Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Gifts and Talents, Increasing Psychic Skills, Becoming a Professional Reader

LittleWitch2020
Newly Registered
Re: Gifts and Talents, Increasing Psychic Skills, Becoming a Professional Reader

Unread post by LittleWitch2020 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:59 am

Hello all

This, is gonna sound crazy. I do free readings for friends to help my skills get stronger. Everyone, tell me I'm 85 to 99% accurate.

I found out I have these gifts late this summer. I'm fresh as a newborns 1st pee.

I can see everyone... but me.

1) Why, I can't read myself? Should I never question, am I blocked, or do I need to do this or that?

2) What do you suggest I do?

Thanks a trillion

Little Witch 2020

Graveyardhag
Patreon Patron
Re: Gifts and Talents, Increasing Psychic Skills, Becoming a Professional Reader

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:12 pm

LittleWitch2020

Practice practice practice, every single day.

Every morning draw a few cards for yourself, and WRITE DOWN your reading of them.

Every week go back over what you have written - in time you will work out where your biases are, what you are putting too good a spin on, what a particular card means for you, how far out your readings are etc.

If you aren't using cards or other tools then do the same thing but meditate and ask for your answers that way.

This is how I learnt and I've been doing it for about 4 years now, I switch out the cards and things I use depending on what I am learning or interested in.

In terms of Lucky Mojo items in particular, they have Psychic vision oil, maybe Clarity oil to see clearly, and I am sure they have a psychic vision mojo hand as well.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:01 pm

Thanks for jumping into the discussion, Graveyardhag.

littlewitch2020,

1) It is not uncommon for readers to have clarity when it comes to reading for others, but not be able to read for themselves. I've encountered this in my own practice, and the other practitioners I have been affiliated with over the years have had a similar experience. It may be as mundane as my own wishes and desires interfering with my ability to objectively see what is happening. Or it may be some kind of spiritual intervention for my own good. Either way, I trust it as a fact in my life and don't get too hung up about it.

For example, when I perform a spell for my own benefit that involves other people and want to have a reading on its effect on them, I turn to another reader that I know and trust. I'm simply too invested in the outcome to read clearly for myself. In that scenario, I'm like the scientist conducting experiments in the lab and my reader is the intelligence officer telling me how the mice are responding.

So don't worry if you are unable to read for yourself. It doesn't indicate a blockage or lack of skill. Trust in your ability to read for others, and go from there.

2) Graveyardhag gave you great answers to this question.

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

lcastanon91
Newly Registered

Unread post by lcastanon91 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:49 am

Is there a way to find out if I have a gift and what type of gift capabilities?

Dr Darensbourg
Newly Registered

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:06 pm

Icastanon91,

Your query was moved here to its correct forum and sub topic.

Spiritual gifts that are inherited will usually become evident at one point in a magician's life or another. People often recount times when they have thought or wished for something and that very something manifested itself soon after. Others tell of times when they had a dream only to watch what was revealed in that dream later come to pass.

If you have ever experienced anything like this then chances are you may be spiritually gifted. If you haven't had any experiences akin to these, it is not to say that you don't possess any spiritual gifts, however.

Only ways to know for certain:

1) Practice performing spells and keep note of your success rates. Make use of oils, herbs, and talismans to aid you in bringing any potential, latent gifts to the surface thus allowing you to hone them, improving upon them with practice and eventually master them.

2) Perform a reading or consult a professional reader to help you discover your potential. AIRR has amazing and reputable readers. Visit them at www.readersandrootworkers.org

3) Pray and ask God to reveal or release any suppressed gifts you may have.
Dr. Keith Darensbourg, DD, DM
HRCC Graduate #2132G

LittleWitch2020
Newly Registered

Unread post by LittleWitch2020 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:51 am

Hello all,
I think my question is like so many others... " Do I have the gift to spell cast"?
I never knew I had any kind of gift, until I met a Mexican witch. She told me I held a lot of power, but it's dark and blocked. She told me a lot of things I found out to be untrue. (Come to find out she helped me to open up so she could use me to look in on her ex.)
Anyway, I started to practice on my friends looking in at things for them, reading them.

Now, I've been spell casting. I've been doing money spells. The candle always forms a knot=blocked.

Maybe spell casting isn't my thing. I'm beginning to feel like, maybe I'm not gifted at all. Maybe, I've been having luck guessing. I know one thing...

I need help. I read this forum with vigor. What's wrong with me? What's wrong? Maybe I need a mentor. I'm at my wit's end... frustration building.

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:29 am

Hello LittleWitch2020,

For you, I'd say a great first step in finding out whether you gifted for this work would be to get a reading from a reputable reader, not one that is trying to use you. You can find great readers here:

http://www.hoodoopsychics.com/
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

And also, Dr. Darensbourg had some great advice in the post above yours, which is just to pray on it. Ask God to reveal your spiritual gifts and have the clarity to recognize them for what they are. Believe in yourself and what your learn. Try not to get so down on yourself; if you're here in the first place, you probably have something goin' on!

Many blessings :)
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

LittleWitch2020
Newly Registered

Unread post by LittleWitch2020 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:47 am

Thank you, so much.
I've scheduled a free reading with the LM Radio show.

I'm trying to stay positive. But others depend on me. I don't want to give them wrong info. My success rate with my readings are 85%-100% accurate. But, there are ppl who I can't see... It's like they're shielded. I think maybe I'm stressed out and brain fried right now. I've become so unsure of myself.
If you can read you can conjure... right?

Being able to conjure means so much to me. I love the art of it. I've always been drawn to this world. I feel at home here. I'm gonna attend Ms. Cat's class. The reading will set me on the right path.

Thank u for your response. It's rough when your alone.

Dr Darensbourg
Newly Registered

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:18 pm

LittleWitch2020,

Maybe you should try taking some time to work on your craft a bit before taking on such responsibilities. The more you educate yourself and improve your skill the more your faith will strengthen and thus yiur confidence level.

Reading is a separate gift all its own. Not every conjurer reads or receives information from the spirit realm. Hoodoo is a system that requires skill and/or talent and some people are more gifted in certain areas of spell work than others. Take me for example, I'm especially gifted in the areas of love, lust, and reconciliation, but my success rates for revenge and cursing work tends to be a little lower.
HRCC Graduate #2132G

LittleWitch2020
Newly Registered

Unread post by LittleWitch2020 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:27 pm

Thank you Dr.
UPDATE!
I dunno what happened but... it's like a miracle!
I won't go into detail because it may be off topic.

Thank you all for your support and words of encouragement. You have no idea what your support means to me. You all have become like my family.
All I can say... just because things look bleek at the beginning of your conjure doesn't mean it stays that way toward the end. NEVER GIVE UP, YOU WILL NEVER SEE THE SEED BLOSSOM INTO A ROSE.

LittleWitch2020
Newly Registered

Unread post by LittleWitch2020 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:22 am

Hello!

It's Friday and I'm feeling good!

This question is mainly for Ms. Athena.

Finally, I got my AIRR reading! I'm not cursed or blocked! She said I was quite gifted and not to worry. Do more cleansing. My niche may be something else.

After thinking about this. I think cursing may be my thing. I've had little to no success with all the the spells I've performed. Yet, there is one form I've yet to try... cursing. I'm afraid of bad JuJu coming back to me.

Now, my question... Ms. Athena:

How did you know cursing and hexing was your specialty? How do you cleanse yourself and your home once you do such magic? How do you keep the results or bad JuJu from your family?

I know your very gifted in other areas as well. I'm just trying to find where I fit in. It's frustration like hell, when you do your work yet the results you seek are dim and bleak.

I love magic, with my heart and I'm never gonna give up. But, I need direction. I feel like the dog who's chasing his tale.

I hope this is in the correct spot. It pinches when I get those rejected message for being in the wrong forum agenda spot. So, don't kill me (lol).

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:40 am

Hi LittleWitch2020,

I moved your post to the correct thread, as you were posting in the discussion about vinegar jars. Please be more mindful of where you post in future. You've been on the forum long enough so this can't be construed as a newbie mistake. We really need you to be more careful.

As for me and cursing, I'm not sure where you got that as my specialty per se (I am not Miss Aida, if that is who you were thinking about). It is a service I provide to my clients, provided it's justified by divination, and I have consistent success with it, but it's no more my specialty than any other kind of work I do.

You say you haven't seen results from the work you've done so far, but judging by what you've described on the forum, you haven't given any of your work much time to manifest. Patience is an important part of a rootworker's toolkit, so cultivate it as much as you can.

Good luck.

LittleWitch2020
Newly Registered

Unread post by LittleWitch2020 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:31 am

Thank you
And I'm so sorry. I got you too mixed up.
Thank you for answering me.
Yes, your right, patience is a must.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:22 pm

Those who are interested in lists of teaching books on various forms of psychic reading may find these web pages useful

Numerology Bibliography and Book Suggestions for Beginners
Birth Names, Birth Dates, Lo Shu Square, Gematria, Lucky Numbers
compiled by catherine yronwode
for the Yronwode Institution for the Preservation and Popularization of Indigenous Ethnomagicology (YIPPIE)
http://yronwode.org/numerology-bibliography.html

Crystal Gazing Bibliography and Book Suggestions for Beginners
Crystal Gazing, Scrying Stones, Psychic Crystallomancy
for the Yronwode Institution for the Preservation and Popularization of Indigenous Ethnomagicology (YIPPIE)
http://www.yronwode.org/crystal-gazing- ... raphy.html

Spirit Board Bibliography and Book Suggestions for Beginners
Ouija, Spirit Boards, Talking Boards, Planchettes, Their History and Use
compiled by nagasiva bryan w yronwode
http://www.yronwode.org/spirit-board-bibliography/

Dowsing Bibliography and Book Suggestions for Beginners
Divining Rods, Dowsing, Doodlebugging, Water Witching. Rhabdomancy, Radiesthesia, Radionics, and Pendulum Divination
http://www.yronwode.org/dowsing-divinin ... raphy.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 12, 2019 9:27 pm

My new book on Numerology is just out!

Pre-printing announcement! Check it out! We are taking orders NOW for shipment in Mid-May.

BOO-DIV-SONR
The Secret of Numbers Revealed by Godfrey Spencer, ed. cat yronwode
$12.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
https://luckymojo.com/thesecretofnumbersrevealed.html

Numbers are everywhere and all around us — but do you know what they mean and how to read them?

This book explains the five branches of numerical influence on human affairs:

Numerology: How Your Name and Birthdate Reveal Your Character
Arithmancy: Using Your Numbers to Tell Your Future Fortune
Number Magic: Choosing and Changing Your Name for Luck and Profit
How To Get Your Winning Number: Catching Lucky Numbers to Bet
Spiritual Numberology: The Hidden Unity of Words And Phrases

Based on material first written by Dr. Roy Page Walton in 1914, augmented with contributions by Lewis de Claremont and Godfrey Spencer in 1936, and doubled in scope under the editorship and authorship of Catherine Yronwode, this concise, illustrated introduction to the science of numerology will enable you to make your numbers work for you!

Author Catherine Yronwode is the proprietor of the Lucky Mojo Curio Company, a manufactory for traditional herb-based conjure supplies, and the pastor of the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church. She is the author of Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic: Hoodoo in Theory and Practice; and Throwing the Bones: How to Foretell the Future with Bones, Shells, and Nuts. She lives on an old farmstead in rural Northern California with her husband, a dog, cats, and chickens.

CONTENTS

Dedication 4
Acknowledgements 4
Preface to the Present Edition 5
A Map of Sorts 11
Dr. Roy Page Walton’s Introduction 11

I. NUMEROLOGY: The Numbers in Your Name and Birth Date
1. The Law of Numbers 12
2. The Character of the Numbers 13
3. Reduction and Application: Basic Techniques of Numerology 18
4. The Key and the Keywords 22
5. The Meaning of the Name Numbers 24
6. Interpreting the Birth Date Number 29
7. How to Find Your Place of Power 31

II. NUMEROLOGY: The Numbers in Your Lo Shu Birth Date Square
8. Birth Date Numerology and the Magic Square 35
9. Lo Shu Lines and Arrows 40
10. The Meaning of the Lo Shu Numbers 50
11. Reading the Lo Shu Square 53

III. ARITHMANCY: Using Your Numbers to Tell Your Fortune
12. How the Name Discloses the Future 55

IV. NUMBER MAGIC: Choosing and Changing Your Name for Luck and Profit
13. Deliberately Varying the Signature 59
14. Names Suitable for a Business 67
15. Names Suitable for a Marriage 69
16. Choosing the Best Name for a Child 74

V. HOW TO GET YOUR WINNING NUMBER: Lucky Numbers to Bet
17. Lucky Numbers From Dream Books 77
18. Follow-Ups and Run-Downs 79
19. The Master Code of Lewis de Claremont 81
20. Your Lucky Lo Shu Numbers for Lottery Play 85
21. When to Bet: Your Lucky Years and Lucky Days 86

VI. SPIRITUAL NUMBEROLOGY: The Inner Unity of Words and Phrases
22. Gematria, “Cabalisms,” and “Numberology” 91

VII. Success • Happiness • Love • Money • Life 95
VIII. Good Luck and Happy Numbering! 95
IX. Bibliography 96

First Edition 2019

Published by
The Lucky Mojo Curio Company
6632 Covey Road
Forestville, California 95436
www.luckymojo.com

This is a restoration, revision, and addition to two older books which i have collected in 7 different editions!

Godfrey Spencer's "Secrets of Numbers Revealed" was, until it went out of print, the best known hoodoo book on "The Science of Numberology." To this restored and revised edition of a well-loved classic, i have added much more information, gleaned from 19th century texts and from her own research into the so-called Saturn or Lo Shu Square.

Using nothing more than your birthdate and full name, this book will teach you how to derive a startlingly accurate character analysis, how to create a run-down that reveals your minor and major lucky numbers for betting, how to determine the lucky and unlucky days in any month, and how, if you are so inclined, to subtly change the spelling of your name to make yourself a luckier, happier, and more successful person.
catherine yronwode

littlewing

Unread post by littlewing » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:27 pm

I have been doing rootwork for about 8 years and I have only had solid results with cursing and other negative work. Why might this be and what can I do to change this? I am no longer interested in any kind of negative work and want to use magic to improve my life and help others.
Thank you Saint Expedite, St. Joseph, and St. Jude

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:32 pm

littlewing --

That question is too complex to be answered by our customer service staff!

I can suggest a few questions you might ask yourself:

1) Do i bring more passion to my cursing because i know i am in the right and i have a lot of justified anger?

2) Do i bring less passion to my money, love, and health work because i have doubts about my value to receive good things and pleasurable events?

3) Do i bring less passion to my money, love, and health work because i have doubts about using magic to interfere with the free will of others?

3) Has someone out of jealousy or spite put a spell on me that ties down my success at any kind of spell besides cursing? (This is a real curse; see Psalms 109:17-19 :

17 As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.
18 As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.
19 Let it be unto him as the garment which covereth him, and for a girdle wherewith he is girded continually.

I suggest that you get a reading.
catherine yronwode

littlewing

Unread post by littlewing » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:57 pm

Thanks so much for your response Catherine. I believe it’s most likely my doubt that I deserve good things but that doesn’t explain why I don’t have success helping others. I don’t have reservations about interfering with their free will if I am doing work for something they want. I will get a reading.
Thank you Saint Expedite, St. Joseph, and St. Jude

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:29 pm

BOO-SPE-DIVI
Assortment of Divination Techniques, Set of 10
$105.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

https://luckymojo.com/publishing.html
ASSORTMENT OF DIVINATION TECHNIQUES
by Various Authors

The Psychic Readers' Fortune-Telling and Divination Special (10 Books)

by Various Authors

This awesome array of books will help you see what the future holds in store. Included in the The Psychic Readers' Fortune-Telling and Divination Special are catherine yronwode's "Throwing the Bones," Michele Jackson's "Bones Shells, and Curios," Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain's "Crystal Magic" and "Lithomancy," Professor Porterfield's "A Deck of Spells," Dr. Jeremy Weiss's "Vulvamancy," Valentina Burton's "Fortune Tellers Guide to Success," Dr. Roy Page Walton's "The Secret of Numbers Revealed," edited by cat yronwode, and last but not least, Claude Alexander Conlin's "Secrets of the Crystal Silence League."

In this ten-volume set -- a total of 960 pages! -- you will learn the history, methods, and techniques of psychic reading and divination with bones, coins, crystals, stones, numbers, cards, and observation of physical traits, and you will also receive a career-building manual on how to set up your own professional psychic reading practice. These ten books regularly sell for $9.00 each (a total of $90.00). Pay only $8.00 each when you buy all ten as a package deal -- a total of only $80.00 (a savings of $10.00). Order "The Psychic Readers' Fortune-Telling and Divination Special" and you will receive one copy each of these 96-page books:

• Throwing the Bones by catherine yronwode
• Bones, Shells, and Curios by Michele Jackson
• Crystal Magic by Jon Saint Germain
• Lithomancy by Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain
• A Deck of Spells by Professor C. D. Porterfield
• Vulvamancy by Dr. Jeremy Weiss
• The Stranger in the Cup by Gregory Lee White and Catherine Yronwode
• The Secret of Numbers Revealed by catherine yronwode, Dr. Roy Page Walton,
Lewis de Claremont, Godfrey Spencer, and Frank Householder
• Secrets of the Crystal Silence League by Claude Alexander Conlin,
edited, annotated, restored, and revised by catherine yronwode and Deacon Millett
• The Fortune Teller's Guide to Success by Valentina Burton

Product Details:
Format: Ten 96 page books (960 pages), trade paperbacks, illustrated
Publisher: LMCCo and MISC
Publication dates: 2013-2020
ISBNs: Various
Tagged: Divination, Spells and Magic, Specials
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:44 pm

Bone Reading Books and Sangoma Bone Set Special (2 Books and 1 Sangoma-style Bone Set)
by Catherine Yronwode and Michele Jackson

Use in Magic:
This practical teaching set will give you the background to both ancient and modern methods for predicting future events by means of Scottish speal bones, American pyromantic furculomancy, Yoruban obi, Shona hakata, Mongolian shaggai, British fortune telling dice, the Gypsy domino oracle, the Persian standing bone oracle, Alabama 'Possum bones, Virginia Chicken bones, and Zulu-style Sangoma bone reading. Included are two books -- "Theowing the Bones: How to Foretell the Future with Bones, Shells, and Nuts" by catherine yronwode and "Bones, Shells, And Curios: A Contemporary Bone Reading Method" by Michele Jackson, plus a complete starter set of Sangoma-style bones and curios so you can learn this ancient and spiritually deep method of psychic reading for yourself or for clients.

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
The "Bone Reading Books and Sangoma Bone Set Special" comes complete with two 96-page books of instruction, totalling 192 pages, plus a Sangoma-style Bone Set with instructions in a muslin bag. These two books regularly sell for $9.00 each and the Sangoma-Stye Bone Set regularly sells for $27.00 (a total of $45.00). Pay only $40.00 when you buy all three as a package deal (a savings of $5.00). Order the "Bone Reading Books and Sangoma Bone Set Special" and you will receive one each of these items:

• Sangoma-style Bone Set with complete instructions and Muslin Bag

Format: Two 96-page books (192 pages), trade paperbacks, illustrated
Publisher: LMCCo
Publication dates: 2012, 2014
Tagged: Specials

BOO-SPE-SANG
Bone Reading Books and Sangoma Bone Set Special (2 Books and 1 Sangoma-style Bone Set)
$45.00

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:46 pm

Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain Author's Special (2 Books and 2 Starter Divination Sets)

Use in Magic:
Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain of Divine Harmony Spiritual Church presents two masterworks: "Crystal Magic: Divination, Healing, and Spellcraft with Gems and Minerals," and "Lithomancy: Divination and Spellcraft with Stones, Crystals, and Coins." These fascinating occult books are accompanied by the working tools necessary to begin practical experimentation right away -- a gorgeous opalescent Moonie orb in a velveteen pouch for crystal gazing study and a basic three-stone oracle pouch for use in lithomantic divination.

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in spells of love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
In this two-volume set -- a total of 192 pages! -- Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain will expand your knowledge of gemstones and crystals, and their use in spell-casting and fortune telling. These two books regularly sell for $12.00 each (a total of $24.00), a basic three-stone oracle pouch regularly sells for $4.00, and the small orb in a velveteen pouch is regularly $5.50, for a total retail value of $33.50 -- but with this special offer you pay only $29.00 for the entire collection (a savings of $4.50). Order "The Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain Author's Special" and you will receive one copy each of these items:

• A small, crystal ball in a black Velveteen Pouch
• A Basic Three-Stone Oracle Set in a black Velveteen Pouch

Format: Two 96-page books (192 pages), and two divination sets, trade paperbacks, illustrated
Publication dates: 2016, 2018
Tagged: Spells and Magic, Spirituality, Divination, Specials

BOO-SPE-GERM
Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain Author's Special (2 Books and 2 Starter Divination Sets)
$29.00

https://www.luckymojo.com/luckymojopublishing.html
catherine yronwode

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:15 am

I'm glad I found this thread!

It's been a few years since anyone posted in this section of the forum, but I would just like to chime in and share!

When I first began to explore hoodoo I thought about obtaining an official book of shadows, but I ended up creating a private blog for that purpose instead.

I'm glad I opted to go that route because I find myself having to go back and doing a lot of editing. I know that those before us never had that luxury and had no choice but to use paper, but being as we live in the digital age I am taking advantage of the convenience!

I also elaborate on a lot of experiences related to the work I've done so I know that if I had an hardcopy then it would get run through pretty quickly! With the blog format I can make endless entries without ever having to worry about paper space!

Finally, and perhaps the main reason I made my book of shadows into a blog is PRIVACY! I like the security of knowing that there is absolutely ZERO chance that anyone would ever be able to find it, lest somehow my blog gets hacked.

Just thought I'd share.

Cheers!

Luna Gonzales
Newly Registered

Unread post by Luna Gonzales » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:02 am

Hello,

I am brand new to the forum, brand new to everything really.

I am 34 years old and have most recently been advised that there is a name to what I have been feeling and trying to shut off all my life.

l was directed to your wonderful website & I need advice on what books, oils & powders etc to use to strengthen intuitive empathetic abilities.

If you could please help or lead me to the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. I feel like meditation is helping out but I want to be able to fine tune this. If that makes sense :lol:

Thank you in advance for your help,

Luna Gonzales

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:42 pm

Hello, Luna Gonzales,

I moved your post to the relevant thread and approved it, then deleted your duplicate post. Everyone's first three posts here are hand-moderated to keep off spammers and troll. After three successful posts, you become a member. Starting new threads is a no-no -- this forum has been around for 17 years and we have all the threads we need, believe me!

Anyway, before i answer you, i would like you to read this thread from the beginning. Get an idea for what i and others have said here over the years. You will fins some answers already printed. If you have other questions that have not yet been asked or answered, or if you want more clarity, just ask.

For book lists, see the above posts. There are many other good books on divination, and we carry quite a few in our shop, in addition to the ones we have published. See also this section of the forum:

Books, Pamphlets, Instruction Manuals, and Grimoires in Hoodoo
books-pamphlets-instruction-manuals-and ... o-f27.html

As far as spiritual supplies employed to enhance insight, intuitive gifts, and second sight, these are suggested

Mugwort
Hops
Jasmine
Althaea
Anise Seed
Tobacco
Marijuana
Psychic Vision Oil, Powder, Incense, Bath Crystals and Candles
Spirit Guide Oil, Powder, Incense, Bath Crystals and Candles
Indian Spirit Guide Oil, Powder, Incense, Bath Crystals and Candles
Master Key Oil, Powder, Incense, Bath Crystals and Candles
Power Oil, Powder, Incense, Bath Crystals and Candles

Psychic Vision is a favourite among many readers:

OIL-HOO-PSYC
Psychic Vision Oil
$7.50

Spirit Guide and Indian Spirit Guide are formulas for herb-based oils that come out of the African American Spiritualist Church tradition.

OIL-HOO-SPIR
Spirit Guide Oil
$7.50

OIL-HOO-INDI
Indian Spirit Guide Oil
$7.50

Master Key derives from the old circa 1910 popularity of the New Thought works of Charles Haanel, L. W. DeLawrence, et al.

OIL-HOO-MKEY
Master Key Oil
$7.50

And, in the old "Black and White Magic of Marie Laveau" book, mention is made of using Power Oil if working as a spiritual medium:

OIL-HOO-POWE
Power Oil
$7.50

These psychic oils can be used individually or blended. To learn more about blending oils and saving monbey by ordering 4 oz. Rootworkers and Churches Specials, see this web page:

https://luckymojo.com/oilblends.html

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:50 pm

Further reading on Psychic Gifts can be found here, at the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers site:

Psychic, Clairvoyant, and Intuitive Reading at AIRR
https://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... ic_Reading

From that page (and at the site's Main Page) you will see further links to informative pages on many styles and methods of reading.

Finally, several members of AIRR are teachers and you can find them listed at the page on Teachers in AIRR.

Teachers, Classes, and Courses in the Magical, Mystical, and Spiritual Arts
https://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... itual_Arts

Best of luck to you in your new journey.

This discount special will teach you several motheds of reading bones and will supply you with a starter set for practicing:

Use in Magic:
This practical teaching set will give you the background to both ancient and modern methods for predicting future events by means of Scottish speal bones, American pyromantic furculomancy, Yoruban obi, Shona hakata, Mongolian shaggai, British fortune telling dice, the Gypsy domino oracle, the Persian standing bone oracle, Alabama 'Possum bones, Virginia Chicken bones, and Zulu-style Sangoma bone reading. Included are two books -- "Throwing the Bones: How to Foretell the Future with Bones, Shells, and Nuts" by catherine yronwode and "Bones, Shells, And Curios: A Contemporary Bone Reading Method" by Michele Jackson, plus a complete starter set of Sangoma-style bones and curios so you can learn this ancient and spiritually deep method of psychic reading for yourself or for clients.

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in spells of love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
The "Bone Reading Books and Sangoma Bone Set Special" comes complete with two 96-page books of instruction, totalling 192 pages, plus a Sangoma-style Bone Set with instructions in a muslin bag. These two books regularly sell for $9.00 each and the Sangoma-Stye Bone Set regularly sells for $27.00 (a total of $45.00). Pay only $40.00 when you buy all three as a package deal (a savings of $5.00). Order the "Bone Reading Books and Sangoma Bone Set Special" and you will receive one each of these items:

• Sangoma-style Bone Set with complete instructions and Muslin Bag

Format: Two 96-page books (192 pages), trade paperbacks, illustrated
Publication dates: 2012, 2014
Tagged: Specials

BOO-SPE-SANG
$45.00

https://www.luckymojo.com/luckymojopublishing.html
catherine yronwode

Kettly

Unread post by Kettly » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 pm

Hi.

I'm trying to do readings for my self and my loved one. May you please guide me?

Also how do I recognize who's my spirit guide?

Thank you Kettly

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:41 am

Hello Kettly,

You are in the correct topic for your query. Please read through the posts here and consult the links provided and you should find lots of advice and ideas to help you. If you still have specific questions after reading, feel free to ask here.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

crazycatlady
HRCC Student

Unread post by crazycatlady » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:39 pm

I see that there hasn’t been much activity on this thread in quite a while, but I’d like to share what has helped me, and I have overlooked it in the past: spiritual bathing before working on a spell. For those of you who are fortunate to have a bathtub for soaking, it does wonders. It’s calming and relaxing, and changes your mood and can assist in putting you in the right mindset. Kind of reminds me of the lyrics “watching all my troubles swimming down the drain” in Tweety Bird’s song when he sings his “Singing in the bathtub” song LOL!

The Mango Witch

Unread post by The Mango Witch » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:21 pm

Aha! So I'm not weird for making playlists based on the type of working being done.
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

RisenRaven

Unread post by RisenRaven » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:20 pm

I do the same thing. Music is very powerful and meaningful to me.
Risen as in the phoenix.
If I must face the raven, let me be brave.

crazycatlady
HRCC Student

Unread post by crazycatlady » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:30 pm

I like music too, especially songs that remind me of the target I may be working on. Also with love or reconciliation spells I would think if the couple had a favorite song, I would play that or love songs.

crazycatlady
HRCC Student

Unread post by crazycatlady » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:36 pm

When doing revenge spells or cursing, think about how your target did you (or someone you love or care about) wrong, and the more you get yourself mad and worked up, the better. I also read about a cursing spell involving tying knots in some string, and it instructs you to project fierce anger and hatred toward the target with each knot you tie.

HumbleStudent

Unread post by HumbleStudent » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:36 am

Hi Miss Athena,
Might not remember me from the reading at the Hoodoo Festival this year. My name is Marisol. :D . Your reading was wonderful and I took your advice to harness and learn more. Hence, I researched the forum on on some insight to increase Psychic skills, which brings me to this moment. With advanced apologies if I am on the wrong board for this one.

Couple months ago I saw a post either by you or Ms.Cat on a spell and the post listed the following items: Blue candles, Psychic Vision Oil, Psychic Vision Incense, Althea leaves, Anise Seed, Huckleberry Leaves, and Dandelion Root. I ordered it all from LM and once it arrived I forgot where I saw the spell. :(

Not sure what to do with all my items now.

Thank you,
Marisol

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:40 pm

Hi -- this cat, not Athena.

The first spell that came to my mind was this one -- but it is not what you were looking for exactly.

LMCCo. Free Spell of the Week! 100 Spells -- Collect the Whole Set!
Free Spell of the Week No. 021, September 14, 2020 - Psychic Development
lmcco-free-spell-of-the-week-no-021-sep ... 93770.html

The four herbs you list are all used to enhance psychic visions and dreams, and this does look familiar. Perhaps a blue candle dressed with the oil, writing a petition, setting the petition under the candle, circling the candle with herbs or setting them at the four directions, then lighting the incense, burning a pinch of the herb mixture on the incense, and repeating before sleep x number of times (as many as you have candles). Then, after x number of days, collect the petition and the unburned herbs, place them into a bag, keep it under your pillow for x days and thereafter place it under your pillow or mattress as you choose. When i diagram it out that way, it sounds like a ConjureMan spell, perhaps one he gave on the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour radio show.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

HumbleStudent

Unread post by HumbleStudent » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:59 pm

Hi Cat,
Thank you for the spell. This is the one. I remember now the 'four directions'. Next, I am ordering the King Solomon oil and Psychic bath salts to do the Free Spell #21.

Many thanks to you,
Marisol :)

JayDee
AIRR Member

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:26 am

Are you interested in being a professional root worker and reader? Do you need help increasing your natural ability in reading cards, tea leaves, candles, or psychic impressions? Lucky Mojo carries several product lines that are very supportive for increasing ones ability.

Psychic Vision oil is used to increase psychic ability, dress your hands with the oil and shuffle your reading deck of cards, wipe it over a crystal to do readings, smoke the Incense in a room you are doing the work in to increase your ability.
Psychic Vision: https://www.luckymojo.com/psychicvision.html

Spirit Guide Oil connect with your spirit guides and call on their assistance as you do mediumship. Another product popular with those who have Native American ancestors is Indian Spirit Guide Oil.
Spirit Guide: https://www.luckymojo.com/oil-spirit-guide.html
Indian Spirit Guide: https://www.luckymojo.com/indianspiritguide.html

Mastery Key Oil: Used to increase your mental ability, your learning of new crafts including spiritual work, dress it on your body, burn it on a candle as you study and practice, wear it on a mojo prepared for increasing psychic ability.
Master Key: https://www.luckymojo.com/masterkey.html

In addition Lucky Mojo sells several books that would help increase your knowledge and understanding in this work.
Crystal Magic, using crystals in magic and also the use in readings: https://www.luckymojo.com/crystalmagic.html
Bone, Shells and Curios, how to read these items in a traditional manner: https://www.luckymojo.com/bonesshellsandcurios.html
A Deck of Spells, how to read playing cards: https://www.luckymojo.com/adeckofspells.html
A fortunetellers Guide to Success, a must have book for those interested in making a career: https://www.luckymojo.com/thefortunetel ... ccess.html

You can order the books in a bakers dozen: https://www.luckymojo.com/luckymojopubl ... akersdozen

You can also order a Church Oil bled of the mentioned oils to increase your ability.

OIL-SPE-4RTW
4 oz. Rootworkers & Churches Special Oil
$36.00

You have to specify which oils you want in the blend -- from 1 to 4 of our formula oils only, no more -- herbs for each oil included in the bottle. These are made up special and are NON-RETURNABLE. They are a bargain, too, because regularly the oils are $7.00 per 1/2 oz, so the standard price on these would be $56.00 for eight of the 1/2 oz. bottles.
HRCC Graduate #2156G, Forum Moderator, Reader and Root Worker.

Pyromancer

Unread post by Pyromancer » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:35 pm

I have Psychic Vision oil, Master Key, Clarity, and Power oils and incense. I also just started being able to astral travel which has stunned me of the things I’ve seen, and want to see more.

I was thinking of making a jar or a doll to enhance my mediumship and psychic ability. What would be the best bet for me? A jar or a doll?

If I did a doll for psychic power, how would I work that? I know how you work the love ones. How I would work it, besides smoking it, and and using oils?

A jar I know how to do that already.

Just curious which one is best for me

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:00 pm

Hello, pyromancer.

Actually, i hate to disappoint you, but i do not think either a doll or a jar is a time-tested or traditionally effective way to increase your psychic powers.

Working on a doll of yourself removes you from yourself. Some people do use a doll of themselves for the issue of self-love, by touching and reassuring the doll/self. Not my style at all, but it kinda makes sense. But talking to a doll of yourself to make yourself more psychic is a waste of energy, in my opinion. Just work on you, not on a doll. I will get to how to do that in a minute.

Next, a jar. Nope, that is even more off-track to me. A jar or bottle spell is used to set things in motion in a little private world -- for love, for harm, for reunion, for control over another. But, again, you want to increase your powers, not cause an action to occur, so a jar seems wrong to me.

Both the doll and the jar are container spells -- and you are right on one account -- container spells are used for the increase of psychic power. And the type of container spell to use is a MOJO HAND or JACK BALL which you will carry on your person.

So i recommend that you make or purchase a mojo for psychic vision, with something of yours inside it. A Jack is also traditional for work of this kind.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Pyromancer

Unread post by Pyromancer » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:20 am

Thank you

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:47 pm

Pyromancer,

The Art of Making Mojos may be of help to you if wearing and carrying a mojo for psychic reading skills is what you choose o do.

BOO-GRI-MOJO
The Art of Making Mojos, by cat yronwode
$9.00

The Art of Making Mojos
Within these pages you will find a treasure-trove of accurate, authentic, and easy-to-follow instructions that teach you how to craft and work with Conjure Hands, Trick Bags, Tobies, Gree-Grees, Jomos, Jacks, and Nation Sacks in the hoodoo folk magic tradition.

• Down-home Methods for Making Conjure Bags
• How to Select Your Herbs, Roots, and Curios
• Dressing and Feeding a Mojo for Any Purpose
• Lucky Mojo Hands for Winning Games of Chance
• Jomos for Money Drawing and Business Success
• Uncrossing, Healing, and Jinx-Breaking Hands
• Tobies for Attraction, Sexuality, and Love
• Bed and Mattress Packets to Bless the Home
• How to Make Nation Sacks and Jack Balls
catherine yronwode

Pyromancer

Unread post by Pyromancer » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:21 pm

I have the book. Thanks again

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:45 am

These books will guide you to becoming a reader, becomming a better reader, and becoming a professional reader. Offered as a discount special, they will supply hours of reading and a reference library of information.

Psychic Readers' Fortune-Telling and Divination Special (10 Books)

Use in Magic:
This awesome array of books will help you see what the future holds in store. Included in the The Psychic Readers' Fortune-Telling and Divination Special are catherine yronwode's "Throwing the Bones," Michele Jackson's "Bones Shells, and Curios," Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain's "Crystal Magic" and "Lithomancy," Professor Porterfield's "A Deck of Spells," Dr. Jeremy Weiss's "Vulvamancy," Valentina Burton's "Fortune Tellers Guide to Success," Dr. Roy Page Walton's "The Secret of Numbers Revealed," edited by cat yronwode, "The Stranger in the Cup" by Gregory Lee White and catherine yronwode, and last but not least, Claude Alexander Conlin's "Secrets of the Crystal Silence League."

Spell Methods:

Product Details:
In this ten-volume set -- a total of 960 pages! -- you will learn the history, methods, and techniques of psychic reading and divination with bones, coins, crystals, stones, numbers, cards, and observation of physical traits, and you will also receive a career-building manual on how to set up your own professional psychic reading practice. These nine books regularly sell for $9.00 each (a total of $90.00). Pay only $8.00 each when you buy all ten as a package deal -- a total of only $80.00 (a savings of $10.00). Order "The Psychic Readers' Fortune-Telling and Divination Special" and you will receive one copy each of these 96-page books:

• A Deck of Spells by Professor C. D. Porterfield
• The Fortune Teller's Guide to Success by Valentina Burton
• The Secret of Numbers Revealed by catherine yronwode, Dr. Roy Page Walton, Lewis de Claremont, Godfrey Spencer, and Frank Householder
• Secrets of the Crystal Silence League by Claude Alexander Conlin, edited, annotated, restored, and revised by catherine yronwode and Deacon Millett
• The Stranger n the Cup by Gregory Lee White and catherine yronwode
• Vulvamancy by Dr. Jeremy Weiss

Format: Ten 96 page books (960 pages), trade paperbacks, illustrated
Publisher: LMCCo and MISC
Publication dates: 2013-2020
Tagged: Divination, Spells and Magic, Specials

BOO-SPE-DIVI
Psychic Readers' Fortune-Telling and Divination Special (10 Books)
$105.00

https://www.luckymojo.com/luckymojopubl ... l#specials
catherine yronwode

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:54 am

Hey all! Been a while since I last visited or posted here.

I have been into Hoodoo for 3 years now so I know this question might be met with a "You should already know by now" type response. But hear me out......

Over the course of that time frame I have gotten a lot better with my petitions and Magick/Hoodoo in general, but it's the "TENSE" that I still question sometimes. I've a lot of reading on magick in general and honestly I have gotten mixed perspectives on this...........Unfortunately most explanations just don't hit on certain things.

Some people say it's best to state your intention as if it already happened because it puts it in the affirmative.

The problem I have with that is that it feels a bit "empty" to me. Yes, it's in the affirmative. You're basically "claiming it as already being yours" as they say. BUT....... stating it that way it feels like there's no real energy behind it to actually "push" it in that direction. Then when you state it as if it already has happened then that leaves out the details of HOW it happened, because magick takes the path of least resistance and it could take all manners of twists and turns to fulfill the intention.

So wouldn't it be best to state it as if it is currently happening instead, and that way you can state the details on how you want it to manifest?

Just wanted to get another perspective from others to see how either method worked for them.

I would also like an opinion on another matter as well......the build up of energy.

When I first started doing magick/Hoodoo I would just basically pour a lot of emotional energy into my petitions (and that takes A LOT out of you, but that's kinda besides the point). But then over time I learned that my petitions would come out garbled because of all of the excess emotions of stating what I really wanted.

So then I started to change up my methods and state my petitions more precise in the way I wanted things to go. I would state it with will power, yes (like "It is MY WILL or MY INTENTION that such and such is happening") but considerably less emotional energy built up behind it. In other words........it felt less forced and more of a simple command.

So overall, when it comes to getting the universe to move in your favor, would you say it's the build up of emotional energy to "FORCE" the intent you send out, or is it the precise statement of intent?

And yet a third question poses itself while I'm at it……

When sending energy to a target I usually refer to the target as “YOU”, as if I am talking directly to them in second person. That is the method I have been using since I first began working with magick/Hoodoo. However, I just very recently started trying a different method and sending the energy to the target using a third person point of view and immediately noticed a difference between the feeling of the energy.

The former method, TO ME, feels as if you are somewhat “forcing” that person to move to your will. But the latter method feels much less forced and more in the affirmative. For example – “Jane Doe, you have a strong desire to talk to me” vs. “Jane Doe has a strong desire to talk to me”. Just by reading that alone it might seem quite trivial and doesn't really matter, but when you actually state it one way or the other during your spoken petitions it just “hits” different. I just want to know if anyone has experienced this as well?

The only way I can reason it is that when influencing a target using second person petitions, you are sending energy directly to them and trying to push their will. But when trying to do it using third person you are more or less putting it out in the universe and allowing it influence the target's energy to your will - I reason it works out better this way, which is probably why the energy feels different. But as I stated, I only just recently began using this method so I have yet to see any results.

Basically, I just wanted to get some other perspectives on all of this. I'm always learning and trying to better myself with my magick. After all, what's the point in buying all of these products from Lucky Mojo and you can't use them correctly because your wording and direction of energy are "off". And that makes a HUGE difference in your success, considering the universe takes energy literally.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, I know for a fact there was a specific thread for Stating Petitions on this forum but for some reason I can't seem to find it. Maybe I am overlooking it. If so, please feel free to move my post to the correct location. Thanks.

JayDee
AIRR Member

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:07 pm

jdsmooth85,

You asked: So wouldn't it be best to state it as if it is currently happening instead, and that way you can state the details on how you want it to manifest?
Answer: Good question, there are many ways of doing magic, many ways of doing prayer, which a petition is a form of prayer. I always pray for what I want Lord defeat my enemy, Lord bless me with love, Lord may I get this new job, but when I am done with the work, I expect it like it has happened. We also watch for signs and movement to make sure we are on the right track, this is also helpful to include divination to guide your work.

You asked: I would also like an opinion on another matter as well......the build up of energy.
Answer: There are many ways of building up energy in a spell, you would be surprised that some traditions do not even discuss this, it is not a focus of the work, though it happens because of the work. In hoodoo we use organic items that have spiritual energy- that brings power to the work, we uses authentic items made by high quality businesses that make them based on the tradition- that carries energy into the work. We use candles which have colors, colors vibrate with energy, we use figure candles which bring in sympathetic magic. We call on spirits/ancestors/ pray to God, that is powerful energy, we speak the petition with emotion- that is energy, you may read Bible versus, Gods word is filled with powerful energy. You will include personal concerns which is a piece of that person and their spirit-which is energy. This all combined with the physical adaption of the spell, the lighting of candles, the manipulation of the work, the setting of a mojo, is all putting that spiritual energy into a motion to create the desired outcome/change. You could ask 100 practitioners and get 100 different answers, you can read 100 books with 100 different ideas, but you will find common threads that flow between them. Part of learning is doing, and seeing what works for you.

3rd question on petition: when working a spell to influence a person's mind, such as a skull candle, a doll-baby, it is best to speak to them as though it i their thought. You are telling them what to think, me personally if in my head I suddenly thought " jane doe you are attracted to me", I would be confused why I said my own name and who the hell is "me". What is more logical is I am attracted to Robert, I want Robert, I am calling Robert. Then the thought is more natural to a person who is receiving the thought. Now if you are using two figure candles one as you one as her then you may state the petition differently as you are now moving her to the figure candle of you, that may look more like " Jane doe is coming to me" as you move her closer across the working.

JayDee

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:40 pm

Hi Jay Dee, thanks for your response!
Answer: Good question, there are many ways of doing magic, many ways of doing prayer, which a petition is a form of prayer. I always pray for what I want Lord defeat my enemy, Lord bless me with love, Lord may I get this new job, but when I am done with the work, I expect it like it has happened. We also watch for signs and movement to make sure we are on the right track, this is also helpful to include divination to guide your work.
I gotcha now. So it is generally agreed upon to state the petition as it is currently happening (in whatever form you wish to state it, as a prayer or statement) then know in the affirmative that you have it!

I was only confused about the "tense" because of the fact that the universe is quite literal, so when you state your petition as it has already come to past then you're telling the universe that what you want has already been done so there's nothing for it to do....... That's the way I reason it anyway.

Over time I've learned to take choice of words and the use of tense very carefully when formulating a petition. Again, the universe takes everything you state literally.

Answer: There are many ways of building up energy in a spell, you would be surprised that some traditions do not even discuss this, it is not a focus of the work, though it happens because of the work. In hoodoo we use organic items that have spiritual energy- that brings power to the work, we uses authentic items made by high quality businesses that make them based on the tradition- that carries energy into the work. We use candles which have colors, colors vibrate with energy, we use figure candles which bring in sympathetic magic. We call on spirits/ancestors/ pray to God, that is powerful energy, we speak the petition with emotion- that is energy, you may read Bible versus, Gods word is filled with powerful energy. You will include personal concerns which is a piece of that person and their spirit-which is energy. This all combined with the physical adaption of the spell, the lighting of candles, the manipulation of the work, the setting of a mojo, is all putting that spiritual energy into a motion to create the desired outcome/change. You could ask 100 practitioners and get 100 different answers, you can read 100 books with 100 different ideas, but you will find common threads that flow between them. Part of learning is doing, and seeing what works for you.
That makes perfect sense considering everything is energy, after all!

Like you said, there are many ways of building up energy. I guess it's all just to get you in the right mood for the work.

All that really matters is that you are CLEAR and PRECISE of what you really want when you project it out into the universe so that it will manifest the change you desire. I've learned that when you project all of those emotions out in the universe and they're not clearly directed then things won't turn out like you want.

So, when people say that you have to build up energy in order to cast a spell (or in the case of Hoodoo, do a "job") it's not always clearly explained.

3rd question on petition: when working a spell to influence a person's mind, such as a skull candle, a doll-baby, it is best to speak to them as though it i their thought. You are telling them what to think, me personally if in my head I suddenly thought " jane doe you are attracted to me", I would be confused why I said my own name and who the hell is "me". What is more logical is I am attracted to Robert, I want Robert, I am calling Robert. Then the thought is more natural to a person who is receiving the thought. Now if you are using two figure candles one as you one as her then you may state the petition differently as you are now moving her to the figure candle of you, that may look more like " Jane doe is coming to me" as you move her closer across the working.
Right, I understand that you have to know how to change the perspective to the target's point of view when doing skull work in particular, and when working with dolls as well. I would even go as far as saying you could also use first person perspective when sending energy to a target to influence their feelings or actions (ie. Your petition says - It is my will that Jane Doe now have these feelings for me "I (Jane Doe) suddenly have strong feelings for John Doe) - I need to give that a try sometime to see how that works by the way.

But what I was questioning in my OP though was the effect of changing the wording of a petition to 2nd or 3rd person perspective when directing that energy to a target. As I said, I noticed a big change in how that energy feels.

Again, when sending energy to a target to influence feelings and using 2nd person wording in your petition, it is like talking them directly and it's like you're literally pushing their energy trying to influence them to do what you want. But when you try to influence a target using 3rd person it's more like you're putting it out in the universe or speaking it into existence vs directly talking to them. See what I'm saying here? There is a big difference in the way the energy is directed with even just the choice of wording.

JayDee
AIRR Member

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:50 am

jdsmooth85 ,

There is no universal way to state a petition, some will do it affirmatively, they take the bible text, Mark 11:24- Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. There are other prayers found in the Bible with different tones such as the Psalms, Psalm 91: If you say, “The Lord is my refuge," and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;". You will notice a different tense used in this prayer. You can ask 100 people and read 100 books and they will all tell you something different, there is no universal way, some base theirs on tradition taught by family members, others based on culture or a teacher, others do a different type of magic such as Ceremonial and they use different techniques. If you notice a major change in the energy when you do the changing of a tense, then I would practice with this and determine which method works best for you.

Some people believe the universe is literal, this is why it is important to be laser focused on the outcome, with a clear petition and desire. However I follow the Bible verse, Luke 11:11- If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?" God answers the prayers with what you are asking of him.

Miss Cat has two wonderful books that are related to this topic that would be a great read based on your interest.

Hoodoo Bible Magic: https://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoobiblemagic.html
Paper in My Shoe: https://www.luckymojo.com/paperinmyshoe.html

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:29 am

Wonderful insight JayDee!

I appreciate your perspective on all of this.

I will definitely be checking out the books you recommended as well!

Once again, thank you for your contribution to my question!

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:26 am

To JayDee or anyone else willing to chime in.....

This is something that came to mind just now. I wish I would've remembered it when I made my OP a few days ago, but sometimes certain things just don't come to you. But this is still relevant to my OP and the subsequent discussion nonetheless.......

When I first began working with magick (right before I found out what Hoodoo was), I performed a love spell on a target. At that time I didn't know anything about being specific about the wording in a petition or anything like that. I kinda knew a little something about building up emotional energy but not to any great extent at the time. I just wrote out the full petition and went raw with it. It was just pure RAW energy!

Thing is, I was using the phrase "I want you to feel" while sending that energy to the target. I knew what I wanted to manifest overall but I was concise or very precise with it. It just felt very "primal" because it was just a big burst of energy that came straight from the heart.

While I was doing the spell I actually "felt" the energy moving and when I was finally done the energy was raised so high that I felt completely drained and "loopy". It was actually a scary feeling because I didn't know what was happening! It's like I could also feel the target's energy after that!

Thing is.....the spell WORKED (I know it's called a "job" in Hoodoo but again, that was right before I got into Hoodoo) ! It was a little more powerful than I expected, especially for it to be my very first spell. But I got some SERIOUS movement with it. Probably a lot more than any working I've done since!

When I think back on that, I think of what I stated in my OP that you have to be very careful when wording your petitions because the universe takes things literally. It is said that you should avoid saying "I Want", unless you want to keep wanting. So instead of saying "I Want" you should instead speak it as if it is currently happening in order to get the energy moving, then know in the affirmative that you have it.

BUUUUUT............... there's what happened in my very first spell tho.

Since I learned to change up the phrasing in my petitions and being careful with the wording, as well as being more precise with my intentions instead of letting my raw emotions go, I noticed that my working hasn't been as powerful and things manifested but in more subtle ways, it manifested slowly, or just simply not at all.

JayDee
AIRR Member

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:54 pm

jdsmooth85 ,

There are many ways of working with energy in magic, some focus on the spiritual aspect others on the physical moving and pulling of energy. It is very common to be tired or exhausted after doing a long job on a person, it takes a lot of mental, physical energy. You were also likely very tired because all of the energy you used came only from you. In Hoodoo we work with the spirit, the spiritual energy of ancestors, herbs, the items, Gods word, and that energy with your own is put into the work. I would practice different techniques and see which work best for you and continue to do that. If you look at how Protestant pray, or how a church hymn is sung you will see a pattern in the wording, and the energy that goes into those prayers and songs.

JayDee

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:34 am

JayDee,

Thanks again for chiming in!

I took a few days to "experiment" with different methods of working petitions, and I have to agree with you that it's really best to do what feels best to you, whatever gets the energy across best - so to speak. Like you said before, there is really no one universal way, but I still hold that the universe responds best to certain ways energy is directed.

I agree with you 100% about the tired feeling after working with the energy, and especially when it all comes from you alone. I know that in the Hoodoo tradition it is custom to work with God, ancestors and spirits as well as items, but since my inception into magick/Hoodoo I have been working it solo without the aid of spirits. I can only count a handful of times I've worked with spirits, in general, but I am considering opening myself more to it.

I've always considered myself spiritual-non religious, so I honestly never paid any real attention to how Protestants pray, but after you threw that in I'm going to research it to see how they do their prayers to get another perspective.

Thanks once again JayDee and you have a nice day!

JayDee
AIRR Member

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:38 pm

jdsmooth85 ,

Here are two examples on the Lucky Mojo page regarding conditional curses and prayer, a great resource to look at.

Hitler and Hell: https://www.luckymojo.com/hitler-and-hell.html
Will You Spend your Eternity In Hell: https://www.luckymojo.com/will-you-spen ... -hell.html

Hoodoo Bible Magic also discusses the different types of prayers: https://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoobiblemagic.html

Hoodoo Jukebox is filled with songs (among other treasures like petition papers, candle covers, seals) that discuss Hoodoo and even sing in a similar preaching method: https://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoojukebox ... olbox.html

Another great source on Religion and Hoodoo https://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooandreligion.html

Under Lucky Mojo books, this classic also discusses prayer types and using them in work: THE CRYSTAL SILENCE LEAGUE: PERSONAL LESSONS, CODES, AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR MEMBERS
Written by C. Alexander in 1919 and revised in 2011
https://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html

Working with spirits is a part of Hoodoo and very common to honor ancestors, to ask for support, but it is also working with the natural spirit and its energy of the curios we use in the work.

JayDee

coastwitch

Unread post by coastwitch » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:23 pm

Seven years ago, in 2013, I posted to this thread and mentioned that I had filled three Books of Shadow with recipes, spells, and pressed herbs. I started my fourth Book of Shadows that year at the Winter solstice.

This year I celebrated Yule by finishing my fourth Book of Shadows and embarking on my fifth one. These books mark my journey through magick and by returning to them I can see how far I have traveled on my path.
coastwitch

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:11 pm

LUCKY MOJO HOODOO ROOTWORK HOUR: 1/16/22:
http://tobtr.com/s/12051299
We will be on the air today at 3pm PT, 6pm ET with catherine yronwode, ConjureMan, and special guest Doc Murphy. This 90-minute show begins with a tutorial on the topic of "When Will I Be Wise?" followed by free psychic readings, hoodoo spells, and conjure consultations, giving listeners an education in African-American folk magic. Join the chat room using a registered BlogTalkRadio account while the show is live or listen later at our podcast archive.

To sign up as a client for a free psychic reading, please fill out the form at the Lucky Mojo Forum:
https://forum.luckymojo.com/topic95759.html

Tune in online to listen, or call in by phone 818-394-8535 and press '1' to 'raise your hand' and receive a free reading and consultation.
#luckymojocurioco #podcast #psychicreaders #freespells #magicspells #conjurespells #hoodoospells #folkmagic

The LMC Radio Network
http://LMCRadioNetwork.com

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:43 am

One way to increase focus and intention while casting a spell is to link or time the work to a particular external event -- either one time or in a pattern of cyclical timings. Cyclical or repetitious timing is a powerful was to focus attention and has been recommended by folk magic practitioners, religious clerics, and ceremonial magicians for millennia.

There are many methods for timing spell-casting. We continue to discuss them in the Lucky Mojo Forum, and the mods are always willing to share their own tips and techniques.

Here, to facilitate conversations, are all of the Forum threads that deal with timing as a way to link your spell's focus and intention to the powerful cycles of nature.

Spell Timing: Time of Day or Night, Clock Time
https://forum.luckymojo.com/spell-timin ... 11842.html

Spell Timing: Planetary Influences and the Days of the Week
https://forum.luckymojo.com/spell-timin ... t1429.html

Spell Timing: Dates of the Month and Numerically Interesting Dates
https://forum.luckymojo.com/spell-timin ... t8110.html

Spell Timing: Astrology, Horoscopes, Signs of the Zodiac, and Planetary Aspects
https://forum.luckymojo.com/spell-timin ... t3022.html

Spell Timing: Moon Phases, Moon Signs, Moon Void of Course
https://forum.luckymojo.com/spell-timin ... -t442.html

Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades
https://forum.luckymojo.com/spell-timin ... t2025.html

For a brief tutorial of timing for spell-casting, you can also see my book "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic"

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

For More Information, see:
https://luckymojo.com/theartofhoodoocandlemagic.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Dr Darensbourg
Newly Registered

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Fri May 13, 2022 6:39 am

Bonjou/Hello!

I wanted to share one of my little secrets of increasing focus and intention.

Some of you may already do this but I find that using music REALLY helps to set the mood and creates and induces an emotional response that can help to shift your spirit in the "right" direction for the spell you are working.

Outside of Hoodoo, I am a professional musician/vocalist and an actor and on top of this I'm a cancer so you with all these things going you KNOW I'm able to REALLY access my emotions and the music really heightens the experience and makes for beautiful rituals with effective outcomes for me.

So anyway, here's a list of my favorite songs to play and what kind of Spellwork I use them for. Hope you enjoy:

- "Prayer of Jabez" by Donald Lawrence
(Steady Work, Money Drawing, Fast Luck)

- "Set Me as a Seal" by René Clausen
(Come to Me, Return to Me, Reconciliation)

- "Take It By Force" feat Karen Clark Sheard
(revenge/reversal)

- "Amazing Grace" FULL ALBUM by Aretha Franklin
(I use this while making doll babies and mojo bags)

- "Take Me to the Water" from the "Selma" sound tracks
(I use this while baptizing doll babies)

- "Just Because God Said It" by the late and great
(I use this for uncrossing, deliverance, and protection)

- Ave Maria Païen by NOA
(I am a French and Creole speaking Louisiana Creole and a devotee of Marie Laveaux. I use this during my devotions to her or while petitioning her. I only speak to her in either or both of our heritage languages, French or Kouri-Vini which is Louisiana Creole)

These are just a few of the ones I use; the more frequent ones. Feel free to steal'em from me! haha.
I hope to hear some of your selections if you use songs or music too!
HRCC Graduate #2132G

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:55 pm

This is the classic Lucky Mojo Spell Kit for those who wish to increase their psychic gifts and talents. When you perform the spell, you will end up with an empowered, fixes, and dressed mojo hand to carry -- or to conceal under your reading table.

Psychic Vision Spell Kit

Use in Magic:
Psychic Vision is an occult formula that is employed to assist spiritual clairvoyance, induce prophetic and beneficial dreams, enhance the gift of second sight, aid meditation, and empower the ability to engage in astral travel.

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo spell kits are the perfect introduction to folk magic for those who want to follow established methods; you will receive all of the ingredients needed to perform a full job of work, plus complete instructions for use.

Product Details:
This Spell Kit comes complete with:
• 1 White Crucifix candle
• 2 Blue candles
• Psychic Vision Bath Crystals
• Psychic Vision Incense
• Psychic Vision Sachet Powder
• Psychic Vision Mojo Bag fixed with metal Owl charm
• Psychic Vision Dressing Oil
• Complete instructions for use

SPL-KIT-PSYC
Psychic Vision Spell Kit
$84.00

https://www.luckymojo.com/psychicvision.html
catherine yronwode

LaurenGab

Unread post by LaurenGab » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:36 am

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a career-reading tarot set. Which sets have worked for you? Any recommendations?

Thank you!!!

JayDee
AIRR Member

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:04 pm

LaurenGab,

My personal experience is that the Tarot deck and the divination tools tend to select the reader, meaning you will "just know". That being said, you will find many workers have a specific deck because it resonates with them and it aids them in reading. My preference is the Ryder Wait Tarot, the symbolism resonates with me. I have friends and readers who use three different ones.

Whichever item you choose, I would suggest you dress your hands with Psychic Vision oil as you shuffle the deck and pray over them, smoke them in Psychic Vision incense powder.

Psychic Vision: https://www.luckymojo.com/psychicvision.html

JayDee

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”