Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon

For just a few bucks a month you can have access to Bonus Pages on hoodoo, spell-casting, fortune telling, and folk magic, and contact Cat directly through this private sub-forum!
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:18 pm

In order to continue my work as a writer and graphic designer in the fields of magic, folklore, spellcraft, divination, and fortune telling, i am asking loyal readers to support me on Patreon. For a small monthly donation, you will have access to advance copies of web pages and books i am writing, at the rate of one new item per week.

Because my interests are varied and not everyone is interested in all of my projects, you may subscribe for one, two, or four articles per month. The articles will be tagged with the type of material covered. I think of these as "streams" of content, which may mingle and flow together at times.

At present the planned streams are

----------------------------------------

"From the Land of Tea"
An adjunct to my tasseomancy site, The Mystic Tea Room.
Opened to Patreon supporters on January 7th, 2021

"Your Wate and Fate: The Material Culture of Fortune Telling"
Documenting the material culture of unusual methods of fortune telling.
Opened to Patreon supporters on January 14th, 2021

"Down-Home Sex magic: Hoodoo Spells of Bodily Love"
Sample pdf chapters from my upcoming book of the same name.
Opened to Patreon supporters on March 28th, 2021

"Where the Southern Cross the Yellow Dog"
Annotated historical articles on 19th and 20th century hoodoo, an adjunct to my "Southern Spirits" site.
Opened to Patreon supporters on January 21st, 2021

"Leaves from the Root Doctor's Garden"
An adjunct to the popular botanical spell-casting pages at my "Herb Magic" site
Opened to Patreon supporters on March 7th, 2021

"Terrors of the Evil Eve Exposed by Henri Gamache, cat yronwode, and Dr. jeremy Weiss"
Sample pdf chapters from my upcoming book of the same name.
Opened to Patreon supporters on March 28th, 2021

"Amulets, Charms, and Talismans in the Hoodoo and Conjure Tradition by catherine yronwode and Gregory Lee White"
An illustrated and annotated tour of "The Lucky W Amulet Archive" (my collection of lucky charms) with much additional material.

"A Hoodoo Hand"
Research pages to eventually be added to my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice"

"Fit to Print"
Sample pdf chapters from upcoming books i am writing.

Each new web page or sample pdf is circulated to Patrons as an unpublished galley proof or advance copy. After one year at Patreon, each page will be released to the public, either as an addition to one of my web sites or in the form of a chapter in a published book.

Patrons have access to a Private Patreon sub-forum within the Lucky Mojo Forum, and will be accorded special Red Star Avatar badges at the Forum.

To sign up, go to my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/catherineyronwode

For new Patrons -- once you have your Red Star at the Lucky Mojo Forum, you should be able to see this:

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

coastwitch

Re: Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon

Unread post by coastwitch » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:25 pm

What are the tiers at Patreon in terms of monetary levels and benefits to patrons?
coastwitch

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:13 pm

Here are the tiers i have devised at Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/catherineyronwode

The Sampler
$2.00 Per Month

* Preview access to ONE new web page per month; the web page release will be held one year before public viewing.
* Access to my Patrons-Only Private Sub-Forum at the Lucky Mojo Forum where we can chat.
* A special Red Star Patron badge at the Public and Private Lucky Mojo Forums.

The Selector
$4.00 Per Month

* Preview access to TWO new web pages per month; the web page release will be held one year before public viewing.
* Access to my Patrons-Only Private Sub-Forum at the Lucky Mojo Forum where we can chat.

The Reader
$8.00 Per Month

* Preview access to FOUR new web pages per month; the web page release will be held one year before public viewing.

The Bibliophile
$24.00 Per Month

* Preview access to FOUR new web pages per month; the web page release will be held one year before public viewing.
* A signed copy of a 96-page book on folk magic or divination that i have authored, co-authored, or edited.

The Collector
$48.00 Per Month

* A signed copy of a 96-page book on folk magic or divination that i have authored, co-authored, or edited.
* An envelope containing rare vintage paper or cloth ephemera from my personal collection, with a hand-written card
explaining its provenance, significance, and how i came to have duplicate copies so i can send one to you.

The Ephemerist
$64.00 Per Month

* An envelope containing rare vintage paper or cloth ephemera from my personal collection, with a hand-written card
explaining its provenance, significance, and how i came to have duplicate copies so i can send one to you.
* A lovingly curated box of vintage porcelain, glass, or metal ephemera from my personal collection, with a hand-written card explaining its provenance, significance, and how i came to have duplicate copies so i can send one to you.

With 32 different 96-page books in stock, i can continue to send books to faithful Patrons for not quite three years -- by which time there should be a few more books, extending that offer to a full three years. I have a ton of excess ephemera such as rare old 1930s hoodoo labels, fantastic excess china ware, and God knows what-all that i would love to send to other ephemerists. I often used to make entire store buyouts. So i have enough amazingly cool stuff to send random vintage presents to hundreds of Patrons for the rest of my life.

catherine yronwode

stinastarryeyed
Patreon Patron

Unread post by stinastarryeyed » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:29 pm

Oooh!! That sounds amazing, especially the higher tiers. I want to support you on Patreon as soon as possible, I was really excited when you mentioned it on the podcast a couple of weeks ago.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:32 pm

Just three more days and the gates swing wide on my Patreon page. I am pretty exited. Thanks for your interest.

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:59 pm

At MIDNIGHT on New Years, 2021, these things will happen:

1) The Mystic Tea Room Facebook page goes LIVE with a great giveaway.
To enter the contest, you just have to LIKE the page and COMMENT in the contest thread.
* https://www.facebook.com/TheMysticTeaRoom
* The Mystic Tea Room page on Facebook

2) My personal Facebook Profile becomes a PAGE.
This means i can have more than 5,000 friends -- so if you ever wanted to follow my posts, now you can!
* https://facebook.com/catyronwode
* My public cat yronwde Facebook feed

3) My Instagram account goes LIVE.
You can follow my hoodoo, divination, and political posts on Insta!
* https://instagram.com/catherineyronwode
* My catherine yronwode Instagram feed

5) My Patreon account goes LIVE.
Support me with a monthly donation that will get you cool bonus articles, graphics, and at the higher levels, vintage ephemera from my personal collection. (That's right -- i will send you stuff so rare and strange it will curl your toes!)
* [https://www.patreon.com/catherineyronwode
* My catherine yronwode Patreon page

4) My Twitter account WAKES UP from a dormant spell.
Yes, it was sleeping for a while, but it has woken up, so you can follow my tweets.
* https://twitter.com/catyronwode
* My public catherine yronwode' Twitter feed

5) My Pinterest Boards getts VERY ACTIVE
I have been on Pinterest for quite a while now -- and this year i will be posting LOTS of cool graphics.
* 'https://www.pinterest.com/catyronwod
* My hoodoo and divination pages on Pinterest
catherine yronwode

stinastarryeyed
Patreon Patron

Unread post by stinastarryeyed » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:08 pm

I just became a patron!! I'm doing a little happy dance over here.

stinastarryeyed
Patreon Patron

Unread post by stinastarryeyed » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:10 pm

I also followed you on Twitter and Instagram. I had previously liked your FB page.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:39 pm

Thank you, stinastarryeyed -- that is so kind of you.

The roll-out of the Mystic Tea Room Facebook page is going well too -- over 300 likes in the first few hours -- and new likes coming in every few minutes, THAK YOU, all of my friends of tasseomancy and the mystic arts. And, in case you missed it, TODAY ONLY the Mystic Tea Room is hosting a contest to win a free fortune telling tea cup and a book on tea leaf reading. Go to the new Mystic Tea Rom page, LIKE IT and drop a COMMENT in the contest. Good luck!

https://www.facebook.com/TheMysticTeaRoom

And my Patreon page is here:

catherine yronwode

stinastarryeyed
Patreon Patron

Unread post by stinastarryeyed » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:07 pm

You are very welcome.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:09 am

Okay, folks -- i now have FOUR Patrons on Patreon, and we will shortly be setting up welcome letters and emailing them out to invite my Patrons into the private Patreon forum.

Welcome to my Patreon community.

If you registered to support me as a Patron, look for your first bonus article on January 7th. You will also receive your "Red Star Patron" avatar at the Forum by then as well.

I intend to send out the Patreon bonus articles on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th of each month and ephemera on the 28th of each month.

The Sampler: Tier One Patrons get one bonus article, on the 7th of each month, and will also receive a "Red Star Patron" avatar at the Lucky Mojo Forum, with access to the Private Patron Forum.

The Selector: Tier Two Patrons get two bonus articles, on the 7th and the 14th of each month, and will also receive a "Red Star Patron" avatar at the Lucky Mojo Forum, with access to the Private Patron Forum.

The Reader: Tier Three Patrons get three bonus articles, on the 7th, 14th, and the 21st of each month, and will also receive a "Red Star Patron" avatar at the Lucky Mojo Forum, with access to the Private Patron Forum.

The Bibliophile: Tier Four Patrons get four bonus articles, on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the 28th of each month; plus a signed copy of a 96-page book on folk magic or divination that i have authored, co-authored, or edited on the 28th of each month; and will also receive a "Red Star Patron" avatar at the Lucky Mojo Forum, with access to the Private Patron Forum.

The Collector: Tier Five Patrons get four bonus articles, on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the 28th of each month; plus a signed copy of a 96-page book on folk magic or divination that i have authored, co-authored, or edited on the 28th of each month; and will also receive a "Red Star Patron" avatar at the Lucky Mojo Forum, with access to the Private Patron Forum, plus one piece of actual vintage "flat" ephemera mailed to them in a flat envelope on the 28th of each month.

The Ephemerist: Tier Six Patrons get four bonus articles, on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the 28th of each month;; plus a signed copy of a 96-page book on folk magic or divination that i have authored, co-authored, or edited on the 28th of each month; and will also receive a "Red Star Patron" avatar at the Lucky Mojo Forum, with access to the Private Patron Forum, plus one piece of actual vintage "flat" ephemera and one piece of "boxed" ephemera mailed together in a box on the 28th of each month.

The bonus articles will vary by topic and by format at my whim and at my will. Some will be illustrated web pages not available to the public for one year, some will be scans of rare folk magic and fortune telling ephemera with annotations and notes, and some will be typeset chapters from upcoming books on folk magic and fortune telling.

The flat vintage ephemera may be made of paper, chipboard, or cloth. Due to the rarity of such items, no two pieces are guaranteed to be alike, but while i do have duplicates in my collections, no Patron will receive the same item twice.

The boxed vintage ephemera may be made of porcelain, wood, chipboard, or metal. Due to the rarity of such items, no two pieces are guaranteed to be alike, but while i do have duplicates in my collections, no Patron will receive the same item twice.

Patrons who sign up at a lower tier level on a date after that tier's Bonus is released (e.g. if they sign up for Tier One on the 25th of the month), they should receive only the appropriate link for that month (e.g. Tier One will receive the Bonus released on 7th of the month in which they signed up).

I am looking forward to getting to know you all through the Private Patron Forum, and i hope you enjoy these personal glimpses into my work as a researcher and writer on the topics of folk magic and fortune telling.
catherine yronwode

Graveyardhag
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:43 pm

After several years of supporting exactly one person on patreon I now have 2! I'm looking forward to the content.

How will you be confirming who is who for access to the private forum? Do we need to do anything ?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:53 pm

Hello, Graveyardhag,

Thank you so much for subscribing to my Patreon!

The site's backend provides us with the emails of everyone who signs up.

In the next day or two -- well before the 7th, when the first article goes out, we will email everyone who has signed up with a welcome letter containing instructions on how to log in to the private Patreon Forum here in the Lucky Mojo Forum.

Then, on the 7th, all Patrons will be emailed a link to a web page that the public cannot see -- and there the first illustrated article will be. Each week, a link will be emailed, and Patrons will receive as many articles as they have signed up for.

On the 28th of each month, physical objects will be mailed to those Patrons who have also signed up for books, paper ephemera, and/or boxed ephemera.

See you in the Private Patreon Forum in the next day or two!
catherine yronwode

Graveyardhag
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:04 pm

You are most welcome Miss Cat

amysx13
Patreon Patron

Unread post by amysx13 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:04 pm

I just subscribed! I'm so excited, I've always wanted to do your course but I always feel like I don't have time. 😔 Now I have another way to learn from your wisdom in addition to this site! Yay!
Thank you Saint Martha for your continued blessings!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:19 pm

Thank you, amysx13.
catherine yronwode

stinastarryeyed
Patreon Patron

Unread post by stinastarryeyed » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:41 pm

I never got a welcome email or link to the private forum.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:34 pm

Soon! We promise!
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:02 am

I have posted my first Patreon bonus page. Email notifications will go out tomorrow with the URL.
catherine yronwode

stinastarryeyed
Patreon Patron

Unread post by stinastarryeyed » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:15 am

:D OK, thanks for that! I was worried that something was wrong with my email provider.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:59 pm

January 7th, 2021

In the first installment of "From the Land of Tea," we take a sneak-peek look at an upcoming page that will eventually be on display at the Mystic Tea Room web site. As a Patreon supporter, you have access to this page one full year before the public does. A brief teaser for this page is available to the public here:

http://mystictearoom.com Your Fortune in a Tea-Cup Postcards

The public teaser page is lacking most of the images and all of the captions and explanations shown on the Patreon Preview Page. It functions as a link to my Patreon account. Patreon supporters at Tier 1 (The Sampler) and above have access to the priavte page. To read about and subscribe to higher tiers, please see my Patreon page here:

http://patreon.com/catherineyronwode "It's All Ephemera with Cat Yronwode

The finished version of "Your Fortune in a Tea-Cup Postcards" will be released live to the public in January 2022. To discuss this page and other Mystic Tea Room Patreon pages with me, Patrons (but not the public) can join my private Patreon Forum:

Private Patreon Forum for The Mystic Tea Room

Next week's Patreon Preview Page will be ready on January 14th, 2021. The link will be available to Patrons who have subscribed at Tier 2 (The Selector) and above. The Topic will be Your Wate and Fate.
catherine yronwode

amysx13
Patreon Patron

Unread post by amysx13 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:04 am

Do we do something special to join the special forum or is this it? Thanks!
Thank you Saint Martha for your continued blessings!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:32 pm

amysx13,

This thread ("Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon") is the PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD about my Patreon activities.

For new Patrons -- once you have your Red Star at the Lucky Mojo Forum, you should be able to see this:

If you subscribed at Patreon, several things should have happened

1) You should have received a Welcome Letter.

2) You should have received the "secret URL" link to the Week 1 bonus material.

3) You should have received the link to the Private Patreon Forum.

4) Your Avatar's yellow star should have been turned into a RED STAR, and your name should be in BOLD RED text.

Why this may not have happened:

1) You did not actually subscribe at
https://patreon.com/catherineyronwode "It's All Ephemera with Cat Yronwode
(but i see that you say you did!)

2) You subscribed at Patreon but you did not use the same email and user name when subscribing at Patreon that you use here at the Forum, so we have been unable to locate your forum name and forum account to hook you up. (This looks probable, because you do not (yet) have a RED STAR.)

3) You did not open the email we sent to you explaining how to fix identification issues so that we can get you hooked up and in the Private Patreon Forum. (Again, this looks probable.)

4) It can take us 24 hours to check new Patrons and hook them up and although we have emailed all subscribers as of today, you may have signed up later in the day. (Not probable, as you said you had subscribed back on January 4th.)

I will try to get nagasiva or Evan to fix things, and if you have any questions, or need further help, post here, please.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:46 pm

I am finishing work on my Week 2 bonus material for Patreon supporters who are subscribed at Tier 2 through Tier 6. I'd love to share a teaser, but it is "super secret," so here's a photo of the vintage checkerboard restaurant ware on which i ate my breakfast. To become my Patron, go to http://patreon.com/catherineyronwode "It's All Ephemera with Cat Yronwode

The first "Your Wate and Fate" bonus page goes online January 14th, and emails with the URL have been sent to all Patrons subscribed at Tier 2 or above. I hope you like this page on an intriguing old form of character analysis that combines the Zodiac, the birth moth, and the symbolism of gemstones and flowers.
catherine yronwode

stinastarryeyed
Patreon Patron

Unread post by stinastarryeyed » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:17 pm

Oh my goodness, that is fantastic! I love vintage, they certainly don't make things like they used to.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:35 pm

Tier 2 - 6 January 14th, 2021 Your Wate and Fate

The first "Your Wate and Fate" bonus page has gone online, and emails with the URL have been sent to all Patrons subscribed at Tier 2 or above.

I hope you like this page on an intriguing old form of character analysis that combines the Zodiac, the birth moth, and the symbolism of gemstones and flowers.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:09 pm

In December 2020 i decided that in order to reach more people and to find some financial support for my work here at The Mystic Tea Room, i would open a Patreon account, where people could make small monthly donations to get access to bonus pages on tasseomancy, and, for a larger contribution, receive monthly packages of tea, tea leaf reading ephemera, and even vintage tea cups. I decided to call this project "From the Land of Tea," after a lovely little tea company booklet in my collection.

I scanned the art, cleaned it up, and launched "From the and of Tea" on Patreon on January 1st, 2021. People began to sign up almost at once. One week into the project, before i had even posted the link to the first bonus page for my Patrons, i drank my afternoon cup of tea, asking, "Will this be a success?" Here, without any photoshopping or fakery, is the tea cup, next to the logo i had designed.

Now you tell me -- if you were my tea leaf reader, how would you interpret that cup?

If you have a reply, please post here at the Lucky Mojo Forum in the thread called "Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon." Thank you
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:43 pm

No responses have been posted here, but over in Facebook, where i posed the same question, Rob Gallagher responded:

"I see the sailboat from the cover. Sailing to new horizons."

That is how i see it too, Also, as the boat is to the left of "home" but not yet at "away" with respect of the cup handle, it indicates a new venture. Being down from the rim, and occupying weeks two and three in the timing layers of the cup, it shows that the project will develop over the next few weeks.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:59 am

I am happily at work on my third week of articles for my Patrons. I really enjoy working to a deadline -- and now i have TWO per week. My friends and i on the AIRR Tech Team have a long-standing commitment to co-write or co-edit one page on hoodoo or general spirituality for the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers web site. Now i have taken on the self-imposed task to research, write, and illustrate one web page each week on the material culture of hoodoo and other forms of folk magic and divination for my Patreon supporters.

This week my Patreon project kicks off a new series i call "The Southern Cross the Yellow Dog" with a one-year-ahead Patron-preview of a historical article on .... you're gonna love this, folks! -- the British poet and political activist Gerald Massey! Yes, Gerald Massey and hoodoo together on one page, like you've never seen them before! But you have to be a Patron to read it. Eight bucks per month gets you four advance articles on the popular culture of magic, as diverse and fascinating as my mind can devise them.

(Come on, admit it, you kinda knew that Gerald Massey was a Chartist and a Shakespearean scholar, but hoodoo? In 1888? Mind-blowing, huh?) The two bucks per week is well worth it for the surprise levels alone.

And next week ... what'll it be? A complete, annotated 1920s tea leaf reading pamphlet? The private correspondence of a 1930s root doctor? The zodiacal symbolism of flowers on chromolithographic postcards from 1908? Penny scales and character readings? A little-known 1920s blues song about hoodoo? A rare-beyond-rubies 19th century booklet on Palmistry published by an oatmeal company? A 1940s method to find the right Bible passage for every situation? Penny arcade astrology from 1923? A Spiritualistic dream book published by a Black policy king in Chicago? Preview chapters from my next book? -- Well, whatever the future holds, the only way to find out what's next is to subscribe to "It's All Ephemera with cat yronwode"! http://patreon.com/catherineyronwode
catherine yronwode

GoldenRule
Patreon Patron

Unread post by GoldenRule » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:40 pm

So we chose which one(s) we want to subscribe to and it's the tier system for each individual subject?
We never run out of Love to give; it's a renewable resource ❤️
HRCC Student #2183

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:10 pm

GoldenRule --

Not quite. You subscribe to a quantity of pages and items per month -- but the topics i wish to write and the order in which they are presented are at my discretion. I will try to change them up a lot. The best bargain is to subscribe to 4 articles (one per week) -- because you won't miss anything.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:54 pm

I am working on Week Four of my private web pages for Patreon supporters. This one goes out to Tier Three through Tier Six Patrons. Frankly, it is a monster and may run to multiple pages. The topic? Wheels and Spinners. But to get to that, i have to first define the differences between fortune telling, character analysis, and answers to questions. And then i have to taxonomize the varieties of wheels and spinners. And then i have to show beautiful antique and vintage samples of every type. And, if i have time, i may be able to make a video. And, with siva's help, i shall pack up the flat mailers and boxes for Patrons who have subscribed at Tier Four through Tier Six. So ... here is a sneak peak.

But if you are not a Patron, you won't see the whole thing or be able to read my explanation of its manner of use or its role in our magical world until 2022 -- because, for now, this is for Patrons only.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:16 am

Whew! I finished my fourth and final Patreon article for the month of January 2021 just an hour before my midnight deadline. It will go out by email to all of my Patrons as promised tomorrow, January 28th. This is a long, detailed, and heavily illustrated article on how wheels, disks, bands, and spinners are used for fortune telling, At about 4,000 words, it will take most folks more than ten minutes to read, but the photos are a gorgeous bonus, and i am very grateful to my dearest nagasiva for helping out with photography and photoshop. If you are wondering what all the fuss is about Patreon, check out how i have turned my passion for the material culture of folk magic and fortune-telling into a private stream of edifying articles for readers who are willing to pay $2.00 each for advance views of web pages that i intend to share with the public in years to come. http://patreon.com/catherineyronwode
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:01 pm

Today siva and i begin assembling and packing up the physical items to be postally mailed to Patrons who are supporting me at the Tier 5 (Bibliophile), Tier 6 (Collector), and Tier 6 (Ephemerist) levels. This is our first run-through, so we have to set up a database and log what we send, since although many of these items are one of a kind, some of them are from decades-ago warehouse finds and new-old-stock buyouts, and i do not want to send any Patron the same items twice.

January flats and boxes will ship FEBRUARY !st, 2021

P.S. I just love running these obscure teaser images with my announcements. If you are not a Patron, you have no idea what this means -- but if you have subscribed at the Tier 3 level (The Reader) you will get it. Secret stuff for special fans! I love it! Get your Secret Cat Decoder Ring now at http://oatreon.com/catherineyronwode
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:23 pm

What a fast-paced couple of days. Siva and i sorted through my 33 Patreon supporters (thank you, one and all) and sent out the book, paper ephemera, and "solid" ephemera to all of you who have subscribed at those tiers. The Book was "Throwing the Bones," which i wrote in 2012, and each copy was inscribed by name to the recipient. The Paper Ephemera consisted of super-rare original single-sheets printed by the great African American root worker Dr. E. P. Read, advertising various of his hand-made conjure supplies and businesses from the 1920s, plus a small packet of genuinely random Mike Munves "Esmerelda" arcade fortune cards from 1944. And the 3-D Ephemera was a new-old-stock, never-used 1985 International Collectors Guild Zarka fortune telling tea cup! I told you all that i have a lot of good duplicates in my collection -- and my Patrons are going to continue to get some extremely rare materials in their monthly boxes.

If you were thinking of signing up but did not do so in time for the January haul -- well, there is always February, and March, and April. And i am thinking of making a few January packages available to those who signed up for the electronic articles only and now want an upgrade. A few, mind you. This offer applies to new Patrons as well. But not too many, because i only have so many Zarka cups and E.P. Read flyers left.

Contact me in the Lucky Mojo Forum in this "Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon" thread, and we'll see what we can do.
catherine yronwode

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:36 am

We're looking for best delivery addresses for the following people in the Patreon system:

creepmouse

IgnacioJ

Please contact me via Facebook or through the Patreon messaging system with your best delivery address.

Thanks!
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

Metalina
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Metalina » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:35 am

I signed up for the highest tier yesterday, but Patreon says they haven’t charged me and won’t until the first of next month. Is there a way to get on board for February?

I love this whole thing. I’m very excited!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:01 pm

Thank you, Metalina! Patreon is funny that way -- you are on board for February now. You will receive all of the February web page articles and the items, and will be charged on March 1st. We will check the charges to see they all go through, and the February boxes and flats will go out as soon as we have the cash in hand.

The schedule for articles is February 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th.
catherine yronwode

Metalina
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Metalina » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:25 pm

Thank you Miss Cat :)

Jordan733
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jordan733 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:36 am

While I'm doing a lot of catching up since I just subscribed as a patron, I'm really happy that there's a way to support you and the work that you share with the All. Thank you for all that you do and for leading the way so often when life seems as if there is no opening to move forward.
Jordan Rae Mikena
Student ID #2078

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:52 pm

Hi, Jordan --

Thank you for joining my support brigade! I am working on the February 7th web page article today -- it is in the Southern Spirits thread called "Where the Southern Cross the Yellow Dog" and it will relate to some of the items that were included in the January "flat ephemera" packets, namely the duplicate ephemera from my collection of materials by the black rootworker and entrepreneur Dr. E. P. Read. There will be lots of scanning and lots of one-of-a-kind photographs needed to get this article ready.

For those interested in this topic who did not sign up for the "Collector" tier in January, don't worry, a second and a third batch of original material, including labels and flyers from the office and laboratory of Dr. E.P. Read , from 1910 - 1940 will be distributed to patrons at later dates.
catherine yronwode

jabberwockyinc
Patreon Patron

Unread post by jabberwockyinc » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:46 pm

Cat, thank you so much for doing this project. I am more than happy to support Lucky Mojo any way I can. Through your reading and my amazing Lucky Mojo products I have finally secured a job/business venture. THANK YOU!

You had mentioned offering some January boxes for those that want to change their tier later. I am one of those fans! I did not have that amount of money at that moment but wanted to sign up ASAP at a lower tier. As soon as I can I want to upgrade to collect zarka cups and experience these other items. If you were to offer a January box now I'd rush to get one!

Thank you again for this service. I have been reading and following Lucky Mojo since I was a teenager and feel as I could not have done such great things without this access to knowledge. Cheers!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:21 am

Ji, jabberwockyinc --

Nagasiva will get back to you about the remaining January boxes. They cannot be sold through Pareon, as the system won' allow folks to go backwards, but he can contact you and send you a Paypal invoice and get the material off to you.

I will remind him tomorrow of he doesn;t contact you today.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:23 am

Tier 1 FEBRUARY 7th, 2021

Hello everyone, and thank you for supporting "It's All Ephemera"!

SIX URLS (of which 4 are regular stand-bys) go out on February 7th, 2021 for Tier 1 Patrons and above as a reward for your ongoing support of my Patreon project,

1) "Dr. E. P. Read" by cat yronwode

[SECRET URL]

This is what you are here for, folks! Here we have the first of what will prove to be several or many pages on the life, lore, legend, and literary legacy of Dr. Edward Parker Read, a pioneering Black pharmacist, herb doctor, astrologer, conjure doctor, and business entrepreneur. Heavily illustrated and meticulously researched. Good for what ails you!

2) Southern Spirits Gets Its Own Wiki:

[SECRET URL]

Rather than try to fit my private Patreon pages for Southern Spirits into the html format at my public site, i asked my dear hsband nagasive to create a wiki at the domain, and he did so. This means that Patrons now have a new way to find the Southern Spirits site.

Of course there is not much on this page, because i do not link to pages for with people have not subscribed, but here it is, anyway, waiting for the day in 2022 that it will be unveiled to the waiting world.

3) The Public Southern Spirits web site:

http://southernspirits.org

Southern Spirits one of my nicest, but least-known web sites. Online since 1994, Southern Spirits brings the ghost-voices of our magical past into the modern age. These are our spiritual ancestors speaking -- both as others heard them and as they told the world about themselves. Listen!

The material at Southern Spirits was gathered from a variety of sources, including old books, magazine articles, newspapers, and even fragments extracted from novels and short stories. It is heavily annotated with interpretive and comparative notes, especially distinguishing between narratives told *by* practitioners and narratives *about* them, particularly when the latter are recounted by derogatory or "amused" white observers.

4) "Where the Southern Cross the Yellow Dog" Private Forum:

private-patreon-forum-f237.html

As a Patron, you have access to our exclusive threads at the Lucky Mojo Forum! Signing up takes a few seconds, and each thread allows you to participate in discussions with me about the ongoing Patreon page publications. To comment on this week's new pages, or any of the previous posts, please go to my private Patreon forum at the web address above.

5) And remember, if you have any difficulty reaching any of my PRIVATE Patreon forums, you can post a notice and request for help at the PUBLIC Patreon Forum page here:

support-cat-yronwode-on-patreon-t93993.html

6) Please follow me on Facebook at

https://www.facebook.com/catyronwode

Cordially,

cat yronwode
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:11 am

Tonight i finished my 6th straight set of bonus web pages for my Patreon supporters. This week's secret stash of fun is offered to those subscribed at Tier 2 and above. It consists of FOUR bonus web pages "From the Land of Tea" that once and for all will demystify and disentangle the history of the Fairylite Foreign, B. Shackman, and Unmarked Genuine Porcelain Fortune Telling Tea Cups! And for those who were following me in January -- yes, this is the same Fairylite company that gave us the amazing Fairylite Empire Made Wheel of Knowledge. There's a pattern here, as The Mystic Tea Room now, for the first time, officially collides with Your Wate and Fate. If you love fortune telling and folk magic, but you haven't joined my Patreon feed, learn more and sign up here: https://patreon.com/catherineyronwode
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:18 am

Tier 3 FEBRUARY 21st, 2021

ONE NEW URL (and our regular stand-bys) go out on February 21st, 2021 for Tier 3 Patrons and above as a reward for your ongoing support of my Patreon project,

1) Your Wate and Fate -- The Tiffany Birthstone Poem!

[SECRET URL]

This is an essential part of the cluster of pages that deal with lucky stones and flowers and the links between these and the Zodiac. Two earlier pages in this series, published in January 2021, shared an introduction to the concept of birthstones and a set of 12 postcards that made partial use of this week's poem. In the poem's text, the origin of the modern ascriptions of gemstones to birth-months is given, accompanied by photographic examples of fine jewelry of the past. Please use the above link to access your Patreon preview, which will open to the public in February 2022.

4) "Your Wate and Fate" Private Patreon Discussion Forum

[SECRET URL]

As a Patron, you have access to our exclusive threads at the Lucky Mojo Forum! Signing up takes a few seconds, and each thread allows you to participate in discussions with me about the ongoing Patreon page publications. To comment on this week's new pages, or any of the previous posts, please go to my private Patreon forum at the web address above.

5) And remember, if you have any difficulty reaching any of my PRIVATE Patreon forums, you can post a notice and request for help at the PUBLIC Patreon Forum page here:

6) Please follow me on Facebook at

Cordially,

cat yronwode
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:25 pm

Hello, everyone, and thank you for supporting "It's All Ephemera"!

Five URLS (of which 4 are regular stand-bys) go out on February 28th, 2021 for Tier 3 Patrons and above as a reward for your ongoing support of my Patreon project.

Tier 3 FEBRUARY 28th, 2021

In this installment of "From the Land of Tea," i offer you a private upcoming page that will eventually be on display at the Mystic Tea Room web site. As a Patreon supporter, you have access to thee page one full year before the public does.

1) The Year of Living Vicariously

[SECRET URL]

This new page provides insights into my personal life, by way of examining four postcards in depth. It is not simply about tea rooms; it is about everything and nothing, really, about Palm trees in cache-pots and Pelargoniums in tin cans, about table linens and polished wood.

2) The Mystic Tea Room Web Site
https://mystictearoom.com/wiki/The_Mystic_Tea_Room

"The Year of Living Vicariously" is part of The Mystic Tea Room web site, which is dedicated to the traditional art of fortune telling by tea leaves, also known as tea leaf reading, cup reading, cup tossing, divination by tea leaves, tasseomancy, and tasseography. If you are not yet familiar with the public portion of the site, check it out!

3) "From the Land of Tea" Private Forum:

[SECRET URL]

4) And remember, if you have any difficulty reaching any of my PRIVATE Patreon forums, you can post a notice and request for help at the PUBLIC Patreon Forum page here:

5) Please follow me on Facebook at

Patrons at Tiers 4, 5, and 6 can expect their packages of books and ephemera to go out on March 1st, 2021.

Cordially,

cat yronwode
catherine yronwode

Cousin Joshua
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Cousin Joshua » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:11 pm

Howdy Miss Cat!

I suspect I am not seeing the private forum because the e-mail I used for Patreon does not match the older e-mail I use for the forum. Whoops! Wasn't thinking about that when I signed up on Patreon. I have really been enjoying the links and articles - Eartha Kitt singing about the Southern Cross and Yellow Dog had me over the moon! Hope you are well!!!

~Joshua
HRCC Graduate #1571

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:55 pm

Cousin Joshua -- ask nagasiva or Evan to get you in the private forum. It is right above this publis page, and when you click to open it, all of the private topic-threads are there.
catherine yronwode

Metalina
Patreon Patron

Unread post by Metalina » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:32 am

I’m not yet authorized to read the private forum section. I think my emails match?

Evan Lionhart
Site Admin

Unread post by Evan Lionhart » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:44 pm

Hi Metalina,

I've just modified both your avatar and group permissions. You should be good to go now :)
Evan Lionhart, Lionhart Candles&Curios,
HRCC #2047G, AIRR, HP, Forum Admin

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:38 pm

Thanks, Evan.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:40 pm

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:41 pm

I have just finished a new Patreon page for the week of March 7th, 2021-- and opened up a new topic thread for my subscribers at the Secret Patreon Forum. The new thread is "Leaves from the Root Doctor's Garden" and it is an adjunct to my Herb Magic web site at http://herbmagic.com

The first entry in this thread is a look at the life of Joseph E. Meyer, "The Herbalist" -- and it is available to Tier 1 Patrons and above. For those at Tiers 5 and 6, this means that you can look forward to some genuine Joseph E. Meyer ephemera at the end of this month!

Look for your email links tonight!

Subscribe to my Patreon feed here for as little as $2.00 per weekly article:

http://patreon.com/catherineyronwode
"It's All Ephemera with Cat Yronwode
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:02 pm

Tier 1 FEBRUARY 7th, 2021

FIVE URLS (of which 4 are regular stand-bys) go out on February 7th, 2021 for Tier 1 Patrons and above as a reward for your ongoing support of my Patreon project,

1) "Joseph E. Meyer: The Herbalist" by cat yronwode

[SECRET URL -- sent to Patrons via email]

A new interest-thread begins to unspool this week! This is the first of what i hope to develop into many pages on herbal wisdom as it was given to home practitioners of folk magic in the 20th century..

2) The Public Herb Magic web site:

https://www.herbmagic.com

Herb Magic is a commercial site where i sell herbs, but it also hosts a small (and growing) collection of informative articles on herbs and roots.

Online since 2004, Herb Magic is more than a catalogue -- it is a free spell book for those who want to learn.

Each herb listed for sale at Herb Magic is provided with at least one spell, drawn from the pages of my book, "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic."

3) "Leaves from the Root Doctor's Garden" Private Forum:

[SECRET URL -- Accessible to Patrons only]

4) And remember, if you have any difficulty reaching any of my PRIVATE Patreon forums, you can post a notice and request for help at the PUBLIC Patreon Forum page here:

5) Please follow me on Facebook at

Cordially,

cat yronwode
catherine yronwode

ychirea1
Patreon Patron

Unread post by ychirea1 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:33 pm

Hey there
I am having a hard time getting links to any of the stuff since January

The mail says "secret url" but I don't know if I am supposed to have it or not.

The email said "view on Patreon."

I logged in to Patreon but that wasn't it either. Frankly either I am really stupid or it is very confusing.

Maybe please send me or post the link for my tier group so I can go there every month?

Am I supposed to be able to read these "secret URL thingies?"

Evan Lionhart
Site Admin

Unread post by Evan Lionhart » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:12 pm

Hi Ychirea1,

(Checking on this on miss cat's behalf) Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the links. If I understand correctly, you're getting the emails but the text isn't showing the URL? Thankfully it doesn't seem anyone else has had that issue so far, but I'd be look into this for you.

I just sent an email to the address you signed up with on Patreon. Once you receive it, can you give me a little more detail about what's happening when you try to access the links?

Thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:31 pm

Thanks, Evan.

Ychirea: Only this page, the Facebook announcements, and the Patreon announcement should say [SECRET URL] -- the actual URLs are sent to the Patrons via private email.

Evan: I might just be best to check out her Tier level and re-send her the links directly.
catherine yronwode

Evan Lionhart
Site Admin

Unread post by Evan Lionhart » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:35 am

Sure thing! I just replied to Ychirea via Gmail. We've got it resolved, but they're going to let me know which links they still need and I'll send them directly. :)

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:18 pm

We're looking for best delivery address for the following person in the Patreon system:

TD1Jacksmom

Please contact me via Facebook or through the Patreon messaging system with your best delivery address.

Thanks!
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Support Cat Yronwode on Patreon”