:44 pm

Yoo-hoo! And now, in late June, Mercury has gone direct again!

Enjoy!
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:52 pm

"Your Birth Star Influences and What They Mean" by Stanley Barrett and Lee Lawrie is coming as an ebook, restored, revised, and edited by Deacon Millett! The ebook is available at no extra cost to ticket-holders for the 2021 Virtual Hoodoo Heritage Festival, SSpetember 11th and 12th, 2021, and will be part of the "Introduction to Astrology" workshop presented by Evan Lionhart. Watch the video and see a gimpe of the original 1940 publication!

https://youtu.be/_s4WbVuYPT4

This is a preview from Evan Lionhart on his workshop "Introduction To Astrology" which is to be held on Saturday, September 11th at 12:30 PM. He will teach you the meaning behind your Sun, Moon, and Ascendant Signs and how and why your Sun Sign meshes with your personality, weaving in traditional conjure, and working with you to craft an astrologically-aligned mojo bag designed to pull in the power of your Ascendant Sign. Included is a copy of Deacon Millett's full-colour ebook edition of the 1940 astrology classic "Your Birth Star Influences and What They Mean" by Stanley Barrett (Gail C. Blakey) and the famed art deco artist and sculptor Lee Lawrie (1876-1963). The Virtual Hoodoo Heritage Festival 2021 includes TEN HOURS of workshops and group live chat via Zoom, plus pdf lecture notes, brand new books, and a Goody Box filled with all of the conjure supplies you will need for the workshops, delivered by postal mail, for only $290.00 per ticket. The weekly Tech Team meeting was attended by Mama Vergi, Nagasiva Yronwode, and Catherine Yronwode; the video was provided by Evan Lionhart.

The "Astrological Announcement" Hoodoo Heritage Festival promotional video is here:

https://youtu.be/_s4WbVuYPT4

Read all about the 2021 Virtual Hoodoo Heritage Festival, with a complete list of Presenters and Workshop topics here:

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... rs_in_AIRR
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:52 pm

Your Birth Star Influences and What They Mean, by Stanley Barrett

This 1940 popular occult classic teaches the beginner basics of Sun Sign Astrology, but even experienced astrologers love it because it is illustrated by the famous art deco artist and sculptor Lee Lawrie, who often used zodiacal motifs in his works of public art. At a time when many women hid their gender under a male pseudonym, the accomplished author, Gail C. Blakey, chose to be known as "Stanley Barrett." The original and rare first edition of this oversized introduction to popular astrology was published in a limited pallet of spot-colours and has been given a brand-new and gloriously full-colour treatment by the editor and restorationist Deacon Millett. A "coffee table astrology book" before such books even existed, "Your Birth Star Influences" is both a contemporary teaching manual and a brilliant example of mid-20th-century book styling.

96 pages, hardcover, illustrated

BOO-DIV-YBSI
Your Birth Star Influences and What They Mean, by Stanley Barrett
$25.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
https://luckymojo.com/yourbirthstarinfl ... ymean.html
catherine yronwode

LuckyScorpio

Unread post by LuckyScorpio » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:10 am

Does a Jupiter Retrograde affect how you spend and bring in money? If yes, what could I use to protect myself from it's effects? Would it be good to use van van oil? I need some ideas of what I can use or do.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:09 pm

LuckyScorpio,

A Jupiter Retrograde may influence money but I see it more effecting your luck, how you feel about your own growth, ability to bring in and success. You may feel stalled or reverting back to old ways during this time. Van Van oil and Jupiter oil would be a great mix to wear, burn on candles during a transition.

Van Van: https://www.luckymojo.com/vanvan.html
Jupiter: https://www.luckymojo.com/oil-jupiter.html

JayDee

Chelles93
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Chelles93 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:51 pm

General question: I just received my Lucky Red Clover mojo bag - should I wait until the current Mercury retrograde is over to consecrate and start using it? I've never done work aligned with astrological timing, just days of the week, but thought maybe I should start...

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:26 pm

Chelles93,

Yes it would be a good idea to start after the Mercury Retrograde to do work for positive change in your life. You can follow many things to enhance your work including: planetary hours of the day, days of the week, moon phases, planetary movements.

Here is a forum topic on planetary hours: https://forum.luckymojo.com/spell-timin ... t1429.html

JayDee

Chelles93
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Chelles93 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:37 pm

I thought so. I’m new to astrological timing and there’s so much to learn.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:07 pm

There are a lot of things one can consider when doing work, the timing, the moon phase, planetary movements. Some work with as many as they can, others do work when they need to and do not stress over those items. Adding them will add an additional element to the work by alining it with natural ocurances that support the work.

Here is a link on Planetary products sold by Lucky Mojo and use of them as well as timing. Planetary oils are very popular and also mentioned in a Hoodoo classic which Lucky Mojo carries, The Master Book of Candle Burning by Henry Gamache, in this text he discusses the use of planetary candles.

Lucky Mojo Planetary: https://www.luckymojo.com/planetary.html
About Henry Gamache: https://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html
Where to find the book: https://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html#grimoires

You can also order a bakers dozen of books and get several books like Miss Cats The Art of Candle Burning, which discusses timing and planetary considerations, as well as other books that will teach you the craft to enhance your skill at a discounted price!

Hoodoo Books Baker's Dozen (13 Books)

Use in Magic:
Now, you can get your pick of a "Baker's Dozen" -- 13 books on practcal magic -- for an amazing discount price! You will receive 1,248 illustrated pages of hoodoo history, magic spells for love and money, practical information on how to tell fortunes, traditional conjure tricks and tips for protection and uncrossing, and answers to hundreds of questions about spell-casting in this big, beautiful discount array; and best of all, YOU get to choose which titles you want!

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in spells of love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
Order any 12 of our 96-page hoodoo, conjure, rootwork, and divination books which regularly sell for $9.00 each (a total of $108.00) -- and pay only $7.00 each for a total of only $84.00 (a savings of $24.00), PLUS, we will include one extra book FOR FREE!

Select TWELVE TITLES:
• The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo
• The Art of Making Mojos by catherine yronwode
• Bones, Shells, and Curios by Michele Jackson
• Bottle Up and Go! by catherine yronwode and Lara Rivera
• Cash Box Conjure by Miss Phoenix LeFae
• Crystal Magic by Jon Saint Germain
• Cursing and Crossing by Miss Aida
• A Deck of Spells by Professor C. D. Porterfield
• Deliverance! by Khi Armand
• Destroying Relationships by Miss Aida
• Down-Home Sex Magic by catherine yronwode
• The Fortune Teller's Guide to Success by Valentina Burton
• Genuine Black and White Magic of Marie Laveau, by Zora Neale Hurston et al, edited by Cat Yronwode
• The Guiding Lught to Power and Success by Mikhail Strabo and catherine yronwode
• Hoodoo Bible Magic by Miss Michaele and Professor C. D. Porterfield
• Hoodoo Food! by The Ladies Auxiliary of MISC
• Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells by Deacon Millett
• Hoodoo Return and Reconciliation Spells by Deacon Millett
• Hoodoo Shrines and Altars by Miss Phoenix LeFae
• Hoodoo Spiritual Baths by Aura Laforest
• How to Use Ameulets, Charms, and Talismans by catherine yronwode and Gregory Lee White
• Legends of Incense, Herb, and Oil Magic by Lewis de Claremont, edited by Cat Yronwode
• Lithomancy by Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain
• North Asian Magic by David Borji Shi
• Paper In My Shoe by catherine yronwode
• Secrets of the Crystal Silence League by Claude Alexander Conlin,
edited, annotated, restored, and revised by catherine yronwode and Deacon Millett
• The Secret of Numbers Revealed by catherine yronwode, Dr. Roy Page Walton,
Lewis de Claremont, Godfrey Spencer, and Frank Householder
• The Sporting Life by Professor C. D. Porterfield
• The Stranger in the Cup by Gregory Lee White and catherine yronwode
• Terros of the Evil Eye Exposed by Mikhail Strabo, catherine yronwode, and Jeremy Weiss
• This Amazing Book by Sunrae Products Company, edited by catherine yronwode
• Throwing the Bones by catherine yronwode
• Vulvamancy by Dr. Jeremy Weiss
• Women's Work by Aura Laforest

Select One BONUS:BOOK
• Trolldom Preview by Johannes Gardback or
• The Gospel of Satan by Troll Towelhead

NOTE: Please indicate your twelve chosen titles and one chosen bonus in the message field when you place your order. If you do not make a selection of 12 books plus yone free bonus book, we will choose for you.

Format: Thirteen 96-page books (1,248 pages), trade paperbacks, illustrated
Publisher: Various
Publication dates: 2012-2018
ISBNs: Various
Tagged: Spells and Magic, Specials, Spirituality, Herbalism, Divination

BOO-SPE-9612
Hoodoo Books Baker's Dozen (13 Books)
$84.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
https://www.luckymojo.com/luckymojopublishing.html

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”