Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Tea Leaf Coffee Ground Reading Divination Questions and Answers

How to select and employ Lucky Mojo divination tools, and how to learn fortune telling in the Hoodoo and Conjure tradition.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Tea Leaf Coffee Ground Reading Divination Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Tea Leaf and Coffee Ground Readings -- collectively known as Tasseomancy or Cup-Reading are perhaps the most domestic and female-centered of the mantic arts. Despite being deprecated by ceremonial occultists, it is still thriving.

Here is a sampling of some of the fine vintage Fortune Telling Tea Cups we sell in the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. shop.

Because these are very rare (albeit not one-of-a-kind) it's a good idea to call the shop and inquire about availability and prices.

=====

This is a book i have co-written with Papa Gee, Gregory Lee White, on Tea Leaf Reading -- its history and how to do it.

The Stranger in the Cup by Gregory Lee White and Catherine Yronwode

Use in Magic:
"The Stranger in the Cup: How to Read Your Luck and Fate in the Tea Leaves" by Gregory Lee White and Catherine Yronwode. Learn how to select a cup, how to choose and brew your tea, and how to give a tasseomantic reading -- with a full dictionary of more than 750 tea leaf images, plus 36 sample cup interiors, showing what symbols the leaves may reveal. Plus, you will learn the history of tea, the history of tea-leaf reading, the history of the special tea cups marked for cartomancy, numerology, and astrology readings (and how to collect them), as well as the history of the woman-led Tea Room Movement that made tea-leaf reading the preferred fortune-telling method of the Female Suffrage Crusade. Profusely illustrated, beautifully laid out, and deeply descriptive, this is a book to treasure or to share with a special friend.

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in spells of love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
96-page paperback, illustrated

BOO-DIV-SITC
The Stranger in the Cup by Gregory Lee White and Catherine Yronwode
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
https://www.luckymojo.com/strangerinthecup.html

CONTENTS

DEDICATION and ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS 4
FOREWORD 5
THE TRADITION 6
... Who Transmitted This Knowledge? 6
... The History of Tea 8
... Tea Tales and Beliefs 10
... The History of Tea Leaf Reading 12
... The Tea Room Movement 15
... Tea Reading in Art and Advertising 20
THE TEA 22
... Choosing the Perfect Tea to Read 22
... How to Brew Tea 24
THE CUP 26
... Finding the Perfect Cup 26
... Fortune Telling Cups 27
... Astrology Cups and Saucers 28
... Cartomancy Cups and Saucers 30
... Numerology Cups and Saucers 32
... Symbol Cups and Saucers 34
... Limited-Run and Artisanal Cups 36
... Collecting Fortune-Telling Cups 37
... Enchanting the Cup 38
THE READING 39
... Setting the Mood for a Reading 39
... Having Your Tea Leaves Read 40
... Space, Time, Danger, and the Stranger in the Cup 41
... Home and Away, the Clock Face and the Crossroads 41
... In the Clear and in the Thick, Danger Lurks in the Depths 42
... The Stranger in the Cup, The Love Drop 42
... Four Turns to the Future, Four Turns to the Past 43
... Turning the Cup to Read, Turning the Cup for Good Luck 44
... Turning the Cup for the Wish, Turning the Cup for a Friend 45
... Reading in the Cup, Reading in the Saucer 46
... How Often Can You Read, How Far Can You See? 47
THE SYMBOLS 48
... The Keys to Tea Leaf Symbology 48
... A Dictionary of Tea Leaf Symbols 49
... Astrology in the Cup 69
... The Signs of the Zodiac in the Cup 70
... The Planets and the Weekdays in the Cup 71
... Cartomancy in the Cup 72
... Numerology and Dice in the Cup 74
... Learn by Studying Exemplary Cups 75
... A Gallery of Exemplary Cups and Their Interpretations 76
BIBLIOGRAPHY 96

ILLUSTRATIONS

Twelve Books on Tasseomancy 7
Tea Room Advertisements 14
Tea Reading in Art and Advertising 21
Astrology Cups 29
Cartomancy Cups 31
Numerology Cups 33
Symbol Cups 35
Gallery of Exemplary Cups 76, 78, 80, 82, 84, 86, 88, 90, 92, 92, 94

First Edition 2020

Published by
The Lucky Mojo Curio Company
6632 Covey Road
Forestville, California 95436
www.luckymojo.com

=====

This is an ENTIRE WEB SITE i have created from 2008 to the present as a resource about tea leaf reading. It is FREE and it contains a brief introductory set of instructions in tea leaf reading, as well as a museum of fortune telling tea cups, old-time ads for tea leaf reading services, a bibliography of books on the subject, and hundreds of photos of vintage tea rooms of the past.

The Mystic Tea Room: dedicated to the traditional art of fortune telling by tea leaves, also known as tea leaf reading, cup reading, cup tossing, divination by tea leaves, tasseomancy, and tasseography.
https://mystictearoom.com

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: Tea Leaf Coffee Ground Reading Divination Questions and Answers

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:15 pm

There are one or two that I would absolutely love to add to our collection. Drool-worthy, indeed! I feel lucky to have seen that Not For Sale tea pot as well. Right place at the right time. Thank you for sharing this picture to make my brain fondly remember the tea cup shelves!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

California Sister
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by California Sister » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:40 pm

If you find that you may have an interest in reading tea leaves, is it best to do some research and read up on the practice first? And then, what aids you in selecting the appropriate cup?
Linda, California Sister

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:30 am

California Sister,

Tea leaf reading is highly traditional and does contain "rule sets" or memorized aspects. Even those who acquire the knowledge through family traditions tend to at least create a hand-written list of meanings as they learn.

If you just want a book, without a cup, i recommend The Stranger in the Cup, which i co-wrote with Gregory Lee White (see above), and this well-put-together introduction by Saha Fenton:

BOO-DIV-TCRF
Tea Cup Reading by Sasha Fenton, paperback
$12.95

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For a descriptive list of books about tea leaf reading, all of which contain symbolism lists and instructions, see the illustrated Mystic Tea Boom Bibliography:

Bibliography of Books about Tasseomancy
https://www.mystictearoom.com/wiki/Bibli ... asseomancy
catherine yronwode

bobbyjsimmons
Newly Registered

Unread post by bobbyjsimmons » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:29 am

I imagine the specialized cups made for tasseography, such as the ones sold at Lucky Mojo, are for effect or for ease of reading and not necessary to learn the art? A typical china teacup and saucer would be sufficient to learn this particular form of divination? Am I correct in either of my two assumptions? Thank you in advance for your time. --Bobby

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:44 pm

Hello, bobbyjsimmons,

The ones sold at Lucky Mojo are designed in a way that the tea leaves sit well in the cup and make associations with other symbols (marked inside the cups) and thus the reader will have a better outcome of visualizing the symbols.

They are vintage, and therefore, what the expert "old timers" used.

Modern sets may be distorted in shape (or whatever manufacturers do to change styles), so be sure you buy a "cup-shaped cup.

You can find the vintage cups here: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatdivination.html

If you're learning the art, wishing you the best and PLEASE share your outcomes with us!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

stillsosola

Unread post by stillsosola » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:04 pm

I just bought a vintage 1985 Royal Kendall tea reading cup but how to use it?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:58 am

We sell a full-colour facsimile reproduction of the instruction booklet. Not a highly pupolar item, because of the cost of hand-making each one, but here it is!

DIV-TLX-TAXR
Booklet Taltos Cup of Fortune 1980 Royal Kendall Colour Facsimile of 24 pg. Original
$14.00

catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 pm

Since I am in this thread I thought I would drop this here: I have had nothing but wonderful results when using the Nor-Sun Pu-Ehr loose black tea leaves that Lucky Mojo offers. The leaves are distinct and pronounced, the images seem to pop out quickly, and the tea itself tastes divine. Well worth the purchase.

https://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatherbs.html#herbalteas
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

melvinfrohikie

Unread post by melvinfrohikie » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:59 pm

Those look AMAZING!!! tea/coffee ground readings is something I'd like to look into. Right now I'm pretty much starting out about a month into this kind of magic, but have been reading tarot longer than that. Just learned some new spreads. I'll bet you a tarot AND tea leaf reading would give extra awesome insight when contemplating a situation.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:30 pm

These Fortune-Telling Tea Cups Made Divination Easy
“Many Curious Things I See, When Telling Fortunes In Your Tea.”

BY ANNE EWBANK APRIL 04, 2018

is online at

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/f ... g-tea-cups

and it references and links to my website, The Mystic Tearoom.

Thanks, Anne Ewbank and Atlas Obscura!
catherine yronwode

MariMac

Unread post by MariMac » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:06 pm

I love collecting old tea cups. Thank you for posting those wonderful cups and thanks for suggesting the Nor-Sun Pu-Ehr tea I am very interested.
With gratitude,

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:21 am

Thanks for jumping onto this thread -- it gives me an opportunity to remind folks that my fortune telling tea cup collection is online in its own space, The Mystic Tea Room!

http://MysticTeaRoom.com

At this site you will find photos and text information about hundreds of different fortune telling cups, plus a free tea leaf reading guide, examples of tea leaf reading in popular art, and a fully functional Gift Shop where you may purchase antique cups and facsimiles of the instruction-sheets that came with them from the Lucky Mojo Curio Co,

http://www.mystictearoom.com/wiki/Gift_Shop

The Mystic Tea Room web site is "built out" in structural form with photos, but not all of the pages have been fully filled with text at this time. Please be patient as i work my way through the tea cups, page by page, and supply more data.
catherine yronwode

sag-cap_cusp
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by sag-cap_cusp » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:15 am

Of all the things available for readers, reading tea leaves is what I have always wanted to learn how to do. I'm heading over right now to check this out, because this is truly something I want to learn more about.
Rhonda Verma - G #1778

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:04 pm

In this time of Covid pandemic lockdowns, when i cannot visit a tea room, i have been crafting a new wing at the Mystic Tea Room web site -- documenting the charm and oddities of vintage tea rooms of the past. The TEA ROOMS section is now open!

Mystic Tea Room Additions for 2020:

Tea Rooms
http://www.mystictearoom.com/wiki/Category:Tea_Rooms

Tea Room History
http://www.mystictearoom.com/wiki/Tea_Room_History

Vintage Tea Room Postcards
http://www.mystictearoom.com/wiki/Categ ... _Postcards

Vintage Tea Room Menus
http://www.mystictearoom.com/wiki/Vinta ... Room_Menus

Vintage Tea Room Business Cards
http://www.mystictearoom.com/wiki/Vinta ... ness_Cards

Vintage Tea Room Matchbook Covers
http://www.mystictearoom.com/wiki/Vinta ... ook_Covers

Coming soon -- The Mystic Tea Room will get its own social media account. Details to follow.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:48 pm

The Mystic Tea Room on Social Media: OPENING JANUARY 1, 2021!

On January 1st, 2021, the Mystic Tea Room will go LIVE on social media, with a wonderful giveaway sweepstakes. The page will be opened up for LIKERS and FOLLOWERS and we will award two great prizes at random to those who sign up on Day One! Look for details at the Facebook pages for Catherine Yronwode, The Lucky Mojo Curio Co., the Yronwode Institution for the Preservation and Popularization of Indigenous Ethnomagicology (YIPPIE), or Divination Fortune Telling Oracles.

Mystic Tea Room Social Media will enter the scene on JANUARY 1st 2021 -- which coincidentally falls on the first Lucky Mojo Facebook Fridays! giveaway of 2021 (!). To promote the new Mystic Tea Room page, Lucky Mojo will give away two boxed Jane Lyle Cup of Destiny tea cup sets plus accompanying copies of the new Stranger in the Cup book by Gregory Lee White and catherine yronwode.

Facebook Fridays giveaways have been running at Lucky Mojo's FB page since 2014, but unlike all other Facebook Fridays! contests, this one will be held at the Mystic Tea Room Facebook page, not the LMCCo page -- and we will announce in advance that the winners will only be selected from among those who LIKE the new MTR page. That should get us some great likes on Day One.

So mark your calendars, get your clicking fingers ready -- and on JANUARY 1st 2021, be prepared to go to The Mystic Tea Room on Facebook <-- Remember, it is not live yet! We will give you the link on January 1st, 2021.

When you get there, please "like" the new MTR page so that we can reach more people, and then leave your greeting comment to be entered in the contest. Thanks!

P.S. This is the Tudor Rose Tea Room in Santa Rosa, California. For more fabulous Tea Room images, go to http://mystictearoom.com/wiki/Vintage_T ... _Postcards
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:25 pm

RETURN TO TEA-LAND!

Tier 3 JULY 21st, 2021

Hello, everyone, and thank you for supporting "It's All Ephemera"!

Having completed my book projects over the page quarter-year, i am ready to go exploring again, allowing myself to be led down the byways of folk magic and fortune telling, writing and illustrating web pages with your kind patronage.

This week we return to The Land Of Tea, a beautiful haven we last visited on February 28th, almost five months ago.

When last we journeyed through Tea-Land, we were on "The Year of Living Vicariously," which carried us from Bettws-y-Coed, Wales, to Marbleton, Quebec, Canada, and on to Bruxelles, Belgium. That story, for which the world is not yet ready, will be released to the public on February 28th, 2022.

On our return to The Land of Tea, we dip into divination, mystery, and magic.

It is online now for my Patrons, in gratitude for your support. The public will not see it until July 21st, 2022, by which point it will be unlocked to their wondering minds.

But you, my Patrons, you get the SECRET URL, and for your eyes only, the Land of Tea in visibility grows as we penetrate the fog-shrouded mists.

Five URLS (of which 4 are regular stand-bys) go out on July 21st, 2021 for Tier 3 Patrons and above as a reward for your ongoing support of my Patreon project.

In this installment of "From the Land of Tea," i offer you a private upcoming page that will eventually be on display at the Mystic Tea Room web site. As a Patreon supporter, you have access to thee page one full year before the public does.

1) Having Your Fortune Told At a Tea Room

[THE SECRET URL IS SENT TO PATRONS VIA EMAIL]

This brand new web page bears an innocuous-sounding name -- but oh what oddities that title hides! We learn of Madame Evelyn, and Ross, and Bernice, and the Old Leatherneck himself, the one and only Republican Tea Leaf Reading Marine Corps Veteran, M. E. Businger. Plus -- Fortune tellers under arrest! The rise of the Christian Right! The New Temple of Fortune!

2) The Mystic Tea Room Web Site

http://mystictearoom.com/wiki/The_Mystic_Tea_Room

"Having Your Fortune Told At a Tea Room" is part of The Mystic Tea Room web site, which is dedicated to the traditional art of fortune telling by tea leaves, also known as tea leaf reading, cup reading, cup tossing, divination by tea leaves, tasseomancy, and tasseography. If you are not yet familiar with the public portion of the site, check it out!

3) "From the Land of Tea" Private Forum:

As a Patron, you have access to our exclusive threads at the Lucky Mojo Forum! Signing up takes a few seconds, and each thread allows you to participate in discussions with me about the ongoing Patreon page publications. To comment on this week's new pages, or any of the previous posts, please go to my private Patreon forum at the web address above.

4) And remember, if you have any difficulty reaching any of my PRIVATE Patreon forums, you can post a notice and request for help at the PUBLIC Patreon Forum page here:

support-cat-yronwode-on-patreon-t93993.html

5) If your friends ask you how to support me on Patreon, please send them to "It's All Ephemera," where they can read my update posts and sign on as Patrons:

http://patreon.com/catherineyronwode

6) Please follow me on Facebook at

https://www.facebook.com/catyronwode

Patrons at Tiers 4, 5, and 6 can expect their packages of books and ephemera to go out on August 1st, 2021.

Cordially,

cat yronwode
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:24 pm

The Mystic Tea Room: MAGICAL MATCHBOOKS

Tier 3 JULY 28th, 2021

This week in "From the Land of Tea," we dive deeper into the strange and almost forgotten world of psychic reading parlours that doubled as tea rooms, and tea rooms that doubled as psychic reading parlours.

Last week's Patreon web page on "Having Your Fortune Read At a Tea Room" surveyed the territory of tea readers, card readers, palmists, crystal ball scryers, and sand diviners who served their clients in tea shops.

(By the way, if you were subscribed last week, go back to the URL you got in email then and look at the page again -- i have almost DOUBLED it size then, with added illustrations and text!)

The most common advertising used by psychic readers who set up in tea rooms was the work-a-day business card, but when the tea room proprietors actually sponsored the readers, they tended to use a standard restaurant advertising medium, the matchbook cover.

At one time matchbooks were given out for free by almost every business in America, but when smoking was outlawed in restaurants, these ubiquitous pieces of commercial art became less common. They are still with us, but most folks now carry petroleum-fueled lighters.

Vintage matchbook covers tell us the amazing history of tea rooms and tea room themes, including tea room divination. This new web page, for the exclusive enjoyment of my Patrons for one year, takes us down the matchbook rabbit hole, to a little pocket-dimension of graphic delight.

1) Vintage Tea Room Matchbook Covers

Journey with me now to Matchbook Land, the world of sho-card letters, graphic artists, and diligent typesetters, who helped make tea rooms and tea room fortune-telling the wonderful pleasure it was ... and may yet still be.

Thanks to my lovely and supportive Patrons -- you have made this web page possible.

"Vintage Tea Room Matchbook Coverss" is part of The Mystic Tea Room web site, which is dedicated to the traditional art of fortune telling by tea leaves, also known as tea leaf reading, cup reading, cup tossing, divination by tea leaves, tasseomancy, and tasseography. If you are not yet familiar with the public portion of the site, check it out!

As a Patron, you have access to our exclusive threads at the Lucky Mojo Forum! Signing up takes a few seconds, and each thread allows you to participate in discussions with me about the ongoing Patreon page publications. To comment on this week's new pages, or any of the previous posts, please go to my private Patreon forum at the web address above.

4) And remember, if you have any difficulty reaching any of my PRIVATE Patreon forums, you can post a notice and request for help at the PUBLIC Patreon Forum page here:

5) If your friends ask you how to support me on Patreon, please send them to "It's All Ephemera," where they can read my update posts and sign on as Patrons:

Patrons at Tiers 4, 5, and 6 can expect their packages of books and ephemera to go out on August 1st, 2021.

Cordially,

cat yronwode
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:03 am

Psychic Readers' Fortune-Telling and Divination Special (10 Books)

Use in Magic:
This awesome array of books will help you see what the future holds in store. Included in the The Psychic Readers' Fortune-Telling and Divination Special are catherine yronwode's "Throwing the Bones," Michele Jackson's "Bones Shells, and Curios," Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain's "Crystal Magic" and "Lithomancy," Professor Porterfield's "A Deck of Spells," Dr. Jeremy Weiss's "Vulvamancy," Valentina Burton's "Fortune Tellers Guide to Success," Dr. Roy Page Walton's "The Secret of Numbers Revealed," edited by cat yronwode, "The Stranger in the Cup" by Gregory Lee White and catherine yronwode, and last but not least, Claude Alexander Conlin's "Secrets of the Crystal Silence League."

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in spells of love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
In this ten-volume set -- a total of 960 pages! -- you will learn the history, methods, and techniques of psychic reading and divination with bones, coins, crystals, stones, numbers, cards, and observation of physical traits, and you will also receive a career-building manual on how to set up your own professional psychic reading practice. These ten books regularly sell for $9.00 each (a total of $90.00). Pay only $8.00 each when you buy all ten as a package deal -- a total of only $80.00 (a savings of $10.00). Order "The Psychic Readers' Fortune-Telling and Divination Special" and you will receive one copy each of these 96-page books:

• Bones, Shells, and Curios by Michele Jackson
• Crystal Magic by Jon Saint Germain
• A Deck of Spells by Professor C. D. Porterfield
• The Fortune Teller's Guide to Success by Valentina Burton
• Lithomancy by Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain
• The Secret of Numbers Revealed by catherine yronwode, Dr. Roy Page Walton, Lewis de Claremont, Godfrey Spencer, and Frank Householder
• Secrets of the Crystal Silence League by Claude Alexander Conlin, edited, annotated, restored, and revised by catherine yronwode and Deacon Millett
• The Stranger n the Cup by Gregory Lee White and catherine yronwode
• Throwing the Bones by catherine yronwode
• Vulvamancy by Dr. Jeremy Weiss

Format: Ten 96 page books (960 pages), trade paperbacks, illustrated
Publisher: LMCCo and MISC
Publication dates: 2013-2020
ISBNs: Various
Tagged: Divination, Spells and Magic, Specials

BOO-SPE-DIVI
Psychic Readers' Fortune-Telling and Divination Special (10 Books)
$80.00

For more information, see:
https://www.luckymojo.com/luckymojopubl ... l#specials
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:26 pm

The Mystic Tea Room:
Aynsley Commemorative Cups:
Designed in England, Made in China, Sold in Japan

Tier 3 August 21st, 2021

This week in "From the Land of Tea," Patrons get one overview web page, plus SIX extra sneak-peak pages, as we explore the history of the Aynsley Cup of Fortune 2018 Commemorative Edition, which featured a redesign of the famous 1904 Nelros Cup of Fortune -- and was only released for sale in Japan.

Tea leaf readers the world around consider the Nelros Cup of Fortune the gold standard of Symbol and Astrology tea cups. Does this official redesign do the original justice? Let an old-time tasseomancer tell you true!

1) Aynsley Cup of Fortune 2018 Commemorative Edition

Just one link, that's all it takes, to lead you down the rabbit hole to a Mad Hatter's Tea Party with SIX more Patreon web pages featuring information and photos of the newest and weirdest Aynsley Cups of Fortune ever seen. Should you try one? Should you buy one? Should you buy them ALL? Can you afford NOT to?

Just $2.00 per week is all i ask of Patrons to support my writing about divination on the web and in books.

Thanks, as always, to my helpful and supportive Patrons -- you have made these brand new web pages possible.

2) The Mystic Tea Room Web Site -- free to the public

"The Aynsley Cup of Fortune 2018 Commemorative Edition" is part of The Mystic Tea Room web site, which is dedicated to the traditional art of fortune telling by tea leaves, also known as tea leaf reading, cup reading, cup tossing, divination by tea leaves, tasseomancy, and tasseography. If you are not yet familiar with the public portion of the site, check it out!

3) "From the Land of Tea" Private Forum: Where Patrons can discuss the material culture of tea leaf reading with me.

5) Please follow me on Facebook at

Cordially,

cat yronwode
catherine yronwode

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:07 pm

AMERICAN TEA ROOMS!

Tier 2 OCTOBER 14th, 2021

Once more we leap into the past, exploring the tea rooms of bygone America, strung with crepe paper, decorated with giant parrots, set about with potted palms, and offering delicate viands in comfortably homey woman-safe spaces. Or lighthouses. Or old mills.

In the Land Of Tea, beauty and daft charm await us, and caffeine. Always caffeine, every female's friend.

Today's journey takes in the states of Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, and South Dakota. There will be surprises, there will be nostalgia, and, yes, there will be Republicans.

"American Tea Rooms" is online now for my Patrons, in gratitude for your support. The public will not see it until October 14th, 2022, by which point it will be unlocked for their amazement.

But you, my Patrons, you get the SECRET URL, and so for your eyes only, the Land of Tea becomes a quivering reality, seen though the doorway to another dimension, a private upcoming page that will eventually be on display at the Mystic Tea Room web site. As a Patreon supporter, you have access to the page one full year before the public does.

Six URLS (of which 5 are regular stand-bys) go out on October 14th, 2021 for Tier 2 Patrons and above as a reward for your ongoing support of my Patreon project.

1) American Tea Rooms

http://mystictearoom.com/wiki/Category: ... _Postcards

This brand new web page marks my return to the project of scanning and uploading hundreds or rare old tea room postcard images and my accompanying research about them.

After a year for Patrons to enjoy, this material will make its way to the public-facing pages of The Mystic Tea Room, a repository of all things Tea.

"American Tea Rooms" is part of The Mystic Tea Room web site, which is dedicated to the traditional art of fortune telling by tea leaves, also known as tea leaf reading, cup reading, cup tossing, divination by tea leaves, tasseomancy, and tasseography. If you are not yet familiar with the public portion of the site, check it out!

5) If you want to support me on Patreon, please go to "It's All Ephemera," where you can read my update posts and sign on as Patrons:

Patrons at Tiers 4, 5, and 6 can expect their packages of books and ephemera to go out on October 15th, 2021.

Cordially,

cat yronwode

#FortuneTelling #MysticTeaRoom #TeaCups #TeaLeafReading #genderandsociety
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:42 am

Old English Tea Rooms

Tier 3 NOVEMBER 28th, 2021

In this month's journey to the past, we take a trip through the Motherland of Tea Rooms, old England. Here we see a national treasury of pre-1950 postcards showing thatched cottages, 16th century Tudor architecture, stored farmsteads, and repurposed rectories. Above all, a wealth of fireplaces, flowers, and potted palms, for in the Land Of Tea, we appreciate all that which is cozy and warm.

1) Old English Tea Rooms

This brand new web page continues my project of curating, scanning, and uploading rare old tea room postcard images and contextualizing them with accompanying descriptions. There are 20 vintage postcards in this batch. After a year for Patrons to enjoy, the material will make its way to the public-facing pages of The Mystic Tea Room, a repository of all things Tea.

"Old English Tea Rooms" is online now for my Patrons, in gratitude for your support. The public will not see it until November 28th, 2022, at which point it will be opened for all to enjoy.

"Old English Tea Rooms" is part of The Mystic Tea Room web site, which is dedicated to the traditional art of fortune telling by tea leaves, also known as tea leaf reading, cup reading, cup tossing, divination by tea leaves, tasseomancy, and tasseography. If you are not yet familiar with the public portion of the site, check it out!

from-the-land-of-tea-t93994.html

This URL is for Patrons only, and opens an exclusive area of the Lucky Mojo Forum! Signing up takes a few seconds, and each thread allows you to participate in discussions with me about the ongoing Patreon page publications. To comment on this week's new pages, or any of the previous posts, please go to my private Patreon forum at the web address above.

5) If you want to support me on Patreon, please go to "It's All Ephemera," where you can read my update posts and sign on as Patrons:

Patrons at Tiers 4, 5, and 6 can expect their November packages of books and ephemera to ship out on December 1st, 2021.

Cordially,

cat yronwode
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:49 am

Thanks to my Patrons, who contribute as little as $2.00 per week for an exclusive one-year sneak-peek behind the scenes, i am able to write a new web page every week on the history of folk magic and divination. This week, as my husband and i begin our second year at Patreon, the first of last year's private Patreon pages has gone public. THANK YOU, Patrons, for making this possible. Go to https://TheMysticTeaRoom.com to find this newly public page, and please consider supporting me on Patreon so i can keep on working on "It's All Ephemera!"
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:29 am

Thanks to my Patrons, who contribute as little as $2.00 per week for an exclusive one-year sneak-peek behind the scenes, i am able to write a new web page every week on the history of folk magic and divination. This week you can go to

https://mystictearoom.com/wiki/Category: ... te_Foreign

to find FOUR newly public pages "From the Land of Tea" -- and please, consider supporting me on Patreon so i can keep on writing "It's All Ephemera!"

#divination #tealeafreading ##hoodoo #folkmagic #conjure #imadethis #themystictearoom

Follow us on Instagram @catherineyronwode and @luckymojocurioco
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:48 pm

Some of my vintage and antique books on tea leaf reading. As you can see, many of these are well worn — because I have been a tea leaf reader for 60 years. My services can be booked via the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers as well as at Hoodoo Psychics (1-888-4-HOODOO extension 1111). I also give free readings weekly on the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour podcast. Sign up at the Lucky Mojo Forum for a free reading and rootwork advice. See my huge, free, educational website on tea, tea rooms, fortune-telling tea cups, and how you can learn to do tea leaf reading at TheMysticTeaRoom.com -- cat

#luckymojocurioco #tarotreading #fortuneteller #psychicreader #tealeafreading #tasseomancy

Follow me on Instagram @catherineyronwode and @luckymojocurioco
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat May 28, 2022 4:23 pm

OLD MASSACHUSETTS TEA ROOMS!

Tier 3 MAY 28th, 2022

Once more we leap into the past, exploring the tea rooms of bygone America, this time in Massachusetts, a state replete with historical buildings, old mills, hooked rugs, and colonial-style furniture. On today's journey we will visit 16 towns and 16 tea rooms, some long vanished and some still in use as eateries. One was destroyed by a hurricane, and you will even see the sad aftermath of that event.

"Old Massachusetts Tea Rooms" is online now for my Patrons, in gratitude for your support. The public will not view it until May 28th, 2023, at which point it will be unlocked for their amazement.

This brand new web page marks my return to the project of scanning and uploading hundreds or rare old tea room postcard images and my accompanying research about them.

After a year for Patrons to enjoy, this material will make its way to the public-facing pages of The Mystic Tea Room web site, which is dedicated to the traditional art of fortune telling by tea leaves, also known as tea leaf reading, cup reading, cup tossing, divination by tea leaves, tasseomancy, and tasseography. If you are not yet familiar with the public portion of the site, check it out!

As a Patron, you have access to exclusive threads at the Lucky Mojo Forum! Signing up takes a few seconds, and each thread allows you to participate in discussions with me about the ongoing Patreon page publications. To comment on this week's new pages, or any of the previous posts, please go to my private Patreon forum.

To support me on Patreon, please go to "It's All Ephemera," where you can read my update posts and sign on as Patrons:

Follow me on Facebook at

and on Instagram at

https://www.instagram.com/catherineyronwode

Thanks to my wonderfully supportive Patrons -- you have made this wen page possible.

Cordially,

cat yronwode

#tealeafreading #teacups #tearoome #tasseomancy #MysticTeaRoom #tea
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:30 pm

This week i have made a HUGE leap forward at The Mystic Tea Room. Fans will remember that there is a little Bibliography of tasseomancy books at the site, consisting of the titles that Gregory Lee White and i had previously cited in the one-page bibliography on page 96 of our own book "The Stranger in the Cup: How to Read Your Luck and Fate in the Tea Leaves," published by the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. in 2020. Well, i have a sizable collection of antique, vintage, and contemporary tea leaf guides, and i have been waiting for a long time to find the time to upload them with reviews and cover scans. This week's Patreon page is lengthy, fun to look at, and a bit spicy to read, as i veer between fan-girling my favourite authors and letting my curmudgeonly side loose in reviewing the worst of the worst. Patrons get this bibliographic monstrosity a full year before the public. Read it all now before i change my mind and tone down some of the curse-words!

"The Tea Leaf Reading Bibliography Expansion Set" is online now for my Patrons, in gratitude for your support. The public will not view it until June 14thth, 2023, at which point it will be unlocked for their intellectual edification..

After a year for Patrons to enjoy, this material will make its way to the public-facing pages of The Mystic Tea Room web site, which is dedicated to the traditional art of fortune telling by tea leaves, also known as tea leaf reading, cup reading, cup tossing, divination by tea leaves, tasseomancy, and tasseography. If you are not yet familiar with the public portion of the site, check it out!

Patrons can access exclusive threads at the Lucky Mojo Forum! To comment on this week's new pages, please go to jump on over to my private Patreon forum.

To support me on Patreon, please go to "It's All Ephemera," where you can read my update posts and sign on as Patrons:

Follow me on Facebook at

and on Instagram at

https://www.instagram.com/catherineyronwode

Thanks to my wonderfully supportive Patrons -- you have made this wen page possible.

Cordially,

cat yronwode

#tealeafreading #teacups #tearoome #tasseomancy #MysticTeaRoom #tea
catherine yronwode

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Divination Tools and Methods Reading Cards Candles Palms Tea Leaves Pendulums Bones Ouija Crystals”