• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Pendulum Questions and Answers

How to select and employ Lucky Mojo divination tools, and how to learn fortune telling in the Hoodoo and Conjure tradition.

Pendulum Reading Questions and Answers

Unread postby Sharona22 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:05 pm

I read a response on another forum site about using divination to tell you about a way to decide what to do for a spell.

Is it usually with a pendulum, and if so how did you begin?

I just received my first pendulum 2 days ago.
Sharona22

Re: Pendulum Reading Questions and Answers

Unread postby Miss Bri » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi Sharona,

If you are asking what is the best approach when you have several different magical options available to you and how do you choose, then, yes, a Pendulum is a good place to start for this kind of work since it will give you a yes/no and sometimes maybe answer.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Re: Will a Pendulum Help Decide What Spell to Use?

Unread postby Sharona22 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:50 pm

I feel the idea of using divination for insight into my situation is a really good idea. I have a pendulum I just started working with
Sharona22

Unread postby theusurper » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:21 am

i did the jack pendulum, and the other day i asked a question and i told the pendelum, just answer with the "V" of victory and i'm still surprised. That can happen? :roll:
theusurper

Unread postby snake » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:39 pm

I've had really great luck with my pendulum to check in on my spell work. It's more straight forward for quick questions, like "is this working" or "is someone blocking my work" or "does the target know what I'm doing" I really like reading cards too because it's a family tradition, but I started working with the pendulum again for spell work.
snake

Unread postby nati1 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:45 pm

What is the correct way of cleansing your Pendulum before the first use?

Is holy water with a prayer appropriate?

Does anyone that uses a Pendulum have any tips?

thanks

nati
nati1

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:04 pm

I have used pendulums straight off the shelf (i try them out in the shop before buying).

"Cleansing" an inanimate object is a fairly common Neo-Pagan term, but i am not Neo-Pagan. I think of what i do as "dressing" or "anointing" them or "waking them up," terms with different connotations that are more commonly found in hoodoo, the form of folk-magic i practice.

Instead of a prayer, i can start in the shop by asking the pendulum if it is a good little pendulum, will it work for me, is it ready to work for me, and so forth. I am engaging in a dialogue with it.

Once i select one for use, i tend to anoint them Van Van oil (a cleansing and dressing oil), and i have also worn them next to my skin (in my bra) for seven days to "train" them and get them used to me.

OIL-HOO-VANV
Van Van Oil
$7.00

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Pendulum

Unread postby nati1 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:23 pm

Thanks for the advice, I am waiting on Van Van oil at this time, so can I use anything else? I did however ask the Pendulum if I was using it correctly and it said yes (lol).

I never thought about having it on me so that it could get usec to me!!! Great Idea.

nati
nati1

Pendulum

Unread postby LMFan » Tue May 19, 2009 6:46 am

I just bought a Pendulum-- and am unfamiliar with using it for divination regarding my work.. anybody familiar with how to use it?
I asked the pendulum which was yes or no and it seemed to give clear signals of which was which, however when I asked it a simple yes question-- it went in a circle??
How do you know?
LMFan

Unread postby Apo » Tue May 19, 2009 8:03 am

Maybe you should buy a book on the subject and learn more about it. here's a link from Missionary Independent which is related to Lucky Mojo where you can find some books on the subject: http://astore.amazon.com/missionary-div ... TF8&node=4

If Miss C. Yronwode sells them, then they must be very good books.

Or you can scout the net and find some tips. There's lots of free information hanging around that will help you learn how to use the pendulum.

A minor tip: pendulums can swing in different directions. Some readers assign back and forth as "yes" or "no", while others give that to clockwise and counterclockwise motions. Different movements have different connotations. You can either give an specific meaning to each according to your needs and likes or you can take it from a system created by someone else which you can find in a book.

Best of luck.
Apo

Unread postby nati1 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:58 am

Did you ask your Pendulum to show what "maybe" looks like? When I first received mine from LM, I asked mine to show me yes, then no, and maybe... mine was clear as to what clockwise meant, counter-clockwise and then a swinging motion (north 2 south movement)...hope this helps!!!
Nat
nati1

Unread postby LMFan » Tue May 19, 2009 9:20 am

I never thought about maybe!! I thought it was merely a yes or no tool.. good thinking. I feel kind of funny talking to the pendulum, but it' really answers!
LMFan

Unread postby SouthernGirl » Tue May 19, 2009 9:10 pm

Oh, wow. I've been fascinated by pendulums, but never felt comfortable/confident enough to buy one since I didn't really know how to use them. After a bit of search (small amount) I made my own pendulum with a nickel sized chunk of an amber pendant and an old sterling chain I had that had a borken clasp. WOW! I did some test questions and had a very definite "yes, no and maybe". And it feels so incredibly right.

Now I'm hooked. I've been reading/learning tarot but have a long way to go. This is a great tool that can be helpful now as well as when I get better with tarot.

So glad I stumbled upon this subject! Thanks for listening to my excited rambling.
SouthernGirl

Unread postby LMFan » Thu May 21, 2009 7:09 am

I'm still working with my pendulum, and I guess I don't quite trust it yet.. although I asked a question of it yesterday and it gave me a No answer-- which I didn't believe but it was right!! So I guess it's telling me the truth so far!! Just for grins I asked it if this guy I am doing a honey jar was the one and I got a maybe/ yes-- still learning to trust it!!!!!!!!!!!
LMFan

Unread postby LMFan » Mon May 25, 2009 6:19 pm

Now I'm not sure if I trust my pendulum at all! I asked a specific question if I was going to hear some news about someone this weekend.. it's consistently said yes.. now the weekend and is over and I have no news.. I'm not sure what to think?? Can it be faulty somehow?
Or is time relevant with these things?
LMFan

Unread postby j82 » Mon May 25, 2009 6:48 pm

hey all, good topic, i have a pendulum also and I have found issues that im emotionally attached too or desperatly want an answer to it always gives me the answer I want. I have heard other people complain the same thing.. some think it might be your will forcing it to that answer. Iv used it in other cases say to help a friend and the results are right on.. iv taken to only use it in those kind of mundane issues that im not tied too.. I use a tarot deck for other things which give more detail to questions anyways. I know its a hard tasks to take up in study but using them daily and asking questions helps build an understanding of the deck. Anyways with the pendulum.. some suggest cleansing them with holy wate, earth to ground them, and to leave them once a month in full moon light. you can ask it to show you yes, no and uncertain.. it can swing back and forth or in a circle. try and place your arm on a comfy yet steady position when using it.. also try asking it simple things you can prove or disprove in the next few days like, will so and so call, if it goes top to bottom and in a few days they dont, you know thats no.. play with it a little and get use to it. to LMfan, i hada psychic reading by a great psychic in my area who is always dead on and told me me and my ex would be back together, she used a pendulum with tarot , the pendulum showed we be back ( swining in yes)..she told me by the summer.. which never happined and I always wondered how it happined too.. well two yrs after we got back together.. so was it right or wrong.. i dont know, ill let you decide ;)
j82

Unread postby SouthernGirl » Mon May 25, 2009 7:25 pm

Well, my understanding of it is that it's minute muscle movement and vibration that causes the movements. So, basically your subconscious. If you really believe someone will call that may be why the yes. Or maybe if you really want someone to call, as j82 stated. Too emotionally tied to it. It's all still pretty new to me. These are just the things I'm reading.

I did see that it could be used with spirits guiding it, sort of like assisting a child to form a correctly written word when they are learning to write. A spirit can assist our vibrations for a yes or no. Now, that is way out of my ability/comfort level. Don't think anyone should go summoning spirits unless they're prepared and experienced in case an unpleasantly unexpected sumpin' may occur.

Now, my yes and no seem opposite of everyone else. Left to right is my no. Front to back is my yes and clockwise circles are my maybe. I literally asked "Am I a girl. Am I a boy." to get the yes and no. :)

Still experimenting. I did purchase a pendulum a couple of days ago. Lovely little store close to where I work was literally putting them on the display when I walked in. I was drawn to one in particular which I got for a steal.

Used incense to cleanse it and feed it. And have remembered to thank it each time. Has it's own special little wooden box to live in :) In the meantime, I'm still practicing learning tarot.
SouthernGirl

Unread postby Turnsteel » Mon May 25, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi, figured I'd kick in my bit.

SouthernGirl wrote:Well, my understanding of it is that it's minute muscle movement and vibration that causes the movements. So, basically your subconscious. If you really believe someone will call that may be why the yes. Or maybe if you really want someone to call, as j82 stated. Too emotionally tied to it. It's all still pretty new to me. These are just the things I'm reading.

Your on the right track SouthernGirl the medical term for it its the Ideo-motor Response or IMR, its basically a movement of muscles in the body out side of normal conscious control, that's why if you want to pendulum to swing this way or that it will. With pendulum I feel you need to take a step back from the question and be open to any response. Nerd bit over now. :geek:

SouthernGirl wrote:A spirit can assist our vibrations for a yes or no. Now, that is way out of my ability/comfort level. Don't think anyone should go summoning spirits unless they're prepared and experienced in case an unpleasantly unexpected sumpin' may occur.

Again very true, to a point. The spirit you call to help you doesn't have to be something out of a book like the Key of Solomon, which has some heavy characters, it could be your favorite aunt that passed, or that dog you had as a child, or the spirit of the pendulum it self. A spirit can be a great aid in such matters and to someone looking to start using pendulums I would suggest either a Jack Ball made for you and working with the spirit of the jack same as any other mojo. Or get a good size Queen Elizabeth root and talk to it and make nice with the spirit of the root and use that as your pendulum. Something like that can't hurt you and can become a valuable aid and accomplice in your work.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Mon May 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Thanks Discordia, I was trying to remember the scientific term for involuntary muscle movements. I know I've heard the same thing about Ouija boards, which is offered as an explanation for why you get gibberish if you blindfold yourself using them. I have had my pendulum give me answers I didn't like, aned refuse to change them when I asked repeatedly, so I'm hoping it isn't just me answering myself.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...
Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby SouthernGirl » Mon May 25, 2009 7:57 pm

HailDiscordia wrote:Hi, figured I'd kick in my bit

Glad for your bit! I've discovered this like a week ago, so I'd hate to think that my ramblings weren't being looked over by someone with more knowledge :mrgreen:
HailDiscordia wrote:Your on the right track SouthernGirl the medical term for it its the Ideo-motor Response or IMR, its basically a movement of muscles in the body out side of normal conscious control, that's why if you want to pendulum to swing this way or that it will. With pendulum I feel you need to take a step back from the question and be open to any response. Nerd bit over now. :geek:

Hah! I love the nerd bit and the medical part. I'm called a nerd and a geek by my best friends and I consider it quite the compliment. And I'm a nurse, so I appreciate/understand/agree with all that!

SouthernGirl wrote:A spirit can assist our vibrations for a yes or no. Now, that is way out of my ability/comfort level. Don't think anyone should go summoning spirits unless they're prepared and experienced in case an unpleasantly unexpected sumpin' may occur.

HailDiscordia wrote:Again very true, to a point. The spirit you call to help you doesn't have to be something out of a book like the Key of Solomon, which has some heavy characters, it could be your favorite aunt that passed, or that dog you had as a child, or the spirit of the pendulum it self. A spirit can be a great aid in such matters and to someone looking to start using pendulums I would suggest either a Jack Ball made for you and working with the spirit of the jack same as any other mojo. Or get a good size Queen Elizabeth root and talk to it and make nice with the spirit of the root and use that as your pendulum. Something like that can't hurt you and can become a valuable aid and accomplice in your work.
I absolutely understand that many spirits are helpful, loving and not at all anything to fear. My only concern is that a total newbie such as myself, while intending to get in touch with my beloved (fill-in-the-blank), may inadvertantly open themselves up to a less pleasant spirit. Especially if certain precautions aren't made or the knowledge of how to safely contact pleasant entities isn't known.

BTW, I love the Queen Elizabeth root for a pendulum. I've seen that can be used, but haven't laid my hands on one yet. Hard to get here and I'm still waiting on an order from LM. So will have to wait a bit. But I want to try that. Yeah, okay, I want to try the jack ball too. Too dang many things to do!
SouthernGirl

Unread postby LMFan » Tue May 26, 2009 8:39 am

Good Advice everyone.. I think Southern Girl is onto something about being too attached to the outcome of the question. I asked it something I really didn't care about and got a correct answer ( at least what I think is a correct answer) This is what makes me nervous, I've been using the pendulum to tell me if my Honey Jar is working on it's intended target and it always says yes, now I'm not sure what to think.
I did pull a couple cards last night and they told me to " Be patient, persistent and diligent in your efforts" --
LMFan

Unread postby j82 » Tue May 26, 2009 5:06 pm

then there is your answer be patient. Try not to freak out and obsess over the work, do it and walk away and let it do what it does.. sweetend them to you. Sometomes we get caught up in wanting something we jinks it ourselves by obsessing.. i know its hard, get a book, read, work on something do anything but distract thinking about it when you are not working it. btw is the wax showing any signs in the candles as they burn, any signs? , why dont you have a friend ask using a pendulum if the honey jar is working correctly? get an independant source.
j82

Unread postby SouthernGirl » Tue May 26, 2009 7:17 pm

j82 wrote: Sometomes we get caught up in wanting something we jinks it ourselves by obsessing.. i know its hard, get a book, read, work on something do anything but distract thinking about it when you are not working it.

Sort of like casting the evil eye on ourselves I guess. Hadn't really thought of it like that before.
SouthernGirl

Unread postby LMFan » Wed May 27, 2009 6:23 am

You know how stuff happens when you're not expecting it?? That's the same thing, you guys are right.. I have asked on of the LM Certified Practioners for help -- see if they get the same thing I do.
My honey jar has a clean burn, only the wicks leftover-- sometimes while I'm concentrating on the candle I get sparks-- but it's been about 10 days -- still a little early I know.. but
I also had some tell me regarding the pendulum that if you ask if if you can use it , you get great results! I will try!
LMFan

Unread postby SouthernGirl » Wed May 27, 2009 8:02 am

Good luck LMFan. Let us know how it goes.
SouthernGirl

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Wed May 27, 2009 11:35 am

I'm just starting with my pendulum, but I always ask it if it minds talking to me, then thank it when I'm through.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...
Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby j82 » Wed May 27, 2009 5:54 pm

if the candle is burning strong and clear ( no drops thats a great sign) ya 10 days is early but dont lose faith keep praying, keep working and you will get results. sometimes it takes time longer then we want but keep pushing and you will get it. Try backing your work up with a 7 day candle to help. LM lights em and it is a great asset. My understanding of sparks is the spirit pleeding for you, it can be viewed as resistant..when i get pops i plan to work harder and a bit longer. with the pendulum play with it a bit and see what you get, the best thing you can do is get to know your tool. Once you understand it then these issues will be gone. ask it mundane questions and see, work up to the honey jar, take a few weeks.. wont hurt to wait before assessing it and then trying.. good luck
j82

Unread postby skyme714 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:44 pm

I made my own pendulum I heard of long time ago and used it then. A needle with a thread through it, and on the sharp end of the needle you stick a tiny piece of bread ball (take a small tiny piece of bread and roll into a ball). I hold it over a paper circle that already has answers yes and no written on it. If it swings incircle I just take it as dont know or paraphrase the question. I am not sure if it works by itself; I always call out a "kind spirit" to talk to.

I did notice before that you can influence its answers with you mind power thats why while asking question Im trying not to look at it, or not to think about the preffered answer. So far it worked for me.

I do believe its answers. And every time I woud ask the same questions, and get the same answers - which makes believe in its truth. I try not to use it every day though, to give it some rest.

Although, it got me puzzled one time, we had little misunderstanding with my boyfriend, and I asked pendulum if Im gonna see him today - the answer was no, tomorrow - the answer was no, only the next day it said yes. It told me that he in fact was mad at me. But I did see him the same day. So it wasnt really true what it said, but it happened only once.

Until I read this forum I didnt know it was a common practice (I found out about pendulum like 10 years ago when I was a teenager, and thought maybe it was a kiddie stuff). Some people would say that it is me who is moving the thread and needle in the direction I want.

What is interesting is that I tried to just hang the thread and not to hold it in my hands - and it wouldnt move! Does anyone know why?
skyme714

Unread postby IBMagnet » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:19 am

I have gotten myself a pendulum some months ago from a store. It is a green chinese crystal ball hung on a green string with a silkworm symbol. The instructions that came with it claim it will bring luck, money and prosperity depending on where it is placed in the home. I placed it on my window so it is exposed to sunlight and moonlight as a sort of money drawing charm.

I smoked it over sage smoke. I even smoked myself and the entire house. I have gotten no effect from it.

It understands me but I don't trust its answers. I still have it hanging on my window. Any idea how or if indeed it can help me draw money and luck my way?
IBMagnet

Unread postby IBMagnet » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:40 am

I smoked it over sage smoke. I even smoked myself and the entire house. I have gotten no effect from it.

It understands me but I don't trust its answers. I still have it hanging on my window. Any idea how or if indeed it can help me draw money and luck my way?

That was purely a rethorical question. I know which mojo products help with money/luck drawing. My question is more like: can a pendulum draw things to someone or is that fold tale?
IBMagnet

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:58 pm

Pendulum can help you decide what measures to take, herb to use, etc that will be most effective in drawing what you need.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Problems using my pendulum

Unread postby Fernview » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi everyone. I have recently started using my pendulum. It has been right on with questions regarding me. It was very accurate in telling me things that would occur in the future that I did not think would happen. For example I asked would I get a B+ in a class, it said no. I said how about a B-? it said no. Then I said will I just get a solid B, it said yes. Well I didnt believe it, in fact I thought I was going to get a C. Anyway to make a long story short, I indeed got a B (85) i was so surprised.

However, last night I asked my boyfriend to ask me questions that I would not know the answer to and the pendulum gave me all the wrong answers. How could this be? Could it be that I am a person that can only use the pendulum when asking questions about myself?
Fernview

Re: Problems using my pendulum

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:57 pm

You may just not be ready to read on other people yet. Ask your pendulum about the issue, and see if perhaps there is something else needed to help you develop those skills - such as holding a personal link of some kind to those you are trying to read.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

New to pendulums

Unread postby Littlestar » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:55 pm

I bought a pendulum yesterday and cleansed it with some holy water since thats what I had on hand.

Questions-

1) From what I read some assign yes/no some ask to show which is which. Is one way better

2) Those who use one do you use it with a chart?

3) Is there an opening prayer or such one should use before using one?

4) Best ways to cleanse it.

5) Today I took it out and it doesnt seem to want to move. Did I do something wrong yesterday?

6) Recommended books on pendulums?

Thanks
Littlestar

Re: New to pendulums

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Littlestar,

Speaking only from my own experience and that which i have observed in others who are adept with the pendulum in divination:

1) No way is "better" or "best"when it comes to directionality of movement to which you assign the terms "yes" and "no."It is like dog training or like learning a language -- you pick a phrase or a gesture and work until you are fluent in communicating through that phrase or hand gesture.

2) I have used a chart, but i don't anymore -- the pendulum goes in a little bag or is worn as jewelry -- no need to carry a chart around.

3) I am sure that each person will answer this in his or her own way. I begin by speaking to my pendulum.

4) I dress my pendulums with Van Van Oil.

5) I doubt you did anything "wrong." You probably just need to re-establish contact with it.

6) For further information, i recommend the book

BOO-DIV-PEMB
Pendulum Magic for Beginners, Richard Webster
$13.95

Here are the pendulums currently in stock -- and note, this list is subject to change, as these are hand-made items from various nations and supplies fluctuate over time:

Divination, Pendulums

DIV-PED-ADPB Divination - Pendulum Adventurine Plumb Bob Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-AMAZ Divination - Pendulum Amazonite Plumb Bob w/ Ring Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-AMET Divination - Pendulum Amethyst Tear-Drop w/ Ring Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-AMPB Divination - Pendulum Amethyst Plumb Bob Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-BAMB Divination - Pendulum Banded Agate Stone Metal Bail Pendulum $15.00
DIV-PED-BSPB Divination - Pendulum Bloodstone Plumb Bob Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-CHAK Divination - Pendulum Glass Bead and Crystal Chakra Pendulum $18.00
DIV-PED-CHGB Divination - Pendulum Chakra Glass Beads/Crystal Pendulum Bracelet $18.00
DIV-PED-CHGL Divination - Pendulum Chakra Glass Beads & Leaded Crystal Pendulum $18.00
DIV-PED-CHSB Divination - Pendulum Chakra Gem Stone Beads/Crystal Pendulum Bracelet $25.00
DIV-PED-CHST Divination - Pendulum Gem Stone Bead and Crystal Chakra Pendulum $25.00
DIV-PED-CRPB Divination - Pendulum Carnelian Plumb Bob Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-CTSD Divination - Pendulum Coppertone Small Disc Top Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-CTSP Divination - Pendulum Coppertone Spiral Style Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-CTTU Divination - Pendulum Coppertone Turnip Style Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-GTJO Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Jasper Cross Pendulum w/OM $10.00
DIV-PED-GTJR Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Jasper Cross Pendulum w/Reiki Symbol $10.00
DIV-PED-GTLD Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Large Disc Top Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-GTPB Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Plumb Bob Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-GTPC Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Pointy Cone Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-GTSD Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Small Disc Top Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-GTSL Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Shorty Long Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-GTSP Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Spiral Style Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-GTTU Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Turnip Style Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-LEEG Divination - Pendulum Lepidolite Egyptian w/Ring Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-LETD Divination - Pendulum Lepidolite Tear-Drop w/Ring Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-MOPB Divination - Pendulum Moonstone White Plumb Bob Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-MPPB Divination - Pendulum Moonstone Pink Plumb Bob Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-OCEG Divination - Pendulum Orange Calcite Stone Egyptian Style Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-QUAR Divination - Pendulum Clear Quartz Tear-Drop w/ Ring Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-QUFP Divination - Pendulum Clear Quartz Faceted Long Pointy Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-QUPB Divination - Pendulum Clear Quartz Plumb Bob w/Stone Ball Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-RQFA Divination - Pendulum Rose Quartz Stone Faceted w/ Ring Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-RQPD Divination - Pendulum Rose Quartz Plumb Bob w/Stone Ball Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-SEEG Divination - Pendulum Serpentine Stone Egyptian Style Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-SEMI Divination - Pendulum Semi-Precious Stone Tear-Drop Penduum, Asst. $10.00
DIV-PED-SKEL Divination - Pendulum Pendulum, Vintage Iron Skeleton Key and Antique Chin Bell $28.00
DIV-PED-STSP Divination - Pendulum Silvertone Spiral Style Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-STTU Divination - Pendulum Silvertone Turnip Style Metal Pendulum $10.00
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

first time working with a pendulum

Unread postby nena1974 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:42 pm

I just received my first pendulum. I got it because I wanted to know if my nations sack was still alive and working for me. i placed it on top of my nation sack and asked. it said yes! then i asked a question to what the answer was obviously no, just to check ;) , and it answered no! I'm amazed and wish I had bought one sooner. My question is how I should treat it? do i meditate with it? just ask questions? store it a certain way? and how accurate is it?
nena1974

Re: first time working with a pendulum

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:05 pm

This topic has been discussed in the forum, I am posting replies here for your review

Pendulum: pendulum-t755.html#p3549
Pendulum: pendulum-t1280.html#p6226
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby nena1974 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:37 am

Thank you. That helped allot, I just didnt think it would be so cut and clear....
nena1974

Unread postby jwmcclin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:48 am

Glad it helped...
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Pendulum help

Unread postby sakura » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:24 am

I wasn't really sure where to post this, so just move it if need be.

I have a pendulum which really confuses the heck out of me. I ask it a yes or no question to determine its swing, such as 'Is the sky blue right now?" and it will swing one way. So then to double-check I ask it, 'Is it nighttime right now?" and it will swing the opposite way. Thus, in theory I should know which way is yes and which way is no, BUT I've noticed that when, for example, I held it over my nation sack to determine if it were dead, it swung "no" until i started thinking "but is it right?" And THEN it starts swinging to yes!

This happens with virtually every divination I try -- it swings the way I hope it will, then when I start doubting, it swings the opposite way.

I've been VERY careful not to move my hand at all, so I have to think I'm psychically influencing the darn thing -- and thus can't get accurate readings.

What do you think, and what can I do about it?
sakura

Re: Pendulum help

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:09 pm

sakura, always do a forum search before positing, this is one of those questions that has been asked several times, and all of the threads are merged into one thread -- this one.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby sakura » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Whoops! I didn't even think to do a search! <embarrassed> Sorry, and thanks!
sakura

Unread postby sakura » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Aaaand those threads were perfect! Thank you! Again my apologies!
sakura

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:43 pm

Great!
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MissMichaele » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:04 pm

This happens with virtually every divination I try--it swings the way I hope it will, then when I start doubting, it swings the opposite way. I've been VERY careful not to move my hand at all, so I have to think I'm psychically influencing the darn thing--and thus can't get accurate readings.
The pendulum is one of those instruments that is extremely sensitive to the subconscious mind of the reader. I've had several pendulums so far, and they always tell me what I want to hear -- or else what I'm afraid to hear. I've even tried the advice given on the other threads -- no difference. Some of us just can't get a pendulum to tell us the truth.

So, yeah, Tarot and Bible for me.

However, if you ever get yourself a jack ball, you can use it pendulum-fashion for divination -- if pendulums will talk to you. If not, the traditional way to work a jack ball is to deliberately swing it like a pendulum, to influence events rather than predict them.

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:43 pm

This is most true. I had a student a little while ago who simply couldn't get the pendulum to give accurate responses.

Something to always consider for any type of divinatory work is the Psychic Vision products. These can be used to help augment your abilities and fine-tune your responses.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Papa Newt » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:13 am

That is great idea ConjureMan Ali! Before using my pendulum I will usually say a prayer such as The Prayer of St Joseph the Visionary. I'll give this a try with the pendulum anointed with Psychic Vision oil and see how that goes. :)
Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Re: Divination Tools

Unread postby TBanks91 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:29 am

how do you work with pendulums? I'm very curious because this morninq I went to my kitchen to qet a cup to drink and my Weightloss Mojo fell out of my undergarments. I usually sleep with it and have it on me 24.7, my mom saw it, but did not touch it, does the pendulum come with directions?
Thank You SO Much St. Jude For Your Help In The Past, Present & Future.
TBanks91

Re: Divination Tools

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:11 pm

We carry a good basic book on how to use the pendulum (highly recommended) plus a wide assortment of pendulums in many styles. The book is

BOO-DIV-PEMB Book - Divination Pendulum Magic for Beginners, Richard Webster $13.95

The pendulums are

DIV-PED-ADPB Divination - Pendulum Adventurine Plumb Bob Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-AMAZ Divination - Pendulum Amazonite Plumb Bob w/ Ring Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-AMET Divination - Pendulum Amethyst Tear-Drop w/ Ring Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-AMPB Divination - Pendulum Amethyst Plumb Bob Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-BAMB Divination - Pendulum Banded Agate Stone Metal Bail Pendulum $15.00
DIV-PED-BSPB Divination - Pendulum Bloodstone Plumb Bob Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-CHAK Divination - Pendulum Glass Bead and Crystal Chakra Pendulum $18.00
DIV-PED-CHGB Divination - Pendulum Chakra Glass Beads/Crystal Pendulum Bracelet $18.00
DIV-PED-CHGL Divination - Pendulum Chakra Glass Beads & Leaded Crystal Pendulum $18.00
DIV-PED-CHSB Divination - Pendulum Chakra Gem Stone Beads/Crystal Pendulum Bracelet $25.00
DIV-PED-CHST Divination - Pendulum Gem Stone Bead and Crystal Chakra Pendulum $25.00
DIV-PED-CRPB Divination - Pendulum Carnelian Plumb Bob Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-CTSD Divination - Pendulum Coppertone Small Disc Top Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-CTSP Divination - Pendulum Coppertone Spiral Style Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-CTTU Divination - Pendulum Coppertone Turnip Style Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-GTJO Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Jasper Cross Pendulum w/OM $10.00
DIV-PED-GTJR Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Jasper Cross Pendulum w/Reiki Symbol $10.00
DIV-PED-GTLD Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Large Disc Top Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-GTPB Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Plumb Bob Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-GTPC Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Pointy Cone Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-GTSD Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Small Disc Top Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-GTSL Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Shorty Long Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-GTSP Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Spiral Style Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-GTTU Divination - Pendulum Goldtone Turnip Style Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-LEEG Divination - Pendulum Lepidolite Egyptian w/Ring Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-LETD Divination - Pendulum Lepidolite Tear-Drop w/Ring Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-MOPB Divination - Pendulum Moonstone White Plumb Bob Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-MPPB Divination - Pendulum Moonstone Pink Plumb Bob Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-OCEG Divination - Pendulum Orange Calcite Stone Egyptian Style Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-QUAR Divination - Pendulum Clear Quartz Tear-Drop w/ Ring Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-QUFP Divination - Pendulum Clear Quartz Faceted Long Pointy Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-QUPB Divination - Pendulum Clear Quartz Plumb Bob w/Stone Ball Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-RQFA Divination - Pendulum Rose Quartz Stone Faceted w/ Ring Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-RQPD Divination - Pendulum Rose Quartz Plumb Bob w/Stone Ball Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-SEEG Divination - Pendulum Serpentine Stone Egyptian Style Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-SEMI Divination - Pendulum Semi-Precious Stone Tear-Drop Penduum, Asst. $10.00
DIV-PED-SKEL Divination - Pendulum Vintage Iron Skeleton Key and Antique Chin Bell Pendulum $28.00
DIV-PED-STSP Divination - Pendulum Silvertone Spiral Style Metal Pendulum $10.00
DIV-PED-STTU Divination - Pendulum Silvertone Turnip Style Metal Pendulum $10.00
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby BLESSING1014 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just got my 1st pendulum from LM & i am very happy with it. alredy established Yes & No. I didnt know i could do maybe. I might just stck with yes no I like straight forward answers.

I didnt realize when i ordered it there was a book so now i will order the book for beginners.

My question though about spirits. Can i summon the spirits of my grandmother(s) to help me with it & if yes how do i do that?

Thanks! :oops:
BLESSING1014

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:37 pm

BLESSING1014 --

I have known people to communicate with spirits, including ancestral spirits, through a pendulum. There are many other methods of working with a pendulum as well. See these pages at AIRR:

Pendulum Divination
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... Divination

Psychometry
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... sychometry

Mediumship
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... Mediumship

And again, i recommend this book:

BOO-DIV-PEMB
Pendulum Magic for Beginners, Richard Webster
$13.95

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Problems using my pendulum

Unread postby Psychic Mimi » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:19 pm

I had problems, too. I was looking for something I lost, and the pendulum directed me to a specific shelf in my closet. Well, instead of finding what I wanted, I found a picture of an ancestor that I was looking for weeks ago. I was happy about finding the picture, but disappointed at the same time.

I went back to the pendulum, and it was still affirmative with the closet itself. No more hint of a shelf, but still on the closet. I tore it appart and found what I was looking for, but I wondered why it would direct me in this manner. Could I have not been clear enough or could it have just been that it was purposely directing me? This is not the first time something similar happens, so I am also wondering if it is just a function of my inexperience.
Psychic Mimi

Unread postby boo14 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:28 am

I have a question about pendulum work and dowsing.

I recently started dowsing. And I was immediately successful at it. I have been doing research all over the internet about the proper way to dowse and of course you will find so many different opinions about what is appropriate, how many questions and what type you can ask in a day, and who you can communicate with.

Here is my question.... I started using a dowsing chart to communicate with my spirit guides and I asked the guides if they were of the light and believed in the holy ghost etc.. etc.. and everything was fine.

Then I asked my guides their name and it turns out that I am communicating with my grandmother. And I know it is her because I asked her questions only she can answer. I have know and been told by many people that she is my protective spirit and it was no surprise that she answered. She often comes to me in dreams and I have been working on my ability, an way to further my communication with her and my other protective spirits who she named and I knew that they were exactly who she named.

However I read on a dowsing website that you should never speak directly to your relatives through dowsing....... You should do it through a spirit guide..... I just can't imagine that this is harmful. She is my protective spirit.

Is the web site information I read true?

Am I causing harm by communicating with my grandmother in this way?

Is there really a limit on the daily questions?

I know you can only use it for good reasons and that you can't abuse it, but having simple conversations?

Telling her I love her?

Asking her things about me?

I have no interest in knowing about when I am going to die, or about other people’s lives or anything in that manner. But this obviously is a vehicle in which she has been waiting to communicate with me.

Please advise. I in no way want to cause harm or bring in spirits of evil. But I believe that is why she and the other protective spirits are with me.....to protect me and my children from those very spirits. I have felt it my whole life.
boo14

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:13 pm

In conjure we communicate with our ancestors directly. Although some may work with a helper or spirit guide, there is no need for an intermediary spirit. After all, an ancestor can be the ideal spirit guide. The pendulum is a great channel for communication.

best,
ConjureMan Ali
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:36 pm

I agree fully with the above statement by ConjureMan Ali. 100%
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MsHooDooPrincess » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:10 pm

I cleanse my pendulums with florida water,holy water,and smoke them out with sage to remove negative energy. I place them in my bible or in box with my tarot cards.

;)
MsHooDooPrincess

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:54 pm

MsHooDooPrincess --

Those are very nice ways to work. As i noted earlier, i like Van Van oil to rub them. This is a traditional amulet and charm anointing oil.

OIL-HOO-VANV
Van Van Oil
$7.00

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Pendulum Questions and Answers

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:41 am

I like to mix a small amount of Spirit Guide Oil, or Psychic Vision Oil, with the Van Van Oil for rubbing my pendulums and other divination tools.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Sophistine » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:41 am

I purchased a Queen Elizabeth root some time ago. At the time, I cleansed it with a bit of whiskey (since I didn't have Van Van oil on hand, though I do now). I wore it close to my skin for a week and then placed it on my ancestral altar since I intended to use it as a pendulum for working with my ancestors.

Today I dressed the root with a bit of Spirit Guide oil (one of the special blend oils from LM which I received this week). When I suspended the root from a red string and asked it to show me a "no" answer, it twirled first in one direction several times, then the other direction...it did this many times in a row, first one way and then the other, in time to the beat of the song that was playing. I had my elbow on the table, so I "think" I was keeping myself steady.

I frequently see images in things, often without looking for them. When I first looked at the root after dressing it with oil, I seemed to see someone with her arms crossed. After the "dances" though, the shadows and curves seemed to change to someone extending one hand.

I'm pretty new to hoodoo. My first thought was that the pendulum was wanting to work with me. But is it possible there is another purpose for this root that is being hinted at (through the visions)? Should I cleanse it with Van Van oil and "start over" with keeping it close to me? Please excuse my ignorance, but I only know how to use the whole root as a pendulum or in combination with a John the Conqueror root.
Sophistine

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi, Sophistine --

When i work with a brand new pendulum, i train it -- i don't let it lead me a merry dance. I tell it, "this is my yes," and force it that way, followed by, "this is my no," and force it the other way. Then i ask it if it is a good little pendulum and wait for a "yes." If i get one, i ask it, "are you willing o work for me?" If i get another yes, then we go to work.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Next

• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

Return to Divination Tools, Tarot Cards, Pendulums, Crystal Balls, and Spirit Boards