Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lucky Charms and Amulets, Lucky Gods, Lucky Spirits

How to select, dress, fix, empower, and employ Lucky Mojo magical amulets, charms, seals, papers, talismans, and jewelry.
lucky7clover

Lucky Charms and Amulets, Lucky Gods, Lucky Spirits

Unread post by lucky7clover » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:09 pm

I have this small basket, about an inch in height and width with tiny figures of the 7 Japanese Lucky Gods inside (they're quite small). This is something I forgot that I had. This morning I noticed that one of the Gods fell out of the basket (which I kept inside a box)... so I put him back into the small basket. Today at work, I realized that I had so much luck! First of all, I was monitored (i work at a call center and our phone calls are listened to and we are graded on how we serviced the customer), and I ended up getting 105% because the customer was so thankful on how much I helped her. Secondly, I upselled three items today... and on a weekly basis, I normally get around 6 or 7. And then Thirdly, I got to go home a half an hour early. I felt super lucky.

I swear I saw something on Lucky Mojo site that mentioned the 7 Lucky Gods of Japan. I can't seem to find it now. The little figurines that I have are not even concencrated, so I was surprised that just by touching one, I obtained luck. So I'm definitely going to concencrate them now!

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Re: Lucky Charms and Amulets, Lucky Gods, Lucky Spirits

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:17 pm

I don't know that much about then but I believe the laughing Buddha is/was one of them, Hoti if memory serves. Lucky Mojo has this : http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-japanese-lucky-7.html Hope that helps. And congratulations on all your luck, hope it keeps up.
HRCC Student #1559

lucky7clover

Unread post by lucky7clover » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:43 pm

Actually I ended up looking for information on the 7 Japanese Gods of Luck... and tried to figure out which one was the one that I touched and it was Hotei Buddha. Here's a list of them:

Ebisu - God of Fishermen, Good Luck, Commerce and Honest Labor
Daikokuten - God of Earth, Wealth, Prosperity, Farmers, Flood control and The Kitchen
Benten - Goddess of Music. Fine Arts, Eloquence and Literature
Hotei - God of Contentment and Happiness
Fukurokuju - God of Wisdom, Longevity, Verility and Fertility
Juroujin - God of Longevity
Bishamonten - God of Treasure, War, and Warriors

Ironically, the 7 Lucky Gods of Japan are not all from Japan. Ebisu is the only deity with Japanese origin. Three are from Hindu-Buddhist pantheon from India (Dikokuten, Benten and Bishamonten) and the other three are from the Chinese Taoist- Buddhist traditions (Hotei, Fukurokuju, and Jurojin). What I found funny was that Benten, in Hinduism is actually Sarasvati. Sarasvati loves literature and knowledge and she is said to guard libraries.

And I also found some information of the significance of the number 7 in Japan. Ancient Japan was founded around seven districts. In Japanese folklore, there are seven treasures and seven deities of good luck. Japanese Buddhists believe people are reincarnated only seven times, and seven weeks of mourning are prescribed following death.

Quite interesting, which sounds like it connects to Hoodoo is on the night of January 2nd, place a picture of the 7 deities aboard their "Treasure ship" or Takarabune underneath your pillow. And if you have a lucky dream that night, you will have luck for the entire year.

Mysticserver

Unread post by Mysticserver » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Lucky elephants need to have their trunks up. Should their trunks be pointing toward the door (to call in luck) or away from the door (so luck walks in with them)? I've heard both and would be interested to hear what people believe.

Miss Bri
AIRR Member

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:11 pm

I have heard of the trunks up idea, but it is by no means consistent. Sri Ganesh, the Hindu Elephant God, who among other things does bring in luck, is featured in a variety of poses, usually with his trunk down. With that said, this is pretty off topic for our board so let's stick to Hoodoo, Lucky Mojo, and if you have specific question about amulets, charms, seals, papers, and jewelry we will be happy to assist!
Blessings,
Bri
HRCC Graduate Apprentice #1154GA
Miss Bri -- Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Mysticserver

Unread post by Mysticserver » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:21 am

Lucky Mojo has a web page discussing lucky elephants

The lucky elephant charm is a deliberate bit of cultural exoticism found in America and Europe. Historically linked to to the era …
www.luckymojo.com/elephant.html

So I didn't think it would be off topic ... Sorry

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:59 am

Lakshmi, the Hindu goddess of wealth, is often pictured with elephants, usually with the trunk up. Lucky Mojo carries Lakshmi and Ganesh candles, oils, incense, sachet powders, and bath crystals, so I would say this topic is OK for this forum.
HRCC Graduate #1518

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:32 am

I was told by a Hindu to keep a statue of Ganesha facing the front door to draw in luck. That was specific to that tradition, so I don't know about lucky elephants in general. For me it is an extension of my ongoing devotional relationship with Sri Ganesha, and I have found it to be effective.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Apo

Unread post by Apo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:31 am

I was taught that you place the elephants facing to the inside of the house. So luck and wealth follows them in.

Randy23
Newly Registered

Unread post by Randy23 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi was hoping someone can help with a charm or coin that will bring luck when I go fishing. I'm a fisherman and could use a good luck charm or coin. In a runt and need some help. Any ideas? Thanks for any advice

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:57 pm

Good Evening, Randy23,
Oh boy. Lucky Mojo has an array of amulets and charms. It's like a treasure chest full of wonderful goodies!
Have you checked out this page? www.luckymojo.com/mojocatamulets.html
Once you've narrowed down the possibilities, let us know if you have any questions.
Take care and catch some HUGE fish!!!!
Have a great week.
HRCC Graduate #1631

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:33 am

Although mojo bags originated with the making of hunting charms -- which tells you how long ago it started! -- most of the amulets available from Lucky Mojo are for love, money, and protection. You might not find anything that strikes you as a useful fishing charm, so you might want to make something like this:

Make a mojo bag with a lodestone and at least one fish-shaped charm. (Another charm on the outside of the bag is optional. On the one hand, it'll help you remember what it's for; on the other hand, it might tell people your business.) Dress it with Crown of Success.

Also, I believe that Devil's Shoestring has been used to paralyze fish by Native American tribes that built fish weirs, so you might want some of that in your bag. It's lucky and protective, too. Put a fishing lure in there, something bright and shiny or something designed for the species of fish that you most want to catch. And your hair, because that's an extension of yourself, and you want the fish to find you.

Dress it all with Attraction and Crown of Success. That's a modern fishing charm off the top of my head.

You'll find some more traditional work in this brief but informative thread: Best of luck,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:52 pm

How To Use Amulets, Charms, and Talismans in the Hoodoo and Conjure Tradition by catherine yronwode and Gregory Lee White

Use in Magic:
In a mere 96 pages, this densely packed and lavishly illustrated occult manual presents more than 150 popular natural curios, apotropaic amulets, protective talismans, animal totems, and religious emblems from around the world and from all eras of history, as prescribed and employed in contemporary hoodoo, conjure, and rootwork.

• Animal Mascots and Fetishes
• Stone and Crystal Amulets
• Herb and Root Curios
• Enchanted Jewelry
• Zodiacal Gemstones
• Empowered Key Rings
• Talismanic Seals and Sigils
• Lucky Charms and Lockets
• Reliquaries and Prayer Papers

Learn how to identify, select, prepare, and consecrate your own magical and metaphysical amulets and charms — and how to wear or carry them for good luck, protection, health, wealth, success, victory, and love! at last: a practical field guide to folkloric charms!

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in spells of love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
96-page paperback, illustrated

BOO-GRI-ACAT
How To Use Amulets, Charms, and Talismans in the Hoodoo and Conjure Tradition by catherine yronwode and Gregory Lee White
$12.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
https://luckymojo.com/howtouseamuletscha ... smans.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:24 pm

Use in Magic:
In a mere 96 pages, this densely packed and lavishly illustrated occult manual presents more than 150 popular natural curios, apotropaic amulets, protective talismans, animal totems, and religious emblems from around the world and from all eras of history, as prescribed and employed in contemporary hoodoo, conjure, and rootwork.

• Animal Mascots and Fetishes
• Stone and Crystal Amulets
• Herb and Root Curios
• Enchanted Jewelry
• Zodiacal Gemstones
• Empowered Key Rings
• Talismanic Seals and Sigils
• Lucky Charms and Lockets
• Reliquaries and Prayer Papers

Learn how to identify, select, prepare, and consecrate your own magical and metaphysical amulets and charms — and how to wear or carry them for good luck, protection, health, wealth, success, victory, and love! at last: a practical field guide to folkloric charms!

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in spells of love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
96-page paperback, illustrated

BOO-GRI-ACAT
$12.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
https://luckymojo.com/howtouseamuletscha ... smans.html

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Dedication 4
Acknowledgements 4
A World of Amulets for All 5
Glossary 8
Natural Curios as Amulets 8
Stone and Crystal Amulets 9
Animal Mascots, Bone Amulets 10
Herb and Root Curios 11
Artisinal Charms 12
Illustrated Encyclopedia of Amulets from A to Z 16
Lucky Birthstones and Zodiacal Gems 80
How to Fix, Prepare, Consecrate, and Enchant Your Amulets 91
Fixing, Dressing, and Feeding Charms 91
Enchanting Your Jewelry 91
Astrological Considerations 91
Special Consecrations 91
When a Protective Charm Takes a Hit 91
How to Make a Red String Bendel 92
How to Wear, Carry, and Deploy Your Amulets 93
Pendants, Brooches, Bracelets, and Rings 93
Charm Bracelets and Charm Necklaces 93
Marked Tools 93
Horse Brasses and Bridle Ornaments 93
Key Chains, Key Rings, and Car Charms 93
Mojo Hands, Purse Packets, and Bed Charms 93
Doorway, Yard, and Boundary Charms 93
Amulets for Every Condition 94
Protection from and Reversal of Attack 94
Psychic or Spiritual Endowments 94
Money Drawing and Wealth 94
Luck in Games of Chance 95
Love, Sexuality, and Fertility 95
Personal Power and Success 95
Social Defiance and Reverse Bad Luck 95
Bibliography 96
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:32 am

This chonky black cat wishes you “GOOD LUCK ALWAYS” on an early 20th century brass token. Another treat from the Lucky W Amulet Archive, located on the web at AmuletArchive.com
#goodluck #luckymojocurioco #amulet #luckycharms #blackcat #amuletarchive

Follow us on Instagram
@catherineyronwode
and
@luckymojocurioco
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Amulets, Charms, Seals, Papers, and Jewelry in Hoodoo”