Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

HRCC: Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course

How to take cat's Correspondence Course, plus news about Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Workshops, Apprenticeships, and Parties.
Alhazred
Re: HRCC: Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course

Unread post by Alhazred » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:37 pm

Catherine, thanks for the suggestion to check out the forum. I’ve just purchased the required reading and look forward to reviewing those resources before pursuing the course further. Thank you again.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:40 pm

Alhazred,

You can learn more about the course, Miss Cats methodology, and other purchases on this website.
Course: https://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

You will love all the books and materials as it will make the course come alive to you as you study.

JayDee
HRCC Graduate #2156G, Forum Moderator, Reader and Root Worker.

Alhazred

Unread post by Alhazred » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:02 pm

Looking forward to learning more.

jenniferkobernik

Unread post by jenniferkobernik » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:53 pm

I am potentially interested in the correspondence course (just beginning to do the required reading and prepare to purchase supplies).

I have a question regarding the viability of my magical ethics with regards the hoodoo/rootwork correspondence course. It seems that this tradition is significantly more comfortable with hexing/jinxing/cursing than the magical system I currently practice. In general, I’ve found that “negative” work is more accepted in traditions that rely heavily on natural magic, compared to those that primarily involve ritual magic (which is what I practice). This seems sensible to me, and I am willing to approach things a bit more flexibly with natural magic than I would ever do in my ritual magic practice (not that the distinction is always so clear-cut). However, for various practical, moral, and personal reasons, I am largely unwilling to perform workings intended to do direct harm or to dominate/control the will of other people (or, for that matter, incorporeal entities). I believe I have seen this referred to as “working strong” in hoodoo. I am more comfortable with spells for hard justice or self-defense. I also don’t mind working “influence” type spells if I have the permission of the target, especially if the intention is positive and mutual. Given these constraints, do you think I could successfully complete the correspondence course work? If not, I will content myself with doing some work on my own with the more “positive” spells and supplies. Thank you for your time and consideration of my question.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:07 am

jenniferkobernik ,

There is nothing in the course itself that prevents you from practicing a certain way that is aligned with your morals, though do understand that the system does not adapt to you either. Meaning, if you choose to work a certain way, this does not become the right way and all other workers are doing it the wrong way. Many of the practices in Hoodoo have roots to indigenous cultures, religious practices, and the basic need for survival. An example is Essence of Bend Over, this is a product that use to be used by African American women to have the women of the house in which they worked bend to their will.

Death, influencing, revenge, reversing are all parts of Hoodoo and based on tradition. These are discussed in the course, they are not homework assignments however. One assignment involves collecting Graveyard dirt.

You can learn much more about the course and these type of questions here: https://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

JayDee
HRCC Graduate #2156G, Forum Moderator, Reader and Root Worker.

jenniferkobernik

Unread post by jenniferkobernik » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:58 am

JayDee,

Thank you! I do understand that these usages are traditional and make a lot of sense in context, just not something that works for me personally at this time, so wanted to make sure it wouldn’t cause issues with me completing the course, as I don’t wish to waste anyone’s time. Graveyard dirt should not be a problem!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:40 pm

Two of the books i have written on African-American folk magic.

At left is the 432-page hardcover "Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course." In print since 2003, it is the rarest, because it is only available to students who sign up to take my year-long course. On the right is the best-selling 224-page "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic," in print since 2002, with tens of thousands of copies sold in its 20-year history. You can buy my books at Lucky Mojo -- https://luckymojo.com/publishing or at your local metaphysical bookstore or via Amazon. To sign up for the course and get the course book, read about it first at https://luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html (Photo by Shelby O’Connelly.)

#learnmagic #magicspells #hoodoo #hoodoospells #luckymojocurioco #conjure #conjurespells #candlespells #rootwork #rootdoctor #rootworker

Follow us on Instagram @catherineyronwode and @luckymojocurioco
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Catherine's Correspondence Course and Apprenticeship Program”