Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Saint Martha Spiritual Supplies Questions and Answers

All about Lucky Mojo religious supplies, church goods, and altar tools, plus prayers to God, angels, spirits, saints, and deities.
gurkhabeast
Re: Saint Martha Spiritual Supplies Questions and Answers

Unread post by gurkhabeast » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:04 pm

i have a couple of questions.

I have been working with Santa Marta La Dominadora for some years now. I have had a lot of success, but I feel I am not doing things right. It could be my self doubt talking, but, I always feel I can give her more.

1) Not sure if she's satisfied with my offerings. I've read she likes pound cake, but I never find it in stores or bakeries. I am aware she likes sweets. I buy her cookies, brownies, sweet pastries and candies. But again, I am not sure if she likes them or not. She also likes sweet wines, but again, I don't know what exact wines she likes. So i try to buy sweet red wines or anything sweet. I recently discovered she likes Baileys in her coffee. She drinks it up fast and that makes me happy.

2) Recently I have been giving her small bottles of Liquor. Things like apple flavored vodka. One of my friends gave me a small bottle of Blue Label Johnnie Walker since he knows I love scotch. My first thought was, "Wow, I'm going to enjoy this." But then suddenly the thought came to me, "give it to Santa Marta!" I guess what I am trying to ask, I am doing things right? Or is there a way someone can tell me if whisky or any other type of liquor is ok... I've read many different things saying she likes only specific things and read to give her what you enjoy too... so, I'm a little confused.

3) I have a spot where I work where I give her incense and her offerings, but I can't burn a candle. The owner of the shop I work is very religious and nosy and would freak out seeing a Santa Marta La Dominadora candle burning.

4) I can't have an altar for her in my home at all. So, a person burns them for me. I know she burns them for me because she sends me pictures of the candles when they burn black. Which is a recent thing too. All my candles before have burned clear and without any issues. I can only say that Santa Marta has helped and protected me a lot. So I guess I am doing something right. Why are the candles turning black now?

Any help will help with my questions.

Thank You Santa Marta La Dominadora.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:06 pm

Hello, gurkhabeast --

1) You can buy Sarah Lee frozen pound cake in many grocery stores. Just ask.

2) Giving a saint distilled liquor when she prefers coffee -- because YOU like hard liquor -- may be a problem. Liquor knocks people out; you want her to be energetic -- hence the sweet cakes and coffee.

3) Incense is always an acceptable offering.

4) I have a suspicion that the candles are burning black because, as you yourself have noted, you are now offering her Scotch Whiskey and apple Vodka. Nope. That is YOU, not her. With more than a hundred years -- with close to a thousand of years -- of folks offering her sweet baked goods and coffee, i think it is time to pay respect to the tradition. She is still helping you, but something is upsetting her. Also -- make sure that the person who sets your lights does not overdose them with herbs or oil, because that too can cause a sooty burn. If you want us to do a test candle for you at CandleMinistry.com, we will give you an honest report on the burn and interpret it for you.

For more information on MISC Candle Services, please check out the MISC Candle Ministry web page, here:

Candle Services at Missionary Independent Spiritual Church

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

gurkhabeast

Unread post by gurkhabeast » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:41 pm

catherineyronwode

Thank you for replying... Yes, you are right. I will stop giving her distilled liquor. I'll stick with wine instead. I'll just have to look for the sweet wines for her. As far as the pound cake, yes, again, you are right. I never thought of going to frozen foods section and looking for the pound cake. But she does like her coffee with baileys. I will be more careful when giving her offerings. It's funny, everytime I go into a botanica asking for a Santa Marta la Dominadora candle, they know nothing about her. All I know about her is what I've read on line. The Incense I get her is her own incense, I once gave her a different incense and she turned all three of them off. Lesson learned. I will check out candleministry.com and may take you up on that offer. Again thank you for replying so promptly. I am sure I will have more questions in the future.

Christopher No Saint
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Christopher No Saint » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:41 am

Hi gurkhabeast,

There are 2 St Martha the Dominator. If your local botanica does not know this person, you really need a new store. The white St Martha, for lack of better term, was the sister of Lazarus and Mary. It is believed, after the crucifixion, she and sibling arrived in the south of France. You would think of the flowers of the south of France, Gardenia, Vetiver, Carnation when doing offering. This could be why she likes wine as well. She is also seen as a knight, and is depicted slaying a dragon. This is a strong woman.

The black St Martha, for lack of better term, was a snake handler by the name Nala Damajanti. She is associated with ADR spirit of fertility and motherhood. Normally seen as a black woman with natural hair, holding a python, sometimes with a baby at her feet. She likes offerings of Coca Cola, Perfume, Rich foods, Watermelon, and Rum.

I don't know which Martha you are working with.
https://www.luckymojo.com/incense-saint-martha.html

Best of Luck

Christopher
HRCC Graduate #2250

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:34 am

gurkhabeast,

Saint Martha is known as the Dominator when petitioned to control a man.

In Catholic folk tradition she is seen as a saint with a dragon: https://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Saint_Martha

in Santeria she is seen as the description Brother Christopher described.

You can rest assured if ordering products from Lucky Mojo you are getting the most authentic items for the work you are doing.

JayDee
HRCC Graduate #2156G, Forum Moderator, Reader and Root Worker.

gurkhabeast

Unread post by gurkhabeast » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:05 pm

@Christopher No Saint

Thank you for replying. Like you say, for lack of a better term. I am using the "black" Santa Marta La Dominadora. The info I got for offerings was from a website that is no longer working It stated the sweet wines and pound cake perfume and flowers. So, now I'm confused. The picture it had on the website was of the black Santa Marta La Dominadora with snakes. I guess I was doing everything wrong, and yet, she helped me. She's awesome!! I will do the offerings like you stated.

@JayDee

Thank you. I really appreciate all the info all of you are giving to me. I really do not want to anger her or be upset because of misinformation. But as I stated, Santa Marta La Dominadora has helped me a lot regardless of the wrong offerings I've given her. She is AWESOME! I will try to give her the correct offerings. I know she likes Bailey's with her coffee a lot.

One quick question... does the number 3 have anything to do with Santa Marta La Dominadora? For a couple of weeks I've been seeing the number 3 alot. When I'd give her incense, 3 sticks would always come out. Used to burn 2 at a time. But all of a sudden 3 sticks were coming out... any info on this is appreciated.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:12 pm

gurkhabeast,

Three is a common number used in hoodoo or other spiritual practices. Also seeing a number consistently can be a sign to the work.

You can read more about signs and movement on this forum topic: signs-omens-movement-completion-of-spel ... t6436.html

JayDee

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:54 pm

gurkhabeat,

This post, very early in this thread, shows both Saint Marthas.

saint-martha-spiritual-supplies-questio ... t5462.html#

This post also shows both of them:

saint-martha-spiritual-supplies-questio ... tml#p20688

It's a good idea to at least skim through the entire thread, because there is a lot of information here, contributed by many wise practitioners over the years

Another thought came to me -- you did not mention what day your friend is setting the lights for you. Both Saint Marthas are to have their lights set on a Tuesday.

Here is a holy card to Saint Martha the Dominator that specifies a "light" on "every Tuesday":

catherine yronwode

gurkhabeast

Unread post by gurkhabeast » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:28 pm

@catherineyronwode

I've asked her to burn my candles on Tuesdays. I'm sure there are times she forgets to burn on that day, but I buy enough candles were there is a continuous burning of candles. I usually buy two or three candles at a time. I'm sure she's not burning all at once. At least that's what she has stated. She'll burn more that one candle if I ask her to.

I went to buy one candle today, she mentioned my last candles have burned somewhat slowly than usual and they are no longer black. She did say they are not clear, more grey smokey foggy than clear or black. I asked her if that is a good thing. She said, yes it is. She also said since I'm not the one burning the candles that the energy is not fully there. If i were burning the candles they'd burn faster with a higher flame.

I know I do have effect on other peoples candles when I near them. The flame starts to dance wildly in front of me. When i step a couple of steps back, they are calm. But it frustrates me I can't burn a candle in my home or work. It's just impossible.

I did get a green one day candle to burn on tuesday when I petition Santa Marta. I will burn it in my work with some of Santa Martas Oil and I will place a new offering for her.

Any advise since I'm burning this smaller candle? By the way, green is the color that works best for me. I've tried the other colors of her Candles and I feel she don't like them as much.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:59 pm

gurkhabeast,

You can learn about candle divination and signs in the wax from a book written by Miss Cat, The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic.

The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic: https://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html

Lucky Mojo also carries authentic St Martha products and candles.

St. Martha: https://www.luckymojo.com/products-saint-martha.html

You can also have Lucky Mojo Saint Martha Candles set for you by MISC.

MISC Candle Service: https://missionaryindependent.org/candle-services.html

JayDee

Christopher No Saint
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Christopher No Saint » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:46 pm

Hi gurkhabeast,

A few tips:

Remember to cut the wick before lighting, longer wick will cause high flame and faster burn.

With glass candles if you light and put them out and relight with matches sometime this causes black on the glass, too many herbs or oils also cause this.

Saints like tea lights just as much as 7 day glass candles. If you light tea light daily, they burn for 2 hours. Many workers use chime candles, they burn for 45 minutes.

You can build an altar on the floor, in a garage, shed, in a flower pot, Altoids tin, whatever. The particular St Marta you work with actually has altars on the floor as she is associate with snakes.

If you are getting repeated black or cloudy candles, change to Blockbuster as something is blocking the work.

https://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html
https://www.luckymojo.com/blockbuster.html

Best of Luck

Christopher
HRCC Graduate #2250

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:17 pm

Dear ghurkabeast,

Regarding the Saint Martha candles you are having burned by a friend. You write that, "She also said since I'm not the one burning the candles that the energy is not fully there."

Imagine hiring a race-car driver to drive your race car and then when he lost the race he said, "Since you're not the one driving the car, the energy is not fully there."

I'm gonna call b.s. on that idea. Yes, burning your own candles is always best -- and as recommended, you could burn 45-minute chime candles or 2-jour tea lights -- but if she cannot put the FULL ENERGY in other people's candles, she ought not to be burning candles for other people. Perhaps another candle lighter would serve you better.
catherine yronwode

gurkhabeast

Unread post by gurkhabeast » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:54 am

@Christopher No Saint

I would love to build an alter for her on the floor. But I am very limited of what i can do. I can't have an alter at home at all. home is a no go. At work, since I work in a Cigar Shop, I'm here all day. BUt the store isn't mine. The owner is very Catholic and anti everything. Plus he is nosy. I can't have the alter on the floor. so, i have a makeshift alter on a shelf where I have her offerings and burn her incense. That's the best i can do. I am not ashamed of the alter. I feel Santa Marta understands, at least i hope she does. But like you said i an alter can be anything even an altoids tin. I can maybe make one in a cigar box....hmmmm

gurkhabeast

Unread post by gurkhabeast » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:00 am

@catherineyronwode

You are so right. Even before she told me that, I got a candle, a small four hour candle to burn. I was thinking of adding more of my energy by burning the smaller candle. I'll put add some Santa Marta La Dominadora Oil in the candle. I may have to take you up on your offer and use candleministry.com to burn a couple of candles for me. It may be the push of energy i need.

thrivingaries

Unread post by thrivingaries » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:09 am

Hi just had a quick question.
I bought a 7 day saint martha novena do I have to burn a little bit every Tuesday or can I just burn it and let it burn continously and pray daily until its finished burning ?

Thanks

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:42 pm

thrivingaries ,

Burn it until it is done is the traditional method for burning a 7-day votive candle also called a novea candle. You can put it out when you are not home for safety purposes, the downside is it takes away the ability to read the candle for divination.

JayDee

thrivingaries

Unread post by thrivingaries » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:52 pm

Ok thanks so iv heared st Martha delivers before the 9th Tuesday but because I'm doing the 7 day novea candle do I state when I would like results by or? Or is it still before the 9th Tuesday?

gurkhabeast

Unread post by gurkhabeast » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:19 pm

@thrivingaries

You'll love Santa Marta... she is very powerful and she will help you so much. I feel Santa Marta will give you what you need in her own time. I suggest you listen to catherineyronwode she is a great guide.

thrivingaries

Unread post by thrivingaries » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:34 pm

Ok yeah I understand that but ain't there a certain Time frame before u decide to move on.. as iv heared when your doing it the other way, burning a candle every Tuesday for 9 Tuesdays she will.deliver before the 9th Tuesday.. wanted to see how I would know a time frame using the 7 day novea...

Would be helpful to know as it would apply to any other saint and work ill be doing in the future..

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:05 pm

thrivingaries ,

You set a new candle every Tuesday. Each small candle may burn an hour, 3 hours, whatever size it is, and a larger candle may burn for a day or to, and if it is a glass-encased Novena candle, each candle takes 5 to 7 days to burn. But in every case, you burn 9 candles.
catherine yronwode

gurkhabeast

Unread post by gurkhabeast » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:59 pm

@thrivingaries

i'm no expert at all, but, asking a spirit for a set date to be guaranteed, I've never done. I've asked what I wanted gave them offerings as show of thanks for listening to me. As far as the outcome of said petition, I leave it up to them. Sometimes is fast, sometimes it takes longer. It's important to have faith the spirit will help you. Also, What I've read is, Sanata Martha La Dominadora, the "black" Santa Marta, for lack of better term, the one with the snake, is a hot spirit and you should give her offerings when lighting her candle and asking for anything. I may be wrong, but I always give her black coffee and sweet pastries. It all depends on which Santa Marta you are using. There are many with the Santa Marta name. I use the one holding a snake.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:45 am

thrivingaries,

The time frame you are referencing is a concept that you set a reasonable time frame for how long you are going to do the work, then let it be and move on. This is very important in Reconciliation work, where people will do work for years on a particular person with marginal movement.

I do not ask the spirit that is assisting me to work within a deadline, or set it as a requirement to my spell, rather I say I will work Reconciliation products on John Doe for 6 mo, and in 6 mo if he has not returned then I will move on.

JayDee

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:29 am

thrivingaries,

I agree with JayDee. The gracious help of a spirit, saint, ancestor, or deity is not mine to command. Rather, i set a limit of time upon my work, and thank the spirit for aid. If the help is not given, i acknowledge that fact.

As for how long your spiritual work on a faded love relationship should continue, that is a different issue, as JayDee also said. In talking about that with my clients, i always think of the old Kenny Rogers song, "The Gambler." The lines, "You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em" is great advice. Have a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnJetRF6Tyc

On a warm summer's evening
On a train bound for nowhere
I met up with the gambler;
We were both too tired to sleep.
So we took turns a-starin'
Out the window at the darkness
Then boredom overtook us
And he began to speak.

He said, "Son, I've made a life
Out of readin' people's faces,
Knowin' what the cards were
By the way they held their eyes;
So if you don't mind my sayin'
I can see you're out of aces;
For a taste of your whiskey
I'll give you some advice."

So I handed him my bottle
And he drank down my last swallow,
Then he bummed a cigarette
And asked me for a light.
And the night got deathly quiet
And his face lost all expression,
Said, "If you're gonna play the game, boy
You gotta learn to play it right.

You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run.
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table;
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done.

Every gambler knows
That the secret to survivin'
Is knowin' what to throw away
And knowin' what to keep;
'Cause every hand's a winner
And every hand's a loser
And the best that you can hope for
Is to die in your sleep."

And when he'd finished speakin'
He turned back toward the window,
Crushed out his cigarette,
Faded off to sleep;
And somewhere in the darkness
The gambler he broke even,
But in his final words
I found an ace that I could keep:

"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done."
catherine yronwode

thrivingaries

Unread post by thrivingaries » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:38 am

Okay..got it thank you everyone

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:33 am

I gamble with points and play chips quite often. This song comes up a lot, and i thought it beneficial to provide it some analysis. It is not a chastizing for not succeeding, but a recommendation for greater attention and study of one's activities and their character.

Kenny Rogers sang:
> I met up with the gambler;

This indicates that the person he met was established, someone with a reputation or demeanor of skill and authority.

> I can see you're out of aces;

It is obvious that the singer is suffering from some bad luck; life's hand he's being dealt is difficult or challenging.

> "If you're gonna play the game, boy
> You gotta learn to play it right.

The gambler is offering advice on successful play. This does NOT mean winning every hand dealt to you, but optimizing time and resources spent on hands with prospects and minimizing them on hands which are bound to lose or giving indications of being losing hands longterm.

> You've got to know when to hold 'em

To 'hold them' amounts to continuing to persist in situations which are challenging.

> Know when to fold 'em
> Know when to walk away
> And know when to run.

To 'fold them' is calling it quits on situations beyond redemption.

The gambler is explaining that part of learning to play the game and achieve one's *aims* on a consistent basis is to learn which situations are worthless to persist in (walk away) and which are too risky to pursue (run).

> You never count your money
> When you're sittin' at the table;

This seems to amount to counting chickens before they're hatched. Good players actually do assess chipstacks on the table while we are playing poker, but it is poor strategy, distracting, and graceless play to interrupt the game to assess one's overall gains and losses as a result of play.

> ... the secret to survivin'
> Is knowin' what to throw away
> And knowin' what to keep;

Especially in limited stakes games of poker (such as when each player has a certain number of chips to remain 'alive' in a tournament), being able to assess hand strength is essential to continued play. Those who have no clue about the value of a card hand will invest their chips unwisely and lose them quickly to better players.

This is the heart of Miss Cat's usage of this song in advice for spellcraft optimizing: coming to an awareness of the value of one's circumstance, of one's prospects, for relationships, and especially for positive magical outcomes, is imperative in the use of magical remedies to seek one's aims. This knowledge regarding value or quality is not always easy to acquire. It may require consult with insightful authorities or oracles. It may be assisted by becoming informed about the travails of others, and comparable conditions and people embroiled in them.

> 'Cause every hand's a winner
> And every hand's a loser

This is a deceptively simple statement as to an early evaluation of a dealt hand of cards. While it is accurate that every hand has the possibility of winning a pot, it is *not* guaranteed, and specifying that 'every hand is a winner and a loser' is only true without the benefit of time and the observation of circumstances and developments (changing cards available to make a hand, competing bets, etc.).

> And the best that you can hope for
> Is to die in your sleep."

This speaks to the notion of "the secret of survivin'," and the idea here is avoiding a prolonged and painful failure. In suffering a loss, when one cannot avoid it, it is easiest to lose as quickly and painlessly as possible. In poker, 'dying in your sleep' would be a metaphor for a sudden and surprising discovery that one's unawareness cost one all of one's chips in a single hand with an exciting showdown, unaware that one is hopelessly outmatched by a hidden 'monster' hand. This is preferrable to slowly, and painfully, languishing with dwindling chips as one's luck remains poor and drags one out of the game.

Optimally, however, one learns to recognize the time to cut one's losses and bail on poor prospects:

Collins Dictionary says:

""cut one's losses
to give up spending time, money, or energy on an unprofitable or unsuccessful activity.
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/di ... nes-losses

Learning to recognize these is imperative so as to achieve success overall.
nagasiva yronwode #0000GA (HRCC Apprentice Grad)
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode

gurkhabeast

Unread post by gurkhabeast » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:10 pm

I have a quick question about about a candle. I burned a candle and the top is pretty dark and then started to clear up until it was clean. Then the candle broke way at the bottom. the candle burned completely, no wax was left. Anyone have any idea if this is a good thing or bad? I used a green "black" Santa Martha la Dominadora holding a snake.

JayDee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:07 pm

gurkhabeast,

This forum is about Lucky Mojo products, we cannot speak on other products because we are not aware of the care, quality and professionalism put into those items.

In candle divination a dark top is strong resistance, clearing up means with more work it would get better, however, the candle "broke away at the bottom" and I am assuming this is a glass candle, breaking is not a good sign.

You should seek a reading regarding the purpose of this work for clarity.

AIRR readers: https://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/ ... ootworkers

JayDee

mastersirius678

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:46 pm

First of all, I thank St Martha for granting me her powers as a blessing for me in the form of a hypnosis mp3 file, to help me create female submissives and lead them to the right path in life, and at the same time, helped me to end my long time loneliness due to being unsuccessful with women in the past. I already got three submissives, and has a list of commands at the ready.

However, for my first submissive, I accidentally released her, I petitioned Martha to bring her back to me. I offered her butter pound cake, white orchid, water, and Florida water, did I do everything right?

I also have a pray card of St Martha I got when I ordered a LM Bend Over mojo hand in the past, I actually had this pray card since sometime in 2019, but never used it, I guess St Martha had been watching me this whole time.

Christopher No Saint
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Christopher No Saint » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:10 pm

Hi mastersirius678,

You can always get a reading at https://www.readersandrootworkers.org/w ... ootworkers. There are also accomplished hypnotist there. If you need quick reading and advice, you can also use https://www.hoodoopsychics.com/.

Best of Luck
Christopher
HRCC Graduate #2250

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Religious Goods and Altar Tools in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure”