Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gree-Gree Questions & Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure hands, mojo bags, nation sacks, trick bags, tobies, jomos, spell packets, Jack balls, and dolls.
Slither
Re: Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gree-Gree Questions & Answers

Unread post by Slither » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:21 am

I retired my mojo hand crown of success,couldn't every day have it with me in current work and pray my petition. :roll: :cry:

JayDee
AIRR Member

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:21 am

Slither,

After a week of carrying on the body, you do not need to have it on you daily. wear it when you interview, wear it when you apply for jobs, wear it when you need a boost to give you success.

JayDee
HRCC Graduate #2156G, Forum Moderator, Reader and Root Worker.

landsgenesis2

Unread post by landsgenesis2 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:46 am

Hey guys, it's been months since I've been here; I do intend to read this thread in its entirety when I'm free from work in the event this post proves redundant.

There is a back story, but I'll spare you all that -- suffice it to say I'm really in a bind here. I plan to purchase the actual Lucky Mojo book and get proper ingredients, but in the interim, I'm curious to know if containing and carrying salt, pepper, basil, bay leaf (this is just me thinking and brainstorming) and perhaps something else (?), sealed with a Psalm and/or prayer would work for anything like a shield or guard against general malevolence?

I really want to emphasize that I mean no disrespect to the process and that I'm not just taking some haphazard approach to this just because "I don't feel like doing all that." No, no, this is just something I'm wondering would have any power until I can give it its due reverence. I thoroughly understand that sloppy work yields sloppy results, but again, I'm kind of in a bind.

Thanks, and manifold blessings to you <3 🙏
I will utter dark sayings of old: Which we have heard and known and our fathers have told us.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:49 pm

dear landgenesis,

You are on the right track:

Salt -- protects
Pepper (black) -- repels evil
Basil -- repels evil
Bay leaf -- grants protection through invisibility and a wise mind

To these you might add

Eucalyptus -- repels vermin and disease
Mint -- protects against evil and illness

There are others, but that is what came to mind right now.

cat
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Lucky_Pistol

Unread post by Lucky_Pistol » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:06 am

Hello,

I have an important question regarding a dream I had pertaining unto the nature of my Mojo.

In my dream I pulled out my Mojo from my pocket as I felt it sticking into me, for which, I normally do not feel it doing-so ( neither in waking-life as well... ) In my hand I noticed something sharp poking against the chamois material. Curious I untied the Mojo, and, to my surprise found a thin membrane-like material tied, at the top and holding all the contents inside it ... the material was like, saran wrap ... but, then, too, I noticed couple small tears upon this ( skin? ) coating. I turned it over in my hand. That's when I noticed it: a claw growing from the midst of the contents. I put the ( skeleton? ) back inside the chamois, tied it back tight, and, reminded myself to make sure and look into-this further. I awoke ...

I feed my Mojo every Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I anoint ( feed ... ) my Mojo one-time upon these days within a five-spot design. I feel-like my Mojo is trying to tell me it needs more feeding upon these days? In the mannerism of, anoint it with the oil-in a five-spot--upon said days, but, do so twice!

Any feedback upon this dream would be much appreciated.

Lucky Pistol

P.S. I have had my Mojo alive now for a good month.

JayDee
AIRR Member

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:32 pm

Lucky_Pistol ,

We do not provide dream interpretations on the forum, though you can get one by an AIRR member who can interpret it for you: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/A ... ootworkers

If your interpret that it needs more feeding, try adding more oil to the mojo, smoke it in incense and hold it close to your body as you pray over it to increase in might and strength.

JayDee

Lucky_Pistol

Unread post by Lucky_Pistol » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:20 pm

JayDee,

Thank you for answering my post. I didn't even think about asking a member from AIRR. Honestly, my interpretation is too feed it more. I get that hunch, feeling. I'll do this, then. Thank you again, JayDee!

Lucky Pistol

JayDee
AIRR Member

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:34 pm

Lucky_Pistol,

When you have a strong feeling, in my experience is to listen to that and do it. I would also make sure it is secure as your dream seemed to indicate items being lost or falling out.

JayDee

Lucky_Pistol

Unread post by Lucky_Pistol » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:47 am

JayDee,

Now that you mention it my Mojo is rather, how I should I put it ... chunky ... So, when I tied it up finally, it were a little awkward, but, I got the job done. I would like for it to be a little-more secure however. I have this idea ( which I borrowed from Mrs. Cat's book Hoodoo Candle Magic-where she talks about saving the flame of your burning candle...) and I figure why-not wrap the Mojo within another chamois ( thus it becomes double wrapped )? Now that my Mojo has had time to settle, flatten-out somewhat. In this way my thinking becomes too saving my Mojo hand.

I feel comfortable to do this, however, I would like your input upon this matter. What would you do, JayDee? Would you recommend I dismantle the Little-Fella? Start-over? Remove all contents inside ( including the loose leaf curios )? And, if so, then, I would like to still-use all said ingredients-instead bury it and start all over with another! Again, I feel comfortable to save my Mojo wrapping it within another chamois...

I would love to hear your feedback upon this one. Thanks in advance.

Lucky Pistol

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:29 am

Hello Lucky_Pistol,

A mojo should never be too "chunky" to be comfortably secured and worn against the skin. If you find yourself asking whether your mojo is as secure as possible, re-think your construction and re-do it as needed.

Double-wrapping a mojo is one way to do it. Editing your contents down to create a mojo that does not fight with you to tie it up easily and confidently is another thing to consider. Feed it regularly and keep it close to your skin whenever possible.

Do pay attention to the messages it is giving you. Mojos become living things if you prepare and nurture them correctly, so they will communicate with you. If in doubt, follow JayDee's advice and contact a member of AIRR to interpret for you.

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Slither

Unread post by Slither » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:24 am

@JayDee,should wear often with success oil the mojo hand right,to keep its energy for our desire,prayer and purpose?

JayDee
AIRR Member

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:19 pm

Slither ,

Yes you would want to wear it often and feed it often, pray over it often, this is one way of working a mojo to help you with the desire and bring success.

JayDee

hoodojim817

Unread post by hoodojim817 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:11 am

Hello LM Staff,

I have a red triple strength mojo hand made for good luck in love and money. There are 4 herbs that I would like to replace or leave out and use it toward the intent to draw money.
Rosebuds, Damiana, Cubeb berries and Lavendar flowers.

When I ordered my bag it came with a dram of Van Van oil, but the instructions printed mentioned using Lucky 13 oil which I don't have. Is this, ok?

What are some alternative herbs, roots and oils I can use to make my mojo bag equally effective?

Thank you,
hoodojim817

JayDee
AIRR Member

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:24 pm

hoodojim817 ,

A lodestone to draw money, pyrite stone to draw money, five finger grass, lucky hand root to draw money and luck with the hands. Nutmeg, cinnamon, for luck in drawing money, add a real 2 dollar bill.

Van Van oil is a good oil to turn things from bad to good luck, it can also be dressed to anoint charms that are worn. Lucky 13 would bring luck by using what is traditionally thought of as bad luck (13, black cat) and making it lucky.

I would suggest purchasing for longterm money work, Money Drawing and Wealthy Way.

Money Drawing: https://www.luckymojo.com/moneydrawing.html
Wealthy Way: https://www.luckymojo.com/wealthyway.html

JayDee

hoodojim817

Unread post by hoodojim817 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:09 pm

Jaydee-

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. Looking forward to working up some good conjure from your
suggestions.

Hoodojim817

JayDee
AIRR Member

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:37 am

hoodojim817 ,

You are welcome! Based on your interest in Money magic and mojos, I do think you would also enjoy and learn a lot from this Lucky Mojo book.

BOO-GRI-CASH
Cash Box Conjure, by Miss Phoenix LeFae
$12.00

hoodojim817

Unread post by hoodojim817 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:27 am

JayDee-
Thanks again for replying back and offering advice. I will look into the book mentioned above. There are other mojos I like to work with geared toward my particular goals.

Thank you,
hoodojim817

JayDee
AIRR Member

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:13 pm

hoodojim817,

You would also love this book then, very detailed on making mojo's.

The Art of Making Mojos by catherine yronwode is ready for orders. I think you all will like it. Shipping April 16th, 2018:

BOO-GRI-MOJO
The Art of Making Mojos, by cat yronwode
$12.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

The Art of Making Mojos
Within these pages you will find a treasure-trove of accurate, authentic, and easy-to-follow instructions that teach you how to craft and work with Conjure Hands, Trick Bags, Tobies, Gree-Grees, Jomos, Jacks, and Nation Sacks in the hoodoo folk magic tradition.

• Down-home Methods for Making Conjure Bags
• How to Select Your Herbs, Roots, and Curios
• Dressing and Feeding a Mojo for Any Purpose
• Lucky Mojo Hands for Winning Games of Chance
• Jomos for Money Drawing and Business Success
• Uncrossing, Healing, and Jinx-Breaking Hands
• Tobies for Attraction, Sexuality, and Love
• Bed and Mattress Packets to Bless the Home
• How to Make Nation Sacks and Jack Balls

Catherine Yronwode is the co-proprietor of the Lucky Mojo Curio Company, a manufactory for traditional herb-based conjure supplies, and the pastor of Missionary Independent Spiritual Church. Her books on folk magic and divination include "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic," "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice," "Throwing the Bones," and "Paper In My Shoe." She lives and works on an old farmstead in rural Northern California with her husband, a dog, cats, and chickens.

Here's what's inside:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Dedication 4
Acknowledgements 4

A Hand by Any Name 5

26 Blues Lyrics About Mojo Hands, 1925 -1963 10

A Handful of Basic Principles 12

THE HAND OF ABUNDANCE 21
Herbs and Roots for Money Drawing 22
Dressing and Feeding a Money Mojo 24
The Lucky Hand 25
The Gambler’s Hand 27
Hands for Lucky Dreams 34
Business Prosperity Mojos 35
Job-Getting and Steady Work Mojos 38
Mojos to Keep the Money You Have 39
Mojo Hands to Get a Loan 41

THE HAND OF POWER 43
Herbs and Roots for Power and Health 44
Dressing and Feeding a Power Mojo 46
The Hand of Strength 47
The Healing Hand 48
Power to Overcome Difficulties 50
Power Over Others 51
Hands That Harm and Hurt 52
Court Case Mojos 53

THE HAND OF PROTECTION 55
Herbs and Roots for Protection 56
Dressing and Feeding a Protection Mojo 58
Uncrossing and Jinx-Breaking Hands 59
Hands That Protect Against Envy 60
Hands to Protect Yourself 61
Hands to Protect Your Family 65
Hands to Protect Your Home 66
Safe Travel Mojo Hands 68

THE HAND OF LOVE 71
Herbs and Roots for Love and Sex 72
Dressing and Feeding a Love Mojo 73
Attraction and Love-Drawing Hands 75
Double Lodestone Mojos for Love 80
Bed and Mattress Packets for Love 82
The Nation Sack 85
The Jack Ball 90
Mojos for Family Blessings 91
Mojos for Marital Fidelity 92
Mojos to Rule and Control a Lover 93
Mojos for Reunion or Reconciliation 95

Bibliography 96

hoodojim817

Unread post by hoodojim817 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:36 pm

JayDee-
I have john the conqueror roots that are about 2 inches in length. I need to cut them into pieces the size of a nickel or quarter.
Is there a particular cutting tool for this?

Thanks,
hoodojim817

JayDee
AIRR Member

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:56 pm

hoodojim817,

High John Conqueror roots are a very hard root, it can take a hammer to break them into pieces and even a coffee grinder to break them into smaller pieces.

JayDee

cyprianinspired

Unread post by cyprianinspired » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:41 pm

Would proximity to the person make an impact on the effectiveness of a bag meant to focus on that relationship? For example, if one made the reconciliation bag to soothe love problems in the art of making mojos, would it be less effective for a long distance relationship? I’m excited to receive deacon millets book to learn more reconciliation techniques but I’m curious if mojos might be more suited to what’s directly around the carrier vs a cosmic force unbound by geography

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:28 pm

Hello cyprianinspired,

It has been my experience in conducting love work for clients that geography can have an impact on results, but I attribute this more to the generally greater demands of long distance relationships than to anything spiritually motivated.

That said, spells to influence someone far from you do require spirit to travel a greater distance to reach your target. Not impossible by any means, but just an added factor to your work.

You can certainly do your mojo spell for the object of your desire wherever they may live, and pray for a positive outcome. Your mental and emotional commitment to your work will maximize your chance of success, so stay optimistic.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

cyprianinspired

Unread post by cyprianinspired » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:52 pm

Thanks!

StellaM

Unread post by StellaM » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:53 pm

Quick question about mojo bags: I know that you're not supposed to let other people touch your bag, but I also recently heard someone say that you're not supposed to let other people *see* it either. Is that true? This person also said that, even if no one sees/touches your bag, that you should still make/buy a new one every few years. Is that true as well?

Thank you!

JayDee
AIRR Member

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:27 am

StellaM ,

It is the general practice that a mojo is not to be touched or seen as it can kill the mojo. Does it mean it is dead each time? No, we often do divination to check. My experience if someone picks it up and messes with it, its time to start over, if someone glances, it will likely be fine (my experience). But it is true to keep it from being seen, when not in use keep it in a safe location like a locked box. Every year it is traditional to take the hard objects out, replace the soft objects and reassemble the mojo, most workers do this at a cost for you.

Read more about Mojo bags from Miss Cats book The Art of Making Mojos, these questions and even more are discussed: https://www.luckymojo.com/theartofmakingmojos.html

JayDee

StellaM

Unread post by StellaM » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:04 pm

Thank you so much, JayDee!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:50 pm

Come and get your mojo supplies! Here is a customer tray at the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. filled with items used in making mojos -- a supply of flannel bags in various colours, a small lodestone, magnetic sand, rose buds, a buckeye nut, peridot crystals, three lucky rocks, Van Van Oil, and Crown of Success Oil, plus a copy of "The Art of Making Mojos," a detailed spell-book on how to craft your own conjure hand.

Come on by and pick up your freshly-made spiritual oils, incense, perfumes, floor washes, candles, religious goods, amulets, and sachet powders, plus the widest selection of magical herbs and roots under one roof.

Our catalogue is online at luckymojo.com/catalogue — and we sell by mail order, too, both retail and wholesale. (Photo by cat yronwode.)

#luckymojocurioco #spiritualsupplies #hoodoocandles #conjureoils #spellkits #hoodooherbs #magicbooks #rootsandherbs #spellwork #esotericknowledge

Follow us on Instagram @catherineyronwode @luckymojocurioco
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:52 pm

We had a visit from a long-time customer and good friend -- a mighty mojo man -- at the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. in Forestville, California. We hadn't seen him since the pandemic struck, and in he came to stock up on spiritual supplies: Three custom-made mojo hands, a postcard advertising the 2022 Hoodoo Heritage Festival, a packet of Saltpeter, a bottle of Special Dice Oil, a bottle of Pay Me Oil, a bottle of Safe Travel Oil, and two bottles each of John the Conqueror Oil, Money Drawing Oil, Money Stay With Me Oil, Law Keep Away Oil, Van Van Oil, Road Opener Oil, Nature Oil. That should hold him for a while!

Come on by and pick up your own freshly-made spiritual oils, incense, perfumes, floor washes, candles, religious goods, amulets, and sachet powders, plus the widest selection of magical herbs and roots under one roof. We are open 7 days a week, 9:00 - 5:00.

Our catalogue is online at luckymojo.com/catalogue — and we sell by mail order, too, both retail and wholesale. (Photo by cat yronwode.)

#luckymojocurioco #spiritualsupplies #hoodoocandles #conjureoils #spellkits #hoodooherbs #magicbooks #rootsandherbs #spellwork #esotericknowledge

Follow us on Instagram @catherineyronwode @luckymojocurioco
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:03 pm

A mojo made with lucky rocks, which are actually fish earbones or otoliths. Hand-made and of excellent quality! Order "Lucky Stone Leather Mojo Amulet w/ Special Oil #20 and a Red Flannel Bag" AMU-USA-LUCO $24.00 at the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. in Forestville, California.

Lucky Stone Leather Mojo Amulet w/ Special Oil #20 and a Red Flannel Bag

Use in Magic:
The Lucky Rock -- actually a fish ear bone -- is an old magical lucky charm used by Native Americans, and adopted by African Americans for good luck in job getting and all around success. Sung about in blues lyrics of the 1920s, but hard to find these days, this little mojo is small enough to carry in a pocket or purse, or wear hidden in a bra.

Spell Methods:
A mojo is the staple amulet of African-American hoodoo practice, a flannel bag containing one or more magical items, such as roots, herbs, seeds, coins, charms, a petition paper, and/or personal concerns, made to assist in the accomplishment of a wish, desire, or prayer. A mojo made for luck, wealth, love, protection, or health is traditionally carried on the person, but some mojos are hidden in a place where they will work on those who pass by. Alternative names for the mojo include hand, mojo hand, conjure hand, lucky hand, mojo bag, conjure bag, trick bag, tricker bag,root bag, toby, jomo, joomoo, gree-gree, grigat, gris-gris, and nation sack. A mojo used for divination, somewhat like a pendulum, is called a Jack, Jack bag, or Jack ball.

Product Details:
This Lucky Mojo brand mojo hand contains authentic, traditional roots, herbs, and symbolic ingredients fixed in a leather case. Each one is made with consideration and prayer. They come with dressing oil and full instructions for use.

AMU-USA-LUCO
Lucky Stone Leather Mojo Amulet w/ Special Oil #20 and a Red Flannel Bag
$32.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

#hoodoo #luckymojocurioco #luckycharms #amulets #conjurer #mojo #rootworkers
catherine yronwode

NinaBaxter

Unread post by NinaBaxter » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:27 pm

My question is about whether one can imbue their bag with more than one intent. I'd like for.my mojo bag to offer peace of mind as well as keep my family safe. Do I need to have all the ingredients for both intentions inside the bag?

Mr Christopher
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mr Christopher » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:24 pm

Hi NinaBaxter,

Yes and no. An everyday mojo is normally for 1 purpose. There is a Trio Hand as featured on Lucky Mojo Rootwork Hour by Mrs. catherine yronwode. You can find that recording here https://www.blogtalkradio.com/luckymojo ... aele-11021

Start by asking yourself "What does peace of mind mean to me", is it money in the bank, health, happiness, or longevity? Then you can start making the mojo.

Best of luck,
Mr. Christopher
HRCC Graduate #2250G - Forum Moderator

NinaBaxter

Unread post by NinaBaxter » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:00 am

Mr Christopher, Your direction to ask questions of myself has helped me understand much more about how to 'use' Hoodoo to improve my life. Thank you

Sunny1973

Unread post by Sunny1973 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:12 am

I have an old steady wirk mojo bag its 2 years old. I was wondering if I could open it up now. Is it possible to me. to use the john the conquerer root and the coin that is in there? I wanted to use these 2 pieces for a commanding work mojo.

Mr Christopher
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mr Christopher » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:27 am

Hi Sunny1973,

Yes you can reuse the coin, wash it with some whiskey or Florida Water first. Normally I would not reuse roots it would be better to get a new JTC.

You can learn more about making Mojo, from the Art of Making Mojo by catherine yronwode.
BOO-GRI-MOJO
The Art of Making Mojos, by cat yronwode
$12.00

Read more about his book here:
https://luckymojo.com/theartofmakingmojos.html

Best of luck,
Mr. Christopher
HRCC Graduate #2250G - Forum Moderator

Sunny1973

Unread post by Sunny1973 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:31 am

Thank you for your advice. I will see about getting a new JC root I will have to order this from LM.

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Mojo Hands, Conjure Bags, Jack Balls, and Doll Babies in Hoodoo”